Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1474109 times)

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #4500 on: July 13, 2018, 08:16:48 PM »
Please tell me that you aren't cheering on a foreign entity that's trying to influence American voters this close to an election.
That would be as egregious as an American president telling British voters that he'd punish their economy if they didn't vote the way he wanted them to.

The horror of inter country electoral influence!
Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #4501 on: July 13, 2018, 08:22:48 PM »
JackSmith4tx ....

Yea .... I think you are right.  I was thinking the same thing.  “O” has much more international support.
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #4502 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:37 PM »
Please tell me that you aren't cheering on a foreign entity that's trying to influence American voters this close to an election.
That would be as egregious as an American president telling British voters that he'd punish their economy if they didn't vote the way he wanted them to.

Terry

Wow! We don't need any help despising our minority takeover by the wealthy and powerful kleptocrats that now own all three branches of government. Vote stealing, suppression, and intimidation and promoting racist wannabe dictator Trump is not a good "look". The freedom of dissent is under attack here. No Brits or punk rock bands are hacking our elections and promoting propaganda. You, on the other hand, have never deviated from supporting Putin and Trump. What's up with that?

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 13, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »
The noose is getting tighter around Traitor Donnie, and there are a lot of “nervous Nellies” in Congress right now.  Expect the internet trolls to continue their handy work.  Day-by-day, week-by-week and month-by-month ..... the noose is tightened.

Look for Donnie to become EVEN MORE ERRATIC in coming weeks.  He knows it’s coming, just like Nixon did.  As I said over a year ago, people will be blown away as long as Mueller can finish his investigation.  Traitor Donnie and his crew are in way too deep.  And that includes Sean Hannity and a handful or two of Congressmen ....

Tick ..... tick ...... tick Donnie boy.  Play golf while you can ...

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4504 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »

Terry

Wow! We don't need any help despising our minority takeover by the wealthy and powerful kleptocrats that now own all three branches of government. Vote stealing, suppression, and intimidation and promoting racist wannabe dictator Trump is not a good "look". The freedom of dissent is under attack here. No Brits or punk rock bands are hacking our elections and promoting propaganda. You, on the other hand, have never deviated from supporting Putin and Trump. What's up with that?
Actually I think Dennis Kucinich's policies are closer to those that I support. "Strength Through Peace" still has a nice ring to it.
Read his platform from 2008 and tell me what he had wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Kucinich_presidential_campaign,_2008

Terry

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4505 on: July 14, 2018, 02:21:03 AM »
Kucinich ? Ohio boy. Fairly far out there on some things like flying saucers, but i like him.

Well, let me qualify that. He lost a lot of credibility with me after he rolled over on public option for health care after a plane ride with obama.

Scrappy democrat outta cleveland, has hard core support there.

Got screwed outta his seat with loss of population in ohio leading to redistricting after census. But he's still scrapping, threw his hat in the ring for ohio governor in democratic primary, lost to Cordray.

I think corporate democrats want to see the last of Kucinich. And who can blame em, Kucinich is quite opposed to a great deal they hold dear.

I think he should run for mayor of cleveland again. He'll win big.

sidd

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 15, 2018, 04:24:26 AM »
Odds of Traitor Don going “Back To The USSR”/Russia .... now bumped up to 30% in future months.   It isn’t what he WANTS to do ..... but if his choice is try to get out of Dodge, or head to the slammer for the rest of his life ..... I know what Donnie would choose.

Keep in mind that the chances of him trying to “see this through” or start firing folks in the DOJ and FBI and take his chances then ..... the chance that one of those two plays out is 70%. 

Donnie is in huge trouble AND so are many other Republicans.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:08:36 PM by Buddy »

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4507 on: July 15, 2018, 08:00:52 AM »
Odds of Traitor Don going “Back To The USSR”/Russia .... now bumped up to 30% in future months.   

Delusions.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #4508 on: July 15, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
I rarely post in these political threads. But sometimes perhaps it is necessary. The damage Trump has already done and is continuing to do is not temporary, it will last for a long time after he is history.

The most significant quote from the article:-

He is not our ally. He is hostile to our interests and values. He may even, if this goes on, become a material threat.

This is a significant statement from a respected newspaper about the President of what was the UK's closest ally. This alliance is now in doubt.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/13/the-guardian-view-on-donald-trump-in-britain-this-was-the-visit-from-hell

The Guardian view on Donald Trump in Britain: this was the visit from hell
Editorial
Theresa May should have grasped that this US president is an enemy of stability in Europe. Now she should learn from her mistake

....the Sun interview

In the interview, Mr Trump expressed hatred for the EU, support for hard Brexit, unwillingness to strike a trade deal with the UK, contempt for Mrs May, support for Boris Johnson, hostility to immigration, and offered his barely coded belief that the UK – and Europe – is “losing your culture”. The interview, its content, its timing, and the fact that it was given to Mr Murdoch’s flagship anti-EU tabloid, was a deliberate hostile act. For Mrs May, fighting to control her party on the dominant issue facing Britain, it was simply a stab in the back. But it wasn’t fundamentally personal. It was a declaration of hostility to Britain and Europe and the values they stand for.

A president who supported the Atlantic alliance, the stability of Europe and liberal democratic values – in short, every other US president of the postwar era – would never have done such a thing.

But Mr Trump is not such a president. He is not our ally. He is hostile to our interests and values. He may even, if this goes on, become a material threat. This week he deliberately inflamed the politics of Europe and of Britain.
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 15, 2018, 12:04:21 PM »

This is a significant statement from a respected newspaper about the President of what was the UK's closest ally. This alliance is now in doubt.

It's the Guardian- I would not expect anything less. They also supported the war in Iraq over WMD's (ofc today they admit it was a mistake) . About the same as the Washington post or New york times.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2003/jan/19/leaders.politics

No, you can't trust everything in "the paper".

The United Kingdom isn't "The Guardian".Plenty of people there support Trump as in the US.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #4510 on: July 15, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
Kucinich ? Ohio boy. Fairly far out there on some things like flying saucers, but i like him.

Well, let me qualify that. He lost a lot of credibility with me after he rolled over on public option for health care after a plane ride with obama.

Had he not rolled over on the public option, the ACA would have failed.  Several blue dogs would have voted against a deal with a public option.  The ACA didn't go nearly far enough, but it was a major advance over  the  old status quo.   Kucinich did the right thing.

Pmt111500

« Reply #4511 on: July 15, 2018, 07:46:46 PM »
I'll tell a joke that might be fun. Just made it up, so at least it might be fresh.

It's generally known that important and delusionally important people like doppelgangers. So, can we be certain that one man can be as stupid whole time, or do we regularly see brain-doubles of Drumpf.

It looks like they're late. Of course. If the streets look empty, they are.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:54:11 PM by Pmt111500 »

Pmt111500

« Reply #4512 on: July 17, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »
Now that the business meeting in Helsinki is thankfully over, do you think Donnie  is any better off business-wise?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 17, 2018, 04:57:52 PM »
Now that the business meeting in Helsinki is thankfully over, do you think Donnie  is any better off business-wise?
Given that the USA now has a CEO who has flirted with Chapter 11 all his business life, a more pertinent question might be " Will the USA also flirt with Chapter 11, especially if the current CEO gets another 4 year term at the helm ?"

Pmt111500

« Reply #4514 on: July 17, 2018, 05:02:49 PM »
Given that the USA now has a CEO who has flirted with Chapter 11 all his business life, a more pertinent question might be " Will the USA also flirt with Chapter 11, especially if the current CEO gets another 4 year term at the helm ?"
So saying republicans are sell-outs? Should we europeans say (R) in conjunction with a US official means (Russia)?

Alexander555

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4515 on: July 17, 2018, 06:37:19 PM »
Trump is not doing any damage to this planet, not today, and not in the far future. These globalists are destroying this planet. If you look at that refugee crisis. The people in these boats, they don't fall into these boats by coincidence. They have to buy a ticket first. And they buy these tickets from jihadist organisations ( terrorists like boko haram , al shabab, islamic state....) They are the people that put these refugees on these boats. And normaly their business model would not work. Because most of these boats are to small to cross the sea. And now these globalists (NGO's) bring all these refugees to Europa. And that is the missing link in the business plan of these terrorists. Now all these refugees are safe in Europe , and they all phone home to contact their family that they made it. So they keep buying tickets from these terrorist. And they are making billions, only thanks  to these globalists. For every ship they bring to Europe, you have 200 to 300 armed jihadist extra in Africa. In just a few years the number of countries in Africa where these jihadists have a strong foot on the ground went up from 6 to 12 . All of that is financed with human trafficking. The biggest islamist army that this planet has ever seen is developing in Africa for already several years. Only thanks to these NGO's. Syria was only a small country with a population of 20 million people. The area where these jihadist are growing today is dozens of times bigger than Syria, and you have hundreds of millions of people in it. From Somalia to Nigeria to Mali....... The US, the UK, France and Germany, they have 10 000 soldiers in these regions. And they are losing. Or the west will have to send a giant army to Africa, boots on the ground, and that will be a complete disaster .Or the Islamic state will take over country by country in Africa. So don't tell me that Trump did so much damage, he tries to fix what you guys destroyed. Because you globalists and liberals are already in power for a long time. This planet is the result of your work.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2041
  • Likes Given: 1986
« Reply #4516 on: July 17, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »
Trump left the Paris agreement.

He appointed Pruitt to EPA changing policies so they hurt the environment (and kill more American citizens). Appointed Zinke to wreck national parks because private gain is so much more sexy then societal gain.

Also Trump does not fix things, he makes money of them. Sometimes.
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 18, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »
Trump is not doing any damage to this planet, not today, and not in the far future.

Wait..what?  Am I in the right forum ? I'm not alone it seems.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 18, 2018, 08:15:34 AM »
Trump left the Paris agreement.

Seems CO2 balance has nothing to do whether one is in or out of the Paris agreement.
(It's all about the money)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: July 18, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »
The Rasmussen Poll for approve/disapprove of Traitor Don .... is now at its lowest approval rating (44%) since January of this year (43%).  It is also down from its high this year of 51% in March.

The "trend" is either your friend or your enemy, and right now Donnie is swimming against the tide ..... which is growing bluer and bluer by the day.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 19, 2018, 08:37:32 AM »
The Rasmussen Poll for approve/disapprove of Traitor Don .... is now at its lowest approval rating (44%) since January of this year (43%).  It is also down from its high this year of 51% in March.

The "trend" is either your friend or your enemy, and right now Donnie is swimming against the tide ..... which is growing bluer and bluer by the day.

And still his average is at 43%. Still close to his highest since April 2017 .Could probably sink a bit more in the newer polls due the Putin fallout but it will recover.I still see a Blue ripple not wave.

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4521 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »
At least it felt somewhat better with this guy over there.  :'(
Omnia mirari, etiam tritissima.
-
Science is a jealous mistress and takes little account of a man's feelings.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »
Trump polling on approval ratings - So what? So what nothing!

BUT when US president Barack Obama will leave office with an approval rating of 57% according to a survey from the polling firm Gallup taken from Jan. 9-15, 2017.

Obama's rating at the end shot up because he was a #nevertrumper and not because of actual "job performance"

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 19, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
And still his average is at 43%. Still close to his highest since April 2017 .Could probably sink a bit more in the newer polls due the Putin fallout but it will recover.I still see a Blue ripple not wave.

BUT HIS APPROVAL PEAKED IN MARCH .... FOUR MONTHS AGO AT 51%.  The 7% drop since then has NOTHING to do with his recent debacle.

As well .... keep in mind that FOX News is THE BIGGEST SOURCE OF TRUMP'S SUPPORT.  FOX News hadn't said ONE PEEP AGAINST HIM UNTIL YESTERDAY.

So we need to see what FOX News reports in coming days/weeks.  I don't expect Sean Hannity to skip a beat .... HE IS IN THIS THING WITH TRUMP, so his reporting won't change.  He's looking after SEAN'S ASS RIGHT NOW.   I also don't expect Laura Ingraham or Jeanine Pirro's reporting to change much.  Jeanine may be involved ..... Laura is just "nut case conservative".

But what about many of the OTHER FOX hosts?  Chris Wallace, Lou Dobbs, etc.  What will THEY DO in coming days/weeks as more and more information about what Donald knew ..... and more information comes out about the NRA, Republican National Committee, Manafort, etc.

THAT will be important to watch.  Without support from most of FOX, Donald is dead man walking. 

There are 5 groups of Republicans in Congress right now:

1)  One group includes members that WERE INVOLVED in helping the Russian's during the elections.  Anyone in that group is toast if the Mueller investigation finishes.

2)  Another group, although they were NOT involved in the actual conspiracy or in helping the Russians, they WERE INVOLVED IN COVERING UP.  I suspect that this is a fairly large group (greater than 10 ...... maybe as large as 30 or more .... think about that for a minute).

3)  Another group didn't know about the initial conspiracy, and weren't involved in any of the "coverup", but they KNEW ABOUT THE COVERUP AND DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING.

4)  Another group had no knowledge of the conspiracy during the acts, had no knowledge of any coverup ..... and up until now, have been "duped".  They have been supporting Trump because they REALLY didn't believe the "Russia stuff", AND they weren't on the intelligence committees or any other committee where classified information was discussed.

5)  And the final group is the SMALL group that has already broken from Trump, because they have been seeing what has happened.

Some of the members of the groups are OBVIOUS.  But over the coming days and next few WEEKS, we will be able to figure out more and more of those groups.

Most people in the press now "get it":  Trump is an "agent" of Russia.  A KNOWING agent of Russia, and likely has been for the last 15+ years.  No ..... he didn't go to "KGB school" ..... and he likely did NOT start out as an "agent" of Russia.  But over the years, Russia has BOUGHT HIM through money laundering (right Wilbur Ross?).

The coming weeks and months are likely to be the most important time in US political history since the Civil War.  They are also the most important weeks in US history (political or otherwise) since the Cuban missile crisis in the early 1960's.

We really do have NO CERTAINTY to how this will end.   It is dependent upon the populace of the US as well as the Congressional makeup NOW and after the coming November elections.

If enough pressure is exerted BY CITIZENS AND CONGRESMEN NOW ..... then this could end relatively soon (August or September).  But HOW it ends and WHEN it ends, will be dependent on the PUBLIC and the actions of CONGRESSMEN in the coming days/weeks/months.

Buckle up .... and TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 02:27:15 PM by Buddy »

jacksmith4tx

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • Photon mine
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4524 on: July 19, 2018, 02:05:52 PM »
I'd like to see 2 extra question added to the standard polling survey. Instead of just 'strongly approve' or 'strongly disapprove' how about, 'I hate X' and 'X is the Messiah'.

Here's a Axios/SurveyMonkey poll our nihilist friends will like:
Poll conducted July 16-17, 2018 among a total sample of 2,100 adults.

"Huge GOP majority backs Trump's Putin performance"
Q: Do you approve or disapprove of the way Trump handled his press conference with Putin?
Republicans - 79% Approve, Democrats - 7%, Independents - 33%

This poll foreshadows the coming national drama. Every piece of data, and virtually every public action of elected Republican officials, shows Trump will have overwhelming and probably unbreakable party support, regardless of what Robert Mueller finds with his Russia probe.

More than half of Americans (55%) don't trust the Trump administration to take steps to prevent foreign interference in November's midterms.
Science is a thought process, technology will change reality.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: July 19, 2018, 02:08:42 PM »
Regarding polling ..... the reason I looked at Rasmussen WASN'T because it is a good poll.  It isn't.  It's rated a "C" by 538.com.  But it is a WELL KNOWN CONSERVATIVE polling outfit.  So I wanted to see THE DIRECTION of the very right leaning site.

Rasmussen overstates Trump's support.  But watching the DIRECTION of Rasmussen is helpful.

For actual polling ..... I watch Gallup, Yougov, IPSOS, and a couple others.  Polling will be CRUCIAL over the next few months.  As I said before ...... Republicans will be making decisions over the coming days and weeks as to which side of this thing they want to be on.  And polling WILL affect the opinions of those who AREN'T involved in the conspiracy OR the coverup.  Those that ARE involved in the initial conspiracy OR the coverup of that conspiracy .... are NOT likely to be affected by polling.  They will only be affected BY INDICTMENTS.  ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: July 19, 2018, 02:51:08 PM »
Did I mention the Russian trolls will be out in force?   ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: July 19, 2018, 03:56:02 PM »
Expect to see more of the following in the coming days and weeks as people CHOOSE COUNTRY OVER PARTY:

https://www.facebook.com/TheResistanceMedia/photos/a.282360245512344.1073741828.281121535636215/540196803062019/?type=3&theater

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: July 19, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »

BUT HIS APPROVAL PEAKED IN MARCH .... FOUR MONTHS AGO AT 51%.  The 7% drop since then has NOTHING to do with his recent debacle.

On rasmussen. His AVERAGE is still 43% ( I expect it will go down to 40-41 for a short while)

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: July 19, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »
Did I mention the Russian trolls will be out in force?   ;)
You mean the #walkaway campaign?  :)

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: July 19, 2018, 05:01:06 PM »

That 72% could be as high as 90% now (given the degree of outrage going on) .... could Trump's unfavorable go that high too?

Trump has a solid bottom of 35% no matter what he does.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »
Watch Mike Pompeo and the State Department in coming days....next couple of weeks.  Personally, I don't trust Mike Pompeo ..... BUT..... at least yesterday, the State Department came out AGAINST Russia.  So watch this to see if any division between the State Dept and the White House develops.

There are very few in the administration that I trust.  And that is JUST WHY DONNIE HIRED THEM.  But if there are a couple patriots .... we should know in the next couple of weeks.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #4532 on: July 20, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »
In a leaked tape, Benjamin Netanyahu boasts about making Trump pull out of the Iran Nuclear Deal. This will not make the evening news:

The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

jacksmith4tx

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • Photon mine
« Reply #4533 on: July 20, 2018, 01:57:25 PM »
It won't be on the news because it's very old. The new declaration that Israel is 100% a Jewish Zionist state is more interesting. We should be expecting the announcement of the rebuilding of the Temple on the Temple Mount soon.

https://www.raptureready.com/rapture-ready-index/

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 20, 2018, 09:44:05 PM »
Here is the monthly "Jobs Report" from June of this year.  In it.... it also has monthly information BY SECTOR going back to January of 2015.

If you "crunch the numbers"..... you'll find that through Traitor Don's first 17 months ..... he has added an average of 189,176 jobs per month.  This is about 17,600 jobs LESS PER MONTH than Obama for his LAST 17 months in office (206.765 per month for Obama).

In a rationale world ..... that would mean that job creation has SLOWED DOWN under Trump.  Clearly .... that is not the case  ;), but we'll have to wait to find out the "real reason" from Sarah Huckabee or Donald Trump.  ;)

https://www.bls.gov/web/empsit/ceshighlights.pdf

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 20, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
'Tightening now hurts all that we have done': Trump rails against the Fed for a second day

The head of the Federal Reserve ..... THAT DONNIE APPOINTED ..... is his latest Piñata.

Note.... The Shanghai Index (China stock market) has now lost about 47% since June of 2015 ..... and I DON'T think it is over yet.  It topped out at about 5,200 or so .... and is now about 2,800.  Depending on what dandy Don does ..... it could lose another 500 - 800 points before it is done heading south.  Also note .... the Shanghai lost about 40% of its value in the first THREE MONTHS of that decline.

You don't think putting tariffs on 500 Billion of Chinese goods would effect it do you? ;)

Also..... oil continues to look weak.  Is it's "bounce" over?  Is it ready to head further south?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Baker Hughes Rig Count: 

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Rig-Count-Drops-As-US-Crude-Output-Hit-11-Million-Bpd.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tightening-now-hurts-done-trump-rails-fed-second-day-134618922.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:40:12 AM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 21, 2018, 01:41:45 AM »
“Lordy ..... I hope there are tapes.”

Wouldn’t you know it ..... there ARE tapes. 😂

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 21, 2018, 02:38:35 AM »
Letter: 10 Things That Most Americans Can Agree On, July 19, 2018

To the Editor:

Re “The Center Is Sexier Than You Think” (column, July 11):

I agree with Frank Bruni that Democrats need to be pragmatic when they appeal to American citizens as the midterms approach. There are so many issues that most Americans agree on that there is no need to voice extreme positions to attract voters. Focus on ideas that under a normal administration would seem obvious:

We deserve a president who tells the truth.

Cabinet members should be advocates for their agency.

Americans want clean air and water and believe in climate change.

Every citizen should be encouraged to vote.

No child should go to bed hungry.

Canada and Mexico are not our enemies.

Russia is not our friend, and is trying to undermine democracy.

The press is not the enemy.

The tax cut benefits corporations and the wealthy, not the middle class.

Children belong with their parents.

There are many more issues, some controversial. But if we agree on these 10, Americans should be voting in record numbers for Democrats.

ANN B. DIAMOND, NEW YORK

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/19/opinion/democrats.html

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 22, 2018, 08:32:40 AM »
It won't be on the news because it's very old. The new declaration that Israel is 100% a Jewish Zionist state is more interesting. We should be expecting the announcement of the rebuilding of the Temple on the Temple Mount soon.

No it won't. Unless a meteor hits the area and demolishes the mosques and the majority of Muslims in the world just disappear.You don't know what you are talking about.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 22, 2018, 12:46:22 PM »
Sergei Lavrov tells Mike Pompeo to free Butina. 

THAT is going to get interesting now.  Does Traitor Don step into this one?  Does he question it at all?  Russia has a royal flush in their hand ..... so they can ask for ANYTHING they want.  On the other hand, it’s not like they will show what they have on Donnie.  They may NEVER show what they have on Donnie.

Russia is far better off WITH Donnie in office.  The only way Russia can have maximum effect on US policies is by keeping Donnie right where he is.  Of course, Donnie may not realize that.  He may be scared to death, and the Russians aren’t going to tell him otherwise.  This piece of the Russian puzzle is going to get interesting.

Keep in mind that (1) the NRA has apparently gone SILENT on this issue, and (2) the Republican National Committee is also tied in with the NRA issue.

Fascinating stuff. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 02:32:26 PM by Buddy »

jacksmith4tx

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
    • Photon mine
« Reply #4540 on: July 22, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

No it won't. Unless a meteor hits the area and demolishes the mosques and the majority of Muslims in the world just disappear.You don't know what you are talking about.

This is what I was talking about:
"Yesterday, the Israeli Knesset passed a law that enshrines in Israel’s Basic Law that Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish people.

In the words of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people, that respects the individual rights of all its citizens. This is our state — the Jewish state…Today we made it law: This is our nation, language, anthem and flag.”
https://religionnews.com/2018/07/19/salkin-oped/

...why is such an obvious statement of Israel’s purpose so controversial? Why have so many diaspora Jewish groups sharply criticized this law? Not only the diaspora; President Reuven Rivlin called it a “weapon (for) our enemies.”

It is because the Nation-State Law raises not only Jewish fears but anti-Semitic canards as well, that Israel is xenophobic and exclusive. Indeed, the law demotes Arabic from being one of the official languages of Israel, along with Hebrew, to simply having a “special” status. It also permits the construction of Jewish-only communities in Israel."
I'm only half joking about the temple. If you do a internet search there actually is a movement to rebuild the temple.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 22, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »

"Yesterday, the Israeli Knesset passed a law that enshrines in Israel’s Basic Law that Israel is the nation-state of the Jewish people.

In the words of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, “Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people, that respects the individual rights of all its citizens. This is our state — the Jewish state…Today we made it law: This is our nation, language, anthem and flag.”

I'm only half joking about the temple. If you do a internet search there actually is a movement to rebuild the temple.

Yes, I know the law very well. I was against the law mostly because it wasn't needed because almost everything in it is more or less the situation today on the ground.

I know there is a movement- there is a movement for ANYTHING if you look hard enough :)

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 22, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »

Yes, I know the law very well. I was against the law mostly because it wasn't needed because almost everything in it is more or less the situation today on the ground.

I know there is a movement- there is a movement for ANYTHING if you look hard enough :)

Amharic rules, OK?

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 22, 2018, 05:51:23 PM »
In a leaked tape, Benjamin Netanyahu boasts about making Trump pull out of the Iran Nuclear Deal. This will not make the evening news:

Actually, it did make the news. You are so ready to condemn Democrats you won't pay attention to what mainstream news reports, unless it's on one of those fringe sources you prefer.

In your defense, a lot of the better mainstream TV news is embargoed for days before it is released in Europe.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 22, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »
Sounds like Maria Butina was one busy girl..... also meeting with US Treasury and Federal Reserve officials.  I’m sure it was all legit .... nothing to see here?  Right Russian trolls? 😉

Now comes the tricky part of keeping people alive:  Butina, Michael Cohen, and “Mr. Wikileaks” who is close to being handed over to the British.

Now the Republicans in Congress are going to be making “career decisions” in the coming weeks and months.  Things are getting more and more serious with each passing day.  Nunes is in so deep he has no choice but to try everything now, no matter how much of a TRAITOR he is.  Guilliani and Sean Hannity as well.

Strap in ...

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4545 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:22 AM »

That 72% could be as high as 90% now (given the degree of outrage going on) .... could Trump's unfavorable go that high too?

Trump has a solid bottom of 35% no matter what he does.

Last NBC/WSJ poll- Trump at 45% the highest he has been on this pollster.

Martin Gisser

« Reply #4546 on: July 23, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »
In your defense, a lot of the better mainstream TV news is embargoed for days before it is released in Europe.
We can have quite a bit streaming live via India, e.g. http://www.livenewson.com/american/msnbc.html There's also CNN USA, ABC, CNBC and a link to Fox News (for those here who consume Breitbart and RT -- I've never checked).
This URL goes defunct every once and a while, and the stuff continues on a different URL like livenewsmag.com or livenewsus.com.
Just watching/listening Morning Joe while doing clean-up I caught this:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Trump tweets: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021234525626609666
To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!

So, Russiagate could indeed end in a hot war - but not with Russia, as Neven et al. were suggesting in these threads some time ago. (Rachel Maddow a warmonger - hahaaaahahahaha...)

But it looks Trump is now a lame duck, due to too much Russiagate meanwhile. :) He won't be able to launch a distraction war to save his presidency.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 23, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »
So as usual- If he is "too nice" (russia) - no good. If he is "tough"(Iran) - no good. If he is both (N.K.) - also no good.  That's why Trump does whatever he thinks is best no matter the "consequences" in the media.

magnamentis

« Reply #4548 on: July 23, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
So as usual- If he is "too nice" (russia) - no good. If he is "tough"(Iran) - no good. If he is both (N.K.) - also no good.  That's why Trump does whatever he thinks is best no matter the "consequences" in the media.

it's not only or mainly about what but about the how

further if you are TOO nice it's TOO MUCH and if you're TOO TOUGH it's also TOO MUCH.
(and it's not nice to lie and deny facts)

like so often the right thing to do is in between and the style should be respectful and seeking mutual agreements, not bullying and not ass-leaching obviously and certainly not lying or being hypocritical. can't see what's to complain about the fact that people with empathy and brains often don't like what and especially how and with which motives he is doing.

as you see, even though i have a clear opinion about your post and adrenalin is building when reading such things i still try to keep it civil which is what he should do even should he ever be correct which is rare enough.

as we all know, for example, dinking water is vital and healthy but once you drink too much in too short of time you gonna die, and if you didn't know that read before replying please, it's true and applies to almost everything that can be good at the right times and in the right quantities.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 05:38:01 PM by magnamentis »

magnamentis

« Reply #4549 on: July 23, 2018, 06:49:22 PM »
US President Donald Trump’s approval rating among fellow GOP voters has soared through the roof, reaching 88 percent for the first time in his tenure. The three-day poll was conducted both before and after the Helsinki summit.
Trump’s overall job-approval rating in the poll stands at 45 percent among registered voters — up 1 point from June — while 52 percent of voters disapprove of his job.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/nbc-wsj-poll-public-gives-trump-thumbs-down-russia-thumbs-n893266
http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18570NBCWSJJulyPoll7-22-18Release.pdf

There appears to be two or more very different 'Americas' living in the one place.

provided the source of this polls is fully reliable which i doubt at least if the US-Americans who i meet over here in Europe are all part of the 52% and the rest does not travel at all while, stop, that's even possible LOL.

what i mean is that i had zero contact with any one US-Citizen over here who approved of Trump, onthe contrary, everyone who i had the opportunity to talk to was ashamed, not to say horrified of what's possible/going on at home, some even considered to stay here.