Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Arctic Café  (Read 722551 times)

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 99
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Arctic Café
« Reply #750 on: March 29, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
They are very shy/careful, and will not show up to anyone, surely not to a limbos ;)
They watched me for a 15+ days before their approach. They do not care about what I talk, they care a lot about what i do.
I guess that might say more about their shine. Ask cameron NOT!

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #751 on: March 29, 2016, 09:58:18 PM »
They are very shy/careful, and will not show up to anyone, surely not to a limbos ;)

That explains why they fly away from me.  ;)

We see them from our windows, not when we're outside.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 01, 2016, 08:56:43 PM »
(to be removed, placed somewhere else, whatever)

Edit March 29, 2016, 10:56:49 PM:
All 3 YT videos of RS in Cuba initially posted here are bought off & disabled (1, 2, 3), links replaced with new ones, more options to buy, profit 1st.

Edit 2016-04-01: I know, it's a fool day but lets see.. Links are back now, my congrats/hat_tip to who did that :)

Nature in my blood, a song in my comprehension of today. Most members have a blood like me, those who do not - no translation of the song can help them .

BTW: Microbes can play games with the mind .

Something to wander wonder think about, "The Color Counterrevolution Cometh" by Dmitri Orlov at ClubOrlov .  :shock: and now what??

Watch 70-iers in action .

8)   OLE! ( still waiting for the Full Show, c'mon folks ;))
/EDIT 2016-04-15/: and here it is:   video, thanks Norbert, audio, thanks Ge. /END_EDIT/

:) A Greenfinch Tweets Bernie :)

Happy 80th Birthday David Suzuki.

Café post #700 updated: Operation IceFish Closed.

Imagine that instead of a limbos freaks in our govs a full persons  prevail ...

From my byd, 'Thanks, Man!', attached :

<Edit due to change in forum rule of handling Youtube link.>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:07:54 AM by ivica »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #753 on: April 01, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »
Ivica
It's encouraging to hear from someone who sees the US of A in much the same light as myself.

Terry

Martin Gisser

« Reply #754 on: April 02, 2016, 12:37:40 AM »
Documenting a vanishing culture, Part 1.
Last century I enjoyed a short ice swim in Jyväskylä. Horrific fun. Swimming to the ice edge and letting the snow blown from across the Jyväsjärvi hit my face. But I didn't dare put off my socks, and so they froze to the planks 1m before I could reach the sauna door...

But it seems this wasn't general folk culture, this ice swimming club just a few experts.

BornFromTheVoid

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 679
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #755 on: April 02, 2016, 09:39:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone here subscribes to cryolist (an email list for sharing information, data, conferences, jobs,  PhDs, etc., related to the cryosphere) but there was a great email sent on it yesterday. A pretty cool data update, but with wonderful humour.
You can find the original here, in the latest batch from April. http://cryolist.org/archives.html

Dear fellow conspirators,

As you may recall from our monthly strategy meetings held in tropical paradises around the world
at the gullible tax-payers' expense, between 1960 – 1995 the USGS pretended to take tens of
thousands of large format photos of glaciers of western North America to provide ‘documentation’
of the impacts of what they and others would later call “climate change” or “global warming”.  Of
course we know these photos were taken in the same studio used to fake the moon landings, but in
their brilliant book “Glacier Ice”, Post and LaChapelle used these photos to successfully dupe
generations of arm-chair scientists, hippies, and do-gooder politicians that glaciers are
beautiful and respond to climate change.  I am glad to report that this elaborate and effective
hoax is about to go digital.

For the past several years we have been scanning the negatives of these photos with
photogrammetric quality.  We have nearly completed all of the vertical images and will soon
release them.  These photos are suitable for reconstructing glacier topography at a time when no
satellites existed, allowing us to fabricate glacier volume change over the past 20-50 years to
further confuse the public and line our pockets with the profits of doing so.

You can find a description for one method I plan to implement for discovering the alleged location
of these photos by following this link: http://fairbanksfodar.com/nagap-photogrammetry-coming-soon
 For each film roll in the inventory, a similar Google Earth KML file as described there has been
or will be created.  Each roll is organized by date, so by viewing these KML files one can step
back through time to see how these glaciers could have retreated as well as quickly identify which
subsets of photos can be used for photogrammetric surface reconstructions to quantitatively
measure their volume loss by comparing to more recent fabrications of surface elevation such as
from NASA’s Ice Bridge program which uses “lasers” to do the same thing (lol, as if...).  While we
have an overwhelming amount of indisputable misinformation out there already on "climate change"
and its impacts, personally I find repeat photos of glaciers particular convincing and I hope this
35-year time series of high resolution vertical images of valley glaciers will go a long way
towards furthering and reinforcing that cause, as well as be useful to scientists seeking new
means of generating wild claims of increased rates of ice volume loss and sea level rise and the
like.

In the next month or two I hope to have all of the photos geolocated in this way and available
online in full resolution.  These will be accompanied by a data paper describing the methods
involved with this elaborate hoax as well as tips on using these photos to create convincing
reconstructions of surface elevations, which of course I will hide in plain sight in one of the
many peer-reviewed conspiracy journals we support.  The data will include full resolution tiffs
straight from the scanner (~140MB), full resolution jpgs that have been optimized for contrast and
exposure by me for use in photogrammetry or publications (~20MB), preview jpgs suitable for web
viewing, and metadata spreadsheets that describe location, date, etc. for each, at roughly 4TB in
total.  I’ll have my own methods for distributing these online, but if any misinformation centers
are interested in a bulk transfer so that they can profit from their re-distribution, please let
me know, as there’s clearly enough money in this climate change racket to last us all several
lifetimes.  I’d like to thank the National "Science" Foundation, the USGS, and the Al Gore “Let’s
get rich by claiming that thermometers actually work” Campaign for their generous support in this
endeavor.

Keep up the good work!  We've almost got 70% of the US public believing that "global warming" may
not be a ridiculous idea! Lol! The human capacity for self-deception is indeed unlimited...
-Matt
I recently joined the twitter thing, where I post more analysis, pics and animations: @Icy_Samuel

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #756 on: April 14, 2016, 03:09:14 PM »
he is still up and running, it seems :
http://brucespringsteen.net/

OrganicSu

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
If I was a betting man I would bet on the following...
1. If internet banking via satellite existed when the titanic ship sank, the owners would have ordered the crew to STFU and instead announce "drinks, food and souvenirs on sale at half price for a limited time only"; Then of course wire the money off ship before sinking.
Would you do that? Of course not. Would they? Of course yes.

2. "They", the ones who make the real decisions, know climate change is real and it's effects will be catastrophic. They just don't want everyone else to know we are sinking. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/planet-oz/2015/aug/06/how-australians-were-ready-to-act-on-climate-science-25-years-ago-and-what-happened-next

3. The society we live in will collapse under the strains of climate change. Not everywhere at once, but bit by bit and place by place.

I do not, yet, have an adequate source of water, food to survive. I'm relying on more time. I have 12,000 liter rainwater capacity. It stopped raining here in February, (2 months too early). The ground is cracked a meter deep (in other fields) and the temperatures are like early June.
I am working full speed to get self-sufficient. I have enough electricity - off-grid PV sorted. But I can't drink electricity.

Do you have water and food sorted?
If you don't, in the future hypothetically speaking of course, would you sell your children into "a better life" for a few liters of water? Children are sold every day in the places which are already sinking. For what? For a few meagre provisions.
Would you buy a child? of course not. Would they? Of course yes.

Send out your SOS. But no-one is able to help. We are all in the same boat (planet earth). I won't bet on martians coming to help us out.

Save Yourself - get your supply of water and food sorted, and if you get these sorted, then get security sorted. And if you don't need it you can leave whatever you set up to your children. I bet they will need it if you don't.

I live in a 35 year old caravan. It was bought, delivered and lived in, within 2 days. You can spend years and all your money building a cement dungeon if you want but I wouldn't drink cement. This allowed me to work sooner on water and food. I am 7 years at it and still not there. An extra 12,000 liter rainwater storage arrives tomorrow. The swales and hugelcultures built last year really help to capture every drop. 
And yes, soil is everything. Everything.

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 06, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »
I did not know Bill Collins, well if you are following here, you know the problems already but it may be worth listening.
Climate Change is Here. Now What?

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 13, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 14, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »
http://www.sci-hub.io/ is down !  :'(
"in case sci-hub.io is blocked for you use sci-hub.bz or sci-hub.cc to access the website"

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 14, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »
excellent thanks !

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 14, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
Terry, thank you very much for your comment!

Bruce Springsteen where are you - we miss you these days, London Calling.
Thanks, Laurent.
RIP, Joe, we remain here.
Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner where are you, Earth Calling ... !

Bernie was in Vatican. Full text of the speech.
(google for "bernie in vatican" with open eyes and ready neocortex...)

Pope Francis said on Saturday that his meeting with Sanders was not meddling in politics and that anyone who thought otherwise should “look for a psychiatrist”.

Politicians (generalized) are not guardians of life, if they are why are we in trouble? That should change . Imagine that instead of a limbos freaks in our govs a full persons prevail...

-
A message from Josh Fox.

--
70-iers in action, in Cuba, the full show: video (thanks Norbert), audio (thanks Ge).
(the main post maintained accordingly)

---
Hi, NYC, what's up ?
What ?  We don't hear you!

----
?  why are some ppl so much obses?ed with lexic/syntax, ignoring semantic ? (semantic: the word used already 27 times on this forum)

Joy Christian posted it in other forum:

John Oliver's take (on it) is here,
and US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse's take here.

.. and do not forget: Exxon knew.

A message from Neil deGrasse Tyson: "Candidate Endorsements matter if you’d rather have a famous person, an organization, or media entity do your thinking for you".

"Science is about finding...", remembering it ?

Bill Nye: "We really are going to change the world. Let's go!!"

Almost undocumented event, Bernie in Sacramento 2016-05-09. Like a rock star!

:)         RollingStone Bernie         :)   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:15:20 AM by ivica »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #763 on: May 14, 2016, 10:39:27 PM »
Feast or famine?  Another measure of global inequality.

The World Is Getting Fatter and No One Knows How to Stop It
Humanity is putting on weight. Across the globe, in wealthy countries and developing nations, among children and adults, an increasing number of people are overweight or obese. Today, nearly 40 percent of the world’s adults fall into one of those categories, according to new estimates by a global network of researchers called the NCD Risk Factor Collaboration.
http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2016-global-obesity/
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

theoldinsane

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #764 on: May 16, 2016, 07:40:06 PM »
Feelings about Climate Change in a song not about CC:

Lyrics:

http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/flash_and_the_pan/lights_in_the_night-lyrics-213377.html

I've got money in my pocket
 But I'm feeling broke

Thats accurate (according to CC and the prevailing economic system)

If the radio doesn't get me
 The TV will

Change to:

If the weather doesn´t get me
The SLR will

Enjoy  :)

Pmt111500

« Reply #765 on: May 17, 2016, 01:37:53 PM »
The finnish section of wwf has installed  webcam on an undisclosed location filming a couple of rocks where Saimaa ringed Seals often rest. The cam should be on for the month of May. Best times to see a seal or the other seal (Siiri and Pullervo, they're called) have been early in the morning and late evening (4-7 Gmt and 17- gmt), Occasionally they've stopped here also in their siesta middle of the day. The researchers wish to be informed if more individuals appear on camera and they've released the identification marks for these two to the public. http://wwf.fi/elainlajit/saimaannorppa/#

http://wwf.fi/wwf-suomi/viestinta/uutiset-ja-tiedotteet/Nain-tunnistat-norpat--2758.a
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:05:06 PM by Pmt111500 »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 18, 2016, 03:34:36 PM »
Have not read this book (yet  ;) ), but the story-line could be apropos of our future....

The Day the Moon Blew Up
The plot of Seveneves gets going when the moon blows up without warning and for no apparent reason. This isn’t a spoiler—it’s the first sentence of the book. “The moon blew up without warning and for no apparent reason.” People figure out that in two years, chunks of the moon will rain down on Earth in a cataclysmic meteor shower, wiping out every living thing and leaving the planet uninhabitable for thousands of years. The world unites on a plan to get as many spacecraft as possible into orbit, where a few select people can ride out this Hard Rain and keep humanity going.
https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Seveneves

The above article includes a 360° video of Bill Gates chatting with the author of the book (while driving a Tesla), and stopping at a fast food place for a burger (!).

Pmt111500

« Reply #767 on: May 18, 2016, 04:32:13 PM »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 20, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
What are you going to choose: The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly ?
<$$>

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:17:30 AM by ivica »

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2016, 08:43:05 PM »
http://climatefeedback.org/ a site to note the climate news

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 27, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »
Australia removed from UN world heritage climate report
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36376226
All references to climate change's impact on World Heritage sites in Australia have been removed from a United Nations report.

A draft of the report contained a chapter on the Great Barrier Reef and references to Kakadu and Tasmania.

But Australia's Department of the Environment requested that Unesco scrub these sections from the final version.

A statement from the department said the report could have had an impact on tourism to Australian.

It also said the report's title, Destinations at Risk, had "the potential to cause considerable confusion".

"In particular, the World Heritage Committee had only six months earlier decided not to include the Great Barrier Reef on the in-danger list and commended Australia for the Reef 2050 Plan," the statement said.

"The department was concerned that the framing of the report confused two issues - the world heritage status of the sites and risks arising from climate change and tourism.

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 27, 2016, 12:11:16 PM »
This Is What Extinction Sounds Like
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-krause-soundscape-ecology-extinction_us_5746a423e4b0dacf7ad3fe0a?ir=Green&section=us_green&utm_hp_ref=green

We are all witnesses to climate change’s devastating impact on our world. We just have to stop and listen.

It was spring 2004. The air was cool and still, the encroaching dawn light outlined the horizon; and there, in the heart of California’s Sugarloaf Ridge State Park, was Bernie Krause busily setting up his microphone.

The soundscape ecologist recorded the symphony of the forest’s sounds that day: the gurgle of the gushing stream; the melodic birdsong from sparrows and woodpeckers, robins and grosbeaks, towhees and wild turkeys. It was a rich and vibrant recording, a celebration of life and biodiversity.

OrganicSu

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:21 PM »
Are we too deep in the daily data?
Yesterday I took a look at 3 graphs:
400,000 years of CO2 and temperature - I am again convinced they are very tightly correlated. https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/400000yearslarge1.gif
CO2 in Mauna Loa - going up at an accelerated rate. http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/full.html
Global Temperature - going up at an accelerated rate and is lagging behind the CO2 rises so will rise more. http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/graphs_v3/Fig.A2.gif

I conclude society will collapse. I believe it is time that to make sure you and your loved ones will be as safe as possible for as long as possible. If you think self-sufficiency is not important please re-check the 3 pieces of data above. Self-sufficiency takes decades depending on your starting point, available time, wallet. Are you positive you have enough time or are you willing to gamble your life on being always able to rely on food and water being provided for you? I believe it is time to run

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 01, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
I won't have posted something from whatsupwiththat ! I am not a specialist but i think it is a denier nest. The first graph you provided show some temperatures down to -9°c, when I started understanding climate change I found a graph like this one where the temps are down to -6°c. In 2014, someone on this forum (certainly AbruptSLR) did post a meta analysis of the data provided to the the IPCC and they were ranging from -3 to -5°c averaging around -4°c. That is something important to me, It helps me choose data with a larger scope, from 0 to 50 million years for example. Unfortunately I can't find it any more. That doesn't change what you are saying thought.

Ninebelowzero

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 03, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #776 on: June 09, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
Some activity on the ice at Kimmirut? or just some debris?

https://www.lookr.com/lookout/1198520951-Kimmirut#action-play-day

magnamentis

« Reply #777 on: June 10, 2016, 12:29:03 AM »
they're there every day in the same spot and are leaving overnight. i suppsose they're ice-fishing, the gear one can see are skidoos and sleds.

Anne

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »

OrganicSu

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 12, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
We were wed
   To the trees
       Forever

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: June 15, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »
Thank you all who work hard for our better future  !  .

So many hopes/hypes about quantum "miracle" around, I offer this view as an anchor to reality:
The Quantum Computer Puzzle

BTW: The greatest singer in the world, by Sting, here .

They muddy
the water,
to make it
seem deep.
Friedrich Nietzsche

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:19:32 AM by ivica »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #781 on: June 16, 2016, 04:55:01 AM »
ivica

I live close by The Institute for Quantum Computing & The Perimeter Institute. Stephen Hawking and others come here to contribute, study, and instruct. After years attending open lectures I'd guess that the deepest secrets of Cosmology and the discovery and proof of a Grand Unified Theory will be settled before a practical Quantum Computer makes it to the store shelves.

Clean Coal, Carbon Sequestration, The Rapture, & Quantum Computing - I won't be holding my breath.

BTW
Your cartoon says it all.

Terry

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2016, 07:36:29 PM »

Einaudi plays piano on an 'iceberg' as an Arctic glacier crumbles around him

By Tim Edwards, 20th June 2016, 12:34

Italian pianist premiered a new piece in Svalbard to publicise Greenpeace’s battle to save the Arctic.

Read more at http://www.classicfm.com/composers/einaudi/news/iceberg-video-greenpeace/#4vV2uPstB0lreEoZ.99

There is a video of him playing and a video on how the film was made.

Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2016, 12:32:40 AM »
‘There Is Such a Thing as Being Too Late’

Obama on Threats to Nature and the Power of National Parks
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/06/president-obama-yosemite-national-parks-climate-conservation/

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »
Just sharing a few links got from Christina on behalf of the GCCM Team, it is about Laudato Si Week:

The week began with GreenFaith’s Sacred Earth, Sacred Trust on June 12, an interfaith day of celebration of the earth and action on climate change.
"
We Will Celebrate
The earth as sacred; worthy of our respect, awe and veneration.

We Will Reaffirm
That ultimately, we aren´t earth’s owners, but rather her caretakers.

We will Reassert
Our moral responsibility for the well-being, interdependence of all life and show our solidarity with the most vulnerable.
"

Local Laudato Si’ Events
Laudato Si’ Week Reportback
Laudato Si’ Online Conference

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 27, 2016, 02:41:02 PM »
Sounds interesting :
The Future of Democracy | Santiago Siri | TEDxStPeterPort

http://democracy.earth/

theoldinsane

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 27, 2016, 11:05:06 PM »
Excuse me if i am totally ot but the tiny little country iceland just won the soccer game Against the Great brexit 😊

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 30, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »
... And the announcer was the happiest anyone could hope to be in their lifetime!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/22/icelandic-commentary-on-winning-goal-is-simply-brilliant/

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 30, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »
This is just a little video of an amazing machine that harvests radishes into bunches.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/fun.video.ca/videos/202067743522714/

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 19, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »
YT link to "Money for Nothing" appears disabled (as well as many other YT links in other posts - not going to bother with that), I'm refreshing/replacing prev post from June 18, 2016, 01:03:32 AM:

ivica

I live close by The Institute for Quantum Computing & The Perimeter Institute. Stephen Hawking and others come here to contribute, study, and instruct. After years attending open lectures I'd guess that the deepest secrets of Cosmology and the discovery and proof of a Grand Unified Theory will be settled before a practical Quantum Computer makes it to the store shelves.

Clean Coal, Carbon Sequestration, The Rapture, & Quantum Computing - I won't be holding my breath.

BTW
Your cartoon says it all.

Terry

Terry, Thanks. I've nothing more to add. ! !

EDIT 2016-07-19 - An Add - Tweeted Here: "Respect existence or expect resistance." .

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:22:34 AM by ivica »

JimD

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. Alexander Solzhenitsyn

How is it conceivable that all our technological progress - our very civilization - is like the axe in the hand of the pathological criminal? Albert Einstein

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 17, 2016, 02:56:16 AM »
Retwitting :

Bill McKibben ‏@billmckibben 3h3 hours ago

That guy @BernieSanders issues powerful statement on new NASA study that the fossil fuel industry is spewing methane http://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-statement-on-nasa-study-confirming-fossil-fuels-as-source-of-largest-methane-buildup?utm_content=bufferef20b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

---

A message from Homer's world :

"Mediterranean fish rots from the head. How about your fish?"

Addendum: Translation of 'Čakaj me' from Slovene to English

Attached :

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:24:33 AM by ivica »

BornFromTheVoid

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 679
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #792 on: August 18, 2016, 03:05:57 PM »
I recently joined the twitter thing, where I post more analysis, pics and animations: @Icy_Samuel

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 19, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
Just watching The Morality of Fundamental Physics -- Nima Arkani-Hamed -- Cornell University.
Very interesting and of universal value, many quotes could be made out of it, let me pass one:
"It is important to keep an open mind, but not so open that our brains fall out" - R. Oppenheimer
More follows there, for example - about tolerance and when that applies and when it does not...
Short description: it is about How To Think.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:26:05 AM by ivica »

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 25, 2016, 06:32:55 PM »
Retwitting Neil Tyson:

Could use a new ballot choice: “None of the Above”. If it beats the leading candidate then all new people must run for office

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #795 on: August 25, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »
Could use a new ballot choice: “None of the Above”. If it beats the leading candidate, Richard Pryor is president!

! No longer available
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:20:28 PM by Neven »
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #796 on: August 26, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
That's hilarious Neven. Are elections in Austria anything like they are in the U.S.? Reminds me a little of Eddy Murphy in "The Distinguished Gentleman".

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:54 PM »
Wait For Me

Sreća je sklona vitezu ?

want to hear somethong abput lexic.syntax, semantic. boring, isnt it?
Linguistic, huh ?. many/multy universe? who cares?

How about 1+1=2?

- a couple of weeks later --
waiting for inspiratio. meanwhile, please, dont breed like rabbits.

---

voting for a lesser evil is sad and illogical reality of this society. what to think about objection : "if we vote for an evil, why choose lesser one?" Seems like as what they have seeded over the planet is coming back to them .

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:30:19 AM by ivica »

Pmt111500

« Reply #798 on: October 06, 2016, 08:50:41 AM »
Just wanted to share the first one (scraped off the car windows/body). The winter is coming.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:55:59 AM by Pmt111500 »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #799 on: October 06, 2016, 01:38:16 PM »
Looks like you've got one third of a small snowman, PMT!