Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1120667 times)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
Re: Russiagate
« Reply #850 on: July 14, 2017, 03:26:29 AM »
drip, drip, drip:

Title: “The Russia Conspiracy Goes to Court”

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/07/democrats_are_suing_the_trump_campaign_for_leaking_their_emails_will_they.html

Extract: “Three Democrats are suing the Trump campaign for working with the Russians to leak their emails. Will they win?

In the end, everything will depend on whether a federal judge determines the facts as alleged are sufficiently “plausible” to allow discovery. While nothing that happens in Trumpland feels remotely believable anymore, pretty much anything feels plausible at this point. If the facts alleged in this complaint seem plausible enough, we’ll start learning a whole lot more about Donald Trump and his campaign.”

See also:

Title: "Kushner revises security documents, adding more than 100 names"

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/kushner-revises-security-documents-adding-more-than-100-names-996469315539
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #851 on: July 14, 2017, 03:45:11 AM »
As noted above by ASLR....investigators at McClatchy are looking into the targeting of the IT operations of the Trump campaign.  Yesterday.....I noted that the FBI would like to talk with Trumps IT folks during the campaign. 

Robert Palmer reported tonight that Brad P....the Trump campaign IT person is moving from San Antonio, Texas. .....because airport access is much easier for clients flying in.

As Palmer noted....this is odd for a couple of reasons.  For instance...why did he move to San Antonio in the first place?  It is well known that San Antonio is not a major hub.  Why didn't he move to Dallas or Houston?  It is interesting that Brad chose to move to Miami...about 1 hour from Mar a Lago.

Brad....I have some bad news for you:

1). The FBI will be on you like white on rice.  In fact...I have no doubt they have already been on you like a glove.

2). Whatever stupid thoughts you have about trying to protect Donnie....forget them NOW.  You were just a tool for Donnie....he doesn't care about you at all.

3). You need to be concerned with saving YOUR ASS.  Because it is now in legal danger.

Tick...tick....tick...  Do the right thing for you.

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Martin Gisser

« Reply #852 on: July 14, 2017, 05:09:23 AM »
I just wondered if 'dealings with Russia' was referring to something other than the uranium deal.
Please forget about this uranium thing. It was already stale old smear when Trump and Fox News recycled it 2016. To check such stories, check for Peter Schweizer. (Who has help from Bannon, the Mercers, the Kochs...) E.g. a NYTimes story quoting Schweizer should be immediately dismissed before wasting any neurons...

Twenty-Plus Errors, Fabrications, And Distortions In Peter Schweizer's Clinton Cash
https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2015/04/30/twenty-plus-errors-fabrications-and-distortions/203480

Fox Hosts Author Of Error-Filled Book Clinton Cash To Recycle Debunked Smears About Hillary Clinton
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2016/05/23/fox-hosts-author-error-filled-book-clinton-cash-recycle-debunked-smears-about-hillary-clinton/210532

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 14, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
More unwinding today.  Donnie is going to get fried...and Mikey will be dessert.  When you look at the clinical explation of what a sociopath is....and what a sociopath does...Donnie continues to act and do as expected.

The next few weeks will show full blown hell in the White House.  This thing is unraveling QUICKLY.

You're going to have many bankruptcy's in the coming couple of years coming out of this.  Anyone who wants a good deal on a commercial building with the address of 666 (sign of the devil) will be able to pick it up on the cheap.  And yes....it really is 666.  Quite appropriate.

Amazing.... This weekend will have a lot of Trump staff in full blown despair.

Just as a reminder....FOX has been lying all along on this.  Sean Hannity has been lying on this.  Eric Bolling has been lying on this.  Judge "Jeanine" has been lying on this.  Brit Humme has been lying on this.  Maybe FOX can move their corporate headquarters to Moscow.

Just a nice friendly F#CK YOU FOX.  You are a discrace....and I would like to see Sean Hannity rot in prison for lying to the American public.  Not just on this issue....  He has lied about global warming for decades.  F#CK YOU SEAN.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:10:51 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »
Brad Parscale:

Your time is running out.....you need to get on the phone with the local FBI office and come clean.  That light at the end of the tunnel is not sunlight with Donnie.  IT IS A TRAIN....and it is heading right for you.

The Trump data mining team is in BIG... BIG TROUBLE.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: July 14, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »
Three or four weeks ago...on this thread...I said we were now down to #4 in the "batting order" of who will eventually become president:  Donnie, Mikey, Paul Ryan.....all having eliminated themselves via the RussiaGate investigation.  Paul isn't likely to be such a "slam dunk" as the first two...but I still think there is right now about a 60 - 70% chance that he is toast as well.  I think his involvement may come under closer scrutiny in coming weeks and months as this ball of yarn continues to unwind.

Keep in mind that Oren Hatch....who is now hitting 4th in the batting order may NOT run for re-election.  Also.....the timing of what happens WHEN could change things around quite a bit.  You can bet that there will be interesting conversations between Robert Muller and New York AG.  What charges is the New York AG looking at with the Trump clan?  Is the New York's AG's case solid?  Are the Feds going to try and get Donnie out of office FIRST so he cant give pardons to everyone on the FEDERAL charges?

There are a lot of moving parts...

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 14, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »
As Sargent Friday on the American 1960's TV cop show "Dragnet" would say: "Just the facts."

"Former Soviet Counterintelligence Officer at Meeting With Donald Trump Jr. and Russian Lawyer"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/russian-lawyer-brought-ex-soviet-counter-intelligence-officer-trump-team-n782851

Extract: "The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. and others on the Trump team after a promise of compromising material on Hillary Clinton was accompanied by a Russian-American lobbyist — a former Soviet counterintelligence officer who is suspected by some U.S. officials of having ongoing ties to Russian intelligence, NBC News has learned.

The lobbyist, who denies any current ties to Russian spy agencies, accompanied the lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, to the June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower attended by Donald Trump Jr.; Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law; and Paul Manafort, former chairman of the Trump campaign.

The Russian-born American lobbyist served in the Soviet military and emigrated to the U.S., where he holds dual citizenship.
The presence at the meeting of a Russian-American with suspected intelligence ties is likely to be of interest to special counsel Robert Mueller and the House and Senate panels investigating the Russian election interference campaign. "

P.S. Sargent Joe Friday looks a little bit like Special Counsel Bob Mueller.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:32:46 PM by AbruptSLR »
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 14, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »
Here is a nice summary of recent Russiagate events (for those who missed some details):

"A White House in crisis "

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/more-russia-revelations-thrust-white-house-renewed-crisis-n782876

Extract: "Who knew that the New York Times’ original scoop from Saturday — that a Kremlin-linked lawyer met with the Trump campaign in June 2016 — would turn into a full-blown Category 5 crisis for the Trump White House? But six days later, here we are. Consider the developments over the last 12 hours:

•   NBC News reports that an additional person attended that June 9, 2016 meeting — a Russian-American lobbyist who was a former Soviet counterintelligence officer (more on that below).
•   Politico says that Jared Kushner is complaining about how the White House communications team is responding to this Russia story. "Four White House officials and two outside advisers say Kushner wants the White House to more aggressively push out surrogates and talking points to change the narrative around the latest twist in the Russia scandal."
•   The Washington Post writes that there are “tensions” between Trump’s and Kushner’s legal teams, with the lingering question of who is going to pay for all the legal fees.
•   ProPublica has the goods on Trump’s main outside lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, threatening a stranger who criticized him (Kasowitz later apologized).
•   And to top it all off, the 81-year-old GOP operative who was hunting for Hillary Clinton’s emails from Russian hackers reportedly committed suicide, per the Chicago Tribune."
― Leon C. Megginson

Martin Gisser

« Reply #858 on: July 14, 2017, 05:49:55 PM »
Had a deja vu on Facebook this night. Maybe it was just a dozen nutty Trumplins overwhelming a comment thread. But it felt like last year: Are Trumputin's trolls and bots rising again?

Right now on Twitter:
The pound puppies try to hack into all of Louise's followers accounts. Set up 2FV and keep changing your password.
https://twitter.com/emilybaby420/status/885881430387159040

Louise Mensch contends:
I can report as fact Trump called in to a meeting discussing treason with Russians in Trump Tower and the USIC has him on tape 1/2
https://mobile.twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/885869233632145411
No 2/2 yet.

----------
Yet another gem from TRMS:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/russian-2016-online-propaganda-likely-needed-american-guidance-996851779548
"Michael Carpenter, former deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Russia, Ukraine, and Eurasia, talks with Rachel Maddow about why Russia would have needed American help in implementing tailored online propaganda to interfere in the 2016 U.S. election."

More from him in today's show.

P.S.:
Tea Pain tweets:
Putin's troll farms have switched to "extra naughty" mode.
https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/885887598954250240
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:59:10 PM by Martin Gisser »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #859 on: July 14, 2017, 07:13:56 PM »
I have to ask how this compares to a candidate hiring a foreign ex intelligence officer specifically to dig up dirt on an opposing candidate, paying him for his labors & disseminating his report prior to the election?
I refer of course to ex MI5 agent Steele.

Terry

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 14, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »
I have to ask how this compares to a candidate hiring a foreign ex intelligence officer specifically to dig up dirt on an opposing candidate, paying him for his labors & disseminating his report prior to the election?

As noted in the linked article, the lobbyist's presence at the meeting underscores the potential for closer links to the Kremlin, while the same cannot be said about Steele.

"U.S. officials probing Russian lobbyist who met Trump team "

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/14/russia-lobbyist-rinat-akhmetshin-us-investigation-240562

Extract: "His attendance, which several officials said they learned about from reporters, underscored concerns that the meeting may have been more closely directed by the Kremlin than its attendees have publicly suggested."
― Leon C. Megginson

Mozi

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #861 on: July 14, 2017, 07:33:40 PM »

Terry

If you will recall, said report was commissioned by one of Trump's (Republican) primary opponents, and that the report was not disseminated because it could not be verified. Steele himself was disturbed by his findings and its eventual release was due to his efforts after not being able to persuade anybody else (including the Clinton camp) to use it themselves.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 14, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »
Brad Parscale.... Miami FBI field office phone number is below.  I think you should give them a ring.

754-703-2000
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:27:08 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 14, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »
🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Something tells me there is blood in the water....

And yet....here is a picture of some Republican Congressmen.  They see nothing wrong.
🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:55:43 PM by Buddy »

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #864 on: July 15, 2017, 02:09:07 AM »

Terry

US election law states that a *campaign* cannot solicit, accept, or receive a *contribution* from a foreign national, whehter cash or "in-kind" contribution, which is anything of value.
Purchasing goods or services from foreign nationals is perfectly fine, at fair market value.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 15, 2017, 04:31:44 AM »

Terry

US election law states that a *campaign* cannot solicit, accept, or receive a *contribution* from a foreign national, whehter cash or "in-kind" contribution, which is anything of value.
Purchasing goods or services from foreign nationals is perfectly fine, at fair market value.

Interesting. Would I be correct in assuming that it would then be legal to examine a product prior to negotiating a purchase? How about accepting a free demonstration of a service being offered for sale? Both of the above might constitute part of a bartering process to determine the fair market value of such goods or services, which might,or might not result in a sale.

I wonder if a similar law exists in Canada. Our Liberal Parties, both on the Provincial and Federal level, most certainly received software and updates from the American Democratic party. My understanding is that our Conservative parties received comparable software, but I didn't personally see or use the conservative version.

One final question, since you seem to be an authority on the subject.
Is there a reciprocal law in place that makes it illegal for an American national to "*campaign* , solicit, accept, or donate a *contribution* to a foreign campaign? I'm well aware of numerous instances where Americans have run campaigns in many foreign arenas, and assume they were well paid for their efforts. If someone were being paid by say The Voice of America, to sway a foreign electorate in a certain direction, would he, or the beneficiary of his influence be guilty? how about the American beneficiary of say a Canadian broadcast that warned the American electorate against a particular American candidate?, possibly by exposing his opponent's foibles?

Very tangled webs.
Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 15, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »
Now "the grind" begins.  Even though Trump and KellyAnne will continue to deny and make up stories of innocence....which will eventually turn into stories of "it really doesn't matter", and a storyline of "the economy is doing so well people don't care what we did with the Russians"....the grind of SLOWLY pulling his approval ratings lower will continue.

I have a feeling we have just begun to see just how crazy Donnie can be.  And he is surrounded by a band of incompetents who appear to be ready and eager to follow him wherever he leads them.

How many crazies in the House and Senate will accept his behavior over the coming year?  More beer and popcorn is needed...🍿🍺

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 15, 2017, 05:47:00 PM »
Now "the grind" begins.  Even though Trump and KellyAnne will continue to deny and make up stories of innocence....which will eventually turn into stories of "it really doesn't matter", and a storyline of "the economy is doing so well people don't care what we did with the Russians"....the grind of SLOWLY pulling his approval ratings lower will continue.

Personally, I think that a slow sustained 'grind' until 2018 is the best prescription that the Democrats can hope for to increase their odds of re-capturing Congress in the mid-term elections.
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 15, 2017, 07:19:52 PM »

Personally, I think that a slow sustained 'grind' until 2018 is the best prescription that the Democrats can hope for to increase their odds of re-capturing Congress in the mid-term elections.

I'm in agreement. Remember to keep the Republicans in the headlights, that's who you're running against in 2018. Bubba doesn't care about Russia, he wants the factory to start calling back those they laid off.

Terry

Laura Derrick

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #869 on: July 15, 2017, 07:22:45 PM »

I wonder if a similar law exists in Canada. Our Liberal Parties, both on the Provincial and Federal level, most certainly received software and updates from the American Democratic party. My understanding is that our Conservative parties received comparable software, but I didn't personally see or use the conservative version.

Terry

The US Democratic Party doesn't own the software platforms it uses. It contracts with NGP VAN, Blue State Digital, and other companies that have developed the software. Those companies also contract with many other entities, and it's possible Canadian parties were among their clients.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: July 15, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »
The linked article makes the case that the Democrats need to retake as many state Governors seats as possible in 2018 in order to better fight gerrymandering.  I note that the main point of Russiagate is not to attack Russia, but to resist those (particularly the GOP) who seek to suppress democracy:

“Democrats Better Focus on the Races That Matter in '18 or We Will Have Another Decade of Right-Wing Extremists in Charge”

http://www.alternet.org/election-03918/democrats-who-dont-want-live-republican-extremists-another-decade-need-focus-2018

Extract: “Retaking the House in 2018 slows the GOP. Only governors can stop GOP gerrymanders and political monopolies through 2031.

You persuasively argue that the races that matter in 2018 are the governors’ races in super-majority red states, not control of the U.S. House, because you need a seat at the table to veto the next bad maps that otherwise would last for the next 10 years. Does anybody take that seriously enough?

The 2016 election ought to teach us all to be careful about our predictions. I'm not going to say it's impossible to take back the House in 2018, but it's extraordinarily uphill. Deeply unlikely and in the end, it's not that meaningful.”
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 15, 2017, 09:32:24 PM »

Terry

The US Democratic Party doesn't own the software platforms it uses. It contracts with NGP VAN, Blue State Digital, and other companies that have developed the software. Those companies also contract with many other entities, and it's possible Canadian parties were among their clients.

The local Liberal candidates were informed that the software they was using was gifted by the Democratic Party. It's been a fair time now & I don't personally recall any logos or other markings that might have indicated who developed, or had purchased the product. Frankly I wasn't interested.
It was a huge database management suite, far superior to any of the packages that I'd had a hand in developing for business use in the States.

I believe the Republican's disseminate their intellectual property through the International Democrat Union, an entity set up by Reagan and Thatcher back in the 80's that few right wingers even acknowledge the existence of. Wikipedia still has it's uses and names all the political parties world wide that are involved with the IDU.

Terry

Laura Derrick

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #872 on: July 15, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »

The local Liberal candidates were informed that the software they was using was gifted by the Democratic Party. It's been a fair time now & I don't personally recall any logos or other markings that might have indicated who developed, or had purchased the product. Frankly I wasn't interested.
It was a huge database management suite, far superior to any of the packages that I'd had a hand in developing for business use in the States.

Terry

Sounds like it was NGPVAN. The DNC is by far their biggest client, and it's used by most Democratic campaigns, but it's not in any way owned by - or free to be gifted by - the Democratic party. Campaigns and parties have to pay NGPVAN directly for the use of it.
https://www.ngpvan.com/about

Same with Blue State Digital (BSD), which is the back end of many Democratic websites.

The Obama campaign developed some of its own apps/platforms (in addition to NGPVAN and BSD), but those were owned by that particular campaign and not given or sold to anyone else.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #873 on: July 16, 2017, 05:25:11 AM »
Grab your popcorn. Seems this week will have a bombshell or two...

"Obama" didn't "tapp" Trump's phone - they hacked Manafort's and allegedly caught the Donald red-handed...

Louise  Mensch:
Sources with links to the intelligence community and the justice department report that Donald Trump himself is on tape calling in to a meeting at Trump Tower, where collusion with Russians was discussed.

Sources could not confirm, however, that the meeting where collusion in the election was discussed was the one at which his son, Donald J Trump Jr, recently admitted to conspiring with Russians to hack the election.

They pointed out that there was more than one meeting at Trump Tower where attacking the integrity of the US election was discussed by Trump campaign officials and representatives of the Russian government.

The source of the recording of Mr. Trump was his campaign chairman Paul Manafort [...]. His phone had been legally hacked by the United States intelligence community under an SS7 exploit and turned into a ‘hot mike’ where he was, unbeknownst to him, recording all those with whom he was speaking.

https://patribotics.blog/2017/07/15/exclusive-donald-trump-called-into-a-trump-tower-russian-spy-meeting/

Claude Taylor tweets:
Multiple sources tell me WaPo, The NY Times & a news network all are working on stories that will show addtl evidence of Trump collusion.
12:12 AM · Jul 16, 2017
https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/886347847398019072

Tracie tweets:
I try to fly under the radar with #TeamPatriot, but here is something confirmed that u can take to the bank: Schneiderman has got him.
(Oops, tab with URL closed)
Referring to this story by Louise:
We have New York State Attorney Eric Schneiderman to thank for the genesis of the sealed indictment against Donald Trump currently being held in the Eastern District of Virginia, which has formed the basis of the case of impeachment already begun against him. This is how that happened:
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/29/donald-trump-sealed-indictment-started-with-eric-schneiderman/

Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) warned on Saturday that he would file articles of impeachment against President Trump should the GOP-led House Judiciary Committee not act on ones already filed alleging obstruction of justice.
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/342180-dems-warns-of-additional-articles-of-impeachment-against-trump

---------
And for amusement:
I am hearing chatter, won't go as far as to say properly sourced, but chatter, that the Trump pee tape was made in Florida with Epstein.
https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/886307808270065664
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Epstein

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 05:39:49 AM by Martin Gisser »

Hefaistos

« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
Scott Ritter was a UN weapons inspector in Iraq, in vain searching for the non-existant weapons of mass destruction (WMD), working together with Hans Blix. He was very critical to the demagogics of WMD policies (Bush et al), for which he got harsh criticism from the political establishment. Eventually, he became a popular antiwar figure as a result of his stance, and later of  course proven to be correct.
Now he has a critical analysis of how the National Intelligence Community has worked with Russiagate, seemingly repeating the same kind of mistakes that were made reg. WMD in Iraq.

"The decision by Brennan early on in the process to create a special task force sequestered from the rest of the intelligence community ensured that whatever product it finally produced would neither draw upon the collection and analytical resources available to the totality of the national intelligence community, nor represent the considered judgment of the entire community — simply put, the Russia NIA lacked the kind of community cohesiveness that gives national estimates and assessments such gravitas.

The over reliance on a single foreign source of intelligence likewise put Brennan and his task force on the path of repeating the same mistake made in the run-up to the Iraq War, where the intelligence community based so much of its assessment on a fundamentally flawed foreign intelligence source — “Curveball.”... The approach taken by Brennan’s task force in assessing Russia and its president seems eerily reminiscent of the analytical blinders that hampered the U.S. intelligence community when it came to assessing the objectives and intent of Saddam Hussein and his inner leadership regarding weapons of mass destruction."

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/07/16/russia-gate-report-ignored-iraq-wmd-lessons/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Ritter

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #875 on: July 16, 2017, 09:34:45 PM »
Let me see, Trump met with Russians who promised him dirt, Trump wins, then Trump fires the director of the FBI investigating the meetings and then says the Russians were not hacking and we should work with them in an international cybersecurity task force.

Yeah, just like Iraq.
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 17, 2017, 04:14:06 AM »
Knowing who to investigate can help turn-up facts faster:

Title: “A Russian Developer Helps Out the Kremlin on Occasion. Was He a Conduit to Trump?”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-russian-developer-helps-out-the-kremlin-on-occasion-was-he-a-conduit-to-trump/ar-BBEyhOT

Extract: “Mr. Agalarov, 61, also worked on a project with a future president, Donald J. Trump. Last week, the Russian developer and his crooner son and heir, Emin, were thrust into the swirl of speculation about whether the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin to influence the 2016 election.

Their names popped up in emails about arranging a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and a Russian lawyer who claimed to have incriminating information about Hillary Clinton, but the president and his son have both insisted that nothing of value was provided.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2017, 04:18:31 AM »
It is painful to realize how incompetent Team Trump is when they make statements that are easily refuted:

“U.S. Secret Service denies vetting Don Jr.’s meeting after false suggestion by Trump’s lawyer”

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/16/u-s-secret-service-denies-vetting-don-jr-s-meeting-after-false-suggestion-by-trumps-lawyer/

Extract: “The U.S. Secret Service denied the bizarre suggestion made by Jay Sekulow, a member of President Donald Trump’s legal team, that the agency vetted the meeting between Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer in June 2016, according to Reuters.”
― Leon C. Megginson

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #878 on: July 17, 2017, 05:41:41 AM »
As sad as this chapter in American history (with Trump as President) has been, it has produced a fair amount of bizarre comic relief.

BudM

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:15 PM »
As a note of clarification......when I have said, over the past several months, that "Donnie wants what Vladimir has"......I mean that QUITE LITERALLY.  I don't mean that in a figurative way.  He wants in the US.....what Vladimir has in Russia.

And he will try anything to achieve that end.  Watch him closely over the coming WEEKS/DAYS.....

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 18, 2017, 12:42:44 AM »
The linked Slate article from Oct 31 2016 is entitled: "Was a Trump Server Communicating with Russia?", and it raises many disturbing questions that indicate that a server in Trump Tower was sending and receiving human originated e-mails with a Russia 'Bank' during the 2016 campaign and that the e-mail pattern followed the activities in the Trump campaign (see the attached image) and that the e-mails stopped when this information was made public in September 2016.  I hope that Mueller is all over this matter:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 18, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »
The 8th person in the June 2016 meeting with Donald Jr. was Ike Kaveladze, who has ties to a Russian oligarch.

Title: "8th person at Trump Tower meeting identified"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/eighth-man-trump-tower-meeting-russia/

Extract: "The eighth person who attended the June 2016 meeting with Donald Trump Jr. at Trump Tower is a senior vice president at the company founded by the Russian oligarch who initiated the meeting, CNN has learned.

Ike Kaveladze's identity was confirmed by his attorney, Scott Balber.

Kaveladze is a senior vice president at Crocus Group, the real estate development company run by Azerbaijani-Russian oligarch Aras Agalarov, according to Kaveladze's LinkedIn. His personal website says he "holds responsibility for multiple elements of the company's Russian development project.""
― Leon C. Megginson

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #882 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »
I don't know if Greenwald's arguments have been superseded by new revelations, but I always find it interesting to listen to what he thinks:

Glenn Greenwald: Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Aren't a "Smoking Gun" or Evidence of Criminal Collusion

! No longer available
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:36 PM »
I don't know if Greenwald's arguments have been superseded by new revelations, but I always find it interesting to listen to what he thinks:

Glenn Greenwald: Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Aren't a "Smoking Gun" or Evidence of Criminal Collusion

It is best for the Democrats if they don't find a smoking gun too fast, as slowly beating-up the GOP over the next year, or so, with endless revelations is one of the best ways to maximize the potential gains in the 2018 mid-term elections.
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 18, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »
Seventeen seconds into the above it's stated that " ...by the Russian Government to peddle information..."
If this is accurate then the Russian government and the Trump campaign were negotiating as prospective buyers and sellers of this information. Since no bargain was struck, there is no way to determine whether the price was at market value, and no campaign finance laws were violated.

Further on at 25 seconds the reporter says that Trump Jr. wss told that "The Russian government wanted to share information..."
Peddling and sharing are not the same thing, I wonder which term is accurate.

Further into the video Greenwald compares this to the so called "Trump Dossier", originally paid for by a Republican, then paid for by the Democrats, and finally aired during the campaign by McCain. While this indicates that none of the parties involved were above using foreign operatives to dig up dirt on their opponent, it may also raise distinctions between truth and falsehood.

AFAIK no one has claimed that what has been presented as Podesta's E-Mails are anything other than Podesta's E-Mails, while Steele's claims that Trump had prostitutes pee on a bed in Moscow because Clinton slept there. Steele hasn't found many believers, even among the FBI.
Is it possible that the veracity of the information gives it a pass, just as it would if the charge was libel or slander? Wouldn't free speech give anyone in America the right to tell the truth about anyone else, no matter where that information was obtained?

We had a very newsworthy Mayor in Toronto who had been arrested in Florida on drug and alcohol charges. Some American apparently furnished His Honor's Loyal Opposition with a news paper clipping of the arrest. The Loyal Opposition brought this up during the campaign, but the idiot still won.
'Twas a dirty mud slinging campaign that my side lost, but I'm grateful to the reporter who noted the alleged perp.'s occupation, and I thought that democracy was served by having the scandal aired in the middle of the campaign.

Was it a case of foreign manipulation of a Canadian election, yes it was.
Would democracy have been better served if the voters of Toronto had been kept in the dark, no.
If Hillary's team had cheated to keep Sanders in check should the electorate be informed, certainly.
Would democracy have been better served if the American voters had been kept in the dark, no.

The 1st Amendment shields anyone who tells the truth. I've never heard of having your 1st amendment rights abrogated because the truth you expose came via a rival entity.

Greenwald also makes note of the "mission creep" that MSM is engaged in, and hopes that Mueller won't succumb to temptation. He was Bush the Lessor's head of the FBI for Christ's sake.

One final note is that Greenwald hinted that Clinton's interactions with Ukrainian politicians might be looked into. That's a Pandora's box that the public doesn't need to see. Hillary's out & the election is over. Had it been brought up during the campaign I would have thought differently, but there's nothing to gain by dragging her through that stinking pile of slime.

Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: July 18, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »

It is best for the Democrats if they don't find a smoking gun too fast, as slowly beating-up the GOP over the next year, or so, with endless revelations is one of the best ways to maximize the potential gains in the 2018 mid-term elections., and the 2020 presidential contest.
My bolding.

Trump as a one term President and Pence as a one term VP is about as good as we can hope for at this point in time.
If someone from the Bernie camp can win the Democratic Party's nod, they should have an easy win. If Podesta, Pelosi, and Hillary screw with the primaries, they could field another candidate that even Trump can beat.

Terry

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 18, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »
The linked article entitled: "You should care about the Trump-Russia scandal", indicates the most important reason to care about Russiagate is that a handful of Republican Russia hawks in Congress care, and their concern puts a very real check on Trump's power (whether he is impeached or not):

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/17/15976576/trump-russia-distraction-policy

Extract: "Of all the many potential lines of inquiry into Trump’s conduct as president, Russia is the one we have an official investigation of, not because it’s the only topic that matters but because it’s the one topic that a handful of Republican Russia hawks in Congress care about enough to provide some check on Trump’s power."
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2017, 12:08:53 AM »
The linked article entitled: "Not So Fast, Special Counsel", reviews all the ways that Mueller could be tripped up if/when he decides that he has a case and before he reaches the finish line:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/07/all_the_many_ways_robert_mueller_s_investigation_into_donald_trump_could.html

Extract: "What follows is an informed citizen’s guide to the obstacles that stand between Mueller deciding that a crime was committed and either impeachment of President Trump or prosecution of any Trump-linked suspects. The hurdles for Mueller are many, the obstructive powers of the presidency are great, and the ultimate verdict on Mueller’s work will likely rest with congressional Republicans who have so far shown little appetite for confronting the unsavory side of their party’s leader."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2017, 12:17:36 AM »
Turns out that Donnie had a second meeting with Putin last week at the G20.  And the only people present were Putin, Trump, and Putins translator (no translator provided by the US).  INCREDIBLE.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2017, 12:55:58 AM »
Turns out that Donnie had a second meeting with Putin last week at the G20.  And the only people present were Putin, Trump, and Putins translator (no translator provided by the US).  INCREDIBLE.

Per the Huffington Post today:

Extract: "The White House then confirmed to NBC News and Reuters that the meeting had in fact taken place.

According to Bremmer, the second meeting lasted an hour, and the only person present aside from Trump and Putin was a Russian translator.

“You have an hour that evening that no one’s even heard of,” said Bremmer in an interviewing airing on Bloomberg and PBS. “We clearly know that Trump does not care what the media has to say about his desire to have a close, personal relationship with the Russian president, and what drives it.”

He continued: “Never in my life as a political scientist have I seen two countries, major countries, with a constellation of national interests that are as dissonant, while the two leaders seem to be doing everything possible to make nice and be close to each other.”
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2017, 01:04:08 AM »

He continued: “Never in my life as a political scientist have I seen two countries, major countries, with a constellation of national interests that are as dissonant, while the two leaders seem to be doing everything possible to make nice and be close to each other.”

Thank god and all the little godetts.

Can you imagine where we'd be if Hillary were our Supreme Military Commandess?

Terry

Martin Gisser

« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2017, 01:27:32 AM »
Sure.
They are just evidence of criminal intent.
And the last week of lies is only a hint at consciousness of guilt.

Several EU spy agencies have tapes of the meeting, rumors say...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:33:07 AM by Martin Gisser »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 19, 2017, 01:43:10 AM »
This looks sleazy, as Mueller is actively investigating Manafort regarding Russiagate:

"Report: Prosecutors demand records on Chicago bank's loans to Paul Manafort"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/

Extract: "Chicago-based Federal Savings Bank wouldn't comment Tuesday on a report that New York prosecutors have subpoenaed records related to $16 million in loans the institution made to former Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.

The Wall Street Journal, citing an unnamed person familiar with the matter, reported Monday that the Manhattan district attorney has demanded the records from the bank, whose chief executive, Steve Calk, was an economic adviser to Trump's presidential campaign. Manafort is under scrutiny from a special prosecutor and members of Congress for his dealings with Russian interests, part of the wider investigation into ties between Russia and members of Trump's campaign and administration.

Both Calk and the Manhattan district attorney's office declined to comment on the Journal's report."
― Leon C. Megginson

Martin Gisser

« Reply #893 on: July 19, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
AbruptSLR, you missed the point of that bank loan. It is a small bank, and the loan to Manafort is 1/4 of its equity capital!
Coincidentally, the now revealed eighth person in Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting is a Russian money launderer...

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #894 on: July 19, 2017, 03:25:14 AM »
Seventeen seconds into the above it's stated that " ...by the Russian Government to peddle information..."
If this is accurate then the Russian government and the Trump campaign were negotiating as prospective buyers and sellers of this information. Since no bargain was struck, there is no way to determine whether the price was at market value, and no campaign finance laws were violated.

Further on at 25 seconds the reporter says that Trump Jr. wss told that "The Russian government wanted to share information..."
Peddling and sharing are not the same thing, I wonder which term is accurate.

Neither "sharing" nor "peddling" are strictly accurate.  The piece is simply reporting on the e-mail chain that was made public.  There's not a hint of an indication that the opposition research was to be purchased.  See:
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/11/536670194/donald-trump-jr-s-emails-about-meeting-with-russian-lawyer-annotated

Yes, it's only reasonable to conclude that Junior, Kushner, and Manafort committed a crime.  Specifically, conspiracy to violate campaign finance law that forbids`"soliciting, accepting, or receiving" a thing of value from a foreign national.  There's no other way to interpret the e-mail.  Opposition research on one's opponent is rather plainly a thing of value to a campaign.

Note, "reasonable to conclude" is not "guilt beyond a reasonable doubt." To turn the e-mail into such proof of guilt, one would likely need an insider to "turn state's witness" and testify that the three had additional conversations in which they planned to do what they surely did, ask for information and accept it if offered.

Note, nothing need then have been offered or asked for in the meeting.  Simply the three of them agreeing to such a plan is a criminal conspiracy.

Further into the video Greenwald compares this to the so called "Trump Dossier", originally paid for by a Republican, then paid for by the Democrats, and finally aired during the campaign by McCain. While this indicates that none of the parties involved were above using foreign operatives to dig up dirt on their opponent, it may also raise distinctions between truth and falsehood.

No, paying a foreign national as a contractor to conduct opposition research is commerce, not a contribution to a campaign.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 19, 2017, 03:33:21 AM »
AbruptSLR, you missed the point of that bank loan. It is a small bank, and the loan to Manafort is 1/4 of its equity capital!
Coincidentally, the now revealed eighth person in Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting is a Russian money launderer...

Maybe I am being sucked into the dark hole of ESLD :o
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 19, 2017, 07:26:13 PM »
I see that Donnie is ramping up his rhetoric and actions today:

1). His attempt to control the outcome of the next election via his "election commission"

2). His tirade about ACA

3). His ranting about not getting enough votes to pass the Senate bill

Make NO MISTAKE....Donnie is "all in".  Those people who Suspect that Donnie is thinking about resigning....are delusional.  In order to survive financially, he HAS to survive politically.  And it should be clear by now, that he will go to incredible lengths to stay in power.

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »

Make NO MISTAKE....Donnie is "all in". 

He is not going to resign. To get what he wants he needs the GOP to surrender check and balances to him.

I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 20, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »
Remember when I said that people make mistakes as the pressure is ratcheted up?  Well.....pressure is being ratcheted up on Donnie, and now it looks like he is warning Mueller not to cross a "red line" in looking at the finances of his family.

Donnie is going through a rough patch.....and he is making mistakes.  Donnie is SO PISSED that he has to deal with Mueller, rather than his pet dog Jeff Sessions.  I don't know Donnie......I would be careful who you piss off.....not many people like you other than some Congressmen that are on Russia's payroll.

The whole "loyalty" issue to King Donnie is rearing its ugly head again.  He and his Russian punk Vladimir have their work cut out for them.....

Tick....tick.....tick.....tick....

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:47:25 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 20, 2017, 03:32:34 AM »
Sounds like Sessions will finally be gone soon (yea...I was too early on that one).  Rosenstein may get axed.... I don't think he would resign.....he is more likely to force Donnie to fire him.  Then....Donnie will have to find SOMEONE in the justice department that will fire Mueller.

Shit is getting ready to hit the fan.  Deutsche Bank is going to turn over info to Mueller, it is now reported.  That information will likely not be good for Donnie.  Here in the US, money laundering is frowned upon.

This is what a sociopath does......especially someone with ties to the mob of both the US and Russia.

Things are going to be crazy.. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:54:51 AM by Buddy »