Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1473740 times)

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Presidential poll for US citizens on the forum
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2016, 07:14:10 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-defended-leeds_us_58014fe2e4b06e047594fa91?section=&

"Donald Trump finds worst possible character witness to dispute assault allegations". Is this the evidence to refute all the sexual allegations, as promised by Mike Pence?

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2016, 08:59:03 AM »
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/14/hacked-emails-raise-possibility-of-clinton-foundation-ethics-bre/21583163/

"Hacked emails raise possibility of Clinton Foundation ethics breach". Trump has been our "muse" for the most part. Now WikiLeaks is haunting the Clinton campaign with hacked emails. This brings up a very important point; If information is made known about Clinton that is so damaging to her already suspect credibility, who the hell are we going to vote for? This is precisely the reason why I wish the Democratic nominee was someone other than Clinton.

I'm sure Buddy has a lot to add to this conversation and I look forward to his comments, but I would like to hear more opinions, even from folk outside of the U.S.. Depending on what ends up getting leaked, this could become a serious moral conundrum for any voter of good conscience.

(my apologies if I'm sounding a bit melodramatic).

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 74
« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2016, 10:00:01 AM »
Maybe we should have an equally unscientific & unrepresentative poll of everyone on the forum for this issue - and see if Trump has a greater global appeal than might be expected too !   

After all - whoever is elected will have a serious effect on events on the global stage.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »
Oren:

Who is the "right wing economic blogger" you referenced below?  Do you have a link you could provide.  Thanks....

There's a right wing economic blogger that I read regularly, who has been pointing out Nate Silver's biases about Trump since at least the beginning of they year
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2016, 02:00:35 PM »
Maybe we should have an equally unscientific & unrepresentative poll of everyone on the forum for this issue - and see if Trump has a greater global appeal than might be expected too !   

After all - whoever is elected will have a serious effect on events on the global stage.

I think that's a good idea Charles. So far with this poll there have been a total of 34 votes. I'd like to get the opinion of a lot more people on the forum no matter where they're from. Although the actual choices we have to vote for are limited, I'd like to know who Forum members think would make a good POTUS.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
The big question now becomes.....what time slot is Trump going to have on FOX?  Will it be right before Sean Hannity...or will Sean Hannity be the "build up" to Trumps show right after his?

Maybe FOX will do an "Trump cookie" with Hannity followed by Trump followed by O'Reilly.

That would be a good lineup...because you have two sexual predators in the last two segments.

All the female producers must be thinking:  OMG....not ANOTHER ONE :o

Ailes....O'Reilly....and now Trump.  YIKKKEEEESSS.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
I'd like to know who Forum members think would make a good POTUS.

Unfortunately....we don't have that choice this time around. :-\

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2016, 02:19:40 PM »
Rumor has it that FOX will look to be buying the cable series "Lockup" from MSNBC so they can highlight its future inhabitant:

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/13/chris-christie-facing-10-years-prison-summons-issued-misconduct-office.html

Just think.....Donald Trump almost picked Chris Christie as his VP running mate.

In this election cycle.....I think you can begin to see JUST HOW OVERSIZED some of the ego's are.  Trump and Christie are at the top of the heap.  They KNEW what was in their background....but they STILL thought they could con their way through it.  AMAZING.

I hope Christie is thrown in jail WITH the Democratic governor of New York....Cuomo.  Maybe the US electorate will begin to see just how much the system needs to be overhauled.  And this goes for the Democrats as well.  Trump was the ABSOLUTE WRONG solution on the Republican side.....for the problem.  But the problem still remains....on both sides of the aisle.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »
http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/15/donald-trump-nuclear-launch-officers-weapons/21582882/#

"He should not have his finger on the button". Former nuclear launch officers warn that Trump cant be trusted with nuclear weapons.

We already know he cant be trusted with his hands!

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:46 PM »
If you haven't yet read the letter from the attorney of the New York Times.....in his answer to Donald Trump's attorney....it is WELL WORTH READING.  It is likely the best "take down" I have seen:

https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/786620581261127680

The debate on Wednesday night is likely to be a WWF format...with barbed wire around the ring....a "death match" of sorts.  I expect Clinton to try to stay away from the fray as much as possible, without appearing weak.  Let Donald continue to run off the cliff and into the valley of doom.  Get your popcorn ready.....

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
Get your popcorn ready.....

With extra butter!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstories/op-ed-why-those-polls-that-say-clinton%E2%80%99s-ahead-could-be-wrong/ar-AAiUHml?ocid=spartanntp

"Polls showing Clinton ahead could be wrong".

Considering the exchange between Chasing Ice, Buddy and Oren about the reliability of polls yesterday, I thought this op-ed from CNBC would provide some food for thought.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »
Sure, *in general*, poll results that swing suddenly in one direction can swing again in the opposite direction--that seems to be the gist of the msn piece.

I really don't think that's what's going on.  I think many pundits (mostly males) underestimate the toxic impact of credible allegations of sexual assault on the part of a candidate.  Given that Trump has boasted on tape of his ability to grab women's crotches and face no repercussions, the steady drumbeat of allegations of his doing exactly this seem likely to continue.

Many of Trump's (mostly male) supporters may shrug off such allegations under the thought "boys will be boys," or even "that's the kind of badass we need in the White House, for once." But female voters, by and large, are not going to be forgiving of such a figure. 

Has anyone seen any product endorsements lately from Bill Cosby?  No, he's toxic.  Now so is Trump.  With Trump, it's only just started.  It's a long slide down from here, first losing the election, then personal and financial ruin.  His whole crumbling financial operation will be less than worthless in short order.  He'll be lucky to end up as an Uber driver, if they'll have him.  He's more likely to end up in prison.

It was crumbling before he launched his political bid.  I suspect his effort was a calculated attempt to shift from failing real estate "mogul" to celebrity/pundit income.  Only late in the game, I think, did he himself think he could actually attain the White House. 

He didn't realize that a Presidential campaign means having one's personal life put under an intense microscope, and only fairly squeaky-clean figures can survive that.  He also didn't realize that an aging, revolting guy can't be a Kardashian.

One aspect of the "polls can be misleading" theme may also play against him.  Single women vote predominantly Democrat.  The women who most tend to vote Republican are those married to conservative men.  Such women may "toe the line" with their husbands in day-to-day matters, and when answering calls from pollsters,  but when the curtain closes on them, alone in a voting booth, I think many will refuse to vote for a cur.

Prediction: 10% popular vote lead for Clinton on election day, with an electoral landslide in the Electoral College.  Even odds on Dems taking the Senate.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2016, 03:41:12 PM »
Prediction: 10% popular vote lead for Clinton on election day, with an electoral landslide in the Electoral College.  Even odds on Dems taking the Senate.

Enjoyed your comments Steve and I hope your prediction becomes fact on election day.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2016, 05:50:04 PM »
For those of you wondering about polls, etc.  Here's an article from Mish Shedlock (a conservative economist/investor/blogger).

A word of caution....Mish has been pretty much a "perma bear" regarding the economy AND the stock market....at least through 2012.  Not sure what he has said in the last few years....but just a word of warning.

The following link is his take on "Nate Silver" in the EARLY GOINGS of the Republican primaries (or even BEFORE the primaries) when everyone and their dog wasn't giving Donald much of a chance (and all the polls didn't give him a chance as well....which certainly meant that Nate Silver also didn't give him a chance).

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/01/nate-silver-off-mark-on-donald-trump.html

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2016, 09:47:55 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/15/opinions/putin-clinton-hate-affair-ghitis/index.html

"Why Putin fears a Clinton presidency". By Frida Ghitis

"Putin objects to Clinton because he thinks she will stand in the way of his expansionist foreign policy objectives".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2016, 10:12:04 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-look-at-hacked-emails-from-clintons-campaign-chairman/ar-AAiZKTd?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

"Hacked emails released in daily dispatches this week by the WikiLeaks group exposed the inner workings of Hillary Clinton's campaign leading up to her 2015 announcement that she would seek the presidency, and through this year's primary".

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »
For those of you wondering about polls, etc.  Here's an article from Mish Shedlock (a conservative economist/investor/blogger).

A word of caution....Mish has been pretty much a "perma bear" regarding the economy AND the stock market....at least through 2012.  Not sure what he has said in the last few years....but just a word of warning.

The following link is his take on "Nate Silver" in the EARLY GOINGS of the Republican primaries (or even BEFORE the primaries) when everyone and their dog wasn't giving Donald much of a chance (and all the polls didn't give him a chance as well....which certainly meant that Nate Silver also didn't give him a chance).

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/01/nate-silver-off-mark-on-donald-trump.html

Yes Buddy, Mish is the one I referenced, he ran several articles on the same subject throughout the campaign (there were a couple interesting ones around the April timeframe). His economic and social stuff is pretty good although negatively biased as you say, he forecast the housing crash beforehand including calling the top in 2007. However I really didn't want to start linking him here as he is a climate denier, which is very sad considering he can read long term trends very well in economic matters. And his political views are also mostly terrible, although he gives good arguments for them. So when reading him you need to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »
Yes Buddy, Mish is the one I referenced, he ran several articles on the same subject throughout the campaign (there were a couple interesting ones around the April timeframe). His economic and social stuff is pretty good although negatively biased as you say, he forecast the housing crash beforehand including calling the top in 2007. However I really didn't want to start linking him here as he is a climate denier, which is very sad considering he can read long term trends very well in economic matters. And his political views are also mostly terrible, although he gives good arguments for them. So when reading him you need to separate the chaff from the wheat.

Mish has always reminded me a lot of David Stockman (father of "Trickle Down Economics") who was the budget director under Ronald Reagan....and has lived to regret it.  David is also a "perma bear" and has been calling for a "significant top" in the market for over a year now (sooner or later he's bound to be right ;).

They are BOTH "perma bears"....and (like many economists) made some horrible "calls" along the way.  In the case of David Stockman......he initiated some horrible policy under Reagan.

I had already seen some of Mish's articles RE Nate Silver.  I think it is HEALTHY to look at VARIOUS ANGLES of something....whether it be global warming, economics, or whatever.  I even force myself to watch a small dose of FOX Noise during the week.....although it is a SMALL DOSE.  It's pretty entertaining when you see what they are really doing.

I won't go off on a LONG tangent here.....but there is a lot of "bias" to go around.....both RIGHT and LEFT.  Which is why I always encourage EVERYONE to register as an Independent (if you are in an "open primary" state).  Then....all you/we have to do.....is look for the truth.  It makes life much easier....

As far as Mish goes....everything is in writing (the good...the bad...and the ugly).

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2016, 05:44:37 AM »
For what it's worth, the latest polls show a statistical tie now in Texas and Indiana...pretty amazing, when you think about it.

Things are also getting close in Alaska, Missouri, and Georgia.

I'm vacillating between thinking it's going to be a huge Clinton landslide and thinking the polls are all wrong, and Trump will pull off an upset win (possibly with help from his minions bullying people at polling places).

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2016, 06:14:41 AM »
For what it's worth, the latest polls show a statistical tie now in Texas and Indiana...pretty amazing, when you think about it.

Things are also getting close in Alaska, Missouri, and Georgia.

I'm vacillating between thinking it's going to be a huge Clinton landslide and thinking the polls are all wrong, and Trump will pull off an upset win (possibly with help from his minions bullying people at polling places).

You would think Trump has done more than enough damage to his own campaign to set the stage for a landslide, which I hope will happen. With all the b.s. he's spewing, I don't want there to be any doubt whatsoever that he lost.

My own thinking Wili is similar to yours; a pendulum swing from a Clinton landslide to a Trump upset win. Any other election year than this one, it would be a landslide. If there are Trump partisans at some polling sites, I'm wondering whether they will be allowed to intimidate voters. I have a feeling they will be put in their place, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are reports of civil disobedience. Certainly makes a good case for early voting.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2016, 01:39:21 PM »

I expect things to "tighten up" some over the coming 3 weeks.  How much....I have no idea.  Three weeks in politics is an ETERNITY.

I will STILL be watching (1) New Hampshire (2) Pennsylvania (3) North Carolina (4) Florida and (5) Nevada.  If I'm watching Nevada in the early morning hours of November 9th....then the race will have closed a LOT.  I DON'T expect that......but that is a possibility.  I won't be watching Ohio...because I think Trump will take Ohio.

It's only been 3 weeks since the polls started to "widen out".  They can go back....just as easily. 

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/15/david_brooks_warns_republicans_this_is_like_supporting_joe_mccarthy_and_you_will_not_be_fine_after_election.html

From Friday's broadcast of PBS News Hour with Mark Shields and Judy Woodruff.

Brooks also said the WikiLeaks dump of John Podesta's private emails were "boring".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2016, 05:13:17 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mike-pence-russia-hack_us_5803842fe4b06e0475955319?section=&

"Mike Pence admits evidence points to Russia interfering with U.S. elections".

"It's a break from what his running mate, Donald Trump, has been saying.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-clarke-pitchforks-and-torches_us_580257ffe4b06e04759531a6?section=&

"Sheriff supporting Trump says it's time to bring out pitchforks and torches".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2016, 05:41:10 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-rigged-elections-republicans-229846

"Fears mount on Trump's "rigged election" rhetoric".

Top Republicans are coming under pressure to defend the legitimacy of the electoral system.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #225 on: October 16, 2016, 05:59:11 PM »
I think Trump is using this rhetoric to bolster his post-election career.  I wouldn't be surprised if, the day after the election, he might refuse to concede his electoral defeat, and instead blame the outcome on vote-tampering and a grand media conspiracy to smear him.

Claiming, then, that he's the "true" winner of the election, he might have some hope of being seen by a segment of the population as the legitimate President.  Paid speeches and appearances might then replace his real estate income.

However, this kind of rhetoric is fundamentally toxic to the orderly operation of democracy.  Faith in the legitimacy of votes is a bedrock of democratic society.  His entire approach has worked to undermine his own country.

Csnavywx

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #226 on: October 16, 2016, 10:06:53 PM »
Trump very likely isn't going to win at this point. He had a chance 2 weeks ago, before the tapes and allegations hit. In the short run, it doesn't look like we're going to have to suffer him.

In the long term, the populist movement that gave birth to him (and Brexit) is going to be a very real threat. It isn't going anywhere and I fear it may birth something worse than Trump in the longer run.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 16, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »

In the long term, the populist movement that gave birth to him (and Brexit) is going to be a very real threat. It isn't going anywhere and I fear it may birth something worse than Trump in the longer run.

That concerns me as well. Meanwhile, Trump continued to ratchet up the rhetoric today:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-intensifies-his-claim-that-campaign-is-%E2%80%98rigged%E2%80%99/ar-AAj1OGP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2016, 11:19:11 PM »
Some quotes from Trump's inner circle earlier today:

Newt Gingrich; "Without media assault Trump would be up fifteen points".

Rudy Giuliani; "Dead people generally vote for democrats".

Mike Pence; "Trump's sexual misconduct allegations not substantiated".

Mike Pence; "We will absolutely accept the result of the election".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2016, 11:35:30 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-carolina-gop-headquarters-firebombed/ar-AAj1Jot?ocid=spartandhp

From Fox News; An adjacent building marked with spray painted graffiti "Nazi Republicans get out of town or else".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2016, 06:18:07 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-clinton-react-to-attack-on-local-nc-gop-headquarters/ar-AAj1SG7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Reaction from both nominees over the attack on local North Carolina GOP Headquarters.

Without any proof, Trump fires off another tweet blaming "animals" representing Hillary Clinton and Democrats for the firebombing of the GOP local office. I'll describe his actions using a three letter word that he often uses in his tweets to describe  a situation: SAD.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2016, 06:51:21 AM »
In this cartoon, Jesus gets off the cross and departs as a preacher looking a lot like Pat Robertson preaches that the religious right is sticking with Donald Trump. Other political cartoons are included.

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2016/10/october-2016-002359?slide=0

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2016, 07:08:29 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-native-americans-arizona_us_5802f2dfe4b06e0475954a71?

"Donald Trump faces payback in the desert". If the presidential race is close in Arizona, Native Americans could throw it to Clinton.

excerpt: "Make America great again? There was an even greater America before 1492".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-accuser-zervos-fights-back-with-witness/ar-AAj1KzG?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"Summer Zervos is fighting back against the Trump campaign's attack on her credibility".

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
On an issue that is important to Trump, and close to his heart....

http://www.businessinsider.com/hair-surgeon-explains-donald-trumps-hair-2015-12

Yes....who would have guessed?  Even the Donald's hair isn't natural.  The only things natural about Donald Trump, are his non-existent heart...and his over-sized ego.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2016, 06:03:48 PM »
WOW.  The Republican party's problems with (1) blacks (2) Hispanics, and (3) Gays are well known.

But take a look at the graph in this article by Nate's group at 538.com.  The graph, midway down the page, shows the discrepancy between how men and women vote.  The discrepancy since 1952 until now.....CONTINUES TO GROW.  And women.....are MUCH more likely to vote Democratic than men.  You don't have to be a "graph expert" to see that....over time.....the "highs are higher, and the lows are higher".  In other words.....the trend is zigzagging....but it is zigzagging UP. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/men-are-treating-2016-as-a-normal-election-women-arent/

Since women comprise about 53% of the vote compared to men at 47%....that is NOT good news for Republicans when women, since 1952....are continuing to vote MORE AND MORE for the Democratic ticket in presidential races.

If the Republicans could get the "old white bigoted men" out of office....it would likely bode well for them.  Unfortunately.... when you take a look at Texas or Georgia or Alabama.....that's all you see on the Republican side.

NOT GOOD....

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2016, 06:10:47 PM »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2016, 08:34:07 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/fbi-state-department-clinton-email-229880

"State Dept. official accused of offering 'quid pro quo' in Clinton email scandal".

An unnamed FBI official alleges Patrick Kennedy asked agency to downgrade classified email in exchange for FBI agents in more countries.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »

I will STILL be watching (1) New Hampshire (2) Pennsylvania (3) North Carolina (4) Florida and (5) Nevada.

I'm from New Hampshire, (now living in Florida), so I'm fairly certain that Clinton will win there. Nevertheless, it will be close so it does bear watching.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2016, 09:02:28 PM »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »
Clinton going on offense.  Looks like they are going to "make a play" for Arizona and perhaps Georgia.  Michelle Obama.....Bernie....and Chelsea are going to Arizona to campaign.

ARIZONA......WOW.

Georgia....we'll have to wait and see if they do indeed make a play for it.  It is tightening a little bit....but they are spread pretty thin right now with a lot of "battleground states" in play...

Part of reason why they would WANT to expand the field....is for the NEXT election in 4 years.....

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2016, 12:47:38 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tweets_us_5804d173e4b0e8c198a8f40a?

"Trump's morning: Attack Biden, female accusers, fellow Republicans and electoral integrity, all before noon".

Personal thought: If Trump lacked an audience, he'd probably commit suicide! I think Trump's own personal version of hell would be that no one would be interested in what he has to say.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/democratic-leadership-criticize-republican-leadership-trump-rigged-229895

"Pelosi and Reid call on Ryan and McConnell to repudiate Trump rigging claims". In Paul Ryan's defense, he already has, but Mitch McConnell has not.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2016, 03:04:11 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-election-rigged_us_580548c8e4b0dd54ce34b492?

"The people who know how to actually rig an election say Trump is wrong".

"The stuff he is talking about, it is ridiculous".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2016, 06:02:59 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/17/politics/melania-trump-interview/index.html

CNN interview with Melania Trump. "Donald Trump was egged on into boy talk". Melania defended her husband in her first interview since the Republican nominee faced allegations of sexual misconduct.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:28 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37676976

"US election 2016: Presidential campaign alarms Europeans".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 18, 2016, 06:29:20 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-wisconsin-ryan-priebus-229905

"Trump's Wisconsin strategy: Burn it all down".

"The nominee prepped for his visit with a flurry of attacks on the state GOP's favorite son", Paul Ryan.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 06:53:51 AM by budmantis »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2016, 06:53:06 AM »
Not being an enthusiastic Clinton supporter, I'm thinking vote Clinton to prevent a Trump presidency. At the same time, I think a check on the power of a Clinton presidency would be a good idea, in the form of a divided government; Clinton as President with (hopefully) a Democratic majority in the Senate, but a Republican majority in the House. The Democrats have a pretty good chance of winning back the Senate, but a very slim chance of winning the House.

The way I see it is Clinton becomes President for four years, but those four years are a kind of probation. Depending on how her first term unfolds, I and at least some Democrats wouldn't necessarily vote for her for a second term. If four years hence and we are not satisfied with Clinton's performance, I think many of us would prefer a moderate Republican, perhaps like John Kasich, who I would have preferred this year.

In that context, is the linked article about Republicans rushing to build a firewall to protect their majority in the House. Even if the House changed to a Democratic majority, (which I think is unlikely), the Republicans will easily win it back in two years during the mid-term elections.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/house-republicans-firewall-election-229910

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2016, 07:14:41 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/chelsea-clinton-foundation-hillary-bill-229903

Chelsea: "Aides hustling business at foundation".

"Hacked emails reveal allegations of financial impropriety by Clinton insiders".