Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Updating the ASIG  (Read 55744 times)

wehappyfew

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: I'm updating the ASIG next week. Any tips?
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »
Another graph that needs a cleanup on the Daily graphs:

Last row, first column... Sea Ice Temperature by DMI shows Mar_03_2015.

If I click through to the DMI site, I can get today's chart.

My opinion of the overall update effort:

Outstanding, even better than I had hoped. Too many websites go for a big update in their appearance that is disruptive and confusing (maybe their web designers get paid more to make big changes). But you've got a cleaner appearance at the top - adding the very nice tribute to Andrew along with the links which are now easier to see and use - while the overall layout is familiar enough to be very friendly to long-time users.

Is the Climate Reanalyzer picture supposed to a link?

Love the big water vapor global picture at the bottom - that saves me from having to keep another browser tab open!
"If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken" - Carl Sagan

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:50 PM »

Yes, that's a static image, because I can't hot-link to the DMI Polar Portal graph, because the link changes every day. I talked to them about it two years ago and explained how their website would get more attention if they would let me link to it, but they never changed it.

My opinion of the overall update effort:

Outstanding, even better than I had hoped. Too many websites go for a big update in their appearance that is disruptive and confusing (maybe their web designers get paid more to make big changes). But you've got a cleaner appearance at the top - adding the very nice tribute to Andrew along with the links which are now easier to see and use - while the overall layout is familiar enough to be very friendly to long-time users.
Thanks. I'm a conservative guy. I don't like to change things just for the change. If my html and CSS skills would be better, I might try to make it look prettier. But it's clear, neat and in order. My OCD is happy.  ;)

Is the Climate Reanalyzer picture supposed to a link?
Yes, it is! Fixed now, thanks.

Love the big water vapor global picture at the bottom - that saves me from having to keep another browser tab open!
Yeah, I thought: what the heck, let's put it in. It was too big for one column, so I decided to give it room at the bottom. It's a beautiful image.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

seaicesailor

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
Thank you Neven!
An alternative for those using Chrome on Android, in case something is off, is to select "Request desktop site" from the main menu (press on the three dots at the top right to get the menu). Other phone browsers may have similar option available.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 12:42:31 AM »
Neven: the Greenland link needs updating to
http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/satimg.uk.php

btw - many thanks for the ASIG - I use the resource frequently, even when too busy to blog or comment.   8)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 74
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 01:46:37 AM »
Looking great - I like the dedication plaque too.  Sadly no further news re Andrew's data pages from NSIDC....

How about linking to the Chartic data?  Available for both Artic/Antarctic and now for Greenland melt rather than the static "Greenland Melt Extent" chart:
http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/greenland-surface-melt-extent-interactive-chart/

Any reason the top right graph on sea ice conc does not show the median limit (red line) although it appears when clicked through?

Any mileage in putting the NSIDC Antarctic concentration map in the middle top space - especially as its so current (& there are other Antarctic links on the page)?

Anything on the Copernicus charts -or are they for the long term section ?

Thanks again - trouble is you can get lost for hours eyeballing them!

Andre

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:07 AM »

Okay, I've put the width at 1250px. Let me know how that works out for you.

I've added another column at the top, put in banners linking to the ASIB and ASIF, and the Slater dedication at the bottom to make it less conspicuous, but there nonetheless.

Thanks for addressing this rather minor issue. The site looks perfect now on my iPad and the width is perfect. Nothing is cut off and there isnt any blank space either.

Really enjoying the improvements to the site so far.

logicmanPatrick

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • The Chatter Box
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2017, 02:52:48 AM »
May I suggest, under the dedication, a link to -

Andrew Slater's Real-Time SNOTEL Snow Data Images

SNOTEL Real-time snow data with hourly maps and climatology charts

http://cires1.colorado.edu/~aslater/SNOW/index.html
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »
I agree with the majority opinion: the changes look great. I predict a ton of new page views for the site this summer; glad to see you gearing up for the crush... ;-)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »
Neven: the Greenland link needs updating to
http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/satimg.uk.php

Thanks, updated now.

May I suggest, under the dedication, a link to -

Andrew Slater's Real-Time SNOTEL Snow Data Images

SNOTEL Real-time snow data with hourly maps and climatology charts

http://cires1.colorado.edu/~aslater/SNOW/index.html

I'll add a link if ever his web pages are taken over by someone (preferably some organisation like the NSIDC). Those snow cover maps, as great as they are, aren't really pertinent to the ASIG.

Looking great - I like the dedication plaque too.  Sadly no further news re Andrew's data pages from NSIDC....

How about linking to the Chartic data?  Available for both Artic/Antarctic and now for Greenland melt rather than the static "Greenland Melt Extent" chart:
http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/greenland-surface-melt-extent-interactive-chart/

I'll try and see if I can fit that in.

Any reason the top right graph on sea ice conc does not show the median limit (red line) although it appears when clicked through?

Only the extent graph shows the median, but I want the top three maps to be sea ice concentration maps.

Any mileage in putting the NSIDC Antarctic concentration map in the middle top space - especially as its so current (& there are other Antarctic links on the page)?

No, it would detract. My first two options are Uni Hamburg AMSR2 or OSISAF. DungeonMaster is helping me with that, but there's plenty of time before the melting season starts.

Anything on the Copernicus charts -or are they for the long term section ?

Unfortunately, I can't hot-link them directly. I'll have another look for the Long-term graphs pages. Probably after the weekend. Updating the Long-term graphs page is a long-term endeavour.

Thanks again - trouble is you can get lost for hours eyeballing them!

Shall I put in some adds for glasses? Or even better, the Bates Method!  8)
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
Any room for Wipneus' global sea ice graph?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
Any room for Wipneus' global sea ice graph?

Shall I put in some adds for glasses? Or even better, the Bates Method!  8)

Look closer, there are two Wipneus global sea ice graphs on the front Daily graphs page.  ;)

DungeonMaster has done his thing, so now we'll have an updated Uni Hamburg 3.125 km resolution sea ice concentration map at the top as well! Couldn't be happier, as it looks awesome. Thank you, DM!

I've also added links to the NSIDC interactive sea ice and GIS surface melt graphs.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

ms

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »
Thankyou for the new look of the graphs pages.

It looks like Wipneus' global sea ice area graph is updating automatically, but the global sea ice extent is not updating. It would be nice to have both update.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
Thanks, ms. While adding the graphs I had a feeling something had gone wrong with the extent graph. Should be fixed now.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2017, 10:21:09 AM »
Quick update: Thanks to the help of DungeonMaster I've been able to add the ASCAT radar map from the METOP satellite to the Sea Ice Thickness, Volume & Age category.

The enemy is within

E. Smith

Jim Williams

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »
I understand about the history and all, but by any chance can you move the Total Precipitable Water to the top of the page?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2017, 12:07:34 AM »
No, sorry, it would screw up the lay-out and other info is more important and Arctic-centric.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

A-Team

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 944
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
Suggest the daily ASCAT link include the msfa-NHe part rather than just be a pointer to a huge huge folder of undescribed miscellany, the bottom of which is the latest 2017 but not the Arctic view.

https://manati.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/ascat_images/ice_image/msfa-NHe-a-2017029.sir.gif versus

https://manati.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/ascat_images/ice_image/  versus

https://manati.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/ascat_images/ice_image/msfa-Wed-a-2017029.sir.gif

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2017, 05:03:28 PM »
Okay, how do I do that?

I think that people who actually go to that folder and are motivated to compare images, are able to figure it out.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Andre

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
Maybe it is just me, but when I try to look at the comparison pages of concentration maps, both the 2016 and 2017 maps are missing and 2015 is always the latest year shown.

In fact, clicking the blank section, which would usually show the current year's concentration map, I get a Not Found error page.

I am not sure, if you are still in the process of updating that part of the website or not but I thought it was worth mentioning. I have always enjoyed being able to compare several years at a glance.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
I noticed this too the other day. Somehow I thought the comparison maps started in April, but March is in there too. I will soon start updating these. Thanks for the heads-up, Andre.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

seaicesailor

« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2017, 01:20:27 PM »
Hey Neven, thee SST page of DMI is now throwing what I believe ice temperatures as well, while the link to ice temps you have does not show an updated map and just links to the DMI in general.
Just in case you want to check it out. I think you can safely throw away the second link and gain some space.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »
Hey Neven, thee SST page of DMI is now throwing what I believe ice temperatures as well, while the link to ice temps you have does not show an updated map and just links to the DMI in general.
Just in case you want to check it out. I think you can safely throw away the second link and gain some space.

Thanks, sis. I had a look at the DMI SST and SST anomaly maps, and something seems off. Perhaps they're changing things again, as the are wont to do when the melting season starts (instead of during the freezing season when it would seem much more logical to change things/experiment). Let's hope they don't touch the SST anomaly maps again. I had to beg and then threaten for weeks before they put it back up again.
----

I have updated the March and April sea ice concentration maps on the ASIG (here's March 25th for example). I have moved 2013 down to the second table with boring years, and updated the link to the Uni Bremen daily AMSR2 SIC map.

I'm going to try and do May and June later this week.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

pauldry600

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • weathergossip
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2017, 11:44:46 PM »
Wondering if theres a slide animation of the uni bremen pink arctic graph or app associated. Thatd be great

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2017, 01:16:37 AM »
Neven

There was an extent graph that Jim Pettit used to provide that showed each year from 1979 forward on a single line, subdivided by color whenever a particular milestone was past, might have been every million sq kilometers?

Haven't seen it recently here or at Jim's site, and I for one thought it a marvelous comparative chart.

Terry

P.S.
Believe that Seke Rob used to do the same for area.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2017, 11:02:20 AM »
Yes, I remember that one, Terry. Indeed, it was a colour for every million km2, and that way you could easily see at what time of year a certain milestone was passed.

I believe Seke Rob doesn't make or update graphs anymore, but I could ask Jim Pettit about it.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »
Neven

There was an extent graph that Jim Pettit used to provide that showed each year from 1979 forward on a single line, subdivided by color whenever a particular milestone was past, might have been every million sq kilometers?

Haven't seen it recently here or at Jim's site, and I for one thought it a marvelous comparative chart.

Terry

P.S.
Believe that Seke Rob used to do the same for area.

That was a great graph, wasn't it? Seke Rob's original was based on IJIS extent; my copy used Cryosphere Today area. I still have all the pieces, and plan to repurpose it for NSIDC extent before the melting starts in earnest; I'll move that up, and try to have it up by this weekend.

Thanks for the reminder... :)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
That'd be great, Jim. Let me know when it's done and I'll try to find room for it on the ASIG front page.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2017, 04:26:16 PM »
Seke Rob's graph for 2012 and before is still available! (And I've missed the updates ever since  :'() (edit:  it looks like he change from [or to] NSIDC to [or from] JAXA data in July 2002.)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:32:11 PM by Tor Bejnar »
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2017, 05:05:35 PM »
Seke Rob's graph for 2012 and before is still available! (And I've missed the updates ever since  :'() (edit:  it looks like he change from [or to] NSIDC to [or from] JAXA data in July 2002.)

Yep, that's the one. I'm updating now, and will make the revision public this afternoon.

RoxTheGeologist

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 188
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2017, 06:22:01 PM »

I have a couple of suggestions to try to improve the graph's visuals....

1)Have a block of colour starting from the maximum day that represents band in which the maximum lay.

2) Colour the 'to min' block with the colour that the minimum block lay.

I know the changes don't strictly fit in with the definition of the colours. However, it might have a stronger visual impact. currently the white 'to min' colour doesn't really show how the minimums are falling with time.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »
Sorry for the extra work my suggestion entailed. This graph has been a favorite of mine since it first appeared & I'm now looking forward to it's return.
Putting numeric data into easily digestible charts is an artform that is nourished here, then the results are picked up and splashed across the web. It's nice to be reading a new, to me, blog and find a familiar graph authored by one of our scientific artists. I won't mention any names because I'm sure to miss someone, but your contributions to a better understanding of climate change reach a wide audience.

Thanks
Terry

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2017, 12:14:43 AM »
Okay, it took a bit longer than I expected--real life kept rudely interrupting--but here's the updated NSIDC version of Seke Rob's extent graph.Note that this is an in-progress version at a temporary URL; I'll have the final version up at its permanent URL tomorrow morning EDT.

@Terry, it wasn't extra work; just something I had intended to get to at some point. So: thanks yo both you and Neven for the kick start... :)

@RoxTheGeologist:  Thanks for the suggestions. I wanted to show colors only for the actual melt season, and coloring in the pre-maximum spaces is confusing, as some years would show not just one color but possibly two. Ditto the final to max, as it wouldn't really reflect days until below  certain breakpoint, but only days below the last break point and the minimum, which has varied (as you can see) from 0 to 39 days. IOW, the current version seems a little cleaner and more intuitive to me. (I may make a version with those filled in so you can see; to me it seems confusing...

Thanks, again, everyone...

RoxTheGeologist

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 188
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2017, 12:25:50 AM »

Jim,

Thank you for completing the data: Yes, I could understand how my suggestion wouldn't work well. Please don't go to the extra work of implementing it!

It's instructive to see the color bands 'leaning' to the left as the maximums decrease and we reach the extent milestones earlier in the year.

Kind regards,

Rox

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:33 AM »
Great job Jim!!!

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2017, 09:02:09 AM »
Jim

Thanks so much!
There is such an amazing amount of comparative data, all made available on a single screen.
As in past years I've put it in a separate tab to update as needed.

One of my all time favorites.

Terry

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2017, 02:29:52 PM »
Thanks for the compliments! The image has been given a permanent URL:

http://iwantsomeproof.com/extimg/sie_nsidc_max_min_plus_step_days.png

You can see it there, or via my climate graphs page

As always, feedback and suggestions are encouraged, even if not every one can be incorporated.

binntho

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 878
  • Likes Given: 235
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
Great graph - but I'm a bit confused about the TO MIN bar at the end, and what the "Days Spent Below 16-3 Million km2" means.

because a thing is eloquently expressed it should not be taken to be as necessarily true
St. Augustine, Confessions V, 6

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
Great graph - but I'm a bit confused about the TO MIN bar at the end, and what the "Days Spent Below 16-3 Million km2" means.

The 'To Min' shows how many days there were between when the last million km2 breakpoint was reached and that year's extent minimum. For instance, was below five million km2 for 15 days before the minimum was reached, while 1990 was below seven million for 39 days. (Again, I didn't wish to color in those 'to-minimum tails as they both cluttered the graph and could confused the user.

"Days spent below" is an awkward way of phrasing, cribbed directly from Seke Rob's original. I've been thinking on this one, and will likely change it soon.

Unmex Chingon

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »

The 'To Min' shows how many days there were between when the last million km2 breakpoint was reached and that year's extent minimum. For instance, was below five million km2 for 15 days before the minimum was reached, while 1990 was below seven million for 39 days. (Again, I didn't wish to color in those 'to-minimum tails as they both cluttered the graph and could confused the user.

"Days spent below" is an awkward way of phrasing, cribbed directly from Seke Rob's original. I've been thinking on this one, and will likely change it soon.

How often do you update the California Drought map?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
Thanks for the graph, Jim! I'm going to replace the Global Sea Ice extent graph with it on the ASIG front page this weekend.

Edit: It has been added.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:00:51 AM by Neven »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2017, 03:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the graph, Jim! I'm going to replace the Global Sea Ice extent graph with it on the ASIG front page this weekend.

Edit: It has been added.

Saw that. Thanks! Can't wait to see what it looks like come September...

How often do you update the California Drought map?

OT, so I'll be very brief: the drought data are updated every Thursday with numbers compiled through the preceding Tuesday.

misfratz

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »

Yes, that's a static image, because I can't hot-link to the DMI Polar Portal graph, because the link changes every day. I talked to them about it two years ago and explained how their website would get more attention if they would let me link to it, but they never changed it.
I've never used google sites (or javascript), so I don't know if this is possible, but in principle it looks like it would be relatively simple to write a short bit of javascript code to generate a link to today's image, where the filename you want to link to has today's date in it.

See for example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32540044/html-display-current-date

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2017, 02:45:14 PM »
US Drought Monitor maps:-

Remember when you look at these maps that in the US drought levels are defined by measurement of soil moisture. Hence much of California was stated to still be in drought when it was raining buckets.

In the UK we tend to use number of days without rainfall to define a drought.

Makes comparisons of little value.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
Re: Updating the ASIG
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
I've added June, July, August, September, October, November to the Concentration Maps segment. So, we're all set for the rest of the melting season and beyond. Happy comparing.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »
thanks Neven :)
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2017, 07:33:25 PM »
I've recently looked at the webcams part of the ASIG. Some of the webcams there are not operational anymore and should be removed.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2017, 09:54:33 PM »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tealight

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • CryosphereComputing
  • Liked: 176
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »
The DMI removed "beta" prefix in the URL of their Greenland Surface Mass Budget. It's now just:
www.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maalinger/greenland-ice-sheet-surface-mass-budget/

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »
Most of the long-term graphs go up to 2015 only.  There's also no graph for the arctic annual maximum extent or area among the long term graphs, although of course this is slightly less of a concern than the minimum.

Dharma Rupa

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 52
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
I know the usage is a bit controversial, but since I tend to keep ASIG as a pinned tab in Chrome, I'd like to see 'target="_blank"' added to all the links.  Half the time I forget to open in new tab, and have to then back and start over in order to have both ASIG and the other site open.  I also occasionally lose ASIG and have to find it in my bookmarks.