Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: [Solved] Inserting blockquotes  (Read 3464 times)

OldLeatherneck

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
[Solved] Inserting blockquotes
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:53:55 PM »
I can easily get a quote from a previous blogger's comment, however I didn't see how to include the author's name and time stamp.

What am I missing?

THANKS
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:08:37 PM by Neven »
"Share Your Knowledge.  It's a Way to Achieve Immortality."  ......the Dalai Lama

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Re: Inserting blockquotes
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:05:16 PM »
I can easily get a quote from a previous blogger's comment, however I didn't see how to include the author's name and time stamp.

What am I missing?

THANKS

Test...

---

Okay, got it.

OldLeatherneck, using the quote button (with the comic balloon) you get "quote]quoted text[/quote".

However, next to the title of someone's comment there's another quote button. If you press that one you get taken to your comment box, with the other person's comment already quoted with these tags:

"quote author=OldLeatherneck link=topic=40.msg268#msg268 date=1361541235]your text[/quote"

Also while writing your comment, you can scroll down and see previous comments below your comment editing box. Next to each comment it says 'insert quote'. If you press that you quote that person's comment with the name and date and everything in bold.

Did that solve it?

* I use the " to replace the BBcode tags. This of course should be ] and [.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

OldLeatherneck

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inserting blockquotes
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

What am I missing?

THANKS

Did that solve it?

THANKS NEVEN
"Share Your Knowledge.  It's a Way to Achieve Immortality."  ......the Dalai Lama