Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Near Term Human Extinction  (Read 50355 times)

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
  • Yes, I do not always bicycle
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 78
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Near Term Human Extinction
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2018, 04:34:50 AM »
Looks like we have some visitors from Stormfront posting.
Ah, those types? "Let's vote for Drumpf since Bannon isn't running"-types?  Too bad, bound to ideological denial of science, like the fact they carry African genes.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 05:15:18 AM by Pmt111500 »
Cooling the outside by heat pump.

ASILurker

« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2018, 01:12:35 PM »
This lady says what is on my mind far better than I

I do not believe humanity will be able to wake up from the propaganda narrative matrix and create a healthy world without a massive shift in the way we think and perceive. While most tend to look at what is commonly called spiritual enlightenment as an esoteric religious concept, or at most a lofty personal aspiration, I see it as a powerful yet mundane agent of social metamorphosis with far-reaching political consequences.

The fact that it is possible for human beings to radically shift their relationship with thought means that it is possible for us to collectively transcend our current fear-based, easily manipulated relationship with the world and evolve into something unprecedented together. Our unprecedented ability to network and share information already in and of itself represents a drastic change in the way humans relate cognitively with the world, and there are reasons to believe a collective awakening could already be unfolding for us.

Simply the fact that enlightenment is a potential that human beings have, combined with the fact that we have pressed ourselves into evolve-or-die time, indicates such a collective transcendence is a very real possibility.

https://www.greanvillepost.com/2018/12/02/who-i-am-where-i-stand-and-what-im-trying-to-do-here/

Lurk369:Best of Bookmarks
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:28:04 AM by Lurk »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 352
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2018, 03:27:34 AM »
If this is your 'cup of tea'

International Extinction Rebellion
https://xrebellion.org/
INTERNATIONAL signup.
We Declare: International Non-Violent Rebellion Against the World’s Governments for Criminal Inaction on the Ecological Crisis.
A "cup of tea" or a glass of hemlock, what a choice. ::)
Terry

Tom_Mazanec

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 301
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2019, 04:57:41 PM »
Video: Will Climate Change Crisis End Civilization?
I think the word they are groping for is "yes".
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

oren

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 844
  • Likes Given: 1266
« Reply #354 on: May 30, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »
Note the difference between the collapse of human civilization (quite possible, even probable in a few decades) and human extinction (very improbable IMHO).

Tom_Mazanec

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 301
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #355 on: May 30, 2019, 05:40:02 PM »
Good point, Oren.
Exploring further, I found an old thread about the author. Perhaps neven could move the post there?
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,701.0.html
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

morganism

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #356 on: September 29, 2019, 11:20:43 AM »
Facing Extinction
by Catherine Ingram

https://www.catherineingram.com/facingextinction/

Because the subject is so tragic and because it can scare or anger people, this is not an essay I ever wanted to write; it is one I would have wanted to read along the way.  But the words on these pages are meant only for those who are ready for them. I offer no hope or solutions for our continuation, only companionship and empathy to you, the reader, who either knows or suspects that there is no hope or solution to be found. What we now need to find is courage.