Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 384245 times)

sailor

Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #1600 on: January 13, 2021, 07:40:02 PM »
Hi John , I am an ex Green Party spokesman somewhere to the left of Bernie politically , active in caring @ our planet for a lifetime and a long term cannabis campaigner . I volunteered this role (mod) as a balance to blumenkraft . Sadly he is gone so I am dealing with this sector . You had already been flagged in my message box as a troll , but you were not being disruptive in my sector . The antics of some posters that led to the loss of a number of good posters last year has left me intolerant of disruption .. 
  I find Sailor's post rather hilarious .. I am part of no tribe on this forum or in life . Ask just @ anyone else ! He does say he thinks I am basically right at the same time as calling me a bad moderator . I just don't have time to pussyfoot around these days .
   If anyone is desperate to take my place , give me a pm ! b.c.  :D

I deleted my post.

You have had quarrels with people because of different point of view and people have complained that you use moderation based on that.

And your initial answer to J. P. was pretty bad so I lashed out.

Deleted.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
  • Chillin' on Cold Mountain.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 284
  • Likes Given: 5241
« Reply #1601 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:53 PM »
The antics of some posters that led to the loss of a number of good posters last year has left me intolerant of disruption
I just don't have time to pussyfoot around these days .
I kept the relevant bits in the quote, because they are important & I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for doing what you do.
If I call you out but go no further, the reason is Brandolini's law.

John Palmer.

« Reply #1602 on: January 13, 2021, 11:52:48 PM »
I’ve been thinking after having lunch. This Forum is definitely a great source of information when something about the Arctic is going on or a fjord glacier is calving or Antarctica lets loose a Manhattan size iceberg. I find the politics section fun to read but I made a mistake thinking that posting would be as fun. Thin skin? Perhaps. I never posted with bad faith, please review my posts, I did not insult a single time. however I’ve been receiving quite insulting responses from three or four posters.

The toxicity of this place is easily overlooked when you are just a lurker. But it’s no fun when you’re at the receiving end. I don’t really enjoy engaging in this sort of toxic back and forth. Perhaps this forum is for those oldies around that have found their niche, a comfort zone within the forum, but alternative points of view or real dialogue intents are willfully dismissed. Kinda decadent feeling. Even the interface reeks of Internet 1.0.

So, I am taking b.c. brutal but honest advice and getting out of here. Now, I bet since you are such a noble tribe, will take the chance to further insult me. Enjoy in your pettiness.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:04:02 AM by John Palmer. »

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #1603 on: January 14, 2021, 02:48:50 AM »
See .. now @ 1.42 am I catch up . Mum , 'I'm nearly 93 ! You know !' , has had her Astra Zeneca vaccine  and I've been on the go for 36 of the last 48 hours . Nite nite . b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #1604 on: January 14, 2021, 03:54:06 AM »
So, I am taking b.c. brutal but honest advice and getting out of here.
I wish you had taken my advice instead, but to each his own.

blu_ice

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #1605 on: January 14, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
A friendly suggestion: delete all Covid related threads.

The forum is built on topics related to arctic ice, climate and the environment.  We all share interest in those them, as well as somewhat similar worldview.

It should be obvious by now that the good members of the ASIF will never find common ground regarding the pandemic. The endless toxic discussion is destroying the forum.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #1606 on: January 14, 2021, 02:29:36 PM »
The endless toxic discussion is destroying the forum.

Don't be such a drama queen. As long as this holds up, the Forum is fulfilling its function 100%:

This Forum is definitely a great source of information when something about the Arctic is going on or a fjord glacier is calving or Antarctica lets loose a Manhattan size iceberg.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 14, 2021, 03:42:18 PM »
Actually the comment by blu_ice made sense, Covid discussions have caused much dissent this year (as have politics discussions in period after Trump's election). However, at least regarding Covid I would not delete that thread, I find it to be a very useful and in-depth source of information unmatched elsewhere. I wish that those who don't care for it will simply avoid it, rather than being dragged down into the occasional harsh disagreements.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 14, 2021, 03:45:31 PM »
And to those occasional few who want to take time off from the forum, if you do so please don't delete your account. It's a shame to lose access to all previous posts and to cut off communications by private messages, when simply lurking silently is an available alternative. And when re-registering (which happens every now and then) people need to get to know you again.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 14, 2021, 11:48:10 PM »
Owing primarily to his recent reference to President Obama as 'the mulatto' , Tom has been invited not to post in the 'off-topic' section for a week . b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 15, 2021, 11:07:12 AM »
Life here is so much better when you stick to the Cryosphere subsection.

Even reading this thread feels kinda like when I take a look at American news, as a Canadian.  :o ;D

Alphabet Hotel

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 179
  • Likes Given: 179
« Reply #1611 on: January 15, 2021, 01:38:59 PM »
That "they're making up new strains so antisocial basement dwellers don't have to go outside" post was just so sad.

Here we have someone who believes scientists about climate change (I presume) but at the same time thinks those RNA sequences from new virus strains the scientists post to their genetics databases are some kind of "fake science".  Maybe he's the owner of this van spotted recently in northeast Ohio, USA?

bbr2315

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 73
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #1612 on: January 15, 2021, 04:43:17 PM »
That "they're making up new strains so antisocial basement dwellers don't have to go outside" post was just so sad.

Here we have someone who believes scientists about climate change (I presume) but at the same time thinks those RNA sequences from new virus strains the scientists post to their genetics databases are some kind of "fake science".  Maybe he's the owner of this van spotted recently in northeast Ohio, USA?
Clearly viruses mutate, but the hysteria over "new strains" is exactly that.

Also, I don't believe "scientists" about climate change, in case you have not read my posts, I believe that melt + albedo feedbacks etc will override GHG.

It is so sad that the religion science has become rules with an iron fist on a forum where open discussion of ideas should be allowed and encouraged. These used to be tenets of the ASIF, prior to the death of Neven's father, when he evidently fell into a depression (which is not unreasonable) and ceded control to the little Eichmanns now in power (which IS unreasonable).

Neven, I am sorry for your personal loss, but I think you have now compounded that via the loss of this Forum to the discourse of posters like vox_mundi, who are interested in repeating talking points from oligarch-owned media, instead of engaging in debate and furthering understanding of what people used to come here to discuss.

Now, posters who should be valued are attacked incessantly and the echo chamber of stupidity continues getting smaller and smaller. I have not deleted my account because I do believe in some version of Rokko's Basilisk, but if I did not believe in that, I most definitely would.

The moderators here do not add to the discourse, they BULLY posters and attack them incessantly, acting as little Nazis. And Be_cause may actually be a legitimate Nazi given his jokes about the Holocaust which are apparently tolerated and encouraged by our little Austrian admin given be_cause is STILL a moderator.

Bruce Steele

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 744
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #1613 on: January 15, 2021, 09:29:37 PM »
That van is equipped with chicken wire on the roof to block , EMP ?  Tinfoil for sure.
More people should realize that any advice given is usually wasted hot air anyhow.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #1614 on: January 16, 2021, 05:16:19 PM »
Clearly viruses mutate, but the hysteria over "new strains" is exactly that.

Also, I don't believe "scientists" about climate change, in case you have not read my posts, I believe that melt + albedo feedbacks etc will override GHG.

It is so sad that the religion science has become rules with an iron fist on a forum where open discussion of ideas should be allowed and encouraged. These used to be tenets of the ASIF, prior to the death of Neven's father, when he evidently fell into a depression (which is not unreasonable) and ceded control to the little Eichmanns now in power (which IS unreasonable).

Neven, I am sorry for your personal loss, but I think you have now compounded that via the loss of this Forum to the discourse of posters like vox_mundi, who are interested in repeating talking points from oligarch-owned media, instead of engaging in debate and furthering understanding of what people used to come here to discuss.

Now, posters who should be valued are attacked incessantly and the echo chamber of stupidity continues getting smaller and smaller. I have not deleted my account because I do believe in some version of Rokko's Basilisk, but if I did not believe in that, I most definitely would.

The moderators here do not add to the discourse, they BULLY posters and attack them incessantly, acting as little Nazis. And Be_cause may actually be a legitimate Nazi given his jokes about the Holocaust which are apparently tolerated and encouraged by our little Austrian admin given be_cause is STILL a moderator.

I am not Austrian and there never have been any 'tenets' on this forum. The forum is here so people can discuss and follow what goes on in the Arctic. All the rest is there to keep the shit out of the Cryosphere section.

I think the moderators are doing a more than fine job, even though I'm not a fan of the COVID thread (that's not the fault of moderators or members, it's simply impossible to go against a manipulated mass psychosis).

This is the ARCTIC SEA ICE Forum, nothing more, nothing less.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

jens

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #1615 on: January 19, 2021, 12:10:24 PM »
One thing is to discuss things in your armchair about upcoming problems in the future (AGW, ice-free arctic). Another thing is to discuss about problems that directly influence your life (i.e Covid). The problem is that people are afraid of death, and despite facing ecological collapse people are not adapted to the idea of dealing with actual collapse in personal lives.

As the climate crisis deepends, in addition to Covid we would get a variety of different discussions with people in panic. Be it poverty, economic crisis, political crisis, uprising, wars, hunger, etc. People lose their mind when they are personally involved in them. As mentioned, it's far easier to discuss about problems in your armchair, when they are still distant. But the issue with AGW is that at some point all compounding problems will reach everybody personally.

So my only suggestion for everyone is to reflect on the ecological catastrophe and make peace with the fact of annihiliation and death that planet Earth has decided to give us (and every other living creature) as we humans have exceeded the planetary carrying capacity with our consumption. Use the time left in your lives to reflect and still learn something useful. Either skills or philosophical conclusions about living a life. Don't be afraid or scared of problems, when they are coming, because in the grand scheme of things they are supposed to happen anyway. These problems are just an important lesson to learn. Living a life as a human being is a temporary experience anyway, for every single soul out there. Use that relatively short time on a cosmic scale to learn something valuable.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 19, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »
So very well said, Jens.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 20, 2021, 09:05:06 PM »

the abuse just keeps coming .. this from freegrass ...

So we all sing kumbaya now and America's problems are gone because Trump is gone? We just ignore the rise of China and American religious extremism that's eating that nation from the inside?

I find it disgusting that a single moderator can just delete an entire thread without reason or giving notice to the creator...

I'm seriously pissed off that BC deleted this thread... How many more of my contributions will get deleted on this forum because the moderator doesn't like me?

FUCK YOU BC!!!!!!!!!
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 07:51:52 PM by Freegrass »

Freegrr ass : .. I have not deleted your or any thread .
Any and every time I or others are subject to abuse in the off-topics section , there will be a gap in postings by the abuser .   b.c.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1618 on: January 20, 2021, 11:10:49 PM »

the abuse just keeps coming .. this from freegrass ...

So we all sing kumbaya now and America's problems are gone because Trump is gone? We just ignore the rise of China and American religious extremism that's eating that nation from the inside?

I find it disgusting that a single moderator can just delete an entire thread without reason or giving notice to the creator...

I'm seriously pissed off that BC deleted this thread... How many more of my contributions will get deleted on this forum because the moderator doesn't like me?

FUCK YOU BC!!!!!!!!!
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 07:51:52 PM by Freegrass »

Freegrr ass : .. I have not deleted your or any thread .
Any and every time I or others are subject to abuse in the off-topics section , there will be a gap in postings by the abuser .   b.c.
The thread was not deleted. He forgot where it was.

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3402.msg298769.html#msg298769
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 21, 2021, 10:51:45 PM »
Why am I not surprised at all.  ::)

uniquorn

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2163
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #1620 on: February 20, 2021, 07:24:15 PM »
If that is the same johnm33, welcome back.

johnm33

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #1621 on: February 21, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
thanks uni

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 951
  • Likes Given: 1251
« Reply #1622 on: February 27, 2021, 02:33:56 AM »
Oren, I don't think it was fair to single me out. I think it was a good (short) discussion with multiple people about something important. I know it went a little off-topic, that's why I kept it short and already ended it when I said I completely understand this now. I learned something, and hopefully other non scientists like me that read the thread learned something as well... Others then continued, and then you singled me out. I don't think that was fair...
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 27, 2021, 04:47:20 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with it, considering your post history sometimes.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 27, 2021, 12:46:29 PM »
FG, your question was on topic but it was repeated in multiple posts and became a long discussion. Moreover, you used some harsh terms which naturally produced strongly worded responses which naturally produced some backlash, still reverberating through the thread.
OTOH all I asked was that if you wished to discuss it further, please continue it elsewhere. Not really singling you out or anything. In reality I probably should have been more hands on and edited out some language or moved some posts elsewhere, yet was too busy/tired.

uniquorn

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2163
  • Likes Given: 388
« Reply #1625 on: February 27, 2021, 07:08:00 PM »
<>In reality I probably should have been more hands on<>
It's predictably unreal ;)

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 28, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »
At least in the Cryo section we've had peace for a long while, but recently some issues arose.
May I remind all: when you see a post that falls outside posting guidelines, for example profanity, personal attacks, disruptive, repetitive or whatever else, it is best to click "report to moderator" and add a few words detailing the issue. This can help moderators realize a post is problematic for non-trivial issues, and can also help shorten moderator response time, especially for those mods who sleep from time to time. (I only have this problem on weekends).
This is often better than rebuttals in the same thread, because disruptive parties often escalate the disruption when they meet opposition, and those that were eventually "innocent" (by moderator judgement) can be offended by public admonishment.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 21, 2021, 07:27:13 PM »
I just started a new thread about Hydrokinetic energy, and after only a few minutes Kassy deleted it. WTF Kassy? You don't even have the decency to give me a reason for deleting it or a chance to copy the text I wrote? Why do you keep deleting my threads? What's your problem?
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 22, 2021, 11:00:47 AM »
I just started a new thread about Hydrokinetic energy, and after only a few minutes Kassy deleted it. WTF Kassy? You don't even have the decency to give me a reason for deleting it or a chance to copy the text I wrote? Why do you keep deleting my threads? What's your problem?

This is what you, Freegrass wrote...

Moved this over from the freeform season chatter thread. I started this discussion over there while drunk, but I would love to debate this a little further while sober.

And here it is..

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3456.msg303908.html#msg303908

You owe Kassy an apology, and perhaps thinking and doing a search  before posting diatribes would be a good idea.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 22, 2021, 03:13:02 PM »

Moved this over from the freeform season chatter thread. I started this discussion over there while drunk, but I would love to debate this a little further while sober.

And here it is..

You owe Kassy an apology, and perhaps thinking and doing a search  before posting diatribes would be a good idea.
There is no need for an apology this time Gerontocrat. She did indeed delete the thread, but I was able to recover the message because I installed a text recovery addon after something similar happened to me before. So I just opened it again, and talked about it with Kassy in a private conversation.

It's all good now...

I just want to ask the moderators one thing; If you decide to delete a message that took time to write, please don't throw it away without warning or giving the author a chance to recover the text. It takes me a long time sometimes to write something, and then to see it gone without warning can be painful...

WTF happened?

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 22, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 22, 2021, 04:13:53 PM »

And here it is..

There is no need for an apology this time Gerontocrat. She did indeed delete the thread, but I was able to recover the message because I installed a text recovery addon after something similar happened to me before. So I just opened it again, and talked about it with Kassy in a private conversation.

It's all good now...

I just want to ask the moderators one thing; If you decide to delete a message that took time to write, please don't throw it away without warning or giving the author a chance to recover the text. It takes me a long time sometimes to write something, and then to see it gone without warning can be painful...

Good. Glad to see calm has returned.

ps: Just filled in the UK Census on-line where I had to define my sex. Did not have a he/she option but a wide choice was given. In the last census I think it was he or she only.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 22, 2021, 04:45:09 PM »
She
He.
Oops... Kassy is a man? It's a girls name, no? Little confusing...

WTF happened?

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2041
  • Likes Given: 1986
« Reply #1633 on: March 22, 2021, 06:37:23 PM »
Technically yes and also it´s just an old nick. Most people assume wrong so no need to feel bad about it.

Also the thread that Gerontocrat found was indeed the repost so this is not a repeat of last time.  ;)
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: March 22, 2021, 07:08:23 PM »
Technically yes and also it´s just an old nick. Most people assume wrong so no need to feel bad about it.

Also the thread that Gerontocrat found was indeed the repost so this is not a repeat of last time.  ;)
I'm trying to do better, and get my anger fits under control more. So yes, I think I handled it better than last time.  :)  Breaking with my family helped with my anger management. Now it's mostly sadness I'm left with...  :'(

WTF happened?

Rodius

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 645
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #1635 on: March 22, 2021, 11:10:22 PM »

And here it is..

It's all good now...

Good. Glad to see calm has returned.

ps: Just filled in the UK Census on-line where I had to define my sex. Did not have a he/she option but a wide choice was given. In the last census I think it was he or she only.

Gender is far more complex than the he/she split.
As with most things, the more you dig the more complex it becomes.
It is good the topion of gender has been opened up  in terms of census data collection.

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 121
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1636 on: March 24, 2021, 05:56:59 PM »
I've noticed that this site is moderated by people that really need to understand that science, ideology and narrative aren't interchangeable. Stripping away any science that doesn't fit your preferred ideology/narrative is unscientific. Then there are the unscientific sheepdogs that make the same mistake. It's really quite stunning to behold and it's always far easier to delete, or pile on in a riotous outburst of childish emotion, rather than make a rational counter-argument. It has nothing to do with science. delete, delete, delete.
I've even had songs deleted in the music thread, hilarious, and pathetic. The day the science died.

Science and Ideology
https://iep.utm.edu/sci-ideo/

Where is reality? Can you show it to me? - Heinz von Foerster

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
« Reply #1637 on: April 10, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »
Re:  songs deleted in the music thread

wait, what ? we got a ministry of song now ? Do tell ?

sidd

Ktb

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 158
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1638 on: April 10, 2021, 05:02:54 PM »
Thanks for moving quickly on FortyFirst Oren. The first post I read I thought he/she sounded like a denialist.
And, given a story to enact in which the world is a foe to be conquered, they will conquer it like a foe, and one day, inevitably, their foe will lie bleeding to death at their feet, as the world is now.
- Ishmael

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 10, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
I always give more leeway and benefit of the doubt to newcomers, but this one started shakily and then went downhill fast.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 10, 2021, 08:34:51 PM »
Classic sea-lioning with that one.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 11, 2021, 01:46:56 PM »
hi Oren , I thought you and Kassy arranged that the first 10 posts of all newbies be moderated so that such occurrences couldn't happen ? b.c.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: April 11, 2021, 02:11:00 PM »
New users are automatically in moderation until Neven approves them at our request. However I have approved the posts as I was initially unsure of their intent. Subsequently I have contacted Neven to review the user with recommended banning, this is still pending.

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 121
« Reply #1643 on: April 17, 2021, 02:08:12 AM »
Where is reality? Can you show it to me? - Heinz von Foerster

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: April 18, 2021, 12:12:35 PM »
I must confess I do not understand what moderation is for . TB, HHI etc are under moderation yet have free run here while Kassy and Oren complain when they are allowed to post in the off-topic section . Hard not to predict TB's  return when he is welcome to post without moderation . b.c.

ps .. Copied from COVID-19 thread as more likely to be deleted there than anything TB etc post ..

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #1645 on: April 18, 2021, 12:45:48 PM »
Maybe something got lost in translation.

Moderation, at least in English, is not the same as micromanagement.

One, weeds out noise, uncivil, crass, and sarcastic behavior, and mediates when necessary;  the other, imposes one's personal biases, beliefs and constraints on others.

While trolls, conspiracy nuts, and alt-right seem to be given carte blanche, appearently honest factual observation is no longer welcome.

In English that's called hypocrisy. When it's imposed on others - arrogant hypocrisy.

As Oren pointed out - it's kassy's jurisdiction
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 12:52:53 PM by vox_mundi »
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #1646 on: April 18, 2021, 01:58:37 PM »
One, weeds out noise, uncivil, crass, and sarcastic behavior, and mediates when necessary;

Tommy is being repeatedly noisy, uncivil, crass, and sarcastic. IMHO!

He's objectively being repeatedly uncivil where I'm concerned.

This is perfectly OK IYHO Vox?
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: April 18, 2021, 02:55:18 PM »
No it is not!

Maybe I wasn't clear. His monologue, ad hominems and sarcastic trolling has repeatly disrupted the science thread.

Moderation doesn't seem to be occurring.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #1648 on: April 18, 2021, 02:59:05 PM »
No it is not!

Sorry Vox. My mistake!

I'm probably over sensitive at the moment for some strange reason?

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,3474.0.html
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 18, 2021, 03:02:48 PM »
I understand. No harm; no foul. Cheers

Back to planting at the community garden.