Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Evolutionary Leap  (Read 9129 times)

Thomas Barlow

Evolutionary Leap
« on: December 02, 2016, 01:50:43 AM »
Evolutionary Leap

Some people are getting depressed or worried now, overwhelmed, you need to read this post. In it, I describe the only viable way out of this man-made mess, both for the individual and for the world.
You have to read the whole thing, read the proposal I put into MIT (knowing they would reject it), to understand it.
Read the whole thing, spend time with the links I give. Get back to me with questions on that post.
Science-denial is not an option.
You cannot complain about science-denial and then become a science-denier using all the same arguments (which I am used to). Read the post, my replies to the post, the links in the post, and realize this is by far the most scientifically validated and most powerful solution out there.
We don't have time for the uber-skeptics and the science-deniers. We need people to have an open mind and start to try to understand why this is real. Scientifically validated, time and time again.
Read the post for the MIT CoLab proposal (and read carefully my Environmental Resume by clicking on my name on that MIT page.)
You have to wake up to the fact things are not what they seem. People are hurting, people are going into PTSD. Do not mock this. Use your brain, with an open mind, that you may be missing some crucial information and understanding. Follow through on this, find out for yourself, and then you can help those people as well.
This is the future. This is an evolutionary leap, and it is going to happen.
---> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208031699445445&set=a.4047246414682.2147363.1087584694&type=3&theater

I get nothing out of any of this, except wasting my precious time. All organizations are non-profit, I don't work for them, or have much to do with then at all, and I post this here, because I don't know if I'll get around to writing the book, and we are in a worldwide emergency.

Tommy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:21:49 PM by Thomas Barlow »

Avalonian

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Evolutionary Leap
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 02:37:52 AM »
Alas, Facebook isn't universally accessible, and I'm in China. Any other links to at least a summary?

MrVisible

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 02:56:23 AM »
If you want to skip the reading in my proposal below, just click on this first link below, and get started in the most powerful method on the planet, to help yourself, your family, your community, and the world.

The link is to TranscendentalMeditation.org, and he also recommends the Maharishi University of Management.

Avalonian

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:03:23 AM »
The link is to TranscendentalMeditation.org, and he also recommends the Maharishi University of Management.

Ah. Thank you for that. I do think meditation can be extremely valuable, and the world would be a better place with more practitioners... but I doubt it's going to be the answer to everything.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
wash down with a little Ayahuasca ..
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 01:23:33 PM »
Avalonian.

Here is the link to my proposal. The most important part of the post above.
http://climatecolab.org/contests/2016/shifting-behavior-for-a-changing-climate/c/proposal/1331534

For the part about physics, bio-physics, and consciousness, there is a lot more new research since then, that bolster that section. Also, the space for proposal is limited to a word-count, so a lot of information is curtailed to some extent.

Here is my Facebook post in full:

All pollution is nothing other than the outward expression of worldwide collective stress in the human  brain.

In the face of incoherence in the collective brain-state, worldwide, actions will lead to nothing. The forces of ignorance are too strong within the collective energy-fields of the planetary consciousness. It is not possible for actions to succeed in this polluted state of human consciousness. There is no other way than the evidence for immediate evolution that I give below. To think that  actions  could succeed, in the current incoherent, discordant state of human collective-mind, is naive, unscientific, and irrational.

The information I give here is evidence-based, Over 30 scientific studies, using strict methodology, published in respected scientific journals around the world, demonstrate that we can mitigate and balance the coming Earth changes, in ways that are not only effective, but a leap in evolution for the whole human race. Now is the time for that. Science-denial is not an option at this time.

This is not about individuals, individual action, or individual self-development. That is a misreading of this information. The science is very clear on this technology of consciousness. This is about a large-scale effect - from one or two specific places on the planet - created in global consciousness, that is clearly shown to remove societal stress, allowing for the natural communal  ingenuity (of government and people) to flourish exponentially.  Secondly - and possibly the MOST important evolution of your current paradigm that you will need to change - is that this effect is symbiotic with nature herself, and nature will respond in ways scientists' cannot even see yet. A massive mitigating response by nature itself. It is very naive and unscientific in the 21st century to think that nature is separate from the human brain-state and collective-mind. That is just an archaic, parochial, and primitive way of thinking. This is 21-century physics, not the 19th-century physics that most people (even physicists in their everyday dealings) are operating under. Physics has evolved. Time for you to do the same.
Read on...

IMPORTANT POINT: It is unscientific and magical-thinking to believe that human consciousness is separate from nature itself, at the powerful quantum levels of nature. Such a separation of inner-mind and quantum nature, would take a fantastical, impossible miracle.

They are one and the same. Symbiotic. This effect nourishes nature itself. We are That. Physics and the science of consciousness is clear on this.

This worldwide effect is already clearly scientifically validated, is easy to implement, test, and develop.

Without this coherence in the planetary energy-state, there is no way forward for the human race. Without this release from collective stress, it is even possible the race will go extinct ... and soon.

A lot of people conflate this post with 'meditation'. It is important to understand it has nothing to do with what you call 'meditation'. That is a waste of time.

This is technology. Tried and tested many times in peer-reviewed scientific journals. Science-denial is not an option at this time.

We just need a tiny percentage of the world's population to use this specific technology, and it will change everything. This is 100 year-old physics. Most people are still living with a reductionist 19th century understanding of physics (and the brain).
We are in the 21st century.

IMPORTANT POINT: To any government, institution, or influential individuals:
Any attempt to replicate this by creating the large group of people using some other - similar sounding - method, will utterly fail, and is a waste of time and money (no, no other group effect, or attempt, has anywhere near the power of this nuanced and specific method, and certainly no research to back them up.) Trying to tweak this method, or replace it, is a complete blunder, wastes time, and puts the human race in danger. The technology is already perfected, and
you cannot re-invent it. If you think you can, then you really don't understand it all, and do not understand science, it will fail, and you will give up eventually.

It is too late to listen to the armchair uber-skeptics and all their waffling, or to the hopeless ... who are just the unaware. Just do this method and change everything.

For more depth read solution in my proposal here (or just read on below)  ---> http://climatecolab.org/contests/2016/shifting-behavior-for-a-changing-climate/c/proposal/1331534

If you want to skip the reading in my proposal above, just click on this first link below, and get started in the most powerful method on the planet, to help yourself, your family, your community, and the world.
Other than the large-scale operation described in my proposal above (by governments or influential individuals) this below is a first step for individuals who do not want to wait for that larger event to unfold.
Very quickly, you will feel something you never thought possible. Put your skepticism in a locked box in the basement and just do this...for the sake of the world. Don't waste your life on small things, when the whole planet is going into discord.  You CAN help. This is real. This is much more powerful than anything you have imagined. You will feel it immediately. (all are non-profit organizations.)
Click here and start ---> https://www.tm.org

YOUNG PEOPLE -- Give up what you are doing, and go to Maharishi University of Management​ . It is the only way to calm the coming Earth changes you are already seeing.
Check the website ---- > https://www.mum.edu

Activism is failing, education is in a mess, the corporations rule the world, the ice is melting, the Earth is heating.
The media are understating the scale of the problem. It is solvable, but great ideas & technologies will flounder and drown in the incoherence of world consciousness today.

This is the most ancient and effective technology of consciousness ... world consciousness.

=============

And here is something to add to all that to think about. If you know what Vedanta is, then this is the modern version of it, just he doesn't know that's what it is.

The individual is cosmic.
A leap in human evolution is going to take place. How many of the 7.3 billion people make it, depends on how fast we implement large groups of TM-Sidhas.
The TM-Sidhis are not a meditation technique, but literally are a force of nature
At this rate, most of the world's population won't make it. Global warming, massive natural methane release from the Arctic and elsewhere puts us far beyond the range of human survival within 10 years, acidic oceans, loss of ecosystems, etc.
Act now. Forget the silly uber-skeptics and naysayers. They are old, archaic, calcified dead brains. Free yourself from that unenlightened, medieval nonsense (see my post above).
----
""While neuroscientists struggle to understand how there can be such a thing as a first-person reality (you appear to not exist in neuroscience - the brain), quantum physicists have to grapple with the mystery of how there can be anything but a first-person reality (you are everywhere - cosmic)""
(my additions in parentheses.)
--  Donald D. Hoffman, professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Irvine.
----
Interesting article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/04/the-illusion-of-reality/479559/

==================

Here is another of my additions to the main post:

Contagious disease is predicted to rise due to climate-change.
Survival of the fittest.
You'll need this:
Scientific studies:
""Conclusions: The technique of (Transcendental) meditation studied seems to have a significant effect on immune cells, manifesting in the different circulating levels of lymphocyte subsets analyzed. The significant effect of TM on the neuroendocrine axis and its relationship with the immune system may partly explain our results.""
This study was approved by the Hospital Research Ethics Committee and the procedures followed were in accordance with Helsinki Declaration.

Researchers:
Infante JR. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Peran F. - Biochemical Service, Virgen de las Nieves Hospital, Spain.
Rayo JI. - - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Serrano J. - - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Domínguez ML.- Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Garcia L. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Duran C. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Roldan A. - Area Health Service, Merida, Badajoz, Spain.

From -- US government, National Institutes of Health, webpage: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25035626
------------------------------------
More studies:
Orme-Johnson D. W., Herron R. E. An Innovative Approach to Reducing Medical Care Utilization and Expenditures. American Journal of Managed Care 1997; 3: 135–144.

More ---> https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/research.html
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:14:43 AM by Thomas Barlow »

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:14 PM »
To be - cause

There is no large body of research, published in respected peer-reviewed journals around the world on the psychotropic ayahuasca . There are over 350 studies on Transcendental Meditation (TM) published in respected journals around the world --- > https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/research.html 
All are non-profit organizations.
I get nothing from doing all of this, except wasting my precious time.

But my post is not about that. Please read the MIT proposal.

Tommy
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:26:00 PM by Thomas Barlow »

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 02:55:47 PM »
To be - cause

There is no large body of research, published in respected peer-reviewed journals around the world on the psychotropic ayahuasca . There are over 350 studies on Transcendental Meditation (TM) published in respected journals around the world --- > https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/research.html 
All are non-profit organizations.
I get nothing from doing all os this, except wasting my precious time.

But my post is not about that. Please read the MIT proposal.

Tommy

So, 10,000 TMers on each continent will, what, lower CO2?  Alter solar radiation output?  Magicallly change physically-determined feedbacks? 
How is this different from praying for global cooling?  Clutching a rabbit's foot?
There is NO RESEARCH to support that meditation can affect climate.  The "MIT proposal" isn't persuasive at all.  It reads like a schizophrenic's ranting.

You're sincere, but this is, in effect, trolling.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 05:56:21 PM »
rock on Tommy .. I am happy I have found my way already .. I need no peer reviews . I call myself be cause for the same reasons you hail t.m.  .. b.c
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

John Batteen

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2016, 05:35:54 AM »
The Multidisciplanary Association for Psychedelic Studies (maps.org) has done a lot of research on the uses of LSD, MDMA, Ayahuasca, Psilocybin, Ibogaine, and others, in treating depression, anxiety, and PTSD.  I'd put a lot more stock in the psychedelic mindstate than any of this nonsense.

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:44 PM »
You guys didn't read it. You are making the exact dismissive smears, knee-jerk egocentric reactions and strawman arguments as the climate-science deniers did for decades. It is always stunning to see people using the same science-denial, without even having read or understood any of it. It is exactly the same phenomena as the climate-science deniers.
Get back to me with specific questions of discussion.
Be specific in your questions, do not insult, and be specific about which part of the science and the studies you do not understand. Do not deny science you do not understand. Spend the next couple of weeks to start to understand it. Do not remain in ignorance like the science-deniers like to do. Which specific part are you questioning? Be very specific please.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:17:45 AM by Thomas Barlow »

John Batteen

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 06:22:21 AM »
OK let me elaborate.  I have no questions.  I don't know everything about TM but I know all I need to know about it.  I went to the tm.org and Maharishi University website trying to get to the meat of it, and eventually found out that to actually learn the technique, I have to pay Maharishi University, or paysomeone who in turn paid Maharishi University, to learn this technique.  If it was really that world changing, they'd be handing it out for free.  It's a giant scam.  Just a huge racket.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 06:58:09 AM »
What does this subject have to do with climate? Or anything related to this forum?

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »
It's obvious that tm has not worked for Tommy .. demonstrating nothing of a calm mind nor loving heart to those who respond . Poor advert .. bc

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Read the article, with an open mind, read the science, and start to understand it. You do not understand it yet, because you have not studied any of it. Ask me specific questions. Dismissing it without understanding it, or being able to ask specific questions about the science behind it, detailed in there. Eg. effects at a distance in physics, dozens of studies published in respected peer-reviewed journals showing that a group of people, trained in this specific, and ancient method, do have effects at a distance, that were strongly demonstrated to be un-attributable to any other cause. In fact, these studies PROVE to a huge degree of significance that quantum effects, field effect in physics and consciousness, that are postulated and tested by many physicists, and in observed studies...are real.
This effect gives more credence to 100 year-old theories of field effects, action at a distance, existence of underlying fundamental fields. But if you don't read the material, you do not understand it, and therefore cannot understand the connection to climate-change, and cannot ask specific questions or make specific, or meaningful criticism.

If you are asking "What does this have to do with climate-change?", you didn't read the article, study the science in there, nor understand the nature of what modern physics has clearly demonstrated.

To the minority here, who have no sense of logic or comprehension, calling someone 'schizophrenic' and a 'troll', 'on drugs', etc. is the method of science deniers who are afraid to open their minds to the new paradigm that physics is very clear on, and get back to me with specific questions on the well-established science, studies, and publicly demonstrated effects under strict scientific scrutiny. It is amazing that climate enthusiasts, cannot look at themselves, and see they are using the exact same vitriol as the climate-science deniers did for decades. If you read it, you would come back with specific questions or very specific criticisms, specific to one specific part or another. Not just the blanket "I don't believe this" of a science-denier.

---------------------------------
Which of the following are you in disagreement with?

1. Physics clearly shows quantum effects at a distance are real, not theoretical (Einstein's ‘spooky action at a distance’, also 'entanglement', others). It is well-established. Denying or ignoring it these days, is science-denial. How many of the top experts in the field of physics and cosmology do you deny? Be specific as to WHY you deny them, or as to WHY you think that is not what they are saying. Be specific. For example, when that one physicist from MIT that I cite, says "Consciousness is a state of matter", and I say, all matter is fundamentally made up of fields (as ALL physicists agree), not points of sand floating in a vast vacuum. All scientists know that matter is ultimately... a field, and ultimate to that, all experts agree, must be a fundamental field that is non-localized and universal. Called the 'unified field' in physics (and don't bother with wikipedia please).
-- see my citations in the proposal. Or ask me to post them here.

2. Physics clearly shows our consciousness (brain) is intrinsically integrated with nature, at the subtlest levels of physics. It is well-established and the life's work of some of the top physicists and experts in the world.
-- see my citations in the proposal. Or ask me to post them here.

3. Published research, time and time again, in strict peer-reviewed journals, clearly show, through robust methodology, an effect that was demonstrably not due to any other known factors. The research indisputably shows:
Groups of people trained in the TM-Sidhis - a powerful subtle-sonic technique - demonstrate effects at a distance - a radiative effect throughout nature (society)  peace, co-operation, ingenuity, coherence, evolution of society. Also, symbiosis with the laws of physics that structure all life on Earth.
-- see refs and this link below to published research in respected peer-reviewed journals, which scrutinized the research much more than most other papers get scrutinized. These studies stand as some of the most robust ever conducted in the social sciences, and have p-value higher than most studies in the strictest physics research, studies in the hard sciences, and published studies in science. For example, there is not a climate-science, or global warming study, anywhere near the vigorous method, scrutiny, and p-values of these peer-reviewed studies and their strict scientific methodologies have.
How many of the journals and hundreds of expert peer-reviewers do you deny? Throwing out masses of peer-review expertise, as if your 'opinion' is more important. How many of the editors and board of experts in the journals do you denounce?
Journals are listed in the references.
These (and dozens of others) show field-effects in society at a distance. If you think humans or human society is in any way separate from nature (the fundamental, amorphous fields of physics, and the unified field), then you are verging on religion...not logic. There is nothing in humans or created by humans, that is separate from nature ... the unified field. It's all working together, as one fluid, interconnected,  entity.
But most importantly, humans need this to create the coherence necessary to implement the best solutions ASAP. Otherwise, incoherence in collective consciousness, will cause the best ideas to be lost in the chaos, and chaos and war will be the end result. And, as side effect, healthier, more creative, more co-operative human societies. Nature responds 1000-fold once humans start to integrate and act in conjunction with at the most fundamental fields of physics and consciousness. Right now, all humans are in a low-level brain-state. Dysfunctional. Broken. Including you.

Summary of 13 studies (over 50 published)
https://www.mum.edu/about-mum/consciousness-based-education/tm-research/maharishi-effect/Summary-of-13-Published-Studies

--- The human race is at risk because of science denial in the past ---

--- We don't have time for science-denial now ---

Therefore, the immediate testing of the theory that large groups of TM-Sidhas have a wide-spread effect, should be implemented by governments and influential individuals immediately.

----------------------------------------

4. One other point:
As climate-change accelerates, there will be more instability in societies, so the studies on crime rates and on war mandate immediate creation of super-radiance groups of 10,000 people on each continent, trained in Maharishi's TM-Sidhis, to mitigate the instability in society that could come. Such groups also have the side-effect of nature responding to heal itself (ie. ourselves), and that symbiosis between the human brain and nature can be easily tested. With the rising chaos that is coming from climate-change (climate-refugee exodus, water-wars, food-insecurity), the effect shown in these studies alone, is more than enough reason to implement this method, regardless of any connection with nature some illogical people may dispute.

5. For individuals, Transcendental Meditation has been shown many times to increase immune system, health, and resilience to disease on many aspects of health. In several hundred peer-reviewed studies around the world. Therefore, as a potential conduit for potential future epidemics that many climate-scientists and disease experts have stated will be one of the biggest problems in coming years (think ebola, zika, and the recent known failure of modern medicine's last line of defense - the last functioning anti-biotics - look it up if you don't know about it), that not only will people need this technique, but are at risk of spreading disease in the future more effectively than someone practicing this proven method.

One example of hundreds of studies on health:
This study was approved by the Hospital Research Ethics Committee and the procedures followed were in accordance with Helsinki Declaration.
""Conclusions: The technique of (Transcendental) meditation studied seems to have a significant effect on immune cells, manifesting in the different circulating levels of lymphocyte subsets analyzed. The significant effect of TM on the neuroendocrine axis and its relationship with the immune system may partly explain our results.""

Researchers:
Infante JR. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Peran F. - Biochemical Service, Virgen de las Nieves Hospital, Spain.
Rayo JI. - - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Serrano J. - - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Domínguez ML.- Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Garcia L. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Duran C. - Nuclear Medicine Service, Infanta Cristina Hospital, Spain.
Roldan A. - Area Health Service, Merida, Badajoz, Spain.

From -- US government, National Institutes of Health, webpage: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25035626

This above, is just a simple example as to why hundreds of other published studies show significant effects on an array of key health parameters, the research journals ar listed here. You can verify any of them for your self. Strict peer-review by experts in the field were applied.
http://www.tm.org/research-on-meditation

I predict someone will still ask, 'what does this have to do with climate?". Read the post again. It has everything to do with climate-change and the ramifications of it.

To John
This technique IS free for those who need it. If you can afford it, you will have to pay to help others who cannot afford it, Give up your lattes for a year. Done.

To 'be-cause'
If I was all lovey-dovey and kumbaya, you would use that as an excuse to blast me for it. You and all the others would come down on me like a ton of bricks, hammering me for being so hippy-jippy. You would be the first to brutally attack such a person. You don't want that lovey-dovey person. Wanting someone to be all kind and peaceful, sublime smile, carrying flowers for you, loving-compassion oozing over you ... is naive, childish, and laughable. This is science, not kumbaya.  Don't ask the lovely Dalai Lama or some heebey-jeesus-saintly-sprite to suggest solutions to climate change.
Read the science.

But I must emphasize this AGAIN.
This is not about individuals (although it will help with psychology and health during the coming Earth Changes, which many are now experiencing clinical PTSD, those who understand the feedback loops now in place. If you're not, you probably think you are an island, or you do not understand the feedbacks). This is about governments or an influential individual getting this project going. Individuals can learn it, help themselves, help others, but for the world, that is not enough.
This is going to happen. You might as well learn as much as you can about it now. If you have financial problems John, then they will give you the technique for free, and you can learn it in any country in the world. But AGAIN, this is not about individuals. This is about how, without the coherence in collective-consciousness (the quantum fields that exist and interact and directly affect collective mind - read the article before responding to this last statement), then all the solutions in the world are not going to get implemented. The human race is functioning at a sub-human mental state, and all the greatest ideas, and technological solutions will flounder and be dissipated to the wind. You are very naive and uneducated in climate-science, if you think there are a few ideas out there, that can come to fruition if everyone just gets behind it. They cannot get behind it - the governments, the corporations, the people living in giant mega-cities or the corporate-farms producing our food, or the people out in country. None of them can implement it, because they are scattered and dysfunctional in mind, oppressed by an incoherent collective field. Universal fields are the basis of all existence. It is illogical to think that consciousness is outside of that. Many physicists and neuroscientists do not think that. It is 100 year-old physics. Your high school or college was way behind. Luddites basically. This is old, established science now. Catch up.

So, take a step back, be objective about the possibility that your paradigm is not perfect, and avoid the same pitfall of the climate-science deniers, put your skepticism in a locked box in the basement, go through the article and the published science behind it, and get back with specific, scientific, questions or specific criticisms.  Be specific.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:56:04 PM by Thomas Barlow »

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 07:29:46 PM »
Our aims are the same .. our means are different . He who shouts loudly is rarely heard while she with love can change the world . Love changes everything .. banging loud drums deafens people .

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »
Tommy: There are few if any science deniers on this Forum. Calling people science deniers because they disagree with you is pretty weak. I could be wrong, but you sound like a troll. Prove us wrong by coming up with better responses.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 10:23:53 PM »
Looks more like spam, to me.
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Tony Mcleod

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 01:28:07 AM »
Tommy, I pretty well agree with everything you are saying about meditation. The problem is you're putting a brand name on it. I'm sure 'T' meditation is effective and beneficial but so are the dozens of other meditation and breathing techniques freely available.

So, push meditation but stop pushing one type of it.

MrVisible

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 05:53:01 AM »
I prefer to get my spiritual guidance from someone who's less of a jerk.

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 06:47:26 PM »
Posted by: MrVisible
""I prefer to get my spiritual guidance from someone who's less of a jerk.""

It is not spiritual advice. It is science. Please don't introduce strawmen here.

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
Tony Mcleod
""I pretty well agree with everything you are saying about meditation. The problem is you're putting a brand name on it. I'm sure 'T' meditation is effective and beneficial but so are the dozens of other meditation and breathing techniques freely available. So, push meditation but stop pushing one type of it.""

It is not about meditation.
That is a misreading of the material. You would have to read the material and links much more slowly and in-depth to understand what it is about. Specific, scientific questions or criticisms are welcome. As long as they are specific and questioning science. That is normal. It is new science for most people. Again, this is not about meditation, individuals, or self-development. This method has over 350+ studies, published in strictly scrutinized peer-reveiwed journals worldwide over 4 decades, and dozens on the crucial field-effects described (the main topic of this proposal). Those methods you are talking about are nothing like this. Not related in any way, A  completely different topic.

You will need to set aside at least one hour (2 hours probably) to go through the proposal and links to understand what this is. That is normal, it is new information for most people, and already smeared and denounced in their minds, before they even start. That is typical, normal. Use logic and science, not emotion, to understand what this is. It is not about meditation. This is about a powerful force of nature. It is not invented by men.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:16:13 PM by Thomas Barlow »

Thomas Barlow

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 06:57:27 PM »
Posted by: budmantis
""There are few if any science deniers on this Forum. Calling people science deniers because they disagree with you is pretty weak. I could be wrong, but you sound like a troll. Prove us wrong by coming up with better responses.""

Thanks for your reply. It is pretty typical. But this is science, not kumbaya.
The world is at the precipice, and arguing over whether someone is just that bit nice-enough, just enough for you, but not enough for the next guy. Or is too nice, just enough for some, but too nicey-nicey, touchey-feely for you. Really a waste of time.

Use your logic brain to critique specific parts of the theories and science in the proposal and links above. That is how non-science-deniers operate. Not wide, dismissive generalizations and uninformed responses.  Be a man, and ask specific science questions, or refute specific scientific theory or studies. (do not throw the whole theory and 100s of peer-reviewed studies out, over one small thing you think smears it all. That is science-denial.)

You will need to set aside at least one hour (2 hours probably) to go through the proposal and links to understand what this is. That is normal, it is new information for most people, and already smeared and denounced in their minds, before they even start. That is typical, normal. Use logic and science, not emotion.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:05:41 PM by Thomas Barlow »

Tony Mcleod

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 11:21:31 PM »
Tony Mcleod
""I pretty well agree with everything you are saying about meditation. The problem is you're putting a brand name on it. I'm sure 'T' meditation is effective and beneficial but so are the dozens of other meditation and breathing techniques freely available. So, push meditation but stop pushing one type of it.""

It is not about meditation.

From a link you posted above:

What Is Transcendental Meditation?
It is a simple, natural, effortless technique practiced 20 minutes twice a day while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed. It’s not a religion, philosophy or lifestyle.

Quacks like a duck...

I've been practicing meditation (and teaching it) for 15 years. If what you are talking about isn't meditation, then what is it? Can you summarize it for me?

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 06:27:50 AM »

Use your logic brain to critique specific parts of the theories and science in the proposal and links above.

My logic is telling me to tune you out because you are not making a lot of sense. Let's start over, you are trying to get an idea across to the rest of us. The best way to do that IMHO is to state your thesis and then follow up with evidence to support your assertion. So far, you're attempts at convincing us have fallen short due to the methods you've used.

I came very close to not responding to your latest post because I thought it would be a waste of my time. Don't be surprised if I don't answer your next response unless it makes sense. You may have something to offer here, please spell it out in a clear and concise fashion using the language of science, or risk being ignored.