Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 12224 times)

Lurk

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 70
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »
See? It's easy to keep the riff-raff away. Make them 'ignore' you by doing exactly what pisses them off uncontrollably. It's so nice to have space to move and to breath freely without pests hanging about.

From BREITBART.com
President Donald Trump created the first national park to honor black people who fought in the Civil War with the designation of Camp Nelson in Nicholasville, Kentucky, as the nation’s newest National Monument.

The media paid little attention, but President Trump signed the proclamation on October 26 making Camp Nelson a national monument, Daily Wire noted.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/06/president-trump-honors-black-civil-war-soldiers-with-national-monument/

;)
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard

AbruptSLR

• ASIF Emperor
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 132
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »
Luckily no Breitbart infestation yet.

Just read Lurk's Reply #100.

Edit: It appears that the posters who link to alt-right sources, just love Neven's 'bothsidesism' decorum approach.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:39:03 PM by AbruptSLR »
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Lurk

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2018, 01:27:48 AM »
Luckily no Breitbart infestation yet.

Just read Lurk's Reply #100.

Edit: It appears that the posters who link to alt-right sources, just love Neven's 'bothsidesism' decorum approach.

It's funny other how otherwise quite smart people do not get the simplest of things that happen right in front of their face. Even when it's explained to them in plain english as it happens. :)

While others never get to see the joke because you're plonked in their ignore list. lol
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ― Soren Kierkegaard

Lurk

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2018, 07:57:42 AM »
 A University of Pennsylvania study has proven that reducing social media use to 10 minutes a day (like that’s even possible) can help reduce depression and loneliness.

Feeling depressed, lonely, disconnected? A new study from the University of Pennsylvania suggests prolonged exposure to social media might be the cause – which for some will come as little surprise, even though it seems to be the exact opposite of what social networks are supposed to do.

Social media has become as fiercely competitive as the rest of our lives, with users struggling desperately with one another for likes, shares and followers, and now it is clear that this can have serious side-effects. While the study has identified the problem, the odds of anyone missing out on the latest cat memes and pictures of their friend’s lunch for something as trivial as mental health seems unlikely.

Neven

• Administrator
  • ASIF Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 225
  • Likes Given: 158
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
Feeling depressed, lonely, disconnected? A new study from the University of Pennsylvania suggests prolonged exposure to social media might be the cause – which for some will come as little surprise, even though it seems to be the exact opposite of what social networks are supposed to do.

People keep telling me that this forum is social media too, so maybe that's why I often feel that way?
Compare, compare, compare

be cause

• ASIF Citizen
  • Citizenship .. a Lurker gets asylum
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »
I don't know .. but if you are happy with Lurk's post on wildfires this am then you may need some siort of help .. b.c.

ps .. you probably won't be happy with my response ..
be the cause of only good
and love all beings as you should
and the 'God' of all Creation
will .. through you .. transform all nations :)

Sleepy

• ASIF Upper Class
  • Every day you live, something else dies.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 62
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
Omnia mirari, etiam tritissima.

Neven

• Administrator
  • ASIF Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2018, 01:02:29 PM »
I don't know .. but if you are happy with Lurk's post on wildfires this am then you may need some siort of help .. b.c.

I'm neither happy or unhappy. I respect the position, and I understand where it's coming from. I'd be happier if we can start mitigating AGW for real without having had to wait for extreme AGW-fuelled events to do serious damage (except to Mar-a-lago, of course, that would be okay, right?).

It's out of our hands anyway, and of course, it's already happening.

ps .. you probably won't be happy with my response ..

I've stated repeatedly that I don't mind the occasional curse word or insult. But others do, and then they start complaining, and that means more work for Neven. And as Neven already has plenty of work online and offline, he gets unhappy.

Sleepy

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
Posted elsewhere, to lazy to find it right now. Why We suck.

Sleepy

• ASIF Upper Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2018, 02:39:20 PM »
Yesterday was an all time "Most Online" record if this is correct?

Neven

• Administrator
  • ASIF Royalty
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2018, 04:07:09 PM »
Posted a reply here.