Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 391101 times)

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3589
  • Likes Given: 3943
Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #1250 on: August 18, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »
I wish all would stop bickering, self moderation is highly recommended. FG I think you need a day or a week off from this thread. Blumenkraft ditto. Simple - don't read and don't post here and all will be well.
And please put each other on ignore. This will also block PMs.
Anyone who is considering leaving, please put offending parties on ignore. Not great, but better than leaving.

ajouis

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 55
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #1251 on: August 18, 2020, 07:25:30 PM »
did Blumenkraft just quit?
After a thousand steps on the ice, it cracked.
The Man looked down at the infinite blue of the sea.
On the horizon, standing still, the polar bear had just scented his next meal.

Less than 3000 cubic kilometers this Piomas minimum.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
  • Chillin' on Cold Mountain.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 284
  • Likes Given: 5257
« Reply #1252 on: August 18, 2020, 07:35:48 PM »
did Blumenkraft just quit?

Looks like it.

Lovely community vibe here.
If I call you out but go no further, the reason is Brandolini's law.

ajouis

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 18, 2020, 07:39:30 PM »
anyways this is the last pm I tried to send him, unfortunately too late, hopefully he will read it, his part redacted for privacy, for context I approached him a couple of hours ago to suggest just blocking pms.

Quote from: blumenkraft
I don't think Oren is doing this on a personal basis, more because of the general amount of bottom notifications this drama created, maybe you should take it up to Neven directly on the matter of your mod retirement with, for example, screenshot proof of your innocence. He is stubborn though so he may not even acknowledge he was wrong. In which case start a different forum thread, so at least it's not pinned to the top and can subside once everything is settled.
[redacted blumenkraft pm for privacy]
I didn't mean take screenshots of him, rather screenshots of your pms showing the absence of conspiracy, but whatever I get why you're uneasy but if you want (if you don't that's fine too) Neven to recognize he was wrong, private messages are a lot better than a public forum where he has acumen and open backing, which never go well with revising your positions. (I don't know what NT means btw)

The harassment was noticeable, even in public, and I don't get why the other mods didn't stick by you more, hopefully it at least gets better now. I am sorry you experienced this, and please remain an Asif member

Not everyone thinks you're an asshole, most people will not even read the thread (thank god), and distanciation should do the trick of him not going after you. However it is not the first time something happened with [redacted for drama avoidance], and that kind of pattern needs to be regulated, which is what I alluded to both in my comments and here. I know you're not a mod anymore, but if it repeats itself again (happened on the cryosphere before) we really need to talk to Neven, because it's not going to get better.

Hoping you're doing better,
regards

PS: I relent any privacy privilege from this conversation so feel free to quote whatever you want, with no incidence on the privacy of your messages of course.

ajouis

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 18, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »
Looks like it.

Lovely community vibe here.

We lost a valuable member today

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 18, 2020, 07:46:01 PM »
Indeed we did.

bbr2315

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 73
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #1256 on: August 18, 2020, 07:53:28 PM »
We should allow my ice age pet theory talk in every thread again so all of you can once again have a common enemy and stop fighting w eachother.  8)

I actually would like to be taken off moderation please // I think my posting has improved pretty dramatically but obviously my observations are impartial // often my posts contain timely information which is often reposted hours later to the detriment of discussion (i.e. Archimid's repost of the same COVID study today in that thread)

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 18, 2020, 07:56:34 PM »
Very bad, very sorry to see this happen.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1337
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #1258 on: August 18, 2020, 08:09:47 PM »
Drama queen bullshit... People are taking themselves way too serious. But hey, their decision.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

jens

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #1259 on: August 18, 2020, 08:20:28 PM »
If there is a group of people together there are different personalities. In a group of dozens of people there are probably those, who are prone to creating drama. The only solution for that group to keep co-existing is to stop giving attention to people, who strive on drama and conflicts. There is no other way around. You just have to be above people, who attempt to put you down. Which also means not going along with provocations. It's just an attempt to test, how strong you are, in that person's mind.

Gerntocratis#1

« Reply #1260 on: August 18, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
I really don't understand the culture in this forum of people leaving and deleting their accounts anytime there is a disagreement. Take a few days and cool off instead, then reflect. After this people can solve their arguments with less emotions and insults involved.

Don't abandon this place because you have all built something special here. Its not worth it to throw away years of work for an argument.

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
  • Liked: 309
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1261 on: August 18, 2020, 08:48:51 PM »
I think my posting has improved pretty dramatically but obviously my observations are impartial

I have to say that you are not the only one whose posting has improved. There are people who I thought were climate deniers who start to say things that makes a little bit of sense. Maybe some people came with the Idea of creating trouble and end up learning something.

Lets be positive, I have found in many cases that we were smart enough not to react at some provocations, lets try to continue. It's sad that Blumenkraft left, I hope he keeps reading us and will come back soon.

We probably underestimate the cultural challenge that we face, maybe you can be considered as a climate activist in Houston or Miami, on FOX news... and a climate denier on this forum, we all have all different backgrounds and information, just to give you an example, my wife found an article explaining the advantages of AGW for the wine producers in Luxembourg; it didn't stay long online, but it was published. 

igs

« Reply #1262 on: August 18, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
After reading this again, I actually gave this a +1, because I completely agree with you. Except for one thing, and that is that you think that anger and hate are the same thing. I don't think anger and hate are the same. Just like love and like aren't the same thing.

You can be angry at things, but that doesn't mean you hate. Hate is a poison that slowly erodes our morals. Hate is the opposite of love, and love means being able to forgive, and accept the fact that bad shit happens.

Hate is a destructive force. Anger is an emotion out of caring. You can't get angry if you don't care, and you need to be able to love to care. So those who hate don't care. Those that get angry are also filled with love...

I was fully aware of the possible implication of how i wrote it but then it was already a long post and to go to perfection would take up several pages (books in fact)

What I'm saying is that I fully agree and am fully aware theat there indeed is a distiction between hate and anger, I was referring more to the everyday language how the words are used and as mentioned, without the means to take each word appart separately.

In short, yes you are right and I interpreted your non-reply up to now as considerations and I'm glad I was right.

Being of different opinions and using distinct semantics and vocabulary is part of a fruitful learning process IMO which is why I LOVE discussions down to the bottom while many find it TLTR.

Have a good time

:) :) :)

igs

« Reply #1263 on: August 18, 2020, 09:23:22 PM »
We should allow my ice age pet theory talk in every thread again so all of you can once again have a common enemy and stop fighting w eachother.  8)

I actually would like to be taken off moderation please // I think my posting has improved pretty dramatically but obviously my observations are impartial // often my posts contain timely information which is often reposted hours later to the detriment of discussion (i.e. Archimid's repost of the same COVID study today in that thread)

The thought behind your post is indeed quite a great thought.

Basically I'm smiling because of how long and insisting many good and smart guys can contiunue futile topics and on the other hand it's a said thing to see many great minds get into clinches like that.

Almost no-one is totally wrong here and almost no-one ist totally right, if only we humans would learn to better accept "as well as" for a fact of life.

There are facts, there are opinions, there are attitudes and even the best can lose it from time to time and it should simply be forgiven and perhaps returned with a small sorry from time to time.

nanning

• Nilas ice
  • 0Kg CO₂, 37 KWh/wk,125L H₂O/wk, No offspring
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 273
  • Likes Given: 23170
« Reply #1264 on: August 19, 2020, 06:58:33 AM »
Truly sad this morning to discover my friend blumenkraft has left  :'( :'(
I really wish that you'll return soon.

I've read above a number of good and constuctive posts here which is great and shows that we are not a fighting or competing group but have the capacity for unity. Let's be aware of the fact that what is written here is public i.e. for the world to see.

And I agree with be cause that blumenkraft deserves an answer but I don't think he'll get it and it can't be forced. It is what it is. Being accused whilst not being guilty is something in life that cannot always be rectified and can emotionally be very tough. I wish you strenght and love blum  :-*.

Since we're not a real life group and therefore miss a lot of communication information because of our abstract interaction, it is even more important to use emotional restraint.

blumenkraft, you have many friends here who are sad that you have left and miss you and your input and efforts!  And your energy :)
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning
Why do you keep accumulating stuff?

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #1265 on: August 19, 2020, 10:25:52 AM »
Drama queen bullshit... People are taking themselves way too serious. But hey, their decision.

Nah. If a moderator is using his authority to deliver unscientific propaganda, insulting members, insulting the forum and derailing threads, their decision was hastened by such mods actions. And leaving would be justified.

That's what you are doing. Also you are setting the standards for the forum very low so you can squeze in your point of view.

Also the Sea Ice and the Climate are highly connected. Observing events happening simultaneously in the Arctic and in the rest of the climate is a valuable tool that you are trashing just so you can drive your point.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:50:49 AM by Archimid »
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #1266 on: August 19, 2020, 12:51:03 PM »
blum and I disagree vehemently on what I regard as the most important issue of all (the one which shall not be named on this forum), but irregardless I consider him a friend and hope he comes back.

bbr2315

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 19, 2020, 01:31:03 PM »

Nah. If a moderator is using his authority to deliver unscientific propaganda, insulting members, insulting the forum and derailing threads, their decision was hastened by such mods actions. And leaving would be justified.

That's what you are doing. Also you are setting the standards for the forum very low so you can squeze in your point of view.

Also the Sea Ice and the Climate are highly connected. Observing events happening simultaneously in the Arctic and in the rest of the climate is a valuable tool that you are trashing just so you can drive your point.
You are doing exactly what you accuse Neven of in the COVID thread, without any evidence. I hope you can rejoin Neven, myself, and others, in reality again soon.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 962
  • Likes Given: 1262
« Reply #1268 on: August 19, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »
I always liked Blum as well, until I found out what he was doing behind my back. I reported it to Neven, who then investigated it, and confirmed that what I reported to him was accurate. Neither Neven or I were responsible for Blum asking to be removed as moderator, or for him to delete his account. He decided that all by himself. So please stop thinking I'm the bad guy here! I did what I thought was best for the forum. I hope people can respect that, and move on.

This will be the last thing I will say about this. Let's focus back on the ice now.
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5308
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1269 on: August 19, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »
Blumenkraft saved the day for me so I'm biased.

As regards the debate(?) (and thus debase a good word) above...
No-one won.
The forum lost.

and that is definitely all I'm going to say about that.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 369
« Reply #1270 on: August 19, 2020, 03:50:49 PM »
These days when I have made a post, I am experiencing anxiety because kassy might cut (parts of) my post without consultation or explanation (or apology). To ameliorate that, I am now saving the texts in a separate file just in case.
I have seen Flori's post this morning which has been partially cut and I am curious about what he wrote since he often writes interesting stuff imo.
[...]
The carbon cycle thread?

I forgot what I wrote :) Likely it was about the carbon cycle being relevant even to folk beyond 50. And that's a tad depressing. Maybe kassy was right deleting it.
(I don't have the words right now, so I tell about my grandpa who died shortly after 9/11 2001: It was the last kick for him.) 

--------------------
Now I'm seriously curious what happened with Blumi. A German radical :) like me, but different...

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:25:18 PM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak minded." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #1271 on: August 19, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »
I know this blogger is not considered "good" on this forum, but he made a good point yesterday:
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/something-that-is-absolutely-critical-to-remember-over-the-next-several-months
I see so much hatred on the Internet these days.  Of course the Internet has always been filled with hate, but election season seems to bring it to a crescendo.  Many of the things that are being said about others are too horrible for me to repeat, but you know exactly what I am talking about.  One of the main reasons why a lot of good people don’t want to get into politics is because of all the nastiness that takes place, and we are truly setting a horrible example for the rest of the globe.
I still like blum after all this, as do some of the other posters here. Let's try to remember this blog post in the future. As he says, if you win but hate your opponent, you lose.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1017
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #1272 on: August 19, 2020, 04:14:28 PM »
Just to echo gerontocrat's appreciation for Blumenkraft . No one cared more for the ASIF and it's continued success at informing and recording . This was why he stepped up when Neven called for help and again for Gerontocrat .

He did make the mistake of thinking everyone should be moderated , without exception .
Blumenkraft thought Neven needed moderation . He pm'd his fellow mods , an unwise move . I feared the outcome would be exactly as happened .

There were no goings-on behind Freegrass's back .

As others have said , everyone and the forum lost ..

b.c.
There is no death , the Son of God is We .

nanning

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 19, 2020, 05:56:51 PM »
Freegrass, please, please, give it a rest. Let's say, out of respect for the forum. be cause is not dividing at all, that is only in your mind.
And realise yourself that you are in effect 'the flame'. Please ignore the oil, wood, diesel and gas.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 06:02:57 PM by nanning »
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning

Bruce Steele

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 760
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #1274 on: August 19, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
I was lucky enough to get a PM to Blum before he left and was able to let him know I considered him a friend. He wrote and we ended our relations as friends.
 Blum was pretty far left and his perspectives kinda grated against someone like me who is basically a centrist which IMO is the most difficult placeto be . To be a good centrist you need to see issues through both liberal and conservative perspectives. So for me Blum was pulling harder to the left than I was usually comfortable with but comfort is always dangerous when balancing existential issues.
We deal with tough issues here on the forum, issues too easily swept under the rug for most people.
Here on the forum we have lots of left leaning members , some centrists , and a few brave conservatives. I would hope we could maintain enough grace around here to allow conservatives a voice on occasion because I need the challenge of considering two sides.
 Blum pushed my comfort zone and on occasion Walrus can make me work a little harder to justify where I am comfortable also.
 Thanks to all really but i’d appreciate a little peace for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:03:02 PM by Bruce Steele »

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: August 19, 2020, 07:16:19 PM »
This will be the last thing I will say about this.

Well that lasted long. Try to stop being a paranoid bully playing the victim, and just back away.

I'm with nanning, gerontocrat & bc on this one.

nanning

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 19, 2020, 07:44:53 PM »
HapHazard.... if you are with me, us, then please change your first sentence wording.
These wordings can provoke even more hot responses. Let's not.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 19, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
I will not coddle adults who act like children.

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 574
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #1278 on: August 19, 2020, 09:07:39 PM »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:16:18 PM by Neven »

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #1279 on: August 19, 2020, 09:41:49 PM »
I join others in wishing bk well, and thanking him for his services to the forum in general and to me in particular.
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 19, 2020, 09:59:51 PM »
Just to echo gerontocrat's appreciation for Blumenkraft . No one cared more for the ASIF and it's continued success at informing and recording . This was why he stepped up when Neven called for help and again for Gerontocrat .

He did make the mistake of thinking everyone should be moderated , without exception .
Blumenkraft thought Neven needed moderation . He pm'd his fellow mods , an unwise move . I feared the outcome would be exactly as happened .

There were no goings-on behind Freegrass's back .

As others have said , everyone and the forum lost ..

b.c.
Here we go again... Another moderator pouring oil on the flames, just as they were about to go out...

STOP IT NOW! You're supposed to moderate and keep the peace. Not tell lies and divide and cause more harm.

A moderator should put a stop to your abuse.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 19, 2020, 10:15:20 PM »

Agreed, even though I find it mildly entertaining.

I much prefer FGs posts in the Cryosphere area. He offers good info, and his posting style there is generally pleasant.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 962
  • Likes Given: 1262
« Reply #1282 on: August 19, 2020, 10:26:07 PM »

I much prefer FGs posts in the Cryosphere area. He offers good info, and his posting style there is generally pleasant.
Thanks HapH! I really appreciate that...  :)

What I would love to see on this forum is what I've already suggested a few times before, that messages about other members should always be deleted immediately by moderators.

Let's talk about the ice and so much more, but let's stop talking about other members... That only creates division and heartache and it's not beneficial to the forum...

It was a hardcore rule that was vigorously enforced on the Investors Hub financial forum, and it took the heat out of the discussions...
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1337
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #1283 on: August 19, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »

I agree, I've snipped the last few posts.

To go back on topic, ie Forum Decorum:

everyone should be moderated , without exception

I agree. Moderators should be able to moderate me, given that I often fail to moderate myself when writing in a bad/depressed mood. In the COVID discussion, I could have been moderated when lashing out at Blum, Archimid and Martin Gisser (Florifulgurator), even though it was a reaction to stuff they could have been moderated for as well.

What should not be moderated - I feel - is stuff that goes against the grain. I know that there's a broad agreement between politics, media and a large part of the educated population with regard to SARS-CoV-2 and policy surrounding it. That doesn't mean that when I or anyone else criticizes aspects of it (the fear-inducing, the exaggerated amount of attention, the consequences of lockdown, the erroneousness of incomplete data, etc), this should be automatically moderated. If only for the fact that many things are very much unknown, and so there's a wide range of possible opinions.

I know I'm walking a fine line when it comes to SARS-CoV-2, but I don't feel that I have crossed it to the point where some 'truth commission' or 'factchecking team' needs to step in and start erasing stuff. This is dangerous for the simple fact that we know that vested interests have an enormous influence over official narratives , and subsequently over the boundaries of accepted debate.

Where I do go wrong, is when I'm writing in anger and lash out at people. If someone moderates that, I will most certainly not take away their mod powers.

Either way, I'm not posting in the COVID-thread any longer. Maybe that's some kind of trade-off, even if I deem Blumenkraft's dramatic exit entirely unnecessary.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 19, 2020, 10:37:16 PM »

He does contribute to the discussion at times. At other times he has no filter.
I do not find it entertaining at all but being amused is probably healthier.

Rod

« Reply #1285 on: August 20, 2020, 03:59:13 AM »
BK, if you are lurking, please know that I join in what others have said.

You were/are a very valuable member of this community!

Please consider making another account, and rejoining the discussions on the sea ice threads.  We miss your valuable input. Just stay away from the political threads and your blood pressure won’t rise so high. I know that every time I stray from the cryosphere section, I always regret it.

I have thought about deleting my account a few times. But, that would not accomplish anything, and I would miss this place. Lurking in silence is just not the same.

Give it some thought. If you do decide to comeback, I’m sure there will be no hard feelings with anyone. There seems to have been a lot of miscommunication. I don’t think anyone had it out for you, and I certainly don’t think you had it out for anyone.

I hope you decide to come back. If not, I understand, and I thank you for your contributions. If we can’t speak again, good luck to you! I wish you well!

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 20, 2020, 04:07:23 AM »
What Rod said, all of it.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1287 on: August 20, 2020, 06:28:37 AM »
I've noticed on this and other fora, that quite a few if those who cancel their accounts (some with a "goodbye, cruel world" post) return either under the same or a different name.

Alas, the behaviour that led them to leaving often persists ...

sidd

nanning

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 20, 2020, 07:55:00 AM »
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,2346.msg282113.html#msg282113

I am surprised that the above post with "God" was allowed trough (an interesting post imo, please don't snip), but mine (which wasn't about God at all, just one mention in a list of examples) got snipped:
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3189.msg275212.html#msg275212

I am confused!

kassy, will you please enlighten me? You replied to the post so have read it.
This is absolutely not meant to create another 'flame'. Just for important clarification.

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 710
  • Likes Given: 380
« Reply #1289 on: August 20, 2020, 08:45:12 AM »
Different areas have different rules Nanning.
God is not really within the scope of AGW.

On other forums I am often a militant hard Atheist I do not see value in taking that position on here.
Debate about God is only going to cause needless division and would distract from our purpose.
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
Robert Heinlein.

nanning

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 20, 2020, 11:36:42 AM »
I agree KiwiGriff.
Waiting for kassy for an explanation.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 20, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
 ^^ +1 ..   b.c.

p.s.  I'd be happy to welcome God , god and gods (I've a bit of Thor in me ) in the off-topic world . Even to discuss ..  'Life without .. God ..'

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 20, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »
^^ +1 ..   b.c.

p.s.  I'd be happy to welcome God , god and gods (I've a bit of Thor in me ) in the off-topic world . Even to discuss ..  'Life without .. God ..'

Bow to your god

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 20, 2020, 01:11:38 PM »
I like your boots .. but I'll not be licking or bowing .. b.c.

ps .. looks like you are on the set of the 101 damnations ..

BornFromTheVoid

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 679
  • Likes Given: 299
« Reply #1294 on: August 20, 2020, 02:34:37 PM »

Bow to your god

Interesting to see what Santa gets up to in the off-season.
I recently joined the twitter thing, where I post more analysis, pics and animations: @Icy_Samuel

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2053
  • Likes Given: 1991
« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2020, 02:52:23 PM »
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,2346.msg282113.html#msg282113

I am surprised that the above post with "God" was allowed trough (an interesting post imo, please don't snip), but mine (which wasn't about God at all, just one mention in a list of examples) got snipped:
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3189.msg275212.html#msg275212

I am confused!

kassy, will you please enlighten me? You replied to the post so have read it.
This is absolutely not meant to create another 'flame'. Just for important clarification.

Hi nanning,

all posts by people are allowed through but what happens then might require moderation action.

I think a huge part of the confusion is that you probably never saw all the replies in their ugly glory.

You only mentioned it in the starting paragraph but it was worded rather strongly. That is not a problem for me per se since it is basically just you stating your position.

What followed then was a whole flurry of posts arguing in one liners whether or not god existed. That is a BS topic for the internet in general , it was off topic for the sub forum and thread so i started cutting things.

I think that any original theory crafting should be done in The Rest anyway.

Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

nanning

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2020, 05:07:53 PM »
Thank you kassy for responding but it is still not clear to me why you cut my post since I took no part in it.
Do you see what I mean?

You could've just snipped the word "God" from that little example list in my post and it would not have hurt it. I wouldn't have mind that at all because I would read what happened and why in a little <text k.>, and I would understand completely.

igs

« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2020, 08:01:29 PM »
Generally too much of this around IMO:

Mimosa pudica

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 20, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »
Interesting to see what Santa gets up to in the off-season.
haha To be clear, that's literally God, from the show Preacher.

/off-topic

bbr2315

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 21, 2020, 06:38:11 AM »
In the COVID thread Neven is Mama June and I am Precious Plum. The COVID posts are them cookies. The end result is the car crash aka this thread.

I done got bit by dog the bat!