Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Updating the ASIG  (Read 55741 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Updating the ASIG
« on: January 04, 2017, 10:40:41 PM »
It's time for another bi-annual update of the Arctic Sea Ice Graphs website. Unfortunately and sadly, I will have to remove Andrew Slater's excellent graphs. As Cryosphere Today's graphs haven't been updated since the problems with DSMP satellite F-17 (and no one has responded to my queries), I will have to remove them too. Furthermore, Climate Reanalyzer have again changed a couple of things on their side, so I need to update the links on the Forecasts page. I'll try and update the Long-term Graphs page as well. I'll probably do the Concentration maps page next month or so, as that is a lot of manual work.

Does anyone know of replacement graphs, or perhaps new graphs altogether? I've seen some precipitable water and vapour stuff pass by on several threads, but never followed them to see if they're useful.

Mind you, I prefer links to graphs that are automatically updated (so they're updated on the ASIG as well), not static images that change extension, as I don't know how to write scripts to automatically update those on the ASIG.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/ideas.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:36:04 PM by Neven »
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 74
Re: I'm updating the ASIG next week. Any tips?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 11:28:46 PM »
I think there is some good stuff at:

https://climate.copernicus.eu/resources/data-analysis/average-surface-air-temperature-analysis/monthly-maps/december-2016

I will ask again about the Slater charts as I got a useful reply last time...

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:54:27 AM »
Glad to hear it, Neven.

I'll take some time over the next few days to be sure the graphs on my site are all updated and ready to go. (I'll even suggest a few newer ones you may have missed.) For the record, my graphs *do* automatically update, so once your page(s) have a proper placeholder, the latest version will always show.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
All of Wip's global graphs if they're not there yet. And Tealight's graphs of cumulative potential albedo-related heat uptake for arctic and antarctic. I can post the link later if needed.
A graph of FDD anomalies is very much needed too, not sure if anyone's maintaining that regularly now.

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 07:51:32 AM »
I think that Tenney had some suggestions some weeks ago?

And: I probably can program a server to catch still pictures from more websites as necessary... And archive them if necessary. We already have this for some images.

And: it would be nice if we can watch the ASIG properly from an iphone - it used to work, then got broken at some time.
This forum helps me to feel less uncomfortable about "doing something" about the melting Arctic and the warming world.

mmghosh

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »
ZLabe?

Tealight

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • CryosphereComputing
  • Liked: 176
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »
And: it would be nice if we can watch the ASIG properly from an iphone - it used to work, then got broken at some time.

I specified the site width on my page with a custom width of 1900px. With this setting all looks great on mobiles. With the default option the right side is cut off like on ASIG.

If you want you can use my concentration maps and graphs.
https://sites.google.com/site/cryospherecomputing/daily-data

I might add new graphs showing the whole year with averages of the 1980s,1990s and 2000s.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 12:40:04 PM »
Thanks, some great tips already. I tried to change the width for mobile use, when someone complained to me about it, but somehow couldn't get it right. I will give it another go.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
How about including a link to the AO blog ?  its produced weekly or fortnightly depending on season), though I don't know if the charts can be accessed separately - the text usually explains them well.  When I have contacted him before I got a good response.

Most recent email from:  jcohen@aer.com,

##
We have updated AER's Arctic Oscillation Forecast and Analysis blog. 
http://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation

I plan on updating the AO blog weekly now through the winter season every Monday.
Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors.  Better yet if you find one please email me!

Regards,
Judah

Judah Cohen, Ph.D.
Director, Seasonal Forecasting
Atmospheric and Environmental Research (AER), a Verisk Analytics Business
131 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421-3126
www.aer.com
##

Bill Fothergill

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2017, 01:24:52 PM »
I know I've suggested this before, but how about NSIDC's BIST tool?

https://nsidc.org/data/bist/bist.pl?config=seaice_index

I normally use it with the main parameters set to show extent, and then have the two columns set to show Arctic and Antarctic respectively. With the number of rows set to 12, it then automatically generates 24 extent trend graphs, one for each month/hemisphere combination.

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 07:22:49 PM »
On the NSIDC site there is the new Chartic version of Greenland melt - it appeared on about the last day of melt in 2016.

jai mitchell

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 207
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 08:39:33 PM »
this is new and it is great to observe movements of tropical moisture into the arctic regions

Haiku of Futures Passed
My "burning embers"
are not tri-color bar graphs
+3C today

Revillo

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 05:23:30 AM »

Mind you, I prefer links to graphs that are automatically updated (so they're updated on the ASIG as well), not static images that change extension, as I don't know how to write scripts to automatically update those on the ASIG.

If you are able to attach javascript files (which should be easy if you can edit the html) I'll happily write the scripts for you for any urls that need to change daily.

Phil.

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 76
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
Given the demise of the CT area following the satellite problem I would definitely like to see Wipneus's version available.

Pmt111500

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 02:56:51 PM »
I don't remember if you have it up alredy but the Greenland melt days graph could be nice. I think it was updated regularly at least during later obama administration.
http://nsidc.org/greenland-today/

anotheramethyst

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 01:18:15 AM »
I just want to say thank you to Neven for creating the page and to everyone contributing graphs for it.  It's one of my favorite places on the web. 

Michael

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »
As Cryosphere Today's graphs haven't been updated since the problems with DSMP satellite F-17 (and no one has responded to my queries), I will have to remove them too.

Cryosphere Today seems to have disappeared completely so wipneus would now appear to be the de facto standard.

epiphyte

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 07:22:11 PM »
Neven - I hope this isn't off-topic, but I wanted to raise awareness of efforts underway to secure the continued availability of archival US Gov't climate data certain going forward. e.g. below is a link to a survey which the upenn ppehlab is using to prioritize targets for their volunteers to vacuum up...

http://www.ppehlab.org/datarefugesurvey

I mention this because many of the resources linked from your ASIG page are probably prime candidates for both the memory-hole and the effort to thwart it.

One other point I'd make is that you probably want to pay extreme attention to the security of your websites going forward - the fact that some of your contributors are starting to get their voices heard widely in the outside world is very likely to attract the attention of people who will seek to silence you with both DDOS and brute-force attacks on your sites. No-one is too small or too moderate to be targeted for this kind of thing... e.g. one small political site in the US to which I'm a regular contributor has come under prolonged and widespread attack - viz:

http://themoderatevoice.com/ex-san-diego-ut-reporters-website-recovering-from-massive-dos-attack/

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 07:17:20 AM »

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 01:35:47 PM »
Long term graph: fig 4 of http://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/8/6/457 for ice age % graph

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »
Okay, the overhaul has started. I have removed all the discontinued stuff from the Daily graphs page, and put in some new stuff, updated links.

I'm still looking for a replacement of the CT sea ice concentration map. I'm thinking Uni Hamburg AMSR-2 3.125km resolution, otherwise OSISAF. Both aren't updated automatically, so maybe DungeonMaster can help me with that.

Unfortunately the AARI sea ice drift maps have disappeared, so I left that one open. Maybe something shows up again, or at some point I will try and decrypt the Cyrillic.

I've decided to dedicate the Daily graphs page to Andrew Slater. I felt bad removing his great graphs, so I wanted to leave some reminder.

Next up is the Forecasts page.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 05:34:37 PM »
Could someone check if the ASIG looks better on mobile now? I could tick a box that I had never seen before.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
Having previous year up alongside current year might be nice but very difficult for some resources.

There might be some where it could be done e.g.

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/plots/meanTarchive/meanT_2016.png
http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/plots/meanTarchive/meanT_2017.png

Is FDD graph running from 1 Sep more intuitively understandable?
Ie this one:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5JYfcI0wFH6bnVUWmFuRVhxWUE/view

solartim27

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »
Could someone check if the ASIG looks better on mobile now? I could tick a box that I had never seen before.
Looking on a Moto X, using chrome,  I see the top two text columns fine.  For the images I see a small preview in the first column, then a cut off full size in the second column, and I can not scroll to the side to see the third.  Clicking a few at random took me to the correct links. 

On a tablet all images are the same size, but third column is cut off and I can't scroll over.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:13:08 PM by solartim27 »
FNORD

wehappyfew

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:23 PM »

Still looks the same on a very old iPad... first 2 columns of images visible, 3rd about half visible... so still functional enough, can still click on the 3rd column images to see source.

To make it better, it needs to be draggable to slide over to see the full 3rd column.

On all devices...  15th row, 3rd column image is not showing up, clicking through goes to a russian site, not clear what is supposed to be shown there.
"If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken" - Carl Sagan

magnamentis

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2017, 06:34:32 PM »

hi,

great job first of all on the ASIG page

as to mobile browsing it works quite well on chrome but not that well on other browsers like dolphin that's one of the few if not the only one with flash still running (together with a plugin ) thing is that one can't scroll to the side on those while chrome will just make one pic smaller to show the entire content.

i attached a few shots to illustrate.

Below you find 4 images from chrome browser on Nexus 6

and further down a post with one image from dolphin browser (no side scrolling hence pics on the right are not possible to view )
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:37:25 PM by magnamentis »

magnamentis

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »
dolphin browser on Nexus 6 with Resurrection Remix custom ROM, Pitch Black themed and ElementalX Kernel latest version on a slightly 430 DPI. This just in case that someone else gets a better or worse result to find out about possilbe variables.

wehappyfew

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 07:04:15 PM »
Another website full of great charts, I just saw this on another forum:

http://www.climate4you.com/index.htm

Specifically, the circum Arctic ARGO temperature data ...  http://www.climate4you.com/images/ArgoCircumArcticSince200401%2055N-65N.gif

the heat content for various regions of the world, including some very important sectors near the Arctic:

http://www.climate4you.com/images/NODC%20BarentsSeaOceanicHeatContent0-700mSince1955%20With37monthRunningAverage.gif

... and many more.

Table of contents with links to a very long list of very informative charts... which may be a better fit for the long term trends tab of the ASI Graphs page:

http://www.climate4you.com/SeaTemperatures.htm
"If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken" - Carl Sagan

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 07:42:22 PM »

On all devices...  15th row, 3rd column image is not showing up, clicking through goes to a russian site, not clear what is supposed to be shown there.

Supposed to be that russian site but link should be changed to
http://www.aari.ru/projects/ecimo/index.php?im=100

not sure if there is a static latest image anymore.

Displaying
http://www.aari.ru/resources/d0015/arctic/gif.ru/2017/20170103.gif
and
http://www.aari.ru/resources/d0015/arctic/gif.ru/2016/20160105.gif
and updating dates each 7 days might be tricky?

(edit and a drop down box to change the comparison image to yesterday/last week/last month/last year (or any date as desired by user) would presumably be even trickier to do.)

Edit 2 oops sorry Neven yes that is already there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:04:03 PM by crandles »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:32 PM »
That's the AARI ice age map which is in the Sea ice thickness, volume and age segment (courtesy of DungeonMaster). What I need, is the AARI ice drift map. If it still exists (I'm not sure).

I'm also not sure suddenly about that dedication to Andrew Slater. It felt right when I put it up, but maybe it distracts from the purpose of the ASIG.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:38 PM »
As for the mobile stuff (I don't have one, so I can't check).

I specified the site width on my page with a custom width of 1900px. With this setting all looks great on mobiles. With the default option the right side is cut off like on ASIG.

I fiddled around with the HTML several times, when I would receive complaints, trying to get a scroll bar at the bottom, etc, but to no avail. I will have another look, but if someone has a tip that is not too complex, I'd be grateful.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 08:05:27 PM »
Another website full of great charts, I just saw this on another forum:

... and many more.

Table of contents with links to a very long list of very informative charts... which may be a better fit for the long term trends tab of the ASI Graphs page:

http://www.climate4you.com/SeaTemperatures.htm

Although I'm not against using climate risk denier resources per se (I have some Bob Tisdale stuff on the long-term graphs page), I never seemed to find suitable stuff on Climate4you. I'll have another look when updating the long-term graphs page later this week.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tealight

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • CryosphereComputing
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:53 PM »
As for the mobile stuff (I don't have one, so I can't check).

I fiddled around with the HTML several times, when I would receive complaints, trying to get a scroll bar at the bottom, etc, but to no avail. I will have another look, but if someone has a tip that is not too complex, I'd be grateful.

What do mean by "trying to get a scroll bar at the bottom". On mobile there isn't an actual scroll bar.   You navigate the site by swiping the screen with your fingers. If the whole site content doesn't fit on the screen then a tiny scroll bar appears automatically as a visual indicator, but its non interactive. I don't see a lot of other option under site layout.

I only looked at my website on mobile with Chrome. Does it create problems with other browsers?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 09:27:17 PM »
Thanks for that image, Tealight! Now I've finally found where I could set the width. I've also put it at 1900px.

I hope this helps for mobile users. Otherwise I would recommend to buy a second smart phone, and hold them next to each other.  ;)
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 09:30:23 PM »
... I'm also not sure suddenly about that dedication to Andrew Slater. It felt right when I put it up, but maybe it distracts from the purpose of the ASIG.
The sentiment seems fine to me.  The picture size is okay, but the words might be too large - maybe something like the attached with wide white buffer between the green box, like the one around the Climate Reanalyzer might work.  I like that it links to the In Memoriam post.  (My green is off and you can see the old words in the back, etc....)

PS a reasonable obituary for Dr. Slater can be found here.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:39:43 PM by Tor Bejnar »
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Sebastian

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 10:00:03 PM »
For the issue with mobile:

I'm not sure how you edit the page, but in the html I could find a table below the element "sites-canvas-main-content". This table is of class "sites-layout-hbox". I think chaning this to "sites-layout-hbox-flexible" could bring scrolling back.

I couldn't test it on a mobile device, but it worked on a windowed firefox when altering the page with the F12 developer tools.

A-Team

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 944
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 11:08:48 PM »
I'm also not sure suddenly about that dedication to Andrew Slater.
I dunno about singling out one person. There are fatalities every year, most recently crevasse incidents in Antarctica.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35299065 David Wood

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/10/24/climate-scientist-gordon-hamilton-50-dies-in-accident-in-antarctica/ Gordon Hamilton

anotheramethyst

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 11:15:23 PM »
I think the dedication is very nice, and I don't think anyone would take issue with it (and if they do, they're heartless bastards lol!!)  I tried to test the site on my mobile but my phone is very crashy and wouldn't behave itself.  Don't worry that has nothing to do with your site and everything to do with me not wanting to buy a new phone until the old one is completely broken :)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 11:21:48 PM »
I'm also not sure suddenly about that dedication to Andrew Slater.
I dunno about singling out one person. There are fatalities every year, most recently crevasse incidents in Antarctica.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35299065 David Wood

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2016/10/24/climate-scientist-gordon-hamilton-50-dies-in-accident-in-antarctica/ Gordon Hamilton
Yes, but Slater was putting out stuff pro bono. The temperature graphs, the FDD graphs, the sea ice concentration comparison maps, the snow cover graphs, his forecast model, etc. He didn't sit on it for some paper, or because he got funded for it. He just put it out there, to everyone's profit. That's why I was struck by his demise as much as I was. And also because I had a feeling he had the talent and the right age to do something worthwhile with regards to Arctic sea ice.

But maybe I'm projecting here.  ;)

Anyway, good idea, Tor, to make it smaller. I'll fiddle some more with it.

For the issue with mobile:

I'm not sure how you edit the page, but in the html I could find a table below the element "sites-canvas-main-content". This table is of class "sites-layout-hbox". I think chaning this to "sites-layout-hbox-flexible" could bring scrolling back.

I couldn't test it on a mobile device, but it worked on a windowed firefox when altering the page with the F12 developer tools.
Thanks, Sebastian. I can change the HTML of the page proper, but not the deeper Googlesite layer, I suspect.

It seems that when I do the Edit Site Layout thing and put it to 1900px, it doesn't get saved. Hmmmm....
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tealight

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • CryosphereComputing
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 12:02:08 AM »
It seems that when I do the Edit Site Layout thing and put it to 1900px, it doesn't get saved. Hmmmm....

After typing 1900px click on the dot next to custom or the word custom itself. Then the site should save the setting. It took me a while to figure that out when i created my site  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 12:40:47 AM by Tealight »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 12:37:21 AM »
After typing 1900px click on the dot next to custom or the word custom itself. Then the site should save the setting. I took me a while to figure that out when i created my site  ;)

Jesus, what is this? Rubik's Cube? Am I trying to find the stone in the wall to open the pyramid crypt?  :D

Thanks, Tealight, I hope this solves the mobile issue once and for all.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tealight

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • CryosphereComputing
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:34 AM »
Jesus, what is this? Rubik's Cube? Am I trying to find the stone in the wall to open the pyramid crypt?  :D

Thanks, Tealight, I hope this solves the mobile issue once and for all.

Yes it is a point and click puzzle game, not an intuitive UI to design websites. Your expectations are just wrong.  ;D

For me it finally works on mobile.

wehappyfew

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »
Works for me too! (on an iPad)

What a great example of the tremendous collective intelligence, knowledge and wisdom available on this site.

Thanks Neven, you're a treasure!!!

Andre

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 03:04:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for your inputs and I am particularly happy to report that the site now finally works for me on my mobile device (iPad) as well.

In fact, the width is now so much greater than the actually images that about a third of the page on the right is just blank. Not trying to be fussy but unless some additional columns are meant to be added later, the current width could even be reduced to minimize the blank space.

Thanks for your updates to the site Neven and all th etime and effort you have invested in it over the years.

Edit:

I noticed the middle image in the 4th row has a dead link to: https://nsidc.org/data-set-404

magnamentis

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »
Thanks everyone for your inputs and I am particularly happy to report that the site now finally works for me on my mobile device (iPad) as well.

In fact, the width is now so much greater than the actually images that about a third of the page on the right is just blank. Not trying to be fussy but unless some additional columns are meant to be added later, the current width could even be reduced to minimize the blank space.

Thanks for your updates to the site Neven and all th etime and effort you have invested in it over the years.

Edit:

I noticed the middle image in the 4th row has a dead link to: https://nsidc.org/data-set-404

display resuolutions vary widely and that of an iphone is in the upper echelon, hence for displays with significant resolutions that is the majority it might be just right.

unfortunately i can't test since all my mobile devices are high to very high res.

seaicesailor

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 07:54:20 PM »
Neven, very humbly may I ask you include Tealights plot of FDD that starts counting in September rather than January? In any case, great job to the two of you and thanks for your graph pages.
PS. Albedo plots will be very requested later on, but one can always bookmark one page more I guess...

sesyf

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 08:48:01 PM »
Splendid! Thank you Neven for your perseverance!

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 09:13:04 PM »
Glad to hear it's finally working on mobile! Sorry for taking so long to get it right!

Neven, very humbly may I ask you include Tealights plot of FDD that starts counting in September rather than January? In any case, great job to the two of you and thanks for your graph pages.
PS. Albedo plots will be very requested later on, but one can always bookmark one page more I guess...

Done, sorry for not paying attention. The albedo plots are at the bottom (Miscellaneous) for now, but I'll be doing another update during the melting season, and perhaps move them up. Thing is: they don't really fit in any category. So maybe they'll get a category of their own. I'll decide that next time.

Okay, now for that Forecast page (those Climate Reanalyzer guys keep changing things, also screwing up the templates for my animations).
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 09:57:20 PM »

Okay, I've put the width at 1250px. Let me know how that works out for you.

I've added another column at the top, put in banners linking to the ASIB and ASIF, and the Slater dedication at the bottom to make it less conspicuous, but there nonetheless.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »
It was a bit of a PITA, but the Forecasts page is now updated as well.

Also had to get rid of all the CT regional graphs on the Regional graphs page:'(

All is left now, is Long-term graphs page. Perhaps Webcams, but they're in a sorry state anyhow.
The enemy is within

E. Smith