Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Thoroughly Compromized "Peace" Prize  (Read 2523 times)

viddaloo

• Nilas ice
  • Hardanger Sometimes
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
The Thoroughly Compromized "Peace" Prize
« on: October 10, 2014, 10:56:19 AM »
Folks, the criminal corporate elites of my thoroughly compromized country have just decided who will be this year's winner of the increasingly disgusting trophy, the so–called "Nobel Peace Prize".

If the past is anything to go by, the 2014 prize may very well go to the constantly warmongering NATO alliance. Another possibility is another prize to the thoroughly compromized IPCC. The Panel won in 2007, and has recently issued another "no hurry" deceptively laidback climate report.

Time will tell, and it's only 3 minutes left to wait.

Most likely a dissident to an enemy of NATO will get it, though.
[]

Laurent

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 50
Re: The Thoroughly Compromized "Peace" Prize
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:47:03 PM »
And the winner is : Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai
http://www.nobelprize.org/

I would have prefered Edward Snowden but I guess it is good to please US government with is fight against some islamists.

viddaloo

• Nilas ice
  • Hardanger Sometimes
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Thoroughly Compromized "Peace" Prize
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
Even though I support most dissidents, even most dissidents to the enemies of NATO, this year's prize leaves me with a very bad taste. Norwegian military, headed by Crown–Prince Haakon, used as their excuse to carpet–bomb and carry out genocide in Afghanistan since 2001, exactly the words used in the commentary to this year's "peace" prize: "The right of young girls to go to school".

In that way, one could and should interpret the 2014 prize as a very self–righteous choice for Crown–Prince Haakon and the rest of the Norwegian military elite.
[]