Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1473927 times)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #2150 on: April 10, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
Neven nails it. Russia is a distraction.

But for some, a useful distraction.

AMAZING.....

Yes.....having another country trying to effect the outcome of the elections is nothing but a distraction.  That is laughable.....

What the DNC did to Bernie was horrible.  What the Russian's did was HORRIBLE X 10.

;)

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 10, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
There are 3 special elections to watch in the coming weeks:  Montana, Georgia, and Kansas.   These are all from districts that were being held by Republicans who are now in the Trump cabinet.  If you had told the Dem's that they would have a chance to steal EVEN ONE of these....they would have been ecstatic JUST FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN ONE.

These special elections are a "gauge" to see if there might be some "buyers remorse" coming into the psyche of the US voters.....the people who voted for Trump.

Right now....it looks like all three are going to be a LOT CLOSER than the Republicans would like.  If the Dem's could steal one.... I'm sure they would be incredibly happy.  It is still "likely" they won't steal even one of them.  BUT...if they WERE to steal one....or two.....that would certainly send a chill up the spine of the Republicans (except those who are spineless).  And it would drive a wedge between some more of the Republicans and Donnie.

The other thing to watch is Donnie's poll numbers.  I expected him to get a "bounce" out of his Syria escapade (that usually happens).  But......his attack on Syria really didn't seem to get much traction......and many people (including me) looked at it as a "show" to pretend he wasn't close with Putin.  So the public MAY not give him much of a bounce.

Time will tell............we'll see.

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2152 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »
I'll never agree that it's a distraction (or a waste of time, or an inability to come to grips with the enormity of our losses last November) to check into whether the President of the United States colluded with a hostile foreign government to help him get elected over a far more experienced, qualified, intelligent, knowledgeable, and competent person. If that happened--and there is extant evidence to support that contention--that is A Very Big Deal indeed. I'm not talking about Russian propaganda aiding and abetting Trump's campaign; that's a given. No, I'm talking about American citizens performing acts that bordered on, if not crossed directly into, treason. If that happened, the perpetrators need to be rooted out and made to pay. Period.

Now, noting that it would be A Very Big Deal in no way whatsoever endorses the apparent claim made here (and elsewhere, such as on Fox, etc.) that it's The Only Deal. Many of the comments here seem to be based on the belief that we Democrats and liberals and progressives can either A) look into the possibility that Trump and/or his people committed treasonous acts, or B) look deeply into what ails the party and do everything in our power to change it. And that's it, as though it's a binary choice, and there's absolutely not enough energy or people or resources to do both. Chomsky himself falls victim to the same thinking; he seems to be convinced "all our focus" is on the Russia thing, when we should in fact be embracing and celebrating that Trump wants to have better relations with Putin.

I disagree with that belief.

First, such thinking fails to take into consideration the fact that, should we choose to just let outside entities have their way with our electoral system, all the good and great and supportive things Democrats bring to the American people won't matter. We could literally do away with crime, and terrorism, and climate change, and police brutality, and gangs, and drug use, and income inequality, and joblessness, and homelessness, while giving everyone in America free healthcare, a free house, a free car, free college tuition, a lifetime pension, and month-long vacations every year, and those unchecked external forces would still see to it that their preferred candidate wins. We can't abdicate our duty to prevent that, and I'll never agree with those who suggest otherwise.

Second, an analogy: if you return home some evening to find your front door smashed open and you hear whispers and other noises from the direction of your darkened living room and you see a group of hooded men stealthily jamming all your silverware and other valuables into burlap sacks, and then at the same time you notice smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom and you see the faint, telltale glow of orange flickering inside a window, you don't say, "Wow, there's too much going on here; my attention span is simply too narrow to deal with all of it, so I'm only going to call the police, because I have to get these burglars. I can't let myself be distracted by that growing blaze on the second floor; I'll just have to live with that, and besides, the flames might help drive the burglars away."

We can do both. And, far more importantly, we *are* doing both.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're doing everything in our power to groom and pay for candidates for the hundreds of down-ballot races we'll need to win to start taking back this country.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're working hard and raising tons of money to fight institutional sexism, and racism, and homophobia.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're motivating literally thousands of civil rights attorneys to fight the egregious overreach of Trump's unconstitutional Muslim ban.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're working--with pretty good success, I might add--to keep in place Obamacare, which, while far from perfect, is much, much closer than any one of the GOP's nonsensical alternatives.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're fighting tooth and nail to preserve the environmental protections all Americans have taken for granted.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're combating climate change, and the pro-pollution forces that want you to think it isn't happening.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we are indeed showing Trump's supporters just how he fleeced and scammed them, and not so we can do as HRC did (at times) and use, "At least we're not as bad as him" as a campaign slogan, but because people need to know.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're working feverishly to slow and silence the drumbeat of war, and to prevent Trump from changing the world forever by launching for political purposes a preemptive first nuclear strike against North Korea.

While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're doing things on a hundred or a thousand different fronts, all battles that we need to fight to achieve victory against the encroaching darkness--and, yes, that includes working to get big money out of politics, if that's not already too late.

We can do both. We *are* doing both.

Pmt111500

« Reply #2153 on: April 10, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »
There were sine (SOME, gdi this keyb on the phone) glitches with the electronic lists of nominees here, the lists on paper had to be taken on display at least in 3 communes. No knowledge of why electronic lists failed on these communes.
I guess it's entirely normal.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:58:07 PM by Pmt111500 »

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #2154 on: April 10, 2017, 05:02:02 PM »
Well put, Jim.

Some seem to have been presenting a false dilemma--one can either deal with systemic issues or deal with issues of Russian involvement with the elections. I think we can do both, and if we are not defending the integrity of our elections, then everything else is pretty much forfeit anyway.

When you are dealing with someone who is destroying science and basic protections, and when your side does not currently have the legislative power to directly stop these assaults, politics 101 says step one is to de-legitimize those in power. In the case of Trump, there are lots of ways to do so, but when many intelligence sources are claiming that there are reasons to believe treason was committed in his election, that (along with many other points) makes the de-legitimizing both easier and, well, legit!  :)

Just because we have interfered with other country's elections doesn't mean we shouldn't be outraged when it happens to us. People in those country's surely have a legitimate reason to be outraged.

A drone strike from a hostile country on our citizens on our soil should and would not be dismissed by anyone as a mere 'distraction,' just because we have made drone strikes against others.

If anything, it should also make us want to change the system even more, so that we can stop our government from doing these things that we can see ever more powerfully how harmful they are to a country.
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #2155 on: April 10, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
But if all those things are done at the same time, then why is the Russia spy drama getting all of the attention?

Dems Trying To Pass Bill To Stop Trump From Tweeting

! No longer available
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #2156 on: April 10, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »
Don't be distracted by the MSM. Most activists aren't.

There are resistance groups that have formed all across the country, and if the one I go to is any indication, Russia barely comes up. These are people ready to fight and do the electoral politics on every level to protect Muslim and Hispanic neighbors from deportation, to do whatever we can to slow the dissolution of environmental protections, to fight Wall Street, to hold back the erosion and dismantling of the public school system, to protect women's basic rights...

These are among the concerns voiced by the people in my group, and I'm sure by most such groups around the country. If Russia came up, it was more like a 'one more thing to get outraged about this pathetic presidency' type of discussion.

Trusting US MSM to give accurate and properly weighted information about what is happening on the ground in US politics is about as naive as trusting it to tell you anything accurate about current Arctic sea ice conditions...or anything else, for that matter.
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #2157 on: April 10, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »
That's good to hear, wili, thanks. I really hope that this time we'll be able to break through the vicious cycle of left-right polarization.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

jai mitchell

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 207
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #2158 on: April 10, 2017, 06:40:03 PM »
Jimmy Dore has been providing excellent laser-like commentary of the current U.S. political morass for some time now.  I find his presentations invaluable.  This one was very important in understanding why there was such a lack of interest in the corporate-wing of the democratic party among progressives.

Haiku of Futures Passed
My "burning embers"
are not tri-color bar graphs
+3C today

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #2159 on: April 10, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »
The linked article is entitled: "Russian arrested in Spain 'over US election hacking'".

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39553250

Extract: "Spanish police have arrested a Russian programmer for alleged involvement in "hacking" the US election, Spanish press reports have said."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2160 on: April 10, 2017, 10:32:07 PM »
Jim

I know, because I've personally used the software, that the Democratic Party provided their latest voter identification and fund raising package to both the Liberal Party of Ontario, and The Liberal Party of Canada. My understanding is that the Conservative Party of Ontario, and The Conservative Party of Canada were gifted the Republican counterparts.

Since these apparently are treasonous acts. I have been a witness to, indeed a participant in at a minimum, two counts of treason, or Conspiracy to Commit Treason.

I can testify that software designed to influence the Canadian electoral processes was provided when Hillary headed your party, and when Obama was in charge.

Since Obama and Hillary are not Canadian citizens, they can't be charged with treason. Perhaps an international court will slap a huge fine on the Democratic Party, payable to the citizens of Ontario and again a payment to all Canadian citizens. The VW company pays for attempting to mislead Americans about emissions, the Democrats should pay a similar fine for disrupting a Canadian's most cherished right.
What amount do you think is fair when caught with your hand caught in the ballot box?  :)

Influencing others elections is as old a practice as electioneering itself. The only way to stop it is to stop holding elections.
Your choice.

Terry

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 11, 2017, 12:45:22 AM »
The linked article is entitled: "Jimmy Carter: I hope Donald Trump reinvigorates women’s movement".  We should all recognize that not only is the Trump Administration behaving badly towards women's rights; but Donald's administration is using the same abusive tactics against: the MSM, the Muslim community, the Hispanic community, the Scientific community, etc.  Unless, we all want to be treated like victims we need to learn to work strategically & co-operatively.

http://www.ajc.com/news/jimmy-carter-hope-donald-trump-reinvigorates-women-movement/7WqS6pH5Lepp5CWyAtRtFL/

Extract: "Jimmy Carter said Thursday that he hoped President Donald Trump’s words and actions would “reinvigorate” the women’s movement in this country."

See also the linked article entitled: "How Donald Trump is Using a Classic Sexual Abuse Tactic on Americans".

http://www.glamour.com/story/how-donald-trump-is-using-a-classic-sexual-abuse-tactic-on-americans

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 12:51:21 AM by AbruptSLR »
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
« Reply #2162 on: April 11, 2017, 12:47:13 AM »
Jim

I know, because I've personally used the software, that the Democratic Party provided their latest voter identification and fund raising package to both the Liberal Party of Ontario, and The Liberal Party of Canada. My understanding is that the Conservative Party of Ontario, and The Conservative Party of Canada were gifted the Republican counterparts.

Since these apparently are treasonous acts. I have been a witness to, indeed a participant in at a minimum, two counts of treason, or Conspiracy to Commit Treason.

I can testify that software designed to influence the Canadian electoral processes was provided when Hillary headed your party, and when Obama was in charge.

Since Obama and Hillary are not Canadian citizens, they can't be charged with treason. Perhaps an international court will slap a huge fine on the Democratic Party, payable to the citizens of Ontario and again a payment to all Canadian citizens. The VW company pays for attempting to mislead Americans about emissions, the Democrats should pay a similar fine for disrupting a Canadian's most cherished right.
What amount do you think is fair when caught with your hand caught in the ballot box?  :)

Influencing others elections is as old a practice as electioneering itself. The only way to stop it is to stop holding elections.
Your choice.

Terry

How was the software used to use influence the elections? Just curious

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 11, 2017, 01:07:25 AM »
The linked article is entitled: "Donald Trump’s Presidency Is an Assault on Women".  The Donald's practice of isolating and assaulting is dragging the world down a very dangerous path

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/04/04/donald-trumps-presidency-is-an-assault-on-women/

Extract: "Don’t be fooled by talk of women's empowerment. His white, male, chauvinistic administration is setting equality back decades — and making the world a more dangerous place."
― Leon C. Megginson

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2164 on: April 11, 2017, 05:18:35 AM »
"While we're looking into Trump's connections with Russia, we're doing things on a hundred or a thousand different fronts, all battles that we need to fight to achieve victory against the encroaching darkness--and, yes, that includes working to get big money out of politics, if that's not already too late."

Very well put, Mr. Pettit, you best know what is a distraction for you and what is not.  I think you will find that the last objective is quite crucial to the others. I might say more, but perhaps more appropriately on the thread entitled "The problem of Corporate Democrats and how to kick them out."

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 11, 2017, 07:37:41 AM »

How was the software used to use influence the elections? Just curious

The objective of the code was to identify and maintain contact with Canadians that could be induced to donate to a particular political party. While political contributions in Canada are far more restricted than in The Indispensable Nation, the vast majority of such funds as are collected, are spent to influence the results of the Canadian electoral system.

While you may not be concerned about the sanctity of our elections, I certainly find your passion over Putin's presumed interference to be as silly, but considerably more frightening.

In her allies coming elections, it's possible that the US may find strong blow back to her attempted manipulations, based in no small part on remembrance of this hypocrisy. As soft power diminishes, and the velvet glove frays further, will it be the US that finds herself isolated?

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 12, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
As I noted after Donnie's little "foray" into Syria......I wasn't worried about Syria and Russia.....I was more concerned that Donnie might do something stupid DOWN THE ROAD.....because he might feel that his missile launch into Syria was a big success for him (it wasn't....but that doesn't keep a sociopath from feeling that).

This....would be MUCH more worrisome:

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trump-orders-military-advisers-to-prepare-plans-to-hit-north-korea/ar-BBzFeKt

Most of you probably remember Bernie Madoff and his Ponzi scheme.  He perpetrated it for almost two decades.  He knew....the whole time....that he was fraudulently taking billions of dollars from "clients", and lying about the amount of gains to the client.  As long as he kept taking in MORE MONEY from current clients and new clients, than was going out to clients in payments....he was fine.  But he had to know that EVENTUALLY he would be caught.

Trump finds himself in very much the "same place."  Trump perpetrated a fraud.....or multiple frauds:  (1) the "social fraud" of lying to people about ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING during the campaign....so he could "win" (2) working with the Russians to get their help in trashing his opponents during the campaign, especially Clinton, (3) working the back channels with the FBI, at least those in the FBI AND having contact with the FBI who were "anti Clinton".

Getting elected........was his sole focus during the campaign.  Whatever it took.....by hook or by crook.......lying AND working with the Russians.....was the price it took to win.

But Donnie has a few problems right now:  (1) multiple lines of investigation....FBI, Senate, and House (2) poll numbers that are STILL DISMAL....even after something (Syria missile attack) that usually would give an administration a "bump" in the polls (3) an administration that can't even run an Easter egg hunt effectively, is stumbling on EVERYTHING (4) he is STILL HAUNTED by his lack of transparency of his tax returns....and he won't likely be able to go forward with any tax policy UNTIL HE SHOWS THEM.

Donnie KNOWS.....that he had inappropriate AND illegal contacts with the Russians.  He KNOWS that.  Now.....he has to find an "escape hatch."  He has to find SOMETHING that will OVERRIDE the RussiaGate issue.  When RussiaGate was first hatched....it seemed like a perfect marriage:  A leader (Putin) that HATED CLINTON (Clinton called out Putin for election shenanigans in Russia, as well as cracking down on the Russian citizens)......AND.....a greedy US businessman who would sell his grandmother if the price was right.

And just like many other things that Donnie touches.......it all goes to hell because of POOR/SLOPPY EXECUTION.  The only thing that Donnie is good at, is LYING.  And eventually....when that lying is exposed.....everything collapses around it.

And THAT....is why North Korea is so worrisome.  Remember.....Donnie IS A SOCIOPATH.  He doesn't think rationally.  And let's face it.....he doesn't have a lot of honest folks surrounding him.  If Donnie "sees" a way out.....doing something that will be SO LARGE to take the attention off of him, AND.....executing it effectively so that the American people will support him NO MATTER WHAT......then in Donnie's mind, that is what he will do.

Remember....Donnie has NO CONSCIENCE.  NO SENSE OF RIGHT AND WRONG.  NO CONCEPT OF TRUTH.  ANYTHING to advance Donnie....is on the table.  ANYTHING.  And THAT....is why North Korea is on the table.  He could very well think that North Korea is his "way out".

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters.....OK....it's like, incredible......"

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 12, 2017, 03:38:09 PM »
The same bunch that told Bush that there were no WMD's in Iraq are now telling anyone that will listen that Assad didn't use chemical weapons.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-11/intelligence-and-military-sources-who-warned-about-wmd-lies-iraq-war-now-say-assad-d

Putin meantime is warning that another false flag has been planned, possibly for southern Damascus.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/putin-predicts-more-false-flag-chemical-attacks-in-syria.html

In the heat of the Ukraine/Donbass crisis, rebel leaders often announced upcoming false flags in an effort to derail them. Often either no false flags had actually been planed, or the early warnings aborted them. Hopefully whatever was planned in southern Damascus will not now occur.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 12, 2017, 03:39:43 PM »
A LOT of things "going on" with TrumpGate AND the Trump administration right now:

1)  Looks like Donnie is "preparing" Comey to be fired in the not-too-distant future.  Of course....this is "preparatory".....because the FBI investigation is getting a little too close for Donnie boy.  He will have to fire Comey....and he has to "lay the groundwork" for doing so.  That is what he is doing with his "Clinton comments".  Laying the groundwork so he can fire him.  And Sessions will have to provide some cover on this as well.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/trump-hammers-fbis-comey-for-not-jailing-clinton-she-was-guilty-of-every-charge/

2)  Bannon sure looks like Trump has him as a marked man

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-steve-bannon_us_58ed86a4e4b0ca64d91a5114?gtd&&

3) Manafort Russian trail back in the news...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/20cfc75c82eb4a67b94e624e97207e23/records-match-some-ukraine-ledger-payments-ex-trump-aide

4)  Spicey sticking his HUGE FOOT in his mouth....

5) The Putin/Trump bromance "on the rocks."  This could even explode in Putin's face as well.  No wonder there have been about 8 "untimely deaths" of Russian's since Donnie has been elected.  Some of those are NO ACCIDENT.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russia-us-relations_us_58edf714e4b0df7e2046a935?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Looks like the next month or two could be CHAOTIC on a LOT of fronts.

Keep your eyes open over the next few weeks.....

Tick....tick....tick....tick....tick....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:08 PM »
Just think.....sometime next year, Donnie will be able to join Bill O'Reilly on his "vacation."

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bill-o-reilly-vacation-midst-sexual-harassment-controversy-010104647.html

Too bad FOX won't join Bill O and Donnie next year.....

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 12, 2017, 06:20:08 PM »
Here is a link to an op/ed piece entitled: "Why Trump's sudden interest in Syrian deaths? | Solomon Jones".  This piece expresses the position that Trump is running a campaign to confuse world opinion; however, as Lincoln opined (see the first image) this is just a transitory tactic, while the second image implies that we can all get more rapidly to the truth of Trump's objectives by offering resistance (including investigation of the Trump-Russia connection).

http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/solomon_jones/20170412_Russia_Trump_Syrian_deaths_missiles____Solomon_Jones.html

Extract: "But one thing is certain in all this: President Trump's sudden interest in protecting Syrian civilians, along with his administration's new tough-guy stance with the Russians, could not have come at a better time for Trump.

But despite the cost, the policy contradictions and the fact that Syria thumbed its nose at us by flying from the same airfield in the wake of the attack, Trump's approval ratings shot up.

Apparently, America loves its missiles.

We also love distraction. If we didn't, we would've noticed that Trump's decision to attack the Syrians not only raised his approval rating; it also made us stop talking about Trump and the investigation into whether his campaign colluded with the Russians to hijack the 2016 presidential election."
― Leon C. Megginson

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 12, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »
President Donald Trump said he told Chinese President Xi Jinping about his decision to launch 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles against Syria while the men ate dessert at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, last week.

During the interview, Trump seemed to dwell on the fact that the two world leaders were enjoying some delicious cake.

“I was sitting at the table. We had finished dinner. We’re now having dessert. And we had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake that you’ve ever seen, and President Xi was enjoying it,” Trump recalled in an interview with Fox News Business host Maria Bartiromo that aired on Wednesday.

“And I was given the message from the generals that the ships are locked and loaded, what do you do?” Trump went on. “And we made a determination to do it, so the missiles were on the way. And I said, ‘Mr. President, let me explain something to you.’”

“So what happens is, I said, ‘We’ve just launched 59 missiles heading to Iraq and I wanted you to know this.’ And he was eating his cake. And he was silent,” Trump added.

Bartiromo then quickly interjected by noting the strikes were launched against Syria, not Iraq.

“Yes. Heading toward Syria,” Trump affirmed. “And I want you to know that, because I didn’t want him to go home. We were almost finished. It was a full day in Palm Beach. We’re almost finished, and I — what does he do, finish his dessert and go home and then they say, ‘You know, the guy you just had dinner with just attacked a country?’”

“How did he react?” Bartiromo asked.

“So he paused for 10 seconds and then he asked the interpreter to please say it again. I didn’t think that was a good sign,” Trump said. “And he said to me, ‘Anybody that uses gases ... but anybody that was so brutal and uses gases to do that young children and babies, it’s OK.’”

“He was OK with it. He was OK,” Trump added.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58ee31fbe4b0ca64d91af14b?

But the chocolate cake was fantastic. You should have some...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:26:48 PM by DrTskoul »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 12, 2017, 08:20:53 PM »
Hard to believe that at one time the Chinese considered us barbarians.

I'd love to hear Xi's version.

Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #2173 on: April 12, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »

He said the cake wasn't all that great.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 12, 2017, 09:08:14 PM »

He said the cake wasn't all that great.

Lol

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 12, 2017, 10:35:14 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.  There seems to be an "echo".

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/12/trumps-campaign-manager-just-registered-foreign-agent/

"It's like deja vu all over again."  Yogi Berra......

1.  Michael Flynn
2.  Paul Manafort
3.  Next....
4.  Next....
5.  Next....
6.  Next....

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 13, 2017, 12:10:52 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmmm.  There seems to be an "echo".

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/12/trumps-campaign-manager-just-registered-foreign-agent/

"It's like deja vu all over again."  Yogi Berra......

1.  Michael Flynn
2.  Paul Manafort
3.  Next....
4.  Next....
5.  Next....
6.  Next....

3.  Carter Page
4.  Jared Kushner
5.  Steve Bannon
6.  Roger Stone
7.  Jeff Sessions
8.  Wilbur Ross
9.  Michael Cohen
15. Donald J. Trump
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:18:59 AM by Jim Pettit »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 13, 2017, 01:36:59 AM »
I'm astounded at how rapidly this topic snaps from:

Trump is a Boorish oaf.
to
Trump's in Bed with Putin.

It also moves from:

Trump Killed the EPA.
Trump's a Terrible Manager.
&
Trump Loves Big Oil.
to
Trump's in Bed with Putin.

Most on this forum are bright enough to realize that "Trump's in Bed with Putin" will drag us into war. Us, because we will all feel this one.

If you are pushing this meme I'm asking whether you have enlisted, or whether you are sending your children.
Chicken Hawk is the correct term otherwise. It's somewhere between Quisling and coward.

Terry

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 13, 2017, 02:05:19 AM »
Terry,
As indicated by the two following articles, you had better get used to not only this thread flip-flopping all over the place, but also that Trump is flip-flopping his positions all over the place, as he now say that he is tough on Russia, friendly to NATO and friendly to China:

The first linked article is entitled: "U.S.-Russia relations at another low after Syria attacks"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-idUSKBN17E1AF

Extract: "Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday trust had eroded between the United States and Russia under President Donald Trump as Moscow delivered an unusually hostile reception to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in a face-off over Syria."

The second linked article is entitled: "Trump just did a backflip on two major campaign promises"; which indicates that Trump now believes that NATO is no longer obsolete and that China is no longer a currency manipulator.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-china-currency-export-import-campaign-promises-2017-4

Best,
ASLR
― Leon C. Megginson

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 13, 2017, 02:36:09 AM »
PUTIN ANGRILY RESIGNS FROM TRUMP’S REËLECTION CAMPAIGN

The abrupt resignation sent shockwaves through the Trump reëlection organization, for which Putin had served as chairman.

Putin’s sudden departure, which he announced during a joint appearance with the United States Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, appeared to catch the former ExxonMobil C.E.O. off guard.

“Given the recent actions of Donald Trump, I feel that I can no longer effectively serve as his campaign chairman,” Putin told reporters, while Tillerson looked on awkwardly.

In an unusually emotional comment by the Russian President, a visibly bitter Putin added, “I worked very hard on Trump’s 2016 campaign, and, at the end of the day, I have no more to show for it than Chris Christie does.”

Surgeon's Warning: Satire sensitive people should consume carefully and in small quantities. Might lead to stomach discomfort.

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 13, 2017, 02:39:15 AM »
Able-Bodied Senior Who Watches TV All Day Receives Free Government Meals

Even more outrageous, the recipient of the meals spends most weekends in Florida, where the flow of free food continues without interruption.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 13, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »
The "convergence" of (1) RussiaGate and (2) global warming (BOTH the physics AND policy around global warming) continues.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/environment/retiring-seattle-epa-staffer-blasts-new-leadership-on-his-way-out/

Donnie isn't going to be able to hide from EITHER the physical reality of global warming......OR....the political ramifications of his policies.  BOTH the physical reality AND the political reality are continuing to come together OVER THE NEXT 18 MONTHS.  And the negative impacts of RussiaGate will also affect the political impact from global warming:  They are BOTH negatives for Trump.

In the 1973/74.....Nixon had BOTH the Vietnam War AND his scandal to fight.  Now.....Donnie fights his own scandal AND global warming.

One thing I will continue to watch CLOSELY over coming weeks and months.....IS THE PRICE OF OIL.  I continue to believe....based on SUPPLY/DEMAND AND PRODUCTION....that oil is either going to struggle to maintain its price...or head lower OVER THE INTERMEDIATE TERM (ie through Septemberish).  The oil cartel has convinced their members to cut back on oil production in the short term....but the frackers in the US have been moving up their production to PARTIALLY offset that.  We'll see how that "settles out" in the coming weeks and months.

The Trump administration is HEAVILY impacted by "coal guys" and "oil guys".....and his policies show that.  And of course.....those policies impact global warming initiatives in the SHORT RUN.....and the EPA.

There are marches on the 22nd and 29th of THIS MONTH.  So we'll get to see how much "momentum" the social movement has OR doesn't have, over the SHORT TERM.....and we'll see if there is any impact on Donnie's environmental policies (I don't expect any YET).

The next couple of years you will continue to see the oil/gas/coal/electric utility companies continue to try and save their industries.  But....alas....over the long term, that is like trying to save the black and white TV.  The basic economics aren't there in the long run......and the basic physics aren't there over any time frame.  They are fighting an uphill battle.  And when they come down......politicians who have sided with them, will also come down (I'm talking about YOU Ted Cruz...and others who continue to lie for the oil/gas/coal/electric utility lobbies).

RussiaGate AND the continued move toward alternative energy (and that beneficial economic impact it has) will be the two overriding themes over the next 18 months.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 13, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »
“I have worked under six administrations with political appointees leading EPA from both parties,” Cox wrote on his last day on the job. “This is the first time I remember staff openly dismissing and mocking the environmental policies of an administration and by extension you.”

https://thinkprogress.org/epa-staff-openly-mocking-trump-s-arrogant-and-callous-policies-says-retiree-eaa63948cc25

When the mocking starts to come from THE PRESS CORPS......then we'll see how Donnie handles that.  In the mean time....it will serve as a WEIGHT on his administration.  As more and more people see the facts and basic physics in front of their face.....it will pull him down.

Who knows....maybe he will talk to an actual climate scientist FOR 10 MINUTES and figure out it really is caused by man..... ;)

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 13, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »
“I have worked under six administrations with political appointees leading EPA from both parties,” Cox wrote on his last day on the job. “This is the first time I remember staff openly dismissing and mocking the environmental policies of an administration and by extension you.”

https://thinkprogress.org/epa-staff-openly-mocking-trump-s-arrogant-and-callous-policies-says-retiree-eaa63948cc25

When the mocking starts to come from THE PRESS CORPS......then we'll see how Donnie handles that.  In the mean time....it will serve as a WEIGHT on his administration.  As more and more people see the facts and basic physics in front of their face.....it will pull him down.

Who knows....maybe he will talk to an actual climate scientist FOR 10 MINUTES and figure out it really is caused by man..... ;)
He is proving to be amazingly flexible. It's not totally beyond possibility that he might backtrack on climate.
Not likely, but not impossible ;>)

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 13, 2017, 08:33:27 PM »

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #2186 on: April 13, 2017, 09:20:12 PM »
Uh oh..........

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/13/7-allies-just-came-forward-trump-russia-smoking-gun-evidence/

Tick.....tick.....tick.....tick.....

This partisan article appears to be based on an article in the left-of-center but non-partisan The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia?CMP=twt_gu

I suspect Trump, in an effort to deflect suspicion, may resort to armed, direct conflict with Russia.  He was never a hope for a more peaceful America than H. Clinton.  He's always been an impulsive, bullying hot-head.  He's now being an impulsive, bullying hothead with several nations, instead of just personal rivals.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 13, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »
Uh oh..........

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/04/13/7-allies-just-came-forward-trump-russia-smoking-gun-evidence/

Tick.....tick.....tick.....tick.....

I now have incontrovertible proof that foreign intelligence agencies are attempting to meddle in domestic American politics. Spies from Germany, Estonia, Poland, Australia, the Netherlands, and France have leaked information through the English rag, The Guardian, that is designed to subvert the will of the American electorate, possibly intending to lead to the ouster of our elected President.

Halting all information exchanges with these rogue, foreign spy shops must be instituted immediately, while we decide what further actions should be taken against their host countries.
That our so called "friends" should sink to such lows is a bitter blow, but fear not. We are the Exceptional Nation, and Our Democracy can, and will, survive and prosper, even when subjected to such filthy lies as our "allies" strike us with.

Buddy, thanks so much for this information, so crucial to the proper functioning of our democracy.

Terry  - Full Disclosure
I have no family members in the American Military, however I honestly believe that the governments of Germany, Estonia, Poland, Australia, the Netherlands, and France can be brought back in line without resorting to force.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 13, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
I suspect Trump, in an effort to deflect suspicion, may resort to armed, direct conflict with Russia.  He was never a hope for a more peaceful America than H. Clinton.  He's always been an impulsive, bullying hot-head.  He's now being an impulsive, bullying hothead with several nations, instead of just personal rivals.

Very possible.  He is about as "loose a cannon" as one could imagine.  He will do ANYTHING and say ANYTHING.  Easily the most dangerous president we have had in the last 20 years.

The one saving grace MIGHT BE the military folks around him.  But as I said a few weeks ago....if the Secretary of Defense leaves at any point.....then THAT would be a BIG RED FLAG that we are in trouble.   

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 13, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »
This partisan article appears to be based on an article in the left-of-center but non-partisan The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia?CMP=twt_gu

Infortunately for TrumpCo, more news outlets than The Guardian are reporting this story, so the "partisan" argument is null and void. To quote one:

British and other European intelligence agencies intercepted communications between associates of Donald Trump and Russian officials and other Russian individuals during the campaign and passed on those communications to their US counterparts, US congressional and law enforcement and US and European intelligence sources tell CNN.

(And, no, talking about possible/probable illegal collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian officials doesn't mean we're ignoring everything, or even anything, else; it just means it's one of many areas being scrutinized.)

Worse, he's an impulsive, bullying hothead with a) numerous reasons to distract the populous and b) access to cruise missiles and MOABs and nukes and other fun toys. So I agree with you. And as last week's $100 million dessert-time entertainment and saber-rattle pushed the MSM off the Russian collusion story for a few days--Look, everybody! Beautiful missiles! Presidential explosions!--now The Orange One can be certain that the best way to stop folks from finding the truth, or even thinking about it, is to simply blow something up. Problem solved!

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: April 14, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »
Per the linked article entitled: "CIA Director Blasts WikiLeaks as ‘Hostile Intelligence Service’", Pompeo denounced the WikiLeaks that Trump praised during his campaign.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-13/cia-director-blasts-wikileaks-as-hostile-intelligence-service

Extract: "CIA Director Mike Pompeo blasted WikiLeaks, singling out the group’s founder Julian Assange as leader of a hostile force that threatens the U.S.

“It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is -- a non-state hostile intelligence service” often aided by nations such as Russia, Pompeo said Thursday in his first public speech since becoming head of the Central Intelligence Agency. “WikiLeaks walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service.”"
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 14, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »
Per the linked article entitled: "CIA Director Blasts WikiLeaks as ‘Hostile Intelligence Service’", Pompeo denounced the WikiLeaks that Trump praised during his campaign.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-13/cia-director-blasts-wikileaks-as-hostile-intelligence-service

Extract: "CIA Director Mike Pompeo blasted WikiLeaks, singling out the group’s founder Julian Assange as leader of a hostile force that threatens the U.S.

“It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is -- a non-state hostile intelligence service” often aided by nations such as Russia, Pompeo said Thursday in his first public speech since becoming head of the Central Intelligence Agency. “WikiLeaks walks like a hostile intelligence service and talks like a hostile intelligence service.”"

What passes for news these days.
Tomorrow's Headlines may read:

General Motors announces that Fords are ugly!
General Mattis finds Marines braver than the Army!
General Electric discloses that propane is a dangerous way to heat your house!

It's a strange world we live in when the CIA's word is accepted as anything other than a source of disinformation.

When the EPA is held incommunicado, as already occurred north of your border, who will be leaking whatever the whistle blowers have to tell us? Will you rely on the gems that the administration provides, or will data from WikiLeaks prove more reliable?
Choose your information sources carefully. When TSHTF you'll want to know which direction to run.

Terry

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2192 on: April 14, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
Oh, I entirely accept that Wikileaks is hostile to the CIA. If anything that is a compliment. Does anyone here really support the rectal feeders?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #2193 on: April 14, 2017, 10:33:15 AM »
Wikileaks doesn't write the content of the leaked material. They can't help it when the content is damning.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 14, 2017, 11:14:14 AM »
Whenever I've run into a heavily armed bullying hothead, who's already proven that he'll pull the trigger, I've found the best course of action is to goad him, tease him for missing with his first shot, then accusing him of only pretending to be shooting up the place.

More tense situations have been calmed by the application of these principals than can be believed. As a matter of fact I can't believe this has ever worked.

I hope the brave Chicken Hawks intent on goading Trump into WWIII share Madam Albright's views on the value of dead children. If 500,000 dead babies were "worth it" to rid the world of Saddam, how many dead babies should we be willing to kill for Putin?

Ever since the days of Bomber Harris, Nagasaki and Hiroshima, civilian deaths have far exceeded the number of combatants killed. Chicken Hawks, and their babies, will be on the front line this time around.
500,000 brown, Muslim babies vs 500,000 shiny white Christian babies in New York, LA. or your town wouldn't make any difference to men of principal, so, since you haven't signed up to fight, will you at least volunteer to help swab out the human remains that will be piling up in a neighborhood near you?

American's gave the world Trump, in no small part by making Hillary, We Came We Saw He died - Ha Ha Ha, the only other option. If you want to mess with him by killing his dog, raping his daughter, or sinking Mar- a- Lago, you have my blessing. Just don't push him into blowing up my world.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 14, 2017, 03:01:55 PM »
American's gave the world Trump, in no small part by making Hillary, We Came We Saw He died - Ha Ha Ha, the only other option. If you want to mess with him by killing his dog, raping his daughter, or sinking Mar- a- Lago, you have my blessing. Just don't push him into blowing up my world.

NOBODY has to push him into ANYTHING.  He is doing it ALL ON HIS OWN.

Maybe you haven't heard.....THE ELECTION IS OVER.  Quit blaming Hillary for Trump's win.  And quit blaming Hillary for the things that DONNIE is doing.  IT'S OVER.  The same goes for Bernie's fans.  LET IT GO.

I have never seen so many people unable to MOVE ON. WOW....

We have a egotistical sociopath as a president.  FOCUS ON THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE.  Three things need to happen:

1)  Get him out of office ASAP (it's a process.....)
2)  "Contain him" while he is still in office (done by those around him AND by protesting.
2) The "system" (both political AND economic) needs to be improved (but this is a step by step process that takes a lot of time).  It can start NOW....but its a long process.

As Jim pointed out.....those are NOT mutually exclusive.....AND....can be done at the same time (and SHOULD be done at the same time).

I happen to believe.....that a LOT of GOOD will come out of the downfall of Trump.  As much as Americans LOVE to "hate on their president" (of either party)......the approval ratings of CONGRESS ARE WAY....WAY....LOWER.  And it is because they are SOOOO partisan.....and many of them crooked and in the wallets of lobbyists.   As an Independent....I HATE THAT.  And people are sick and tired of their Congressmen lying and blaming "the other side."

I think Trump is exposing a lot of people in Congress (not intentionally....but by their own actions)....and they will "pay at the ballot box" in 2018.  BIG TIME.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 14, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
The "process" continues......

1)  Things are starting to "percolate" on RussiaGate.  Yes....my pal Rudy is in DEEP SHIT, and he is looking for a way out.  Chaffetz (Congressman from Utah) should be getting nervous right now....because he was working with Rudy on the FBI angle.

2)  Comey's days are numbered.  It will be interesting to see how Donnie and Jeff Sessions (Attorney General) manage this one.

3)  Isn't it interesting how Donnie has whipsawed between "getting healthcare done".....and when it collapsed, "getting tax reform done"........and now, "back to getting healthcare done."  Truth is.....he knows he can't get tax reform done WITHOUT SHOWING HIS F**KING TAX RETURNS.  And the march this weekend will enforce that.  Donnie is in a "box" of his own making.  People are pissed about healthcare, and they are now getting more and more pissed that he hasn't shown his tax returns.

4)  Korea.  I hope the generals around Trump.....AND....the senior senators ARE WATCHING CLOSELY.  Because Donnie would do ANYTHING HE COULD to change the subject from RussiaGate.  And that includes a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.  Clearly there are other parties to this:  Japan and South Korea the obvious ones.  And then there is that little country next to N Korea....China.:)

5)  April 22nd and April 29th Marches:   These are two "opportunities" for people to show their displeasure with the direction of things.  I expect to see a LOT of marches AROUND THE WORLD.  And this will further expose Donnie and his crew and isolate them with their denying brethren in Congress.  PROTEST....PROTEST....PROTEST.... 

6)  The news around global warming continues to worsen (I know....shocking ;)).  This will likely only get worse THIS SUMMER as the Arctic continues on its way to what will likely be a new record low.   As well....northern Russia has been warm all winter and it continues.  These actual PHYSICAL THINGS will feed into a growing resentment and unrest about those politicians NOT DOING ENOUGH.....and will "feed into" the 2018 elections NEXT YEAR"DENIAL ISLAND" will NOT be a good place for politicians to be found sucking on their Margarita's.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 15, 2017, 08:55:02 PM »
I would look for 3 things in the coming month:

1)  Continued SLOW deterioration in the poll numbers for Donnie.  I think his "bounce" is over.

2)  More bad info regarding the cast of characters that were around Donnie during the campaign.  This could be Rudy....Jason Chaffetz......Devin Nunez (head of the house committee investigating RussiaGate).....Manafort......Dumb & Dumber (his two male kids).  There are a WHOLE HOST of people that are going to go to jail for this....so it could be any of a LARGE GROUP.

3)  BIGLY protests on April 22nd and 29th.  As it turns out....people really don't like being lied to after all.  Who would of "thunk it"?

If I had one or two months that I would be MOST WORRIED about Donnie doing something stupid in Korea.....it would be May or June.  Why May or June?  He now knows that there is a LOT OF SHIT that the FBI and others are digging up....so he would have to act BEFORE TOO MUCH IS DUG UP.

We continue to be in a "transition" from (1) Donnie winning the presidency and having about half the people in the US believe or hope he will do something good.....to (2) the people who already didn't believe he was actually lying, now starting to see the error of their ways and bailing out.  It's a process....and some will NEVER leave....but many will.  And if he wants to throw a "hail marry" in an attempt to DO SOMETHING THAT MIGHT SWAY VOTERS/POLITICIANS TO KEEP HIM EVEN THOUGH HE WORKED WITH RUSSIA......then Korea is likely his last chance.  Remember....he is a sociopath....he will do ANYTHING, and he has plenty of others without ethics that will do the same.

But there seems to be a race going on between the FBI.....and time.  And Donnie is running out of time.  By the end of June or so.....there may be too much going against Donnie regarding RussiaGate.  So...it is MY BELIEF....that if he doesn't act before the end of June....that avenue may be cut off.  There is also the chance that China is able to get at least SOME ACTION by the North Koreans to "back off".....which would further work AGAINST DONNIE trying to do a preemptive strike against North Korea.

These continue to be uncharted waters for EVERYONE..... 

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:01:58 PM by Buddy »

magnamentis

« Reply #2198 on: April 16, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »
once again we can see in what kind of a mentally ill world we're living:

an asshole throws some bombs and in return gets more approval, not much more to add while of course this
sick behaviour corresponds with the fact that such a guy can become POTUS in the first place.

if the turks go with "Erdie's" wishes that would not come as a surprise at all while in case of the U.S. it
always surprises me, no matter what, i.e. GWB second term, still not getting it LOL

thanks @buddy for this thread that provides a lot of insight for us who're overseas and not that close to what's going on and why. ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 17, 2017, 03:23:06 PM »
More shoes to drop..... Be sure to read the following article.  You will begin to see just how much trouble Donnie boy is in.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/04/16/carter-page-went-to-moscow-with-a-tape-of-donald-trump-offering-treason-for-hacking/

Also....remember when Michael Flynn couldn't stop talking?  And then....all the sudden he "went quiet.?"  He went quiet....right before he talked with the feds about getting immunity.  The feds didn't give him immunity.

The same has also happened to my pal Rudy Guilianni.  He wanted immunity.  It hasn't been given to him.  And Rudy has been as quiet as a mouse.

The next to go quiet....is Representative Nunez.  I don't expect him to be saying much these days.

And then there is one of my favorite weasel's in government.....Jason Chaffetz of Utah.  I think he will also be going quiet in the coming weeks as he discovers his ass is grass.

This is going to get VERY UGLY for a LOT of folks.....  The Democrat's have to be tickled pink.  If I were them.....I would be painting every Republican Congressmen with the "Trump brush".