Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1486044 times)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Presidential poll for US citizens on the forum
« Reply #900 on: January 17, 2017, 04:01:40 PM »
Thanks Buddy, I saw your suggestions on the other thread as well. I like the idea of two distinct threads. I think Paddy started this thread, maybe he could rename it. I'm hoping we get more suggestions.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 17, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
From Politico, latest polls show Trump with historically low approval ratings.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-low-approval-rating-transition-233678

Question: How likely will he see a rebound in approval ratings once he is inaugurated? It is possible, but I think his approval numbers will likely drop down to George W. Bush territory within a year or two, assuming he lasts that long.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #902 on: January 17, 2017, 04:23:54 PM »
Question: How likely will he see a rebound in approval ratings once he is inaugurated? It is possible, but I think his approval numbers will likely drop down to George W. Bush territory within a year or two, assuming he lasts that long.

It actually goes THE OTHER WAY.  He is now...or was two weeks ago...at his "high water mark" with approval.

Now...the rubber meats the road.  He's been forced to renounce the white racists that helped him win the election.  But he HAD to renounce them now or lose support in Congress.

He will now ramp up his theatrics over the coming weeks.  Look for a LOT of proposals...especially "populist" proposals (like healthcare for everyone).

Remember....he and his liar in chiefs Kellyann Conway and Trump's White House press secretary Sean Spicer will be FRONT AND CENTER in trying to control the message.  He will also rely on FOX, Breitbart News, and even the Enquirer to help control the message.

Expect Reince Preibus......... Trump's Chief of Staff.....to be making his rounds in coming weeks as well to help control the message, and move the topic OFF of how unpopular Trump is, the Russia issue, and the FBI involvement issue.

It is all about (1) control, and (2) momentum right now.  That is why Marco Rubio is such a KEY VOTE right now.  Rubio has what is likely the deciding vote in committee on Rex Tillerson's nomination.  If Rubio blocks Tillerson from going to the floor for a vote.....that will be MORE MOMENTUM against Trump.  Right now....I think Rubio will cave in to Trump, but we will see in the next couple of weeks.

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 17, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
We are living in the middle of 2 HISTORIC issues right now:

1)  Likely Trump removal from office (for a FEW reasons of which 2 have already happened....and 1 of them was working with Russia in order for Trump to win).  And he will do WHATEVER HE CAN to stay in office.  ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

2)  HISTORIC acceleration over the past years....and CURRENT several years....of global warming, and the eventual "discovery" of global warming by many of "the masses" (many of them FOXSheep)....that will keep "discovering" that global warming is real...it is now...and it is accelerating.

As I have stated TOO MANY TIMES BEFORE.....THE TRUTH NEVER GOES AWAY.  EVER.  It just waits to be discovered and acted on.  And that goes for the two cases above.....

FOX is at the center of BOTH of those as well.  FOX has lied about global warming for decades....and they helped lie for Donald Trump.  And they will be TAINTED BY BOTH AFTER THEY BOTH IMPLODE.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 17, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »
Here is a 50 minute video on how Vladimir Putin rose to power (Climate Crocks of the Week).  VERY INTERESTING viewing.  And given Trump's close association with Putin.....YOU NEED TO WATCH THIS. Knowledge is a powerful thing...

WATCH ALL OF IT WHEN YOU GET THE TIME.  IT IS A MUST WATCH.  CHILLING....

And Trump is surrounding himself with his own billionaires...

And now you know why Marco Rubio's vote in committee is SOOOOO important.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:23:52 PM by Buddy »

pileus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #905 on: January 17, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
At this point IMO what will take down Trump soonest is not a golden shower or any other moral scandal, or even confirmation of direct Russian ties.  It will be a health related issue exacerbated by the day to day pressures of the office of president.  An overweight 70 year old that subsists on KFC and Taco Bell, along with a fiery temper and who takes the smallest criticism at a deeply personal level, is not far removed from a cardiovascular event.  The isolation and pressure on Trump will be enormous, and he simply lacks the physical stamina and emotional fortitude to endure.

Occam's razor in action. 

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #906 on: January 17, 2017, 05:36:56 PM »
At this point IMO what will take down Trump soonest is not a golden shower or any other moral scandal, or even confirmation of direct Russian ties.  It will be a health related issue exacerbated by the day to day pressures of the office of president.  An overweight 70 year old that subsists on KFC and Taco Bell, along with a fiery temper and who takes the smallest criticism at a deeply personal level, is not far removed from a cardiovascular event.  The isolation and pressure on Trump will be enormous, and he simply lacks the physical stamina and emotional fortitude to endure.

Occam's razor in action.

Your assuming that he actually makes an increased effort to POTUS.  Maybe he will just let Pence do all the leg work.
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 17, 2017, 06:09:01 PM »
QUESTION:

What do you call money that was loaned FROM a Russian bank....to a German bank....and then ultimately to Donald Trump?

A)  German money

OR

B)  Russian money.........<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (no hints ;))

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 17, 2017, 06:29:30 PM »

Occam's razor in action.

Your assuming that he actually makes an increased effort to POTUS.  Maybe he will just let Pence do all the leg work.

While Pence does the leg work, Trump will do what he's best at, BLOVIATING. Venting his spleen could actually be a health benefit! (for him). All kidding aside, I agree with Pileus, there's a better than average chance Trump will die from, or at least be sidelined by a major health issue.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 17, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
A)  German money

OR

B)  Russian money.........<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (no hints ;))

Pay SPECIAL ATTENTION to 31:00 through 34:05.

Oh....did I mention that Donald Trump has large loans from German banks? ;)

Here is the link again: 

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 17, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »
While Pence does the leg work, Trump will do what he's best at, BLOVIATING. Venting his spleen could actually be a health benefit! (for him). All kidding aside, I agree with Pileus, there's a better than average chance Trump will die from, or at least be sidelined by a major health issue.

The linked article is entitled: "Donald Trump Is Already Weaseling Out of Being President".  Why do people think that Donald Trump will make any extra effort once he is president?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-weaseling-out-of-being-president

Extract: "This is a man who apparently hasn't paid income taxes in decades, after all. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the incoming president isn’t planning to take shoulder the typical full weight of presidential responsibilities after he is sworn in on Friday.

In an interview with The Times of London, Trump explained that though he officially takes the oath of office Friday, he doesn’t technically consider that his first day. It’s a Friday. There are a ton of celebrations that weekend. Don’t be so uncivilized. “One of the first orders I’m gonna sign—day one—which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right?” Trump said when responding to a question about Brexit. “I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration.”"

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:12:50 PM by AbruptSLR »
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 17, 2017, 10:08:32 PM »
Gloria Allred filing the first lawsuit today against Trump on behalf of her client....a past contestant on "The Apprentice".

She is currently giving live statement.  She is NOT MINCING WORDS.

This will just be the first of many.  So...move over Bill Cosby....you're going to have company.

This puts Trump further on the defensive.  And I expect more of this to come.  When you piss off everyone in the world....and take advantage of people (like women)....eventually they will strike back.  And when they know A LOT OF OTHERS ARE STRIKING BACK......they will climb all over him.

I have always been embarrassed by Trump.  As a US citizen if find it REPULISIVE that he will represent the US.

Fortunately.....there are a LOT OF PEOPLE WILLING TO STAND UP.  And Donnie boy is going to catch a LOT OF HELL over coming weeks and months.....until he is eventually driven out of office...likely next year in 2018.

Your turn Donnie boy......

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 17, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »
HHS nominee Tom Price faces insider trading accusations, in the linked article from CBS News.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/hhs-nominee-tom-price-faces-insider-trading-accusations/ar-AAlWD73?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Extract: According to House records, Price, R-Georgia, bought between $1,000 to $15,000 worth of shares in the company Zimmer Biomet last March.

Days later, he introduced a bill that would have delayed a regulation until 2018 that industry analysts said would financially hurt Zimmer Biomet. Records show that after the introduction of the measure, the company’s political action committee donated to Price’s reelection campaign.

=======

By the way, we haven't heard from Sleepy in quite a while. I was going to send him a message and found out that he withdrew his membership from the Forum. Too bad, I miss his contributions and sense of humor.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:28:37 PM by budmantis »

pileus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:56 AM »

He lacks the temperament or competency to be president, so yes he will carry out the heavy lifting through Pence, his son in law, and Ivanka.

But there are responsibilities, decisions, and appearances that will be expected of Trump, and all of that will wear on him, while every criticism gets under his skin and as national and world events don't go his way, he will hardly be able to contain his rage.

He won't be able to handle the sustained ridicule and pressure.  He will project, deflect, lie, and blame everyone but himself for anything negative.  He will take credit for the work of others when good things happen.  He will continue to antagonize and act with malevolence towards a large portion of the American and world population.

It's going to be pathetic to watch him operate in this manner as president.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:15 AM »

The linked article is entitled: "Donald Trump Is Already Weaseling Out of Being President".  Why do people think that Donald Trump will make any extra effort once he is president?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-weaseling-out-of-being-president

In an interview with The Times of London, Trump explained that though he officially takes the oath of office Friday, he doesn’t technically consider that his first day. It’s a Friday. There are a ton of celebrations that weekend. Don’t be so uncivilized. “One of the first orders I’m gonna sign—day one—which I will consider to be Monday as opposed to Friday or Saturday. Right?” Trump said when responding to a question about Brexit. “I mean my day one is gonna be Monday because I don’t want to be signing and get it mixed up with lots of celebration.”"

The Presidency, its a tough job, but someone has to do it!

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: January 18, 2017, 06:16:42 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-set-to-make-major-policy-changes-in-first-hours-of-presidency/ar-AAlXQgT?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

From the Baltimore Sun. Whether Trump makes these changes on Friday, or the following Monday is open to debate.

Extract: Even before he begins dismantling the Affordable Care Act and building a wall on the border with Mexico, Trump has promised to immediately roll back executive actions signed by President Barack Obama to shield immigrants from deportation and impose a hiring freeze on the federal government.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 18, 2017, 06:20:59 AM »
The mayor of Philadelphia would prefer to deal with George W. Bush as President vs. Donald Trump, as stated in the linked article.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-philadelphia-mayor-233728

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #917 on: January 18, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »
Thanks Paddy for updating the name of this thread.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 18, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »
The first linked article is entitled: "Biden to Davos: Top 1% 'not carrying their weight'".  It indicates that the 1%'s selfishness has helped to feed the recent upturn in nationalistic populism; which is playing into Putin's advantage (particularly with regard to its goals of gaining influence in Europe):

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-38661014

Extract: "With 48 hours left in the role of US vice-president, Joe Biden used his swansong speech at Davos to tell an audience of the world's wealthiest that they do not pay enough in tax.
He said the "top 1% is not carrying their weight".

He also issued a "call to action" in defence of liberal democracy, warning Russia would try to meddle in European elections this year."

See also:

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/18/why-is-donald-trump-so-cozy-with-the-kremlin-a-political-scientist-and-russia-expert-breaks-down-the-theories/
&
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/01/donald-trump-nato-russia-interview
― Leon C. Megginson

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2017, 05:24:19 AM »
Trump’s progress readying the federal agencies critical to his ambitious agenda has been rocky.

From Politico:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-transition-agencies-233811

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 19, 2017, 11:40:12 AM »
An interesting and insightful article from Politico titled "Trumpology", by Michael Kruse:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biographers-presidency-legitimate-214655

Subtitled:
He has this deep fear that he's not a legitimate President.

On the eve of the inauguration, Trump's biographers ponder his refusal to bend his ego to his new office.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 19, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Here is a brief article about Jason Chaffetz....who is turning out to be Trump's hatchet man in the House of Reps.
=========================================================
WASHINGTON ― Rep. Jason Chaffetz, the Utah Republican who chairs the House Oversight and Government Reform committee, told reporters last week that a government ethics official who had criticized President-elect Donald Trump’s plan to deal with his potential conflicts of interest refused to meet with him. Chaffetz even threatened to subpoena the official, Office of Government Ethics director Walter Shaub. “This is not going to be an optional exercise,” Chaffetz said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jason-chaffetz-emails-meeting-with-shaub_us_587fe1d1e4b04b69667e3760?lk0saldx4tbkjra4i
===========================================================

Chaffetz is right up there with Mitch McConnell with being WORTHLESS and WITHOUT ETHICS.

Before he ran for Congressman from Utah.....he applied and was TURNED DOWN by the Secret Service.  So....he apparently was NOT good enough for the Secret Service.....but is just fine as a Congressman.  My guess as the reason he was turned down WAS....:

1)  NOT....because he was overqualified
2)  NOT....because he was too ethical.

Just a guess.... ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 19, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
Here is the NEXT TO LAST jobless claims report that Obama is "responsible for".  It reports on jobless claims through LAST FRIDAY.  Next Thursday's report will report jobless claims through TOMORROW.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) —
Initial jobless claims sank by 15,000 to 234,000 in the week ended Jan 14, just a hair above the post-recession low, the government reported Thursday. Economists polled by MarketWatch The number of workers being laid off each week has plunged again back to a more than 40-year-year low just as the new Trump administration gets set to be sworn in.

The monthly average of claims, a more accurate gauge of labor-market trends, also fell by 10,250 to 246,750 to mark the lowest level since November 1973.

The economy has added millions of jobs in the past five years after a slow start to an economic recovery that began in the middle of 2009. The unemployment rate has fallen below 5% and many companies complain they cannot find enough skilled workers.

Initial claims have been under 300,000 for 98 straight weeks, a streak last replicated in 1970 that shows no sign of ending.

Let's get that "Obama cat" out of office before Donald doesn't have anything to do.  Of course....it WILL give Trump more time to spend on making Russia great again. ;)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/jobless-claims-drop-15000-to-234000-2017-01-19

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 19, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »
After what happens on the 20th of this month.... ;).....I will expect to see the scientists start to get more "frisky".  So later in the spring, summer, and fall.....expect to see some demonstrations related to global warming and ANTI FOSSIL FUELS.

By the fall....they may be fairly substantial.  Remember....we will have an ABSOLUTE IDIOT in charge with an ego that is over the tips of his ski's.  He will make some big errors in judgment....as will his cabinet and other Republicans.

Also remember....we won't have a "rocket scientist" as the Secretary of Energy....we will have someone who was lucky to graduate AT ALL with a 2.2 GPA in Animal Science (careful  FOXSheep.....don't turn your back on Rick Perry:).

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1159
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #924 on: January 19, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
Statistics addict Nate Silver, "538," deconstructs the U.S. election with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

The Real Story Of 2016
...Why, then, had so many people who covered the campaign been so confident of Clinton’s chances? This is the question I’ve spent the past two to three months thinking about. It turns out to have some complicated answers, which is why it’s taken some time to put this article together....
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-real-story-of-2016/
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #925 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:38 PM »
Re: jobs created after 2008 recession

These were lower paying jobs. The middle class was eviscerated and re-enslaved at lower wages

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/02/28/how-the-recession-turned-middle-class-jobs-into-low-wage-jobs/

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/28/news/economy/low-wage-jobs/index.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/08/19/the-poor-get-poorer-low-wage-jobs-still-dominate.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-new-economy-post-recession-normal-working-part-time-unwillingly/

A recent conversation from one of the rustiest parts of the rust belt to illustrate exactly what this meant. Union guy, voted straight democratic ticket until now:

"We been screwed for a long time. In 2008 i went from twenty five dollars an hour to ten. My pension was stolen. My wife holds down two part time jobs and she's too tired even to talk when she gets home, it's killing her. My son and his two kids moved back in with me after he was laid off. Can't afford health care. My sister went bankrupt after health problems and died of an infection she caught in hospital. Bank took my house in 2011.

We voted for Trump, we'll give him a chance. But if things dont get better soon, it's over for us. There's a lot of folk here like me. We got nuttn, and we got nowhere to go. We ain't like you city folk, we don't march and protest and hold up signs. We'll go down to [state capital] and take some of them thievin' politicians and their fat cat buddies on our way out. Some of us might even make it to DC before we check out. We know we ain't got a chance, but we ain't got a chance now either. We ain't gonna go quietly. We got nuttn' to lose."

I do not think that all of this talk is bravado or posturing. There is a very, very ugly mood in the small towns of the rust belt and Appalachia. I know some of these families for decades, and this is the first time I have heard them speak so, even in the depths of the 2008 recession aftermath.  They have been quietly desparate for a long time, but barring improvement in their lives,  i doubt strongly that they will be quiet for long. Suicide rates in these blighted lands have been skyrocketing, and I suspect that violence will turn outwards. And they all own firearms, not that it will make too much difference against the organized violence of the State.

sidd

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 19, 2017, 10:41:27 PM »
I do not think that all of this talk is bravado or posturing. There is a very, very ugly mood in the small towns of the rust belt and Appalachia. I know some of these families for decades, and this is the first time I have heard them speak so, even in the depths of the 2008 recession aftermath.  They have been quietly desparate for a long time, but barring improvement in their lives,  i doubt strongly that they will be quiet for long. Suicide rates in these blighted lands have been skyrocketing, and I suspect that violence will turn outwards. And they all own firearms, not that it will make too much difference against the organized violence of the State.

Has it been happening for a LONG LONG TIME.........YES.  Absolutely.  And the "99%" have ABSOLUTELY been getting screwed.  The trouble is......and keep in mind that I am an INDEPENDENT FISCAL CONSERVATIVE CPA.....that the Republicans have been doing most of the screwing.

If you go back to the 1970's and look at the discrepancy between "workers" and "C class" (CEO, COO, CIO, etc).....it has BALLOONED over the last 35 years.  I have put figures up on this site before....they are truly MINDBLOWING.

That is why even though "Bernie" is to the left of the Kennedy's......HE would have beat Trump EASILY.

As I have said SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE.....until we have a "maximum multiple" that puts a "cap" on the multiple that the highest earner in the company can make compared to the lowest earner......DISCONTENT WILL CONTINUE.  The Swiss already tried to do this a few years ago....without success.  But it IS COMING...it is only a matte of time.

The lower and middle income earners SHOULD BE PISSED OFF by the way.  But the Republicans have been the root of most of the problems....

Pmt111500

« Reply #927 on: January 20, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »
Drumpfkopf could be used? Probably someone has already proposed this one? Nickname for the possible future prez of Divided states of Murica (DSM) ?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:12:11 AM by Pmt111500 »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 20, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »
The Trump fiasco brings to mind the difference between POWER and AUTHORITY.

AUTHORITY is obtained by "your position"....your title.  That title authorizes you to do certain things.  Whether it is CEO....president.....Data Base Manager...etc.  With that title comes the authority to do things.

POWER...on the other hand....is not from your title.  It is obtained by your ability to lead people or energize people effectively, and to DRAW people into your fold from various viewpoints.  If you haven't ever worked FOR or WITH someone with real POWER, you are really missing out.  And if you have people with "power" that work FOR YOU....then you need to recognize them and allow them to grow.  Because that power can spread and bring out the best in people.  Authority on the other hand.....can be abused....and bring out the worst in people.

Some of you will no doubt think...."hey...he DID win, didn't that take power?"  I would say....yes it did take some power, and it also took a lot of LIEING AND CONING.  Real power has staying power and can grow.     

Over the coming 16 - 24 months.....I think that BOTH of those will be on display but in very different directions.  Trump will use his authority....and likely ABUSE IT.  And power will slowly slip away....partly because of his overuse and mis-use of authority.....and partly because of his lack of power, empathy, selflessness......and his oversized ego, inability to make good decisions, and his laser like focus ON HIMSELF.

Should be an interesting ride.....I hope everyone (including me) pays close attention to the next 18 - 24 months.  Should be a real education for all of us...

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:13:39 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 20, 2017, 02:28:23 PM »
Authority on the other hand.....can be abused....

Well....THAT didn't take long:

"So we'll just pick the people to go into the room," he said, disregarding the long tradition of the WHCA assigning seats.

"I'm not sure other people will be thrilled about that," Trump added. "But we offered a much larger room because we need a much larger room. And we offered to do that, but they went crazy."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-wont-move-white-house-163928909.html

magnamentis

« Reply #930 on: January 20, 2017, 02:51:40 PM »
Authority on the other hand.....can be abused....

Well....THAT didn't take long:

"So we'll just pick the people to go into the room," he said, disregarding the long tradition of the WHCA assigning seats.

"I'm not sure other people will be thrilled about that," Trump added. "But we offered a much larger room because we need a much larger room. And we offered to do that, but they went crazy."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trump-wont-move-white-house-163928909.html

if they really were offered a larger room beforehand and refused it, probably to keep control and power of who has access and who not, his reaction would have been mine.

i always try to be objective and the fact that this guy is wrong in that seat like were others before him, does not mean that all and everything is wrong and the press definitely has too much power nowadays, they can destroy livings and get away with it by adding a question mark to a title that implies someone committed something, (pre-jusdice) and again, even though i dislike the guy and the fact that he won, he will, together with all the bad  stuff that's incoming, certainly show a few people that their corrupt and wrong motivated nepotism is not granted for all the future LOL.

media have become a "holy cow" and often play "advocatus diaboli" with the only motivation to make themselves a carrier, a headline, money and gain and/or execute power in a hypocritical manner. this has to change as much as the political system is far from having reached a
genuine working state. 

first step by the way will be to reform the monetary system (interest on interes) from the ground up because most things are ultimately money/power driven.

money and power are similarly one like are energy and matter ( E=mc2 )
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:57:04 PM by magnamentis »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 20, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
The serious "poll watching" now begins.  When Nixon was "shown the door" in August of 1974.....his approval rating was 25% AND REPUBLICANS were in power.

Next 12 months will be fun to watch with many cross currents:

1)  He has a BOATLOAD of fossil fuel folks in his cabinet (I lost count at 5).  They want fossil fuel companies to succeed....at all costs.

2)  If oil prices decline this year (I expect them to decline....although not nearly as much as they did in 2014)....that will put pressure on the oil and gas companies.....as well as their new found buddies in the Trump cabinet.

3)  At the same time there is pressure on the oil and gas companies.....shit is hitting the fan via global warming.   What happens if/when a new record low is set in the Arctic this September?  How low will the record in the Antarctic be NEXT MONTH?

4)  What stupid decisions is Donnie going to make for his oil and gas buddies over the coming few months that will get scientists more involved....and more importantly, the public more involved?  Exxon stock hit its all time high of just under $105 in 2014.....it is now $85, and I think it is heading towards $60 in the coming year.

Bottom line....is that Donnie is likely to get his panty's in a wad because anything he does to help his oil and gas buddies is going to be jumped on by scientists.....and increasingly by the public.  And his poll numbers ARE GOING TO DROP.  How fast...and how far...is a future event.  But it's coming.

5)  And what is going to happen with the drip....drip....drip....of news and facts regarding Russia and the FBI?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Tick....tick.....tick......

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 20, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »
And so it begins:

"11:59 am eastern, the official White House website had a lengthy information page about the threat of climate change and the steps the federal government had taken to fight it. At noon, at the instant Donald Trump took office, the page was gone, as well as any mention of climate change or global warming. ..."
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/all-references-to-climate-change-have-been-deleted-from-the-white-house-website

Buckle up....the fun is just starting...

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 20, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
One of the more interesting things about the new administrations policy of "drill baby drill"......is that it will push the price of oil DOWN BABY DOWN.

In the short term.....that will likely not be good for renewables.....but the price of oil has already been down below $30 already...and it is UNLIKELY to hit that again.

That is the thing about "greed".....it usually boomerangs around and hits you square in the face.

Will be interesting to see Donnies next moves over the coming week or two....and see how oil markets take it.  You may get an initial bump up....but in not too long, I would expect the oil markets to not take the news well.....and for oil to head south.  The oil market does NOT want more oil supply right now....there is too much already.

pileus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 21, 2017, 03:29:31 AM »

3)  At the same time there is pressure on the oil and gas companies.....shit is hitting the fan via global warming.   What happens if/when a new record low is set in the Arctic this September?  How low will the record in the Antarctic be NEXT MONTH?

Larsen C break off - "there were ice bergs when the titanic was sailing"

Antarctic ice record low - "there have always been cycles, before it was measured". And now add "the measurements are fake news".  Except when it supports a picked cherry.  Then it's word of god.

Arctic ice record low - see above

Likely decrease in global 2017 temp YOY - "the earth is cooling"

So, for the usual metrics it will be the SOS, with the addition of the fake news mic drop that will be en vogue for a time. 

It would take something highly anomalous and disruptive, even by today's extreme weather and climate standards, for a more sober dialogue.  If it doesn't disrupt just about everybody ignores or waives off global warming as a serious priority.

Sadly climate change could be the least of our worries as those expecting trump to be a typical out of sight out of mind bureaucrat may be left wanting.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #935 on: January 21, 2017, 04:32:25 AM »
Please take alook at this new thread:

Evidence of the Trump administration's assault on science is already documented in several threads here, but now that he's President, and the science melt season proper has started, it seems appropriate to keep a record.

Within moments of yesterday's inauguration, all references to combating climate change disappeared from the White House website [https://www.whitehouse.gov]. A search for "climate" returns three results:

An America First Energy Plan | whitehouse.gov
www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy
...and unnecessary policies such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the
Lou Henry Hoover | whitehouse.gov
www.whitehouse.gov/1600/first-ladies/louhoover
Charles D. Henry, decided that the climate of southern California would favor
Mamie Geneva Doud Eisenhower | whitehouse.gov
www.whitehouse.gov/1600/first-ladies/mamieeisenhower
...visits to relatives in the milder climate of San Antonio, Texas. There, in 1915
The page that once detailed the potential consequences of climate change was replaced by a page entitled, "An America First Energy Plan." which vows to eliminate “harmful and unnecessary policies” such as the Climate Action Plan and the Waters of the United States rule.

Thus the new administration is committing to a reduction in policy in place of a reduction in emissions.

I already posted links to the wayback machine for anyone who wants to protect the Obama archive.

Please post comments on this new topic in the new thread.  Thanks.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:55 AM »
The hunt for "Red October" in the Trump camp continues.  How many moles does it take to get to Russia?  I think we're going to be finding out in coming months....

I would be looking over my shoulder if I was Donnie boy.....
Tick.....tick.....tick......tick... 

« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:16:01 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 22, 2017, 03:56:08 AM »
Day 1 of Trump....and the game is now on.  And as I watch news tonight...I see that the press has "grown a pair" (pair of balls for those of you that have not heard this American locker room saying).

It will now start to become clear to some... the extent that Trump will lie...and his staff will lie for him.  But I FINALLY heard the press use the "L" word.  Yes....they said he lied.  Multiple times. So.....game on.

One important thing to watch in coming days and weeks will be the Israeli prime minister and his prodding of Trump to consider a pre-emtive strike against Iran's nuclear sites.  Right now....the Israeli prime minister is being investigated....and is being backed into a corner.  What better way to shift the narrative....attack Israel's enemy, Iran.  And that would change the news momentum for Trump in a big way.  This is NOT past Trump getting involved in this.  Watch the press over the coming days and next few weeks for Trump to spend more time bashing on Iran.

pileus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 22, 2017, 04:31:47 AM »
So the "president" is arguing about crowd sizes in front of a CIA memorial, and the WH press secretary pulls a Baghdad Bob routine on the crowds and verifiable public transit metrics.  Less than 36 hours in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/21/trumps-press-secretary-lashes-out-at-press-calling-crowd-coverage-shameful-and-wrong/?hpid=hp_rhp-bignews4_spicer628pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e20e5346a44c

solartim27

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #939 on: January 22, 2017, 07:52:10 AM »
FNORD

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 22, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »
Mike Tyson.....probably the "badest ass" heavyweight fighter of all times.....was always asked how he would deal with the other guys style or how the other guy was going to fight him.  This was his most famous quote:

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Yesterday.....the American people, and even international people.....punched Donald Trump in the mouth.  We'll see how he responds in coming days and weeks.

ROUND 1:  Goes to DEMOCRACY

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-11-09/sports/sfl-mike-tyson-explains-one-of-his-most-famous-quotes-20121109_1_mike-tyson-undisputed-truth-famous-quotes
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:39:57 PM by Buddy »

misanthroptimist

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #941 on: January 22, 2017, 06:50:58 PM »
Nate Silver unlike most at least kept entertaining the possibility of a Donald victory, his model was the most bullish on it by far.

Believe that if you want but he was way off the mark. Of course, so was everyone else.
I was pretty close. My numbers were telling me that WI was in play. I knew MI was very close.

|http://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/jpr-prediction-thread-be-your-own-psychic-global-political-pundit/#post-307231 is where that was posted the night before the election.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:20:25 AM by misanthroptimist »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 22, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »
Gee.....what a shock.  Trump isn't going to release his tax returns. ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-tax-returns_us_5884e7cfe4b070d8cad32f89

What WILL be interesting....is to see if the Trump admin has already taken down off of the White House petition site.  It already had over 200,000 votes.  I suspect that now that Kelly Ann Liar....I man Keely Ann Conway has come clean with them not showing the returns....they will likely take if off of the White House website so they don't end up with 5 million votes to release the returns.

Here is what Trump said during the campaign:

“I don’t mind releasing,” he said during his first president debate with Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. “I’m under a routine audit. And it’ll be released. And as soon as the audit’s finished, it will be released.”

Once a crook.....always a crook.

By not releasing his tax returns.....you can take off another 3 - 4% off his approval ratings.  Remember....he is in the low 40's.....he needs to get down into the high 20's.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 22, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »
I wonder if anyone is surprised?

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #944 on: January 23, 2017, 12:28:19 AM »
I wonder if anyone is surprised?

No. But we hoped we avoid this

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 23, 2017, 01:06:10 AM »
One thing that will be interesting, is if individual states initiate laws that require presidential and VP candidates to make their tax returns public before the can get their names on the ballot in that state.  In a state like Pennsylvania or Florida or Michigan.....that would send a statement.

I think you're going to see this in many states that are "blue states" FIRST.  Hopefully that can spread to other states in time.  Big things ALWAYS start small.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:27:44 PM by Buddy »

pearscot

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 190
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #946 on: January 23, 2017, 05:57:03 AM »
First of all, thanks Buddy for your quality responses.

Anyways, and I really hate to go down that rabbit hole, but I find it increasingly scary how Trump's administration labels issues/facts they don't agree with as 'fake news.' It's so far beyond appalling.  Neyond that, if anyone today hear the latest interview, they stated that the numbers were off and that 'they' (the right' had to refer to "alternative facts" WTF!? Ahh, I need to think long and hard about a suitable response to their insanity, but the sad, sad truth is that we do honestly life in a post-truth era the the left (us) need to think of a more viable and intense response, but we are in a new age...
pls!

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 23, 2017, 01:22:45 PM »
Anyways, and I really hate to go down that rabbit hole, but I find it increasingly scary how Trump's administration labels issues/facts they don't agree with as 'fake news.' It's so far beyond appalling.  Beyond that, if anyone today hear the latest interview, they stated that the numbers were off and that 'they' (the right' had to refer to "alternative facts" WTF!? Ahh, I need to think long and hard about a suitable response to their insanity, but the sad, sad truth is that we do honestly life in a post-truth era the the left (us) need to think of a more viable and intense response, but we are in a new age...

This "new age" actually started in the early 1990's with FOX.....as well as some of the radio talk show hosts like Rush Limbaugh.  FOX has ALWAYS LIED.  ALWAYS.  It has NEVER been a news show.  It has NEVER been "fair and balanced."  And it was NEVER meant to be fair and balanced.  It was....from the beginning....meant to bring political power to "the right"....via Roger Ailes.  Ailes served under Richard Nixon......and now his "brain child" (FOX) got Donald Trump elected.  Hopefully it will end just as Richard Nixon's presidency ended. ;)

So this isn't something that JUST RECENTLY popped up.  But like all things FALSE....it needs to be attacked HEAD ON.  And THE PRESS needs to "step up."  Some of them already are.   FOX....never will.

In the coming days and weeks.....I expect Trump to "mellow" his tone.....because clearly there are a lot of people WHO ARE SO ABSOLUTELY PISSED AT HIM THEY CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT (yes...I am one of them).  As I said a few weeks ago...Trump will continue to use FOX News as his megaphone.  His buddies Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity will serve up nothing but softball questions to him....just as he wants.

The press.....needs to continue to STEP UP THEIR GAME.  CNN and MSNBC have already done so.  Others like NBC, CBS, and ABC need to follow.  CNN and MSNBC are calling out lies of Trump's loyal worker bees.  At some point....the conversation is going to go from "but those things aren't true".....to....."but those things are a lie."  A subtle difference....but important.

I am 99.9% sure that Trump has ALREADY done the thing(s) necessary to remove him from office.  But I am only give a 30% - 50% chance of him being removed from office.  The "dots" of what he and/or his staff DID AND KNEW......HAVE TO BE CONNECTED.

There are already investigations on going.  But will Trump move to stop them?  This will be interesting to watch.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/21/14335112/trump-russia-intelligence-fbi

The truth is waiting to be unearthed.  It never goes away.....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 23, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »
Sean Spicer's "press conference" was a BIG MISSTEP.  Now....everything he says is going to be fact checked.  His monster lies means that he will be mocked....and already has been.

At the Dallas hockey game.....the announced attendance at the game was 1.5 million in a spoof on Trump:

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/dallas-stars-spoof-trump-inauguration-attendance-stat-012217

Here are more Sean Spicer spoofs.  This is what Sean gets when he lies:

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/dallas-stars-spoof-trump-inauguration-attendance-stat-012217

There are NO ALTERNATE FACTS.   There are FACTS....and there are LIES.  Trump has lied his whole life.  He isn't going to change.

What WILL CHANGE....is how the press and others DEAL WITH HIS LIES.....AND CALL OUT HIS LIES.  THAT....will change.

The MOCKING and HUMOR of Trump is just getting started.  And so are the crowd sizes at rallys.  The rally's across the country on Saturday WERE IN THE DEAD OF WINTER.  What happens at the end of this spring.....or this summer...or this fall?

The crowds WILL BE ENORMOUS.

This was not a one day wonder.....this was the START of something BIG.  If there is ONE THING I HATE......IT IS BEING LIED TO.  AND TRUMP DOES IT CONSTANTLY.  That......along with his over-extended ego will be what brings him down.  The fact that he has surrounded himself with incompetent people is a REFLECTION ON HIM.

My father happened to be a GREAT role model. There were the things he taught me:

(1)  ALWAYS do the right thing....even if is painful
(2)  ALWAYS tell the truth
(3)  ALWAYS LOOK FOR THE TRUTH
(4)  Be good to people who deserve it
(5)  Always hold people accountable
(6)  Be persistent

I plan on doing MY SMALL PART in holding Trump and his band of liars accountable.  I will mock him....I will make fun of him.....I will spread the truth.  I am but one small individual....but on this past Saturday, you can see what MILLIONS OF SMALL INDIVIDUALS CAN DO.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 23, 2017, 03:06:58 PM »
Before Trump's time in office is over.....you will likely see 10 - 20 million people march against him.  No....I'm not kidding.  Wait till this spring or summer.....things are just getting started:

http://wakingtimesmedia.com/20-million-muslims-march-isis-mainstream-media-completely-ignores/