Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: What can BLUE do for YOU?  (Read 2483 times)

vigilius

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
What can BLUE do for YOU?
« on: July 24, 2017, 04:21:27 AM »
Thawing Thunder Tigertown suggested a thread by this name over in the melting thread a while back, so here it is. Thawing Thunder liked the idea and added this link to trigger discussion:

https://soundcloud.com/fasterthanexpected/sag-008-blue-ocean-event-10-27

And so, the question is, what will this (i.e., blue ocean event in the arctic, presumably defined as <1 million square kilometers at end of melting season) mean for us, other hopefully than going on facebook and saying "I told you so" to all our denier friends? One supposes everyone will choose that moment to go into overdrive, take to the streets if we have not done so already. And one also supposes that the effect on the jet stream and weather over the northern hemisphere will be profound, will get through to some people who haven't gotten the message yet.

what do you think?

(post corrected after TT prodded my memory)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:41:42 PM by vigilius »

Forest Dweller

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 32
Re: What can BLUE do for YOU?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:36:12 AM »
I suspect < 1 million square km of ice will still leave room for denial, given there are no other major events.
And indeed a louder call for action to go along with that.
The overpopulation crowd will rant about population etc etc.
The IPCC will be blamed i'm sure.
But mostly people will adhere to business as usual, what else do they know after all?

vigilius

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »
I have to correct myself, I credited Thawing Thunder for the thread name but TT sent me a note and I stand corrected....     ....as I look back up the melting thread I think it was Tigertown. Apologies.

Tigertown

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:25:59 PM »
Well, to be fair, I got the idea from the people that deliver packages in the big brown trucks.         (U * S)
"....and the appointed time came for God to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." Revelation 11:18.

Tigertown

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:45 PM »
I am not sure that we should not start thinking more along the line of an NBOE, that is to say a Near Blue Ocean Event. It is beginning to look like the arbitrary one million square kilometers, as a threshold to drop below for Arctic SIE, is not necessary in order to see havoc wreaked on the climate. Flooding, wildfires, droughts, and deadly storms are increasing every year. Maybe the SIE will never drop below a certain point, though it probably will. Whether it does or not, the current situation will continue to decline because of the lack of coolant in the planetary A/C. That's what blue is already doing to us.
"....and the appointed time came for God to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." Revelation 11:18.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »
 ::)

Talking Points Memo:  House Science Committee Chair says melting arctic ice is good because it creates more water for ships to sail over
https://twitter.com/tpm/status/889998772117401604

GOP House Science Chair: Melting Arctic Sea Ice A Win For The Earth
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/lamar-smith-benefits-climate-change
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.