Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1120343 times)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
Re: Russiagate
« Reply #900 on: July 20, 2017, 03:48:02 AM »
  Well.....pressure is being ratcheted up on Donnie, and now it looks like he is warning Mueller not to cross a "red line" in looking at the finances of his family.

Donnie is going through a rough patch.....and he is making mistakes.  Donnie is SO PISSED that he has to deal with Mueller, rather than his pet dog Jeff Sessions. 

For those who are sure what Buddy is talking about, the linked NYTs article provides the details:

Title: “In Interview, Trump Expresses Anger at Sessions and Comey, and Warns Mueller”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-interview-trump-expresses-anger-at-sessions-and-comey-and-warns-mueller/ar-AAotahd

Extract: “President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned that investigators would cross a red line if they delve into Trump family finances unrelated to Russia. Mr. Trump never said he would order the Justice Department to fire Mr. Mueller, nor would he outline circumstances under which he might do so. But he left open the possibility as he expressed deep grievance over an investigation that has taken a political toll in the six months since he took office.”

P.S. My best wishes go out to John McCain as he fights a brain tumor.
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #901 on: July 20, 2017, 04:11:57 AM »
Before too much crap hits the proverbial fan.....just remember that FOX News had a big hand in electing Donnie.....and I believe that Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro MAY be involved in Donnie's obstruction of justice.  I am NOT an attorney......I only play one after hours😏.  But if they are working WITH Donnie to lie and create "cover" for Donnie.....I would think this may be an area of interest for Mueller......especially if there was a money trail from a Russian source to Sean or Jeanine.....especially Sean.  He has been looking very "roach like" ever since Donnies campaign started.

Just say'n.......
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2017, 04:33:54 AM »
I get the feeling that after Putin's and Trump's 1-hr private meeting (collusion session?) at the G-20, that both Putin and Trump could become very dangerous as they both head rapidly into very troubled waters per the following two articles:

First: “WATCH: Is Vladimir Putin’s big collapse coming soon?”

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/18/watch-is-vladimir-putins-big-collapse-coming-soon/

Extract: “Author Richard Lourie talks about how Putin's failure to wean Russia off oil will destroy the nation's economy

Lourie argues that Vladimir Putin’s Russia will collapse, just as Imperial Russia did in 1917 and the Soviet Union did in 1991. He cites the Russian president’s failure to move the nation’s economy from an oil and gas state to an information-based one. Lourie also speculates on how the United States could respond to reported Russian election meddling.”

&

Second: “How long till leading Republicans turn on Trump? It’s happening already”

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/19/how-long-till-leading-republicans-turn-on-trump-its-happening-already/

Extract: “After the health care fiasco, leading Republicans are souring on Trump at last — and it's only the beginning
At some point, congressional Republicans will entirely abandon President Donald Trump. How do we know this? If you look closely, you’ll notice that it’s already happening. One by one, Republicans on the Hill are growing tired of Trump’s poorly-informed, lazy, self-centered lack of leadership, and it’s a safe bet that more than a few members are wondering whether the 2018 midterms will turn out better without Trump dragging them down.”
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 20, 2017, 07:15:29 PM »
It looks like Mueller has expanded his investigation across Trump's red line:

Title: "Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-20/mueller-is-said-to-expand-probe-to-trump-business-transactions

Extract: "The U.S. special counsel investigating possible ties between the Donald Trump campaign and Russia in last year’s election is examining a broad range of transactions involving Trump’s businesses as well as those of his associates, according to a person familiar with the probe.

The president told the New York Times on Wednesday that any digging into matters beyond Russia would be out of bounds. Trump’s businesses have involved Russians for years, making the boundaries fuzzy so Special Counsel Robert Mueller appears to be taking a wide-angle approach to his two-month-old probe."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 20, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
Gallup poll is now 36 approve, 59 disapprove.....this is close to Trump's record low in March of 35/59.  The low 30's are coming.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:32:07 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 21, 2017, 12:39:23 AM »
Donnie Jr and Manafort still haven't confirmed their appointments to testify next week.  You don't think that Donnie Jr thinks he is going to get grilled about him changing his story 3 times?  Donnie Sr does not want him to testify....but he can't prevent it.  They will be subpoenaed if they don't testify voluntarily.

More popcorn.....🍿

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 21, 2017, 03:27:52 AM »
The money laundering angle is now starting to ripen and bare fruit.  Things will START to get interesting....Manafort, Donnie J., Donnie Senior, etc.  Bean counters like me, especially bean counters who can't STAND slimy unethical politicians.....are going to be in hog heaven.🐗

Senator  McCain was right about shoes dropping off a centipede when describing RussiaGate.  I expect our Russia centipede may morph into a millipede as the shoes start dropping even more quickly.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 21, 2017, 10:39:48 AM »
Donnies swimsuit is now almost all the way off.  When the tide goes out, you quickly find out who is naked.  The revealing of little Donnie Trump continues.

Eric Schneiderman.....the New York AG is likely working on several state charges for the Trump family.  Too bad that Donnie can't pardon them on state charges.

We are likely close to the point where we won't be hearing or seeing much of the Trump kids in the White House.  The whole family has never been anything more than a con.

Speaking of cons....I wonder how my good friends Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro on FOX fake news are going to handle this.  Way to go FOX..... you have managed to be on the wrong side of the biggest scandal in US election history.  I would love ❤️ to see Sean and Jeanine under the heat lamp of Congressional questioning....

Fake journalists like Brit Humme, Eric Boling, Martha MacCallum, Stuart Varney, Chris Wallace and others at FOX are being shown to be nothing but shills.  Pathetic.  Then there is the bottom of the barrel.....FOX & Friends.  Maybe they should rebrand as FOX & Russians.

And then we have all the fake Christians:  The idiots that "laid hands" on Donnie at the White House and a long laundry list of fake Christians like Sara Huckabee.

The Mueller investigation is far from over....and I see "purp walks" in the future for many who have gotten themselves entangled in this web.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:21:43 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 21, 2017, 04:29:46 PM »
It looks like Trump is trying to build up the confidence of his aides, family members and even himself that no matter how many federal criminal acts they commit, he can pardon them as long as he is president (of course this assurance does not extend to crimes subject to state prosecution, like money laundering, etc.):

Title: "Trump Reportedly Asked Legal Team About His Power to Pardon Aides, Family, Even Himself"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/07/20/trump_reportedly_asked_lawyers_about_his_power_to_pardon_aides_family_himself.html

Extract: "Currently, the discussions of pardoning authority by Trump’s legal team is purely theoretical, according to two people familiar with the ongoing conversations. But if Trump pardoned himself in the face of the ongoing Mueller investigation, it would set off a legal and political firestorm, first around the question of whether a president can use the constitutional pardon power in that way.

The power to pardon is granted to the president in Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, which gives the commander in chief the power to “grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That means pardon authority extends to federal criminal prosecution but not to state level or impeachment inquiries. No president has sought to pardon himself, so no courts have reviewed it."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 21, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
I think we should all take 5 SECONDS of silence for Spicey.  Now the important question...what WILL Melissa McCarthy do?

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 21, 2017, 06:37:18 PM »
And I guess there is a silver lining to the recent turn of events....Donnie seems to have developed some manners.  He's now saying "pardon me" all the time.😳

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 21, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »
I will go out on a very flimsy limb.  There are MANY ways that the next couple of weeks can play out....and the following is just one of them....and it is an aggressive one:

1). Donnie Jr and Paul Manafort do NOT choose to testify voluntarily next week.  Donnie Jr would get chewed up if he did.

2). Donnie chooses to be aggressive.... over the top agressive.

3). As I have said before....Mueller will get fired at some point, and either Sessions will fire him, or Sessions will get fired....and Rosenstein as well, and Donnie will have to find someone who WILL fire him.

4). I know I sound like a broken record.....but Donnie is fighting for his financial life.... so he will do ANYTHING.  As well.....there are members of Congress who are now TOO DEEP to turn back.

Crazy days ahead.....

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:47:21 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »
Scarmucci will fit right in.  He's a good liar...and he has no qualifications for the job:  Perfect for Donnie's administration.

Rumor has it that Hugh Freeze....the ex head coach of the Mississippi football team that was just fired for his habit of calling "call girls" is now being considered for a position in the Trump administration...😏😏. Perfect fit.....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:19:14 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 21, 2017, 11:37:40 PM »
I expect Donnie to have his "Saturday night massacre" moment within the coming weeks.  Donnie HAS to derail the RussiaGate investigation before it takes Trump & Company down.

Preibus, Rosenstein (FBI), McCabe (FBI), Sessions, Mueller (Special Counsel FBI) are all likely to go.  I would think Donnie would do most of that at the same time....."shock and awe".  And it is likely coming sooner rather than later.

Now that Donnie has a smooth talker like Scarmucci (ex Goldman Sachs crook) in place....he is now set to handle the messaging.  Also....since Donnie has been golfing/working so hard.....he will be taking August off so he can concentrate on golf.  I would expect the bloodletting to happen before the end of August.....maybe even before his August golfing extravaganza begins. 🏌️🏌️🏌️🏌️⛳️⛳️⛳️⛳️

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #914 on: July 22, 2017, 01:20:22 AM »
"...Scaramucci..."

But can he do the Fandango??  :D

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 22, 2017, 01:39:16 AM »
If Sessions goes.....who would be a possible replacement?  Two names I will float as possibilities:

1).  Ted Cruz
2).  Chris Cristy

It is amazing to think that there could be a WORSE attorney general candidate than Sessions...but Cruz and Christy are right there with Jeff Sessions at the bottom of the barrel.  And like Jeff...they have absolutely NO ETHICS.

The reason I mention those two is NOT because they would have an easy time in the nomination process....they wouldn't have an easy time.  But Donnie needs someone without ethics who will protect Trump when the really bad information becomes public (it's not yet).  There will be a LOT of incriminating evidence that is not yet public.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:04:28 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 22, 2017, 03:58:42 AM »
Another Freudian slip by one of Donnie's attorney's.  If you watched Rachael Maddow tonight...she brought this up.  There is something in Donnie's business that is raising all kinds of concerns in Trumpland....and they are quite anxious to put the Kabbash on the Mueller investigation.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #917 on: July 22, 2017, 05:48:53 AM »
"...Scaramucci..."

But can he do the Fandango??  :D

Perhaps Beelzebub has a devil put aside for him?

BudM

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 22, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »
Something is fishy......so where is that fish smell coming from?

Donnie Jr and Manafort are not testifying in public.....AND......their non-public testimony is NOT under oath.

Here is what MAY be happening.  Keep in mind that I can't believe I am saying this.  BUT.....I have to call them as I see them:  I think there is a pretty good chance that Donnie may be "negotiating" his removal from office.

It seems as though the Trump team is trying to "slow things down"......and the Democrats on the committees that are doing the investigation....are not putting up a fuss.

I could be TOTALLY wrong on this....but that is the only thing that makes sense with the current events.  Could Donnie and his attorneys REALLY have come to this conclusion? 

I am REALLY scratching my head on this one.  I would think that if this IS the case.....that we would know something within a couple weeks via a leak.

The walls have really begun to close in on Donnie....and I thought that he would strike out via a Saturday Night massacre type of ending.

We'll see.....

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »
Trump asserts that he “Has complete power to pardon”.

Title: “Trump Affirms He “Has Complete Power to Pardon” in Another Unhinged Twitter Rant”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/07/22/trump_affirms_he_has_complete_power_to_pardon_in_yet_another_unhinged_twitter.html
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:32 AM »
The linked article helps to explain why Mueller has his work cut out for himself:

Title: “5 Reasons Why Extraordinary Presidential Powers Make It Very Difficult to Nail Trump, His Family or His Team”

http://www.alternet.org/election-03918/5-reasons-why-extraordinary-presidential-powers-make-it-very-difficult-nail-trump-his

Extract: “Pardon power and absolute lack of morals make for a toxic, lawless cocktail. ”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 23, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »
If you have trouble keeping track of the many exposed (so far) interactions between Team Trump and Russia, the linked article might help out:

“The many unearthed interactions between Trump-world and Russia, documented”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politics/the-many-unearthed-interactions-between-trump-world-and-russia-documented/index.html

― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 23, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Anthony Scarmuchi gave his first Sunday swing through the talk show circuit.  He's just a more polished liar than Spicer was.  Scarmuchi is an ex Goldman Sachs employee....so he has a lot of practice lying.

He is a typical financial prostitute.  You give him enough money or power.....and he will say ANYTHING.  And that is what he will do for Donnie.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #923 on: July 24, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »
The Investigation Into Trump Just Got Serious, Here's Why

! No longer available
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 24, 2017, 05:49:40 PM »
If the rumors of Trump trying to replace Sessions with Giuliani are true...I would look at that as Donald making a "final push" to silence and shut down the Mueller investigation.  Rudy is likely already guilty of obstruction of justice, and he is assured that Donnie will pardon him if things didn't work out in Donnies favor.

Sounds like Donnie is tring to push Sessions out the door.  Will Sessions make him fire him......or will Sessions be the good loyal soldier and quit?

And what do some of the "minor actors" know?  Minor actors are those like Sessions support staff....or Kushners "assistant".  In corporate corruption...often times it is the minor actors....the support staff that are willing to give honest testimony, because they aren't the recipient of all the benefits, so once they have to testify......their smart play is to tell the truth.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 09:10:35 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 24, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »
Sounds like Donnie is tring to push Sessions out the door.  Will Sessions make him fire him......or will Sessions be the good loyal soldier and quit?

It is Palmer's opinion that Sessions will hang on to his AG job for as long as he can:

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/the-real-reason-jeff-sessions-is-refusing-to-resign/4023/

― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #926 on: July 24, 2017, 11:24:45 PM »
The Investigation Into Trump Just Got Serious, Here's Why

! No longer available
Does investigating the investigators remind anyone of Bill Clinton's final strategy during the Whitewater investigation that had evolved into the Monica Lewinsky Impeachment Hearings. At one point the publisher of Hustler Magazine, Larry Flynt, offered a cool $Million to anyone who had "illicit" sexual interactions with basically any Republican Senator or Congressman.

The impeachment was over a very short time after Larry's made his offer.

Where will they find enough uncorrupted politicians to push this, when they realize that Trump will be investigating their business dealings as thoroughly as they are investigating his?

When the investigation morphs from "The Russians Stole Our Election", into "Crooked Russians Made Deals With Crooked Trump", isn't this the same thing that the Republicans did during Whitewater? Wasn't Whitewater considered a witch hunt?

I despise any number of Trump's decisions, particularly in regard to the environment. I wouldn't appreciate his company at dinner, or over a beer. I still prefer him to Hillary because I'm convinced she would have lead us into a hot war with Russia by now.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:45 AM »
ASLR....

It will be interesting to see if Sessions resigns OR he is fired.  Either way...he is very likely to be on his way out fairly soon.

I see that some "chatter" has developed around the two names I mentioned a day ago:  Giuliani and Ted Cruz.  As I noted yesterday......both of them are at the bottom of the ethics barrel, and either one would do whatever King Donnie wanted them to do.

There is a way that Donnie could appoint a new attorney general WITHOUT going through the Senate confirmation process, as noted on Rachael Maddows show tonight.  Donnie can appoint anyone he wants, without going through the confirmation process IF it is done AFTER the Senate goes on recess.  Then.....Donnie could make what is called a "recess appointment".  That person can apparently work until sometime in 2019 before having to go through the Senate approval process.

That person could then fire Mueller and potentially kill the RussiaGate investigation.

Serious stuff.....keep your eyes wide open.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 25, 2017, 04:19:24 AM »
That person could then fire Mueller and potentially kill the RussiaGate investigation.

Serious stuff.....keep your eyes wide open.

Hopefully, if Trump fires Mueller, Congress will reappointment him as their investigator.  But even then all of Team Trump can keep lying knowing that Trump will pardon them.
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 25, 2017, 01:17:55 PM »
ASLR

Yes....the key word, however is "can".  Ultimately, 2/3 of the Senate will have to vote to oust Trump.  But the fewer times I/we have to rely on the Senate to do the right thing....the better off we are.

I'm sure we have some even crazier days ahead.  Going to be interesting to see how Donnie's strong supporters hang in there over the coming months.  Just how much "crazy" will they put up with.

And the other two " organizations" tied to Trump:  FOX and the "religious right"....how long will they stand by Trump?  I think many of those two groups will accept anything short of murder.

We still have "the meat" of the investigation ahead of us....and from a lover of history and psychology, I can't wait to see what Donnie will do....and what some people will put up with.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 25, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »
Anthony Scaramucchi......Donnie's new communications director is a ticking time bomb.   He's an ex Goldman Sachs employee.....so as I noted before he has no ethics.  He was a partner in Skybridge Capital, which is a "fund of funds."  That means that his firm doesn't invest directly in companies....they invest in other investment/hedge funds that invest in companies.  That's what bad investment managers do when they aren't able to invest profitably:  They invest in other guys that do the investing for them.  The problem is this:  BOTH the firm doing the hedge fund doing the actual investing AND Anthony's company charge a fee.

Scaramucchi has been trying to sell Skybridge Capital.....and they are trying to close on a deal to sell Skybridge Capital to a Chinese company with ties to the Chinese government.  They are supposedly selling Skybridge for $180 million US dollars....which is by all measurements an extremely high valuation for a "fund of funds" company, that really has no expertise and sketchy returns to their clients.

Scaramucchi apparently is really just a "pitchman"......in charge of attracting investors.  And that is what he is doing for Donnie:  He's in charge of dressing up the Donnie Trump pig.....putting lip gloss on the pig.  Making outrageous and inaccurate claims and repeating them over and over again.  The first law of marketing is "say it over and over and over until people take it as truth."

Of couse.....if you are a Chinese company with 10's of billions of dollars....with ties to the Chinese government....you would pay WAY MORE than the company is worth in order to have close ties to the Trump administration.

Scaramucchi and a Skybridge Capital smell to the high heavens. 

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 25, 2017, 06:22:14 PM »
I used to live in Denver, Colorado.....and it was fun to see all the jets at night when they were coming in to land.   They would be lined up for miles trailing each other on their approach to the airport.

The Trump administration is now looking something like that.....except instead of lining up to land....they look to be lining up to either quit or get fired.

Sessions, Preibus, Tillerson.....who's next?  Mattis seems to be the only one with ethics.   That is one lonely island Mattis is on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:10:36 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 25, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »
Apparently, Ken Starr thought that he could indict a sitting president.  Hopefully, Mueller will come to the same conclusion if/when he has sufficient evidence on Trump:

Title: "A newly-unearthed, Clinton-era memo suggests a sitting president could be indicted — here's what it could mean for Trump"

http://www.businessinsider.com/can-mueller-indict-trump-ken-starr-memo-2017-7
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 25, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
Donald Trump is a very poor (sad) father to drag his son Barron into Russiagate:

Title: "Trump Offer 11-Year-Old Son Barron to Senate Investigators During Tweet Storm"

http://www.thewrap.com/trump-offers-11-year-old-son-barron-to-senate-investigators-during-tweet-storm/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:20:39 PM by AbruptSLR »
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 26, 2017, 04:31:26 AM »
So.....just HOW bad and HOW crazy is Donnie?  And....let's say that YOU see the only reasonable and ethical perso in Donnie's cabinet.  What would you do if.....after working with Donnie for 4 or 5 months.....that you thought he was a danger to the country, and you found him to be without an ethical compass?

Here are some things that come to mind:

1). You could stay in your cabinet position and just keep your head down and "live" with Donnie's unethical behavior and his horrible decision process.

2). You could stay on your job....but openly question his behavior and his remarks and any poor decisions he arrived at.

3). You could quit....and if you truly thought Donnie was a serious threat to the US.....you could speak out about him publicly.

4). You could quit....and not say much about your old boss.

Three months ago or so.....I said to "watch Mattis."  If he were to quit...that would send a loud message that Donnie is in trouble, and maybe we are in trouble because Mattis thinks Donnie is not working with a full deck.   My next question now.....is what would Mattis do IF he were to quit?

If Mattis were to think that Donnie is WAY out of whack...he MIGHT choose option #3.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 26, 2017, 01:29:37 PM »
Gallup daily approval/disapproval spread back to within 1 % of the widest margin for Donnie.  With Donnie's ego on full overdrive....it's just a matter of time till that widens further.

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #936 on: July 26, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
Does investigating the investigators remind anyone of Bill Clinton's final strategy during the Whitewater investigation that had evolved into the Monica Lewinsky Impeachment Hearings.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that colluding with a hostile foreign government to overthrow democracy is vastly worse than having sex with an intern. The latter hurt only a marriage; the former hurts America.

I find to quoque arguments lazy, and thus easily dismissed.

I despise any number of Trump's decisions, particularly in regard to the environment. I wouldn't appreciate his company at dinner, or over a beer. I still prefer him to Hillary because I'm convinced she would have lead us into a hot war with Russia by now.

Even were he to quit today. Trump will already go down as by far the most corrupt, bigoted, hateful, self-enriching, saber-rattling, nation-dividing, pretentious, arrogant, ignorant, stupid vulgarian who's ever sullied the Oval Office. Some may prefer that to Clinton, but the majority of clear-thinking people definitely do not (as witnessed by the millions more who voted for her).

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 26, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
Jim

I can't argue my point succinctly without adding yet another layer of quotes, so I'll just answer your queries in the order given.

I've no problem believing that overthrowing democracy is of more import than an Oval Office blow job.
However, I've never argued that they were an equivalency, so I question why you brought it up at all?

To quoque arguments may indeed be lazy, however I imagine you were thinking of tu quoque, and were too apathetic to consider a spellcheck.
Again I don't compare the alleged crimes, so tu quoque simply does not apply.

If you're saying that Trump is an ass I'm in total agreement. I'm not positive that he is worse than many of the Republican Presidents before him, but time, and history will be the judge of that. At the moment I tend to think that Bush the Lessor holds the wreath, but given enough time Trump might ascend to at least the level of say a Nixon or a Bush the Elder. These were intelligent men who, I believe, were fully aware of the crimes against humanity they were certainly guilty of.

Since Hillary was never able to grab the brass ring, we'll never know how good or bad her presidency would have been. I for one, am very relieved that this is so.

Terry

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 27, 2017, 03:11:19 AM »
It will interesting to see if Mueller can tie Firtash to Manafort to Team Trump:

"DOJ: Ex-Manafort associate Firtash is top-tier comrade of Russian mobsters"

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/07/26/doj-ex-manafort-associate-firtash-is-top-tier-comrade-of-russia/23049838/

Extract: "The Department of Justice has identified a former business associate of ex-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort as an "upper-echelon [associate] of Russian organized crime.""
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 27, 2017, 04:54:26 AM »

Apparently, the Pentagon trusts Trump so little that for 9 minutes today they thought that Trump was about to order a preemptive strike against North Korea:

"Pentagon Reportedly Feared Trump’s Transgender Ban Tweet Was Announcement of North Korea Strike"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pentagon-reportedly-feared-trumps-transgender-ban-tweet-was-announcement-of-north-korea-strike/

Extract: "At the Pentagon, the first of the three tweets raised fears that the president was getting ready to announce strikes on North Korea or some other military action. Many said they were left in suspense for nine minutes, the time between the first and second tweet. Only after the second tweet did military officials receive the news the president was announcing a personnel change on Twitter."
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 27, 2017, 11:22:37 AM »
Gallup daily approval/disapproval spread back to within 1 % of the widest margin for Donnie.  With Donnie's ego on full overdrive....it's just a matter of time till that widens further.
All the polls proved their weakness during the recent national election, however, trends within a particular polling organization, assuming similar questions and similar demographics, can none the less prove useful.
If Trump's ratings are perceived as dragging down the Republican Party, they may at some time decide to impeach him, and to receive the accolades due for saving our country from such a mad despot.
This in turn could give them wins in 2018, 2020 or whatever election follows the impeachment.

Democrats don't need a win in 2018, they need a sweep. A sweep that not only changes the leadership of the House, but also a sweep where governors and state reps move from red to blue. 2018 is the election that changes how gerrymandering is applied in 2020, 2022, 2024, 2026. and 2028, a poor or average showing in 2018 will make it very much harder to capture the presidency in 2020, 2024 and 2028.

We shouldn't imagine that the Democrats can impeach Trump. The Republicans have control of both House and Senate as well as a stacked Supreme Court. If Republicans believe Trump to be an albatross 'round their necks, they'll not only cut his leash by drumming him out of the GOP, but they'll cheer and jeer on the occasion of his perp walk.

Republicans will claim that Trump stole his position on their ballot, that they fearlessly demanded the impeachment of this usurper, and that everyone should vote Republican, just in this one election, to show gratitude to, "The Party that Saved Democracy."

If Trump is impeached it will be at the behest of the GOP, no one else can do it.
If the Republicans do it. you can bet that they will take credit for having done so, and the following election will be very hard on Democratic candidates. Why are so many Democrats cheering impeachment? The very thing that can lock them out of power for decades.

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
The "law of pressure" comes through again.  With pressure building on Donnie with each passing week, the walls continue to close in....and he continues to make mistakes.

Donnie continues to bad mouth Sessions in public...AND...he puts forward a change in policy on transgender in the armed forces.  Donnie's failure to process things and then make sound decisions is in full display.   Some of the folks that chose Donnie over Hillary are slowly beginning to peel off.  If you look back at history.....this process continues to mirror Watergate.  The slow bleed of Nixons support... especially the last year from July of 1973 to August of 1974.....is what Donnie has started now.

There were people that never left the support of Nixon....and there will be those that allow Donnie to do anything he wants.  But they are SLOWLY being ground down...and this slow process will continue.

People don't like to be wrong.  So the hard core supporters of Trump over Clinton will have to keep ignoring the facts....and turning their head away from the smoke billowing out of the White House.
"It is easier to con someone, than it is to convince someone that they have already been conned."

Its pretty amazing that anyone could find one shred of support for someone like Donnie over Hillary....but when you understand a little bit about some of our human psychological frailties.....and a look back at history...you begin to see why that happens.

When you think about the fact that there were supporters for Hitler right up to the end.  And that is why there are still supporters for Putin.  One of the most dangerous jobs in Russia is being an independent journalist.  The death rate for them is greater than any line business in the US.  Think about that for a moment.

Anyone who is a supporter of Trump AND Putin is either burying their head in the sand...or they're paid to do so.

Donald Trump seems to go out of his way to show what a terrible human being he is EVERY DAY.  His speech to the Boy Scouts was just the latest escapade by a sociopath who shouldn't be running an ice cream shop....let alone a country.  I wonder if the Girl Scouts are going to invite Donnie to speak to them? 😳

Donnie and RussiaGate will continue to unwind as he grapples to close down the investigation that will take down his family and his business if it is allowed to be completed.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:59:42 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2017, 02:54:34 PM »
Didn't take long for Anthony Scaramuchi to "step in it".  Preibus will be gone soon.

Also... Tony's public financial disclosures reveal a Wall Streeter that really isn't worth that much....$85 million per the report on the public disclosure form I heard this morning.  No wonder Scaramuchi wants a Chinese company to buy Skybridge Capital (where he is a part owner) for $180 million.  Even if Scaramuchi is only a 10% partner.....that would mean $18 mill into his pocket which is about 20% of his net worth.  I'll see if I can track down what % of Skybridge Capital Tony owns.  If the sale of Skybridge goes through....Tony would owe someone in China many favors.  Just as Donnie owes them favors already.....  The Everglades now is surrounding the White House.🐊
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:36:40 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:48 PM »
Scaramuchi did an interview on CNN this morning.  What a clusterf$ck that was.

His jihad is against "the leakers".  Yes....by all means Tony, don't worry about policy and substance, worry about people who are leaking things about the White House.  Why is it always the short (5'8") guys with beedy eyes that you can trust as far as you can throw an 18 wheeler.

Speaking of 18 wheelers.....Donnie's 18 wheeler is quickly losing tread on his tires, and he's heading for a blowout (or blowup).

Scaramuchi is a real piece of work.  I'll bet Spicey is having a good laugh about now.  The White House communications department is looking like the Oregon Ducks defense last year....and that is NOT a good thing.....unless you think being ranked 121st....when there are 121 teams is a good thing.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 28, 2017, 02:04:32 AM »
Scaramucci is trying to emulating Trump's bad boy behavior:

Title: "Scaramucci calls Priebus 'schizophrenic' in expletive-filled rant"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/scaramucci-calls-priebus-schizophrenic-in-expletive-filled-rant/ar-AAoWir9
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 28, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
It will be interesting to see whether Putin's Puppet vetos this bipartisan bill to increase sanctions on Russia:

Title: "In A Rare Show Of Bipartisanship, Senate Sends Russia Sanctions To Trump"

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/27/539864048/russia-sanctions-headed-to-trumps-desk-will-he-sign

Extract: "President Trump is now faced with a decision on whether to sign into law new sanctions meant to punish Russia for interfering in last year's presidential election, after the Senate overwhelmingly approved the measure Thursday.

The bill, the first major foreign policy legislation to emerge from Congress since the president took office, also includes sanctions on North Korea and Iran. It easily passed the Senate in a 98-2 vote after sailing through the House by a similarly veto-proof 419-3 margin."
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 28, 2017, 03:50:22 PM »
The Donald is circling his wagons in a last ditch effort to protect his inner circle (at all costs) from the Russiagate investigation:

Title: "Donald Trump’s Inner Circle Is Quickly Evaporating"

https://www.thenation.com/article/donald-trumps-inner-circle-is-quickly-evaporating/

Extract: "Donald J. Trump is preparing his endgame. Besieged in every direction—by Robert Mueller’s multi-pronged special-counsel inquiry, by the FBI and the Department of Justice, by several congressional committees, and by a steady drumbeat of leaks—the White House is building an Alamo-like fortress to protect the president. In the battles ahead, Trump is relying on his innermost core of loyalists: his two sons, his daughter, his son-in-law, his lawyers, and a select group of White House staffers and former campaign advisers who’ve passed muster by pledging ultimate fealty to the commander in chief.

Everyone else is either being thrown overboard or getting the runaround, and many who were once considered Trump’s closest allies are now seen as likely to resign."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 28, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
Regarding Scaramucci....he is a 50% partner in SkyBridge Capital....the "fund of funds" company that he is trying to sell to a very large Chinese company for $180 million.  So Tony's take would be $90 million....which would be a majority of his net worth.

The transaction is not yet a done deal.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:19:54 PM by Buddy »

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #948 on: July 28, 2017, 04:33:11 PM »
REgarding Scaramuchi....he is a 50% partner in SkyBridge Capital....the "fund of fund" company that he is trying to sell to a very large Chinese company for $180 million.  So Tony's take would be $90 million....which would be a majority of his net worth.

The transaction is not yet a done deal.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In China there are two Governments - the obvious one of the Ministries and Provincial and  Local Governments etc etc, and the other government - The Party. When push comes to shove it is The Party that matters, and its nose is in everything.

It is doubtful that a foreign purchase of this size can be done by a Chinese company without approval from someone on the inside of the Central Party structure, especially as a deal involving an intimate of Trump who is a senior official in Trump's inner circle (at least this week) has a significant political dimension. Much may depend on China / Trump relations.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #949 on: July 28, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »
Congress Unites on Russia Sanctions, But at What Cost?

! No longer available
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith