Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: New political party in the USA  (Read 2464 times)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
New political party in the USA
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:25:34 AM »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: New political party in the USA
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:14 AM »
Argument supporting West:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/01/democratic-party-campaign-fundraising-wasserman-schultz/

Not a pretty picture, or prognosis. When corruption has permeated even the lowest levels of politics, it leaves few avenues for reform.

I've never been convinced that we would survive climate change. I'll rage against the insanity of modern warfare, and fight xenophobia, but with little hope that sanity, or compassion will prevail.

Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 02:00:51 PM »
Argument supporting West:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/01/democratic-party-campaign-fundraising-wasserman-schultz/

Oh dear, I didn't know all this. I thought it would be better to 'overtake' the Democratic Party, but maybe that's not such a good idea after all (even though it seems to be what Sanders is striving for).
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »
Well, as we see, it is hard. We know how much money the corporate sellouts get. We can't match that without selling out ourselves, so we got to do it on the ground. If that is not possible within the confines of the Democratic Party, then we must do it without.

My big problem is how low do i wanna go in this fight, whether within or without the confines of the Democratic Party.

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 10:26:21 AM »
sidd
We lost before either of us were born.
When Truman replaced Wallace the Democratic Party lost it's soul. We've been ghouls ever since, wandering the political landscape, drifting further and further from our base. We win occasionally because the Republicans are so damn bad, but it's been a long time since we did anything that was so damn good.
We campaign on not being Republicans and pay for our ads with money from the same banks that pay for the Republican ads.
They made Liberal a dirty word - we retreated to Progressive.
We saved the world with Kennedy - They answered with Nixon.
Bill Clinton was the best Republican President ever. - They showed what a real Republican was, Bush the Younger.
Obama gave the country RomneyCare - They killed it in the crib.
Now we have Trump. Thanks DNC, let's do it again.
Terry