Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Faux-conservative Terrorism  (Read 1733 times)

abbottisgone

• Frazil ice
  • "...I'm a rock'n'roll star,...... YES I ARE!!!!!!"
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Faux-conservative Terrorism
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:07:49 AM »
 The Murdoch empire is about to get a kick up the 'where the moral law don't shine' as donations roll in to fund an anti-anti-Climate-Change-Jibberish assault on the aformentioned media moguls weapons of environmental war.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/wotifs-graeme-wood-backed-2m-strike-at-rupert-murdoch/news-story/dcbdb1ab4dcaec67038642065957b418

The fake conservatives we all know too well amongst us learn reams of standard attack diatribe against those who seek to save the environment from 500ppm CO2e within a decade.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/milestone-global-greenhouse-gas-levels-accelerate-past-key-marker-20161021-gs888m.html

Is this not the same as the death cult called ISIS?

_> Some food for thought:

Now the tragedy about climate change is that we can solve it with a simple, honest approach of a gradually rising carbon fee collected from fossil fuel companies and distributed 100 percent electronically every month to all legal residents on a per capita basis, with the government not keeping one dime. Most people would get more in the monthly dividend than they'd pay in increased prices. This fee and dividend would stimulate the economy and innovations, creating millions of jobs. It is the principal requirement for moving us rapidly to a clean energy future.
15:03
Several top economists are coauthors on this proposition. Jim DiPeso of Republicans for Environmental Protection describes it thusly: "Transparent. Market-based. Does not enlarge government. Leaves energy decisions to individual choices. Sounds like a conservative climate plan."
15:24
But instead of placing a rising fee on carbon emissions to make fossil fuels pay their true cost to society, our governments are forcing the public to subsidize fossil fuels by 400 to 500 billion dollars per year worldwide, thus encouraging extraction of every fossil fuel -- mountaintop removal, longwall mining, fracking, tar sands, tar shale, deep ocean Arctic drilling. This path, if continued, guarantees that we will pass tipping points leading to ice sheet disintegration that will accelerate out of control of future generations. A large fraction of species will be committed to extinction. And increasing intensity of droughts and floods will severely impact breadbaskets of the world, causing massive famines and economic decline.

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_hansen_why_i_must_speak_out_about_climate_change/transcript?language=en
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:31:05 AM by abbottisgone »
But I left school and grew my hair
They didn't understand
They wanted me to be respected as
A doctor or a lawyer man
But I had other plans..........