Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Real Stupid Blog-Posts  (Read 3758 times)

nukefix

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 9
Real Stupid Blog-Posts
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »
This is a very, very dumb video from the denialist-fringe:

http://archive.is/aQiTZ

Let's see what he says after the next record low.. :o
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:29:35 AM by Neven »

Pmt111500

Re: Real Stupid Blog-Posts
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
It's been a tradition not to post these kinds of adverts in the 'science' here. If it's stupid enough to tell it's stupid there's very limited chance anyone sensible here will click it. Not going to watch it, guessing it's some sort of idiocy of the workings of volcanos.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 08:40:38 PM »
In principle I have nothing against this thread, but it's only going to work if we post links to archived web pages, and not to web pages themselves, as this will increase page views etc.

And I also believe it drains your energy, as most climate risk deniers are emotional vampires/sadists. So, unless it's to educate yourself because you've just started thinking about AGW, I would steer clear of these blogs.

So, maybe we shouldn't do this here and focus on the ice, the science, the consequences and potential solutions.

Either way, I'm moving this to another forum category, as it has nothing to do with science whatsoever.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

magnamentis

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 12:58:00 AM »
This is a very, very dumb video from the denialist-fringe:

https://realclimatescience.com/2017/04/new-video-can-we-trust-climate-scientists/

Let's see what he says after the next record low.. :o

all that BS is is based exactly on the kind of improper communication i tried to warn from in this forum but always bit on granite and was muted.

of course that would not change my conviction that we should be very careful about our output because it will feed the deniers and further damage the anyways minor possibilities to take proper measures.

also i want to use the opportunity that GW is too serious a matter to set prefer luke warm discussions over speaking "tacheles"

we should not judge contributions by how much we like the feed but only for the level of truth, the real value
as well as their effect on the whole.

ready for another bashing but slowly one should be aware how little i care as long as the motives behind are not proper.

nukefix

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 05:17:54 PM »
It just funny that someone attacks the argument "The arctic could be virtually ice free in a couple of summers" on the basis that it hasn't happened yet. The argument is true and there are high odds for yet another record low this summer...

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »
Well, here is another. Understand, I like Xenakis' views as to how major wars have a tendency to occur every long lifetime, but I am disturbed by his views on AGW. I didn't like them even when I was more afraid of PO, and I like them even less now.
However, he does make a point about famine and war.
http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e190922.htm#e190922

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »
Well, here is another. Understand, I like Xenakis' views as to how major wars have a tendency to occur every long lifetime, but I am disturbed by his views on AGW. I didn't like them even when I was more afraid of PO, and I like them even less now.
However, he does make a point about famine and war.

Don't post links to climate denier sites.  It's Neven's rule.  The site says, in part:
"The stupidity of today's climate scientists
I will show that today's climate scientists are just as stupid as the one that predicted disaster after 1970 Earth Day."

Unacceptable.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 04:47:37 PM »
You can go on his forum and help me refute him.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 05:47:09 PM »
You can go on his forum and help me refute him.

A noble ambition.  Such efforts are important.  But for any one person, a bit like emptying a lake with a teaspoon.  I post rebuttals here and there when I have time.  Maybe when I'm retired from my 9-5, I'll make a full-time effort in the realm of debunking deniers.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
I'd rather not click on denier links and give them more traffic. Neven's rule has a good reason, but in any case it's Neven rule and should be respected.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 06:18:17 PM »
I'd rather not click on denier links and give them more traffic. Neven's rule has a good reason, but in any case it's Neven rule and should be respected.
Ramen!!

Removing the link would comply with Neven's previous requests.
Terry

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 07:03:08 PM »
OK, I'll argue with him myself.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2041
  • Likes Given: 1986
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:33:16 PM »
it's only going to work if we post links to archived web pages, and not to web pages themselves

And since no one is doing that it might be better to just zilch the thread?

Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.