Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Log (bigly)  (Read 22282 times)

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 3
Log (bigly)
« on: February 24, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
This sticky post is intended to keep track of all changes to the forum (most recent on top)

(Unless counter-indicated, all changes by DungeonMaster)

2018-07-30 Like button fixed for real, hopefully. And hosting upgraded to a higher level to respond to the YUGE numbers of visitors.

2018-07-29 Sessions table fixed. The forum had been down most of the day. SAD! Sorry!!

2018-04-25  Yayyyy ! Like button finally added. Enjoy!

2017-11-01 Fixed problem with log table, went crazy. Errors came from Social Media Icons mod, was toooo old --> removed. Installed https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=3559;id=214901 instead

2017-11-01 Still problems when uploading some images. Turns out to be some stupid programming,

preg_match('~(iframe|(?<!cellTextIs)html|eval|body|script\W|[CF]WS[\x01-\x0C])~i

Solved by http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=544243.msg3915263#msg3915263. TO BE REAPPLIED ON VERSION CHANGE

//hack
return true;
        while (!feof($fp))

2017-09-20 Login problems should be fixed now (changed logins on curve1 [main theme] and Exodus [the iphone, responsive theme]). Activated php 7.0. Switched to full https, included an Apache rewrite. Remaining: make the redirection 301.

Warning / possible issues: hooks were deleted while switching to https. Had to remove / reinstall all mods. Hope no settings were lost, especially on the images / video Aeva. To be watched!

2017-09 Got a false Hack Alert from hosting company... nothing bad. Upgraded to latest version - supposed to bring full https! Also allows php7: I applied this change, should increase stability and speed. We might switch to full https after october...

2014-08-02 Added Social Sharing buttons - per topic, located on the bottom of your screen. Share and spread the Forum !

2014-07-04 Was so sad after France's defeat against Germany in World Cup that I woke up early and installed a PayPal Donate Button, reusing Neven's account. Strong and good Deutsche Marks accepted.

2014-05-22 Installed links to ASIB and ASIG (and crashed the forum 4 minutes, damn me)

2014-05-09 DB moved to a bigger (and faster) mysql server. We're almost ready for the Melting Season - still some improvements to make...

2014-05-07 At last ! Found a permission/setting allowing anonymous users to see images !! So far they had to register. That's quite a stupid default setting for a forum, I'd say !!

2014-05-05 After some tests, activated PHP-FPM - is supposed to go faster. Next step: switching DB server... will require stopping the forum 5 minutes.

2014-05-02 thanks to your donations, forum has been upgraded to a better server. More memory and power... and more enhancements coming next days !

2014-04-10  HeartBleed bug checked - server NOT affected, nothing to fix.

2014-04    Anti-spam measures reinforced again. Now new posters are pre-moderated/

2013-04-22 Changed nothing about this pesky png  problem.
                    Installed the background image on this very server (was previously on Neven's, caused performance problems)

2013-04-17 Deactivated Dangerous Image Reencode function. Removed ability to upload zip, doc, odt files
                   Reactivated Stats On Save to track perfs
                   Activated Persistent connection to Db

2013-03-12 Added some tricks to play with RSS in the Suggestion thread
2013-03-12 Removed old dates (before going On Air) from smf_log_activity, and recomputed stats. Nothing seems to have changed. (and YES, I backuped the db before)

2013-03-05 - "courtesy post edit" was 90 seconds, now set to 300 = 5 minutes to check your spelling
                 "Number of posts per page on a Topic" set to 50 (was 15) (requested by danbashow - well in fact he asked 99, but let's test this)
                  Set registration to "email verification" to avoid spammers (verified, it does work)
                  (Seems that Neven previously added some registration questions and a captcha)
                  Changed some other security-related settings (but I won't write which)

2013-02-24 - Aeva Lite Mod installed - now you can embed videos
Limit for Chrome : if you're using the httpS version, Chrome will silently complain about a Mixed Content issue and won't display the videos. If you're not connected, switch to http (= standard Reading mode), or click on the "Shield" icon in Chrome's Address Bar.
Limit for iPhone : no Preview is displayed - click on the video's title to watch it.
** Both limits are under investigation

2013-02-24 - "H1 Tags in linktree" installed, but seems to have no effect. Will have to try this on the Test server with the main theme used here on the forum...
                           Had to remove Helios MultiColor and Extreme6 themes for compatibility

2013-02-24 - applied Tried to apply Pretty Urls (force compatibiliy mode to RC4 - tested on the Test forum)  so now we shoud have had have https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/arctic-sea-ice/what-will-the-arctic-resemble-in-2050/msg441 instead of some ugly MsgId. Sorry, it was fully tested on another server, but went into problems. Was removed and hopefully fixed at 19:00 Paris Time

2013-02-21 - forum upgrade to 2.0.4

2013-02-20 - Real things start ! Forum goes public
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 10:24:05 PM by DungeonMaster »
This forum helps me to feel less uncomfortable about "doing something" about the melting Arctic and the warming world.

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
Re: Log
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 07:04:13 AM »
Just test Save time
This forum helps me to feel less uncomfortable about "doing something" about the melting Arctic and the warming world.

Shared Humanity

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »
I have recently started to have difficulty pulling up this site. Not sure why. Has anyone else struggled with this?

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:36:52 AM »
I have recently started to have difficulty pulling up this site. Not sure why. Has anyone else struggled with this?

Is it better now that the server was upgraded?

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:18:16 PM »
Migration Test

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
Done

idunno

• Frazil ice
  • wonders are many
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 07:14:51 PM »
Hi DungeonMaster,

The ASIB has direct links to both this forum and to the Graphs page. Would it be possible to provide direct links from here to both of these?

Or do I get clapped in irons and whipped to within an inch of my miserable life with a semi-defrosted Arctic halibut, or other flatfish, as appropriate, for even daring to address Your Splendidness?

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 01:56:11 AM »
Hi DungeonMaster,

The ASIB has direct links to both this forum and to the Graphs page. Would it be possible to provide direct links from here to both of these?

Or do I get clapped in irons and whipped to within an inch of my miserable life with a semi-defrosted Arctic halibut, or other flatfish, as appropriate, for even daring to address Your Splendidness?
Ma modestie dussé-t'elle en pâtir, je m'en occuperai céans.
Why the ... do you speak like this to me ?? Please don't hesitate PMing me, I'm not here frequently.

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
Hi DungeonMaster,

C'est fait, mon ami :D

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
Added a Donate Button - going to Neven's Account, so don't hesitate contributing !

DungeonMaster

• Administrator
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 12:54:01 PM »
Hey this is a test

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
Re: Log (bigly)
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 02:39:45 PM »
Google chrome is telling me that ASIF is unsafe.

see message attached that appears every time I try to access any part of ASIF.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 951
  • Likes Given: 1251
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 02:43:53 PM »
Yes, I just had the same problem. And when I opened the site anyway, its all messed up...

[color=var(--heading-color)]Your connection is not privateAttackers might be trying to steal your information from forum.arctic-sea-ice.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

To get Chrome’s highest level of security, [/color]turn on enhanced protection[color=var(--heading-color)]
[size=0.875em]Back to safety[/size][size=0.875em]Hide advanced[/size]
This server could not prove that it is forum.arctic-sea-ice.net; its security certificate is from cluster015.hosting.ovh.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
[/color]
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 02:50:56 PM »
The problem has disappeared on my computer

and now it has come back
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 02:56:40 PM by gerontocrat »
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 02:56:19 PM »
It's still happening here.  On my Opera Browser, I can see the following, more explanatory, error message:

This server could not prove that it is forum.arctic-sea-ice.net; its security certificate is from cluster015.hosting.ovh.net. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to forum.arctic-sea-ice.net (unsafe)

Select the "Proceed" option, and it behaves as normal.  Different browsers are more or less persistent in enforcing this security feature.

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »
Same problem using Firefox.
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 04:29:58 PM »
Same here. After Proceed, it looks weird but a refresh fixes it.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
  • Liked: 309
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 07:14:44 PM »
Same thing here.

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 07:45:21 PM »
I logged out and logged back in:  no problems.
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

HapHazard

• Grease ice
  • Chillin' on Cold Mountain.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 284
  • Likes Given: 5241
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2021, 08:18:56 PM »
just a security certificate glitch, no biggie

server probably hiccupped
If I call you out but go no further, the reason is Brandolini's law.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
I'm not being allowed to log out .. when I try to click on 'log out' it disappears .. so it's a battle to get anywhere atm ..
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2021, 02:20:20 AM »
still a nightmare trying to browse or post .
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 08:24:15 AM »
Has the site been hacked? Or has the security certificate expired? Replacing the security certificate should be easy, no? Why is it taking this long?
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 08:41:37 AM »
I think Neven is on holiday, hopefully certificate should be updated soon.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
It looks like the problem is fixed now. We're secure again.

WTF happened?

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2022, 12:03:52 AM »
Was there a forum blackout this morning or was it only me?

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 12:07:55 AM »
Was there a forum blackout this morning or was it only me?
I haven't been able to open this website all day long. Just now is the first time I was able to open it again.

WTF happened?

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2022, 12:58:12 AM »
Yes, this site was inaccesible, nameservers at ovh were returning no data for forum.arctic-sea-ice.net

altho oddly, arctic-sea-ice.net did resolve to an IP with a webserver running which in turn informed that the site was not configured ...

sidd

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2022, 06:23:18 AM »
There was a partial outage which is quite weird. Eyeballing the recent posts list, posting activity declined ~80%. I know Neven himself couldn't access the site, but I had no problem at any time.

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2022, 05:51:08 PM »
I was certainly locked out (computer could not find the site) for over a day.  So glad it's back!