There's a lot of Bernie Sanders clips in the documentary, and it really makes one wonder how on Earth it is possible that Clinton became the Democratic nominee. I really don't understand that.
If Bernie would have had more of the black vote.....she wouldn't have won. The way the primaries were done on the Democrat side....the early states had a large percentage of blacks....which went to Clinton.
Bernie would have CRUSHED Trump even much worse than Clinton likely will.
What I had written earlier still stands in my belief: This election is the implosion of the Republican party. Next election will be the implosion of the Democrat's party.
The elected Republican's really have done a HUGE disservice to "fiscal conservatives" over the past 20 years. That is why Trump got the Republican nomination. True fiscal conservatives (such as myself) HAVE NO PARTY to look to.
A true FISCAL CONSERVATIVE in the US:
1) Would NOT want to enter every war at the drop of the hat....WAY to expensive
2) Would NOT want to ignore global warming....again...WAY TOO EXPENSIVE TO IGNORE
3) Would NOT want to ignore the issues surrounding social security
In addition....there are issues that I believe ARE FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE....but not usually thought of in that realm:
1) Narrowing the wealth gap.....the amount of money and investments now SITTING ON THE BALANCE SHEETS of wealthy individuals COULD create a lot of growth in the middle or lower income classes in the US. But now......income is "funneled" to the wealthy via poor tax policy and it just "sits" on the balance sheets of the wealthy.
2) Health care has been an absolute mess in the US for DECADES. WAY too much cost... It is NOT fiscally conservative to have a system that is run SOOOO poorly...especially when it is so expensive.
The implosion of the Republican party is now taking place....for all to see. The implosion of the Democrat's has started (via Bernie) and will continue to take place. Keep your eyes on Tulsi Gabbard....she is a Congresswoman from Hawaii....and a big Bernie backer. She is one of the reasons that Debbie Wasserman Shultz was pushed out of being the head of the Democratic National Committee. Gabbard is smart....well spoken....and served in the military in Iraq.
The internet is....in many ways....still young. It is continuing to transform how we interact, how are politics is played out, and how we get information (news, blogs, etc).
In the US.....the "press" has done a HORRIBLE JOB during the election process. WAY too passive, especially during the primary process. They were a large reason why Trump got the nomination (free press coverage). CNN should be on Trump's Christmas list....without CNN showing Trump every time he wanted to talk....he never would have got the nomination. It also helped that CNN didn't question Trump critically....and allowed him to "lie at will" during the primary process. That has changed during the post nomination process.
In the US....we ALLOW what is really a "fake news organization"....FOX News...to feed lies to people. FOX began in 1996 by Roger Ailes (who served in the Nixon administration....and was an advisor to Bush senior. FOX is nothing more than an extension of what is now the "old Republican party".
MSNBC was formed a an "answer to FOX". While MSNBC does a MUCH better job of being a "news organization"....they are far from perfect.
The cracking open of the Republican party is also taking place at the same time the "cracking open of FOX News" is taking place. It is fascinating to see it play out....