Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1473829 times)

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #5650 on: September 26, 2019, 04:23:05 AM »
Yeah...you couldn't make this stuff up. It's beyond farce. Even the show Veep wouldn't put that in their plots, since it would seem so improbable and implausible...but there it is.

Meanwhile:

https://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/-one-republican-senator-told-me-if-it-was-a-secret-vote-30-republican-senators-would-vote-to-impeach-trump-69890117795

GOP operative now thinks there are enough Republican Senate votes to convict and remove Donald Trump

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/enough-votes-republican-senate-convict-donald-trump/21118/

Republican operative Mike Murphy, who has worked for the likes of John McCain and Mitt Romney and clearly has connections in the Republican Senate, appeared on MSNBC today and said that according to his sources, if a secret ballot were to be held, as many as thirty Republican Senators would vote in favor of Trump’s removal if articles were sent over from the House...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:35:16 AM by wili »
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: September 26, 2019, 05:47:50 AM »
This non-corporate Dem seems to be ready for impeachment:

Ocasio-Cortez on impeachment: 'I think the ground has shifted'

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/463134-ocasio-cortez-on-impeachment-i-think-the-ground-has-shifted

...Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday the “ground has shifted” in terms of support for a possible impeachment of President Trump.

The freshman congresswoman said new allegations about Trump asking Ukraine for information on former Vice President Joe Biden are “incredibly serious and urgent.”

“I think the ground has shifted,” Ocasio-Cortez said Wednesday on CNN. 

Ocasio-Cortez told host Chris Cuomo the new allegations are more pressing than previous allegations of Trump’s misconduct in part because "this is about something that is going to happen."

“We have the opportunity to act now to prevent a profoundly destabilizing action,” she added.

The congresswoman said it is important to continue investigating other violations too...

Also: New Poll Shows Majority of Americans Support Trump Impeachment if President Suspended Ukraine Aid Over Biden Inquiry

If it's found that Trump did use his presidential power to force a foreign leader to help take down a political rival, 55 percent of U.S. adults said they would support removing him from office, according to a recent YouGov survey.

Forty-four percent of those polled said they'd "strongly support" removing Trump if the allegations are true, while another 11 percent said they'd "somewhat support" it.

https://www.newsweek.com/most-americans-support-impeachment-trump-ukraine-biden-controversy-1461283
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 06:01:33 AM by wili »
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

blumenkraft

« Reply #5652 on: September 26, 2019, 11:18:43 PM »
First GOP governor backs Trump impeachment probe.

In the GOP primaries, a candidate brought up the death penalty in regard for Trump.

It is rumored that there is "some" support for impeachment from GOB senators.

Somethings gotta give, right?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #5653 on: September 27, 2019, 01:32:54 AM »
Nothing is going to give. It'll be 'rumour has it' and 'sources say', but all this will do, is distract and thus help Trump. I would urge people here not to go along with this charade, but Russiagate has taught me the request will probably be fruitless.

The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: September 27, 2019, 03:42:54 AM »
Soooo, I guess those of you who think impeachment is stupid must think that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders are idiots, and have been for two some years. Right?

Oh, and Amy Goodman, too, among many, many other strong, brave progressives...

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/trump-has-committed-a-laundry-list-of-impeachable-offenses/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 03:52:30 AM by wili »

blumenkraft

« Reply #5655 on: September 27, 2019, 09:08:10 AM »
Nothing is going to give.

Neven, this is not Russiagate. Russiagate is a conspiracy theory. This is respecting the rule of law.

Impeachment is (apparently) the only way you can hold a US president accountable for wrongdoings. Since there are obvious wrongdoings this is only the opposition doing their job. Nothing more, nothing less (for now).

Of course, the Dems might fuck this up. But even then, i'm sure some dirt will stick on Trump. It will influence the voter turnout.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5656 on: September 27, 2019, 01:02:48 PM »
How did the Clinton impeachment affect politics in the US?

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: September 27, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
Yes, Tom.

Clinton's impeachment is exactly the same as the one going on now in every conceivable way, and history always plays out exactly the same way each time...so...great point there, buddy!! /sarc

gandul

« Reply #5658 on: September 27, 2019, 11:03:02 PM »
Nothing is going to give. It'll be 'rumour has it' and 'sources say', but all this will do, is distract and thus help Trump. I would urge people here not to go along with this charade, but Russiagate has taught me the request will probably be fruitless.

Thinking you’re confused Neven, this is completely different than Mueller’s investigation. The orange idiot had to acknowledge the damning call, imagine what he buried.
I hope they get to impeach the mf. A bit of decency in America that they have these mechanisms.

But Biden should go down at speed of light with him.

PS. Thinking a Warren/Sanders ticket would be truly revolutionary for the poor US of A.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:09:26 PM by gandul »

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5659 on: September 27, 2019, 11:53:15 PM »
Yes, Tom.

Clinton's impeachment is exactly the same as the one going on now in every conceivable way, and history always plays out exactly the same way each time...so...great point there, buddy!! /sarc

History does not repeat.
But it rhymes.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5660 on: September 28, 2019, 06:09:32 AM »
I am torn between posting here and the "political theater" thread. Nevertheless:

Trump is producing a TV show. The guy wants the cameras on him. He's getting it in spades. Face it, no one can take their eyes off him.

This season is "The impeachment." Next season is "The election."

Can his opponents capture the script, tell a better story ? So far, not. Tune in next week for our next episode ...

sidd

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #5661 on: September 28, 2019, 07:57:21 PM »

Neven, this is not Russiagate. Russiagate is a conspiracy theory. This is respecting the rule of law.
Hahaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha... :)
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

blumenkraft

« Reply #5662 on: September 28, 2019, 08:45:33 PM »
Does Impeachment Spell TROUBLE For Trump In 2020?

gandul

« Reply #5663 on: September 29, 2019, 01:09:43 AM »

That’s very cynical reaction. Just what we need smh  ::)

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: September 29, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »

That’s very cynical reaction. Just what we need smh  ::)

About the principle of the rule of law cf. e.g. Timothy Snyder.
Recently the whistleblower thing revealed a bit of what Trump said to Lawrow and Kislyak in the WH. (Something not in the Mueller report, btw.) Trump channeling Chomsky, :) wtf?! :) So please grant me my bit of laughter :)
(Yes, Chomsky did not only not understand Russiagate, but also served a paradigm of that kindergarden excuse - refusing to understand the principle of the rule of law.)

--------------------------
P.S. Back on topic, here is Dr. h.c. Florifulgurator's synopsis of Timothy Snyder. (Plus, I suggest to order Rachel Maddow's forthcoming book :) (Yes, Jimmy, she even sells books! :D hah... :) ))
>>Undermining the principle of the rule of law in a fossil oligarchy without a future is half of what the Trump presidency is about.<<

{Edit possibly finished :) }

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/576330/blowout-by-rachel-maddow/
“Democracy either wins this one or disappears.”

« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:09:51 AM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: September 29, 2019, 03:32:30 AM »
Yeah, I think that's called 'whataboutism,' and its a poor attempt at dodging blame, whoever uses it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

(Context, for those who don't memorize every line of every story they ever read about Trump:

"On election interference, Trump told Lavrov and Kislyak he was not concerned about Russian meddling because the United States did the same in other countries" 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-russia/trump-told-russians-in-2017-he-was-not-concerned-about-election-meddling-washington-post-idUSKBN1WD022
)

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5666 on: September 29, 2019, 06:13:17 AM »
^^
Is it whataboutism or selective prosecution?
Frankly I don't believe either applies as I don't believe there was any there, there. ::)
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5667 on: October 01, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »
Bernie explains why impeachment is bad strategy. He won't say it on Stephen Colbert etc, because he knows he needs votes from people suffering from TDS.

The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5668 on: October 01, 2019, 11:16:32 AM »
Well, if they impeach or not, there will be no single-payer HFA with trump, right?

What sense does it then make to 'work on healthcare' (whatever that means) over impeachment when you can't implement it anyway?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5669 on: October 01, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
Well, if they impeach or not, there will be no single-payer HFA with trump, right?

What sense does it then make to 'work on healthcare' (whatever that means) over impeachment when you can't implement it anyway?

Watch the video, because Bernie explains it there. This impeachment hype could very well suck out all the air from the room, clouding the real issues that the majority of Americans are interested in. That's what Sanders fears.

And that's the whole idea, of course. They're doing this to block Sanders again. How do you not see this?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5670 on: October 01, 2019, 02:11:11 PM »
Watched it a second time.

Bernie, in the clip, sais, "make sure Trump's presidency is a one-term presidency." and then he talks about why this is so important (i.e. wages, UHC, etc.).

A reasonable statement. But since then the environment has changed. Bernie acts on that fact.

The bill is ready, to get it implemented Bernie needs to become president.

I see two positives for Bernie in the picture we see today. 1) Biden gets peeled with dirt from Trump. 2) Trump gets peeled with dirt from the Dems. Win-win! :)

Of course, i may be completely wrong and this all backfires badly. I don't see it quite happen though.

gandul

« Reply #5671 on: October 01, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »

Watch the video, because Bernie explains it there. This impeachment hype could very well suck out all the air from the room, clouding the real issues that the majority of Americans are interested in. That's what Sanders fears.

And that's the whole idea, of course. They're doing this to block Sanders again. How do you not see this?

Not sure who’s your “they”, but not making a favor to Biden either, that’s a bit at odds with the usual conspiracy theories, Biden is their mainstream guy in the Dem party aint it? (whoever is they)

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: October 01, 2019, 10:18:47 PM »
Don't assume the Senate would *never* remove Donald Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/politics/trump-impeachment-senate/index.html

Sen. Bernie Sanders believes ‘incredibly corrupt’ Pres. Trump should be impeached

https://www.wcvb.com/article/watch-masked-intruders-drive-car-through-walgreens-manage-to-steal-atm/29325728

Since Pelosi formally announced her intention to initiate impeachment inquiries into Trumps nefarious activities, his approval ratings (at 538) have dropped from ~43% to 41.5% (similarly at Realclear)...so it certainly doesn't seem to be making him more popular. As Bernie, in Neven's/Dore's carefully edited clip noted again and again...no one can know what will happen in this process for certain. As Bernie also noted, and as most people could clearly see, the grounds for Clinton's impeachment were absurd to the extreme, basically prevaricating about some consensual sex. So of course he got a lot of sympathy. The charges and really what we already know are far more serious here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:32:47 PM by wili »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5673 on: October 01, 2019, 11:37:27 PM »
Don't assume the Senate would *never* remove Donald Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/politics/trump-impeachment-senate/index.html

Thanks for confirming that CNN sucks big time, not just on-screen. I don't know what's worse, the way this 'article' is written or the total absence of rational thought.   ???

Anyway, Kyle Kulinski very much on the ball, as usual:

Trump could've been and can be impeached on so many charges, like putting kids in cages, killing innocent brown people and corruption in various flavours, but previous administrations did all of that too, with hardly anybody complaining. And of course, you don't want to create a precedent either.

And so you decide to impeach him for asking information about Joe Biden's corruption. That's about the worst possible reason, from a PR strategy perspective, to impeach the bastard on. This is all done on purpose, I'm quite sure of it.

We may have to move any discussion of this to the political theatre thread. Especially if we're going to link to CNN.  ;D
The enemy is within

E. Smith

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: October 02, 2019, 12:45:20 AM »
https://ctmirror.org/2019/09/27/blumenthal-optimistic-about-gop-support-in-senate-for-impeachment/

Blumenthal optimistic about GOP support in Senate for impeachment
Privately, Republican senators are 'deeply troubled' by events, he says

https://www.newsweek.com/flake-35-republicans-possibilities-1461952

Former Senator Jeff Flake caused a stir Saturday when he amended Republican consultant Mike Murphy's comment that 30 GOP senators would vote to impeach President Donald Trump if they could keep their votes secret. "That's not true," the former Arizona senator told Slate's Mary Harris. "There would be at least 35."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/09/mitch-mcconnell-impeachment-inquiry-in-the-senate-chief-justice-oversees.html

Why Mitch McConnell Can’t “Garland” the Impeachment Inquiry
The presiding officer in an impeachment case is actually the chief justice of the United States.

Sooo, Mitch can't keep it from coming to the Senate, and a majority want to see Trump impeached. None of us know what is going to happen. But we are in unprecedented times in many ways.

blumenkraft

« Reply #5675 on: October 02, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »
In 2011, Obama mocked the GOP, suggesting they'd want a border moat full of alligators.

Trump made it reality.

Obama: "Maybe they'll need a moat. [roaring laughter] Maybe they'll want alligators in the moat."

Link >> https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1179424199477268486

The White House actually sought a cost estimate for Trump's alligator-filled border moat, officials say

Link >> https://theweek.com/speedreads/869130/white-house-actually-sought-cost-estimate-trumps-alligatorfilled-border-moat-officials-say

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: October 02, 2019, 09:28:45 PM »
Follow up on a study posted earlier that showed that countries with large wealth gaps are more likely to move toward authoritarian leadership:

Top 1% Gained $21 Trillion in Wealth Since 1989 While Bottom Half Lost $900 Billion

"The top one percent owns nearly $30 trillion of assets while the bottom half owns less than nothing."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/14/eye-popping-analysis-shows-top-1-gained-21-trillion-wealth-1989-while-bottom-half?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3umsUSAD5uBpa0PDn25n4k6kM_93kM3CO-5ftTMyf8sv5XBzqCJRcGc_M

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: October 03, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »
And a day later it looks very much like he lost it and swallowed Rudy Giuliani's conspiracy theories... Remember the Seth Rich theory? :)

Meanwhile it looks like the Rudy Clown Car drove a bit too deep into post-truth whataboutist lala land -- with a little help from Manafort, no less (*). And now there is a critical mass who don't take it anymore (Cf. above CNN piece; "In order to remove Trump from office, 67 senators would have to vote to do so -- meaning you would need every Democrat and a 20-person Republican revolt.").

Some Republicans don't take it anymore. (Except the usual suspects from the wannabe progressive left, who need to stick to their narrative about evil Democrats (mostly intelligent women, btw: Hillary, Nancy, and now Elisabeth ;) )...) So finally we can have impeachment proceedings that have a chance of success.

(This moment feels like a bit of a tipping point in the post-truth bs economy.)

-----------------------------
(*) https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/giuliani-consulted-on-ukraine-with-imprisoned-paul-manafort-via-a-lawyer/2019/10/02/7a6dc542-e486-11e9-b7da-053c79b03db8_story.html

P.S.: Did I say Seth Rich? GWB speech writer David Frum @ 3:24

« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:00:45 PM by Florifulgurator »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5678 on: October 04, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
And a day later it looks very much like he lost it and swallowed Rudy Giuliani's conspiracy theories... Remember the Seth Rich theory? :)

What are you referring to?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5679 on: October 04, 2019, 11:05:41 AM »
I was wondering the same. I even checked the channel...

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5680 on: October 04, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »
Maybe FF is referring to this video I posted in the political theatre thread, where Kulinski shows how Trump perfectly trolls people who think like FF.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5681 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:54 PM »
Well, if Trump is convicted the Right half of the country will go apeshit. If he is acquitted theLeft half of the country will go apeshit.

blumenkraft

« Reply #5682 on: October 04, 2019, 02:40:58 PM »
That's what you get if you elect a nazi into office, you split the country.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5683 on: October 04, 2019, 02:41:13 PM »
He will be neither convicted or acquitted, because it's not going to pass the Senate. Trump needs to be beaten at the ballot box (by Sanders preferably). The only interesting question is whether this political theatre will help Trump, or hinder him.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5684 on: October 04, 2019, 02:48:35 PM »
Well, Bernie told the orange fart it would be a pleasure to beat him in 2020. I take his word for it. :)

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #5685 on: October 04, 2019, 02:50:40 PM »
The Snake-And-Alligator Border Moat: A Budget Analysis
https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2019/10/snake-and-alligator-border-moat-budget-analysis/160350/

We ran the numbers. It’s doable.   ;)
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: October 04, 2019, 06:19:28 PM »
Thanks for that, vox...glad to hear it's doable!  :o

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/02/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript/index.html

Contrary to the very well publicized facts presented by the WH itself, 40% of Republicans still don't believe that Trump mentioned Biden or his son in his call to the Ukrainian President.

How can a democracy operate when so many just willfully believe things that are contrary to the facts?

In other news:

There is a belief that the impeachment inquiry hurt Republicans in the 1998 midterm elections. That may be true, but this polling suggests the situation with Clinton and Trump are very different. Impeaching Clinton was far less popular than impeaching Trump is today. ..

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/politics/trump-impeachment-polling/index.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:54:39 PM by wili »

blumenkraft

« Reply #5687 on: October 04, 2019, 09:29:02 PM »
So, how many of you also think the orange fart tanked the US economy by starting a trade war in order to extort China for stuff on hunter biden?

gandul

« Reply #5688 on: October 05, 2019, 12:21:23 AM »
So, how many of you also think the orange fart tanked the US economy by starting a trade war in order to extort China for stuff on hunter biden?
Not only that, he’s been applying short-sight short-reach measures, injecting money for the rich that’s not going to produce, and he’s being fully cyclical, he successfully pressed the Fed to follow his cyclical measures, and that’s recipe for a disaster.
The protectionist measures per se just apply a brake to global economy and it is debatable if they are perjudicial on the long run, but he just does it to put pressure and gamble. He may cause America to lose as he is a gambler.

blumenkraft

« Reply #5689 on: October 05, 2019, 06:04:10 AM »
Not only that, he’s been applying short-sight short-reach measures, injecting money for the rich that’s not going to produce, and he’s being fully cyclical, he successfully pressed the Fed to follow his cyclical measures, and that’s recipe for a disaster.

This is entirely true, but it's the normal Republican madness - sadly not illegal.

Extorting other countries on the other hand is. And the caused body-count becomes murderer all of a sudden.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5690 on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:35 AM »
Re: "illegal" extortion

The USA runs the biggest extortion racket in the world, comes of being an empire. They extort concessions from other countries all the time.

There is some pearl-clutching over extortion of foreigners to aid US presidential candidacies, but those laws are usually honored in the breach. I have mentioned Nixon sabotage of Paris talks on Vietnam war, whch was hidden by Johnson (?!) but a more recent example is the Reagan candidacy delaying iran hostage release against Carter.

sidd

blumenkraft

« Reply #5691 on: October 05, 2019, 08:26:42 AM »
Good point...

blumenkraft

« Reply #5692 on: October 05, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »

blumenkraft

« Reply #5693 on: October 05, 2019, 06:25:14 PM »

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: October 06, 2019, 02:07:22 AM »

Forum search gives no relevant result. But I remember your interest into this (meanwhile classical/paradigmatic polit bs).

--------------------------------------------------

How can a democracy operate when so many just willfully believe things that are contrary to the facts?
Bingo!
(My current forum avatar image is David Hilbert's tombstone. :) (P.S.: As Tim Snyder and the extant biogeophysical evidence explain, it is ultimately about having a future.
(And yes, FF gave Hilbert's tombstone some of his liquid gold. The Göttingen math institute has a Hilbert room which can be entered by 2 distinct pre Hilbert spaces.) )
--------------------------------------------------

Maybe FF is referring to this video I posted in the political theatre thread, where Kulinski shows how Trump perfectly trolls people who think like FF.
Looks more like he's showing how "progressives" can be trolled by Trumputinists. (Will watch it seriously later :) )
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:02:32 AM by Florifulgurator »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5695 on: October 06, 2019, 12:41:42 PM »

Forum search gives no relevant result. But I remember your interest into this (meanwhile classical/paradigmatic polit bs).

I'm not talking about Seth Rich, but about where Kyle Kulinski "swallowed Rudy Giuliani's conspiracy theories". What are you referring to?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: October 06, 2019, 05:49:56 PM »
Second Whistleblower Comes Forward in Trump-Ukraine Scandal
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/06/trump-ukraine-scandal-second-whistleblower-comes-forward

A second whistleblower with direct knowledge of an alleged plot by Donald Trump to extort Ukraine into producing dirt on his Democratic 2020 election rival Joe Biden has stepped forward, according to Mark Zaid, a lawyer for the first whistleblower in the case.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LorenzoHall/status/1180841226200854529
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5697 on: October 06, 2019, 08:55:01 PM »
Let's hope Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning have enough room in their cells to accomodate these two heroic 'whistleblowers'.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

philopek

« Reply #5698 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:31 PM »
Let's hope Julian Assange and Chelsea Manning have enough room in their cells to accomodate these two heroic 'whistleblowers'.

Trump should join them.

Collective irresponsibility is one of the greater reasons why changes are so difficult to achieve
in politics and therefore in general.

Politicians should sign a contract before being sworn in and be held responsible / prosecuted like
any other fraudster, scamster, cheater or homicide including prison and madhouse time.

Sooner or later it has to be that way and the "Donald" would be a worthy "FIRST" exactly like
he would be a worthy first successfully impeached, before Nixon and Bush the second who's lies cost hundred of thousands of lives up to this very day and no end in sight.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: October 07, 2019, 05:02:59 PM »
Trump Taxes: President Ordered to Turn Over Returns to Manhattan D.A.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politics/trump-tax-returns-lawsuit/index.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/nyregion/trump-taxes-lawsuit-vance.html

Judge dismisses Trump request to keep taxes secret in New York

... A federal judge on Monday dismissed a lawsuit brought by President Donald Trump to block a subpoena for eight years of his tax returns, rejecting the President's "extraordinary" claim that any occupant of the White House enjoys "absolute immunity from criminal process of any kind."

... “As the court reads it, presidential immunity would stretch to cover every phase of criminal proceedings, including investigations, grand jury proceedings and subpoenas, indictment, prosecution, arrest, trial, conviction, and incarceration,” Marrero wrote. “That constitutional protection presumably would encompass any conduct, at any time, in any forum, whether federal or state, and whether the President acted alone or in concert with other individuals.”

Describing Trump's argument as a "categorical and limitless assertion of Presidential immunity," US District Court Judge Victor Marrero wrote in an opinion that it "would constitute an overreach of executive power."

The DA's office sent Trump's longtime accounting firm, Mazars USA, a grand jury subpoena seeking tax returns and related documents going back to 2011.