Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Trump facts, fiction, fantasies, and fallout  (Read 2230 times)

Dundee

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 0
Trump facts, fiction, fantasies, and fallout
« on: January 31, 2017, 01:26:04 AM »
Three weeks ago the Central Oregonian (a small town newspaper in a region across the Cascades from Portland and about as seriously behind trump as they come) published a rather plaintive editorial.

http://www.pamplinmedia.com/ceo/163-opinion/339556-219553-it-is-time-for-our-future-president-to-exit-campaign-mode-and-lead-the-country

As we near the inauguration of Donald Trump, let's hope the future president can extract himself from the political campaign world and project himself fully into presidential mode at least by Jan. 20.  . . .
. . . The world is heated and angry enough; division has caused too much pain and heartbreak in our nation. Trump's political enemies will not disappear on Jan. 20, but on that day, Trump will become president. The time for Trump sweating the small stuff — like the whims of an actor or comedian — will be over. Hopefully, his days of tweeting personal attacks will be as well.

in his first week in office, it appears Trump is still Trump (and still  tweeting personal attacks,  sweating the small stuff and causing pain and heartbreak).

Unfortunately, nobody gets to withdraw their votes now, and small town America (largely responsible for the Electoral College victory) will have to live with precisely the guy they thought was so entertaining last fall.

magnamentis

Re: Trump facts, fiction, fantasies, and fallout
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:03 AM »
i propose to merg this thread with the existing one ( there are even two, hence the most active and/or more general one )

it's for simple convenience, because i just wanted to post an image (for fun) and was pondering over which of the two and now it are 3 and i don't see anything in here that wouldn't have fit into one of the other two.

no offend meant, call me lazy LOL

@Neven

Pmt111500

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:07:39 AM »
Has someone already estimated how many Drumbkopf voters lost their health care?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1337
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 06:43:20 PM »
i propose to merg this thread with the existing one ( there are even two, hence the most active and/or more general one )

Yes, you're right. There's one thread specific to the effect of the Trump Administration on science, and one to discuss the rest (here).

That should be enough to handle all the Trump hysteria (which he then uses to do other stuff, or make the deal he was after from the get go).

So, go there, folks.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith