Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1488733 times)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: The Trump Presidency (was "Presidential Poll")
« Reply #5200 on: October 24, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »
Trump’s economic policies and timing have been HORRIBLE.  Right now, the US markets are trying to struggle through ..... and what MAY be setting up is a VERY BEARISH scenario TECHNICALLY.  The fundamental policy failures have been obvious over the last 18 months ... but it takes time for the fundamentals to “come home to roost”. 

Over the next two weeks I will be watching to see if the NASDAQ gets below the 6,600 level and the DOW Industrial’s below 24,000.  That COULD set up a possible short term rally over the following weeks (maybe as long as 2 months) followed by a rather NASTY downtrend that could take the markets SIGNIFICANTLY lower in 2019 (or perhaps even before the end of this year if Donnie makes some SERIOUS mistakes with the Mueller investigation ... which I believe has a SIGNIFICANT chance of happening).

Remember .... the FUNDAMENTAL’s (in this case ... fundamental MISTAKES by Trump) are causing the “technicals” .... not the other way around.  So it was easy to see that Trump’s policies would end poorly, but the TIMING is much more difficult to pin down.
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #5201 on: October 24, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »
...snip... So it was easy to see that Trump’s policies would end poorly, but the TIMING is much more difficult to pin down.

Yes, it might even happen in...2024.

A crash MUCH bigger than 2008 is "going to happen" as people have been saying since forever and I do believe it will- I am less inclined today to think it's right around the corner (although eventually it will).  Is this because of Trump? Nahhh- at most he can nudge it a bit to either direction for a short while.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:15:12 PM by mostly_lurking »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: October 24, 2018, 10:00:43 PM »
Mr. Market is NOT having a good day today.  I told him he should get his flu shot to ward off the “Trumpian Flu” ..... but NO .... he wouldn’t listen.  He said that Donald made all kinds of promises ...

1). Mexico would pay for the wall
2). He wouldn’t cut back Medicare and Medicaid
3). He would be “so presidential” we’ll get tired of it
4). He’s a “uniter not a divider”
5). He would be loved by the blacks and LBGT and other minorities
6). Economic growth would be in excess of 4%
7). He would pay down the debt quickly

No wonder Mr. Market is throwing up on himself.  Wait till it goes back to the levels it was at when Donnie started his economic experiment.....

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #5203 on: October 24, 2018, 11:52:53 PM »
2018 or 2024 is all the same to me... I'm generally bearish on markets.  I was predicting the housing crash (of 2008) most of a decade before it happened.  Obviously my timing was off  :'( but fearing the worst 'any day now' (over a long period of time), I sold my house in 2004 before building a new home the next year.  (Selling about 18 months before the housing market peak wasn't too bad, unless you consider the 9 months of living in a rental instead of an appreciating house!) 

Several of my friends own multiple rentals and are making loads of money.  I would never dare.
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0

Pmt111500

« Reply #5205 on: October 25, 2018, 06:39:45 AM »
The Trumpistan News Network on the bombs sent to various menbers of the old governance:"      ". Some of the republicans cheered on these rumours,, allegedly, but as The Trumpistan News Network is the only source of true information on matters concerning Trumpistan, we have to conclude no bombs existed in the first place.

Pmt111500

« Reply #5206 on: October 25, 2018, 07:42:33 AM »
Trumpistan News Network has issued a short statement concerning the alleged mail bombs, looks like the rumours were true:

"We must unite on these bombs so do or don't this shit cnn sad enemy of the people obama selfbomb. Flintons emails. True. Trumpistan grate."

We can't decipher what this means, can you help? Are you on location? Tell us your story!

Pmt111500

« Reply #5207 on: October 25, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »
MSNBC has provided some additional info on the bombs. One crowd member said:"this is obviously a false flag, who would think we would be so incompetent that none of the bombs would explode? Anyway lock her up." Others claim this was the campaign starter to rid the senate of remaining insurgents in the next election.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: October 25, 2018, 09:05:29 AM »
At this point it must be obvious that there was zero intent to actually hurt anyone . Whether it was a left-wing or right-wing nut is to be determined, I doubt it will take more than 24-48 hours.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:54:56 PM by sidd »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: October 25, 2018, 10:56:31 PM »
Trump moves to cut drug prices:

" a proposal to base payments for certain drugs off of lower prices in other countries,"

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/413168-trump-unveils-most-aggressive-action-yet-to-target-drug-prices

sidd

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #5211 on: October 26, 2018, 12:50:11 AM »
At this point it must be obvious that there was zero intent to actually hurt anyone . Whether it was a left-wing or right-wing nut is to be determined, I doubt it will take more than 24-48 hours.

So it is obvious to you that it was intended not to hurt anyone but somehow based on the evidence you give it the possibility that it was a left wing nut!!! I am surprised your brain can hold these conflicts without exploding!!!

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: October 26, 2018, 02:43:04 AM »
Chinese firm benefits from farm benefits bill aiding farmers against China tariffs: Grassley not amused

"Grassley, a member of the Senate’s agriculture committee, said Thursday that he did not understand why U.S. pork producer Smithfield Foods is eligible to participate in the bailout program created this summer by the Agriculture Department. Smithfield, one of the largest pork producers in America, was acquired in 2013 by a Chinese conglomerate now named WH Group.

" "U.S. put tariffs on Chinese products &China is fighting back w tariffs hurting our pork farmers I dont understand why Chinese owned Smithfield qualifies for USDA $$ meant to help our farmers Smithfield seems to b in a "can't lose" situation thx to American taxpayers"
 — ChuckGrassley (@ChuckGrassley) October 25, 2018 "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/25/grassley-criticizes-trumps-farm-bailout-rules-after-chinese-owned-firm-qualifies/

sidd

Pmt111500

« Reply #5213 on: October 26, 2018, 06:25:07 AM »

So it is obvious to you that it was intended not to hurt anyone but somehow based on the evidence you give it the possibility that it was a left wing nut!!! I am surprised your brain can hold these conflicts without exploding!!!
Ah, so he thinks it's ok to send explosives by mail.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: October 26, 2018, 08:20:04 AM »

Ah, so he thinks it's ok to send explosives by mail.

Wait?? What?  Where did that come from?

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: October 26, 2018, 08:22:02 AM »

I must be slow- what conflict exactly?? Both sides could do such a thing without the intent of actually hurting anyone- I don't see a problem.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #5216 on: October 26, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »
The New York Times reported on Wednesday that President Donald Trump routinely uses unsecured iPhones instead of a secure White House line.

In a tweet, Trump said the report was "soooo wrong!" and insisted, "I only use Government Phones."

He did so via an unsecured iPhone :

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:19:01 AM by Rob Dekker »
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: October 26, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
Keep in mind that if the Republicans are able to KEEP the House on November 6, that will buy Donnie some time to deal with Mueller/Rosenstein/Sessions.  If the Dems win the majority in the House, then Donnie will need to get to work on killing the Mueller investigation ASAP following the election.  The NEW Congress comes into session in early January.... so that would give Donnie about 2 months to stop/derail/etc. 

Shit is going to hit the fan either way after November 6 ... We just don’t know yet whether it will be good shit or bad shit. 😉

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: October 26, 2018, 08:14:05 PM »
What were you saying?? Right wing nut after all....

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: October 27, 2018, 08:15:50 PM »
Trump is such a FUCKING LOSER.  We don’t need more guns ... we need FEWER GUNS ... and fewer TRUMPS in the US.  What an idiot ....

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 28, 2018, 03:59:51 AM »
One fucking sick racist nut after another!! I am tired of this shite. The core of the support of the racist in chief....

Pmt111500

« Reply #5222 on: October 28, 2018, 05:14:43 AM »
Well, probably some are missing:

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 28, 2018, 05:38:33 AM »
Saudi Arabia just killed a journalist and cut him up in pieces in a chilling warning to the free press.

Saudi Arabia's indiscriminate bombing raids caused thousands of civilian deaths in Yemen.

Yet under Trump, we cozy up further to dictatorships like Saudi Arabia while turning our backs on democracies like Canada and the EU. That's not right, folks.

Enough is enough.
Let's vote these Trumpers OUT !
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:45:14 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: October 28, 2018, 07:35:27 AM »
Keep in mind that if the Republicans are able to KEEP the House on November 6,,,snip

Wait, what happened to the 100% certainty of the blue wave?

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: October 28, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
Aurora: AR-15
Orlando: AR-15
Parkland: AR-15
Las Vegas: AR-15
Sandy Hook: AR-15
Umpqua CC: AR-15
Waffle House: AR-15
Texas Church: AR-15
San Bernardino: AR-15
Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15

Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: October 28, 2018, 08:47:02 AM »

VOTE for our LIVES
Let's not waste either.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: October 28, 2018, 11:19:46 AM »
Saudi Arabia just killed a journalist and cut him up in pieces in a chilling warning to the free press.

Saudi Arabia's indiscriminate bombing raids caused thousands of civilian deaths in Yemen.

Yet under Trump, we cozy up further to dictatorships like Saudi Arabia while turning our backs on democracies like Canada and the EU. That's not right, folks.

You know this isn't about Trump. It's all admin's since the beginning of time.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 28, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »
Some dates of significance coming up in the US:

1). November 6th, 2018:  Midterm elections

2). November 11th, 2018:  Trump will meet with Putin “on the sidelines” in Paris.  I expect that nobody else from the US side will be meeting with them.

3). January 4th, 2019:  Next session of Congress starts.  Will the Dem’s be in control of the House?  Odds are increasing for that outcome as time ticks down.

Expect a very busy two months if the Dems are in control of the House.  Sessions and Rosenstein would be at the top of Donnie’s fire list.  Will Sessions choose NOT to quit and force Trump to fire him?  Will Mattis quit and become a thorn in the side of Trump after Mattis quits?

Dems, if they win the House, need to begin laying the groundwork for 2019.  It will be important to get things started.  Subpoenas, investigations, witnesses, etc.  A lot of planning to do.  2019 will be the disrobing of Donald Trump. 

« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:16:01 PM by Buddy »

SteveMDFP

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 594
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5229 on: October 28, 2018, 11:11:24 PM »

2). November 11th, 2018:  Trump will meet with Putin “on the sidelines” in Paris.  I expect that nobody else from the US side will be meeting with them.

I speculate that this might actually be a good thing, this time.  Putin has made clear that he would like to avoid a renewed arms race with the US (especially nuclear).
In private, Putin may be able to wield his influence to get Trump not to tear up the INF treaty, maybe to renew START-II.

And Syria. The US has no rational, legal, or practical business staying in Syria.  Some there will suffer when the US pulls out.  I don't see that delaying the inevitable there lessens any suffering to come, and might make things worse.  This is one of the few areas where I agree with Trump's policy preferences.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

2019 will be the disrobing of Donald Trump.

I don't want to see an image of Trump disrobed.  One might get PTSD.
Thorough investigations, however, are fully warranted.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: October 29, 2018, 04:04:12 AM »
And Syria. The US has no rational, legal, or practical business staying in Syria.  Some there will suffer when the US pulls out.  I don't see that delaying the inevitable there lessens any suffering to come, and might make things worse.  This is one of the few areas where I agree with Trump's policy preferences.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Steve, I share your opinion on almost all your statements across a range of subjects.
But on the issue of US involvement in Syria, it appears we disagree.

My main concern, if the US would pull out of Syria right now, is that the Kurds would be stuck between a rock (Syrian government) and a hard place (Turkey).

One of these two groups (if not both) would try and invade the area currently controlled by the Kurds and US/coalition forces (which is mostly the areas east of the Euphrates river).

Which means that war will once again erupt for an area that finally obtained peace after the Kurds with the coalition kicked out IS.

The only way to prevent again another war is to find a political solution for the Kurds BEFORE the US would pull out of Syria.
Let's not waste either.

SteveMDFP

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 594
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #5231 on: October 29, 2018, 04:40:21 AM »

Steve, I share your opinion on almost all your statements across a range of subjects.
But on the issue of US involvement in Syria, it appears we disagree.

My main concern, if the US would pull out of Syria right now, is that the Kurds would be stuck between a rock (Syrian government) and a hard place (Turkey).

One of these two groups (if not both) would try and invade the area currently controlled by the Kurds and US/coalition forces (which is mostly the areas east of the Euphrates river).

Which means that war will once again erupt for an area that finally obtained peace after the Kurds with the coalition kicked out IS.

The only way to prevent again another war is to find a political solution for the Kurds BEFORE the US would pull out of Syria.

Well, yes, it would be good to arrange for, e.g., local autonomy for the Kurds before the US pulls out.  The Kurds have been the best allies for the US in the region.  They've been screwed over in history over and over, and they'll likely suffer badly if/when the US pulls out.

But achieving protections for the Kurds strikes me as a hopeless task.  Turkey, Assad, and Russia would all bitterly oppose any kind of autonomy for the Kurds.  No guarantees short of autonomy would likely hold once the last US troops leave Syria.  I have trouble seeing how delaying the painful end would make it any less awful.

We might agree that there's no good solution here.  Just awful and less awful choices.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 29, 2018, 09:07:52 AM »
Turkey, Assad, and Russia would all bitterly oppose any kind of autonomy for the Kurds.  No guarantees short of autonomy would likely hold once the last US troops leave Syria.  I have trouble seeing how delaying the painful end would make it any less awful.

We might agree that there's no good solution here.  Just awful and less awful choices.

There is a good solution : All the parties in Syria could stop shooting and start talking.
Let's not waste either.

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 573
« Reply #5233 on: October 29, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »
Turkey, Assad, and Russia would all bitterly oppose any kind of autonomy for the Kurds.  No guarantees short of autonomy would likely hold once the last US troops leave Syria.  I have trouble seeing how delaying the painful end would make it any less awful.

There is a good solution : All the parties in Syria could stop shooting and start talking.

Yes but not a realistic one, Robert McNamara although loathed by the left for his role in Vietnam was quiet right and I think misunderstood, often there are no good options only bad ones the only choice then is to choose the least worst, then I would add to pretend this isn't true is denial which is irresponsible.

http://handofreason.com/2011/media/the-fog-of-war-eleven-lessons-from-the-life-of-robert-s-mcnamara

ie
Lesson #11: You can’t change human nature.

McNamara explains that ‘the fog of war’ refers to how complex war is and the inability of the human mind to fully comprehend all of those complexities at one time. He believes that human nature will make it impossible to end war any time soon, and though we are rational creatures that rationality has limits.

Syria is exactly that, pretending there are good options is unrealistic and dishonest (and this is used endlessly by Russian, Syrian and Iranian supporters).

I've no idea what the least worst option is but we are likely to agree that Trump's regime is not at all likely to find this unless it happens to align with their corrupt and immoral agenda.

Pity the Kurds, I think they would have had a greater chance but no guarantee under a Clinton Presidency and this is the difference.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 29, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
Trump says media is 'Enemy' after shooting, bomb plot

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-media-is-enemy-after-shooting-bomb-plot/ar-BBP3ik1?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Trump continues to play the "authoritarian card" ..... and I expect that to INCREASE after the election.  Remember ..... he has a LOT of work to do IF the Democrat's win the House.  A LOT OF WORK .... and only 2 months to do it (IF the Dem's win the House ..... If the Republicans keep the house, he still has a lot of work to do .... but he has more time).

When I say that 2019 will be the "continued undressing" of Trump ..... I mean that between Mueller and the House committees ..... more and more information about a CORRUPT TRUMP will continue to come out into the public eyes.  TELEVISED open committee hearings will NOT be Donald's friend in 2019.

Even FOX News will have to show a SMALL portion of the meetings.  The truth about Trump's money laundering, conspiracy with Russia, obstruction issues, and his constant lying will be front and center for the whole public to see.

That is the "groundwork" that I am talking about.  The groundwork to prepare the PUBLIC for the coming impeachment and trial in the Senate.  Again ..... it is a PROCESS.

Remember ..... Trump is a SOCIOPATH and will stop at NOTHING to stay in power and squelch the Mueller probe.  Sometime after November 6 .....  we will find out just how far Trump may go. 

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:16:24 PM by Buddy »

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #5235 on: October 29, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
At what point can he just be straight out arrested for inciting violence? Wasn't CNN one of the places the bombs were sent? How is this not the same as urging an angry mob to violently attack someone, which is one form of speech that is not protected?
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #5236 on: October 29, 2018, 06:04:03 PM »
Trump has been in the cross-hairs of spies from behind the Iron Curtain since at least the late 1980's:

Title: "'A very different world' - inside the Czech spying operation on Trump"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/29/czechoslovakia-spied-on-trump-to-exploit-ties-to-highest-echelons-of-us-power

Extract: "Exclusive: files reveal Trump was the target of an extensive spying operation in the late 1980s by the country’s intelligence service, with ‘friends’ from the KGB"
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: October 29, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »
A new civil lawsuit filed against Donald Trump, Don Jr., Eric and Ivanka and The Trump Organization:

Title: "Lawsuit claims Trumps encouraged investment in scams"

https://www.axios.com/trump-family-lawsuit-investment-scams-branding-931e9eae-2c5a-491e-8dd0-8568f1cec86a.html

Extract: "President Trump and The Trump Organization — along with Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, and Ivanka Trump — have been accused in a new federal lawsuit of using their name to encourage people to invest in alleged business scams, the New York Times reports.

Details: The three businesses named in the lawsuit include a telecommunications company with products endorsed by Trump, and both a vitamin marketing business and real estate classes that used the Trump name. The suit was brought on behalf of four anonymous plaintiffs and funded by the Tesseract Research Center, which is chaired by Democratic donor Morris Pearl, prompting allegations that it was politically motivated."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: October 29, 2018, 08:53:56 PM »
I promised this several days ago ......  This is a chart of the NASDAQ on a WEEKLY BASIS (weekly "bars") that goes back for 3 years.

The 3 major indexes (NASDAQ, S&P, DOW Industrials) are all showing a "POSSIBLE" "broadening top" (they are POSSIBLE because down leg #4 has NOT completed yet).  I said several days ago that from a TECHNICAL STANDPOINT I would become VERY CONCERNED if the markets got down to certain levels.  Those "levels" are during the CURRENT DOWN LEG 4.  Another 5% or so drop and we are THERE.  For the NASDAQ, that is about 6,600 or so. 

Keep in mind ..... I am a FUNDAMENTAL GUY .... but I don't ignore charts, trends, and psychology.  Pure "technical analysts don't look at fundamentals.  I'm a "fundamental guy first" .... but I certainly watch the charts/trends.

The underlying "psychology" in a broadening top ...... is that sellers use the "uptrend lines" (trend lines #1, 3, and 5) as "opportunities to sell" ..... and people could also use those as opportunities to SHORT the stock/market.  We are now in downtrend line #4 on the chart.

We are entering a period where it is GENERALLY hard for the market to drop ..... November and December are notoriously UP MONTHS for the markets.  That DOES NOT mean they CAN'T go down ..... it means they USUALLY GO UP.  There are "cash flow" reasons for this that I won't bore you with here.

There are some very fundamental worries that I have laid out over the past several months.  Those are my "worries" .... and I expect the market to sell down after any short term rally in November and/or December. 

For Donnie ...... this current leg down in the market is NOT coming at a particularly good time.  As well ..... the POST NOVEMBER 6th period of time is where Donnie is going to be getting out his machete ..... so ANY UP LEG 5 MAY GET WHACKED because Donnie goes on a "Saturday night massacre rampage."

Long term ..... BOTH fundamentally AND technically ..... I'm bearish (until we get enough FEAR back in the market, AND .... PE levels get back to "normalized levels").  When people get SCARED and there is more "value" in the market .... I'll be buying.

There is a LOT than can happen over the coming months in Donnie's world that COULD rock the markets.  I believe there is a lot more downside, and a lot more fear in the coming months (5 - 11 month span).  Any "bounce" in November and/or December ..... I believe .... will be ended by a LOT of selling into 2019.  Just my 2 cents ....  And a LOT of the pain is CAUSED BY BAD POLICIES OF TRAITOR DON.  Some of this didn't have to happen....

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: October 30, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »
Trump admin cuts off Chinese semiconductor manufacturer from all US exports:

" ... officials are now barring US companies from selling any products to Fujian Jinhua ... "

https://www.zdnet.com/article/us-bans-exports-to-chinese-dram-maker-citing-national-security/

sidd

magnamentis

« Reply #5240 on: October 30, 2018, 01:55:14 AM »
economic cannibalism, so stupid he is, when do american people stand up against this embarrassing representative of their great country?

Martin Gisser

« Reply #5241 on: October 30, 2018, 05:34:32 AM »
Amazing: Michael Moore caught the pipe bomber while filming "Fahrenheit 11/9." - but it was taken out. Now he released it:

Filmed at a "Trump 2020" rally less then a month after Trump's inauguration in Melbourne, Florida on February 18, 2017. Cesar Sayoc comes into view at 0:42, 1:34, 1:44 and 3:15.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: October 30, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »
I continue to keep a close eye on commodities .... of all kinds:  Lumber, oil, copper, aluminum, grains.  In commodities, someone HAS TO TAKE DELIVERY of the product.  It’s not like an “equity” where there is zero storage cost.  For commodities .... somebody has to actually do something with it.  That is why commodities are FIRST to “rollover” long before a top in stocks has occurred.... and is first to recover.

If Donnie continues with his “jhihad” against the Chinese via the trade war, commodities are going to continue to sell off.  This will be the first year in 20 years that China sells fewer cars than the year before.  Think about THAT for a minute, and think how that has affected “hard commodity” prices for steel, aluminum, etc.  And think how ADDITIONAL tariffs that Donnie has slated for the first of the year will ADD to the problem.

Next year will in all likelihood make 2018 look like a picnic, both economically and politically.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:48:26 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: October 30, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
Only in a tyrant's mind does it seem that he can unilaterally interpret the Constitution anyway he wants, with the stroke of a pen:

Title: "Trump Says He Will Void Birthright Citizenship Law Through Executive Order"

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/30/662043904/trump-says-he-will-void-birthright-citizenship-law-through-executive-order

Extract: "President Trump is planning to use an executive order to strip birthright citizenship from America's laws, rather than trying to change the Constitution through an act of Congress. The potential move, which would likely trigger numerous legal challenges, would seek to end the conferring of citizenship to children of noncitizens who are born in the U.S. — which is currently guaranteed by the 14th Amendment."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: October 30, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
I know that Donald Trump isn’t much of a “dog person”.  Dogs are insightful, they know what you’re thinking, they are loving creatures, etc.  Warm and fuzzy ... Donald is NOT.

But I think Donald should start collecting CATS.  For the next 5 - 11 months he can go to Wall Street and start collecting ALL THE DEAD ONES from all the dead cat bounces in the stock market.  He will have quite a collection by sometime next year.

And let’s face it:  Donnie much more like a cat .... (1) no loyalty at all (2) cold (3) no empathy (4) fat (5) only wants to play on HIS TERMS.

The market .... after losing ANOTHER large gain today, is heading south again.

Watch the oil markets closely.  I think they are OVERSUPPLIED due to slowing economies around the globe .... and slowing economies have been slowed MORE by Traitor Don’s tariffs.  Well done Donnie .... well done indeed.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: October 30, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
America's Finest News Source:

Trump: "I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, because zero people will stand in my way"

"the president can sidestep any checks and balances on his power once he has abused his authority so many times that no one can keep track anymore."

"Trump added that while his opponents may try to challenge his executive order in court, the loophole also states that by then he will have achieved his immediate political aims."

https://politics.theonion.com/trump-claims-he-can-overrule-constitution-with-executiv-1830106306

sidd

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: October 31, 2018, 03:11:13 AM »
Kayne West is JUST NOW figuring out that Donald Trump was using him?  WOW ... I’ll add Kayne to my list of people I would like to play poker against.  Talk about gullible....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: October 31, 2018, 12:45:21 PM »
On Trump’s visit to Pittsburgh yesterday he tried to get SEVERAL politicians to make the visit with him.  Nobody from EITHER party would join him.  Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, members of the Pennsylvania US House Of Representatives, the Republican US Senator from Pennsylvania .... NOBODY would accompany Trump.

That is very telling as the process continues ....... If the Dems win the House, Trump will become a pariah.

mostly_lurking

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: October 31, 2018, 01:04:26 PM »
snip..

That is very telling as the process continues ....... If the Dems win the House, Trump will become a pariah.

If the Senate gains 2-4 seats (seems likely) and the dems take the house by a few seats-  no pariah. ::)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: October 31, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
Both Jared and The Donald are hoping that the public will just forget about Khashoggi, but it looks like Turkey has no intentions of allowing this matter to quietly fade away:

Title: "Turkey confirms Khashoggi was strangled, dismembered in consulate"

https://www.axios.com/turkey-confirms-khashoggi-strangled-dismembered-6c290a1c-30d0-4ceb-96d6-2b1bf448221a.html

Extract: " The Turkish prosecutor investigating the death of Jamal Khashoggi said Wednesday that the journalist was strangled and dismembered during a pre-planned attack inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul — the Turkish government's first official account explaining how Khashoggi was murdered.

The big picture: A few questions remain about Khashoggi's murder, including the whereabouts of his remains and the identity of a "local collaborator" who helped the Saudis involved in the operation dispose of the evidence. The Saudi government, which recently changed its story and admitted Khashoggi's death "appeared to have been premeditated," has said the 18 men detained in connection with the incident will be tried in Saudi Arabia, not in Istanbul as Turkish authorities have requested."
― Leon C. Megginson