Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Trump  (Read 1470163 times)

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
Re: Presidential poll for US citizens on the forum
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »
Kasich does, at least, think that GW is real.

But he doesn't think we should do anything about it. So its a distinction without a difference.

He wants to (further) cut education spending, presumably because he sees how uneducated voters can be more easily duped into voting against their own interests by voting Republican.

Wants to repeal most of the Affordable Health Care Act, like all other Republicans, who don't have any rational plan to replace it.

Will ban many abortions. (Why do so many white men want to tell white and non-white women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies?)

Want to cut corporate taxes, presumably because he thinks corporations don't yet have enough total control over our lives...

Limit union power...can't have workers getting any rights, after all!!

AND...and...he want to throw yet more soldiers in harms way, involving US ground troops in yet another unwinnable war in Asia...

The guys a disaster...just not quite as total a disaster as the yet more repugnant of the Repugs.

The person to look to in 2020 is Elizabeth Warren.

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2016, 02:22:34 PM »
I was WRONG about the Arctic ice sheet this year.  I expected a new record low (which did NOT happen)....and I expected that it would impact the elections.

BUT....it turns out that global warming WILL impact the election this year in another way....in FLORIDA.  The annual "king tide" has just hit.  This year....it was worse than most due to the type of alignment of the sun and moon, and the distance (lack of distance) from the moon and earth.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/02af5928-d374-3888-8142-ae26b377f9af/ss_climate-change-makes-waves-in.html

As the oceans continue to rise.....the annual king tides have become worse and worse.  In some places....they are making roadways HIGHER....and Miami Beach is installing hundreds of millions of dollars of pumps.

Of course.....mother nature is likely laughing her head off...because those efforts are SHORT TERM....and will be woefully inadequate unless we get CO2 levels down PRONTO...and, as most of us know....it is likely TOO LATE for some areas (like Miami Beach).

Here's another video clip of the recent king tides as well:  http://wsvn.com/news/local/weekend-king-tides-cause-flooding-across-south-florida/
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »

But he doesn't think we should do anything about it. So its a distinction without a difference.

..............Will ban many abortions. (Why do so many white men want to tell white and non-white women what they can and cannot do with their own bodies?)...........

The guys a disaster...just not quite as total a disaster as the yet more repugnant of the Repugs.

I agree.  Although....I do think he is the "tallest midget in the Republican room"

As a fiscal conservative....I wish the Republicans would:

(1) "stay out of the bedroom"
(2) get on board with dealing with global warming
(3) quit trying to rig the tax code for upper income earners....its short sighted (and I'm a CPA)

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2016, 02:34:13 PM »
Good point about Florida--I hope you're right.

he is the "tallest midget in the Republican room"

Nice, but of course an insult to actual midgets, like this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reich  --an intellectual giant compared to those guys, even if I can't figure out why he is so obsessed about 'saving capitalism'--not that I want to kill it, just shrink it down so it's small enough to drown in a bathtub! :)
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2016, 03:22:41 PM »

I don't think Kasich is a disaster or repugnant, but he wouldn't be my first choice for President either. For 2016, if the choice was Kasich or Clinton, Kasich would get my vote. In 2020, assuming Clinton is president and she does a good job and stays out of trouble (ethics wise), she'll get my vote again. As for Elizabeth Warren, she can kick ass and take names! If she became the Democrat's nominee in 2020 or 2024, I would likely vote for her, but I think she's a little too far to the left.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 18, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »
Nice, but of course an insult to actual midgets, like this guy:

I like Robert Reich...smart guy....

Maybe I should have said:  "The cleanest of the dirtiest shirts"..... ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2016, 04:08:11 PM »
Anyone wanting to look up ISSUES on any US politician.....here's a good site for you folks.  It is NON PARTISAN...unbiased....not-for-profit organization....and they do a really nice job:

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:18 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/republican-national-committee-election-rigged-229936

"RNC members agree with Trump: It's rigged".

Many top GOP officials believe the fix is in.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 18, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37691040

"Tell America it's great? 'That is so Canadian'

Luckily for world-weary Americans, some light relief is on hand thanks to their northern neighbors in Canada. During this tough election, us Americans are struggling, so come on you Canadians, send us some love!

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2016, 05:23:22 AM »
Thank God.  Only 3 more weeks.....and one more debate.  What will happen the last 3 weeks? 
Will Trump have an absolute meltdown?  Will Republican leaders like Ryan and McConnel finally unendorce IF Trump goes completely off the rails?  What will be the outcome of the last debate?  Will the gap tighten over the last 3 weeks?

The Republicans built up a band of crazies in the country over the last 10 years or more with all kinds of conspiracy theories.....and now that they have a ringleader who feeds them.....the politicians can't support him....nor can they totally leave him for fear that the band of crazies will vote them out of office.

Can't wait till this is over...

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2016, 07:01:06 AM »

Can't wait till this is over...

I'll second that Buddy! From the NY Times; "Trump's call to monitor polls raises fear of intimidation".

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump%E2%80%99s-call-to-monitor-polls-raises-fears-of-intimidation/ar-AAj7eR4?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Pmt111500

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
As a slight humorous piece, the National Broadcasting company here asked the national parliament members of one voting area which one they would choose: 1 (evolution denialist) would vote for Trump, 4 would vote for Clinton, but the rest of the 8 said something along the lines, "It really doesn't matter, it's not our concern, we'll trust the americans", indicating they really don't care so I think they'd vote for Trump, so it's not over yet.

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »
budmantis wrote: "...a little too far to the left"

Interesting. I was just having a conversation with a US conservative on another site. He pointed out that his Canadian relatives, who also consider themselves rock solid conservatives, are totally bewildered by the US's lack of universal health care, something pretty much everyone in every other developed country takes for granted.

So Sanders' and Warren's position on this, at least, would be considered completely in alignment with rock solid conservative views in most other countries, but it makes them beyond-the-pale lefties here.

We do really live in an exceptionally strange country (though I'm not sure that's what most people mean by American 'Exceptionalism'!  ;D :o).

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/one-month-253-trump-untruths-214369?lo=ap_b1

"Confessions of a Trump fact-checker".

By Daniel Dale; "I spent thirty three days fact checking 253 Trump falsehoods. Here's what I've learned".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2016, 06:22:09 PM »
budmantis wrote: "...a little too far to the left"

We do really live in an exceptionally strange country (though I'm not sure that's what most people mean by American 'Exceptionalism'!  ;D :o).

That's a good one Wili and you're right, we do live in an exceptionally strange country. I'm thinking of the billions of dollars being spent on this election. It's obscene.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 20, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-debate-230067

"Five takeaways from the final debate".

"He made his biggest mistake just as she delivered her best performance".

Thank god that the debates are over! I don't think I could have handled another one. For the first twenty minutes or so, Trump did well, then he reverted back to his former "ugly" self. I actually liked Trump somewhat during the apprentice series, but I could never understand why all contestants in the boardroom, including celebrity apprentice contestants had to call him Mr. Trump. Actually I do understand, it was to feed his ego. If I was a contestant and I had to call him Mr. Trump, I would have insisted he call me Mr. Budmantis or my actual last name preceded by Mr., but I digress.

I think I made it known on the Forum that I'm not an enthusiastic supporter of Hillary Clinton. Her poise and performance in the debates has raised my respect for her by a couple notches though, and given the choice of who we have to vote for, she's obviously our best choice. Moving forward, it will be interesting to see how Congress and the Senate will work with her.

Except for the first two years of Obama's presidency, both houses of Congress have stonewalled him on just about everything. If there had been a bipartisan effort to launch a healthcare program in 2010, it would likely be a hell of a lot better than what is known as Obamacare. My wife and I have both benefited from the Affordable Care Act since it's inception, but changes have to be made to it to make it work better.

I hope this "stonewalling" by the Republicans in both houses of Congress will stop and bipartisanship begins again. The onus is not just on the Republicans, it is also on Hillary Clinton, who most likely will be our next President. It will likely be politics as usual, but I can hope for better things.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 20, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
Well....no victory for Trump in the third match.  And from "my read" of the debate...as well as others.....Trump lost this one as well.  He just can't help himself.  It's like watching a play that EVERYONE KNOWS the quarterback is going to FAKE the handoff.......but he still takes the bait (the fake handoff) and the quarterback passes the ball instead.  It is a "reflex action" on Trumps part.  He just can't help it.

So now....baring any unforeseen surprise or event.....the attention will turn to the Senate.  There are 4 RAZOR THIN margins in the senate races:  New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Nevada (all except Missouri are "battleground states"....and Missouri isn't THAT far off either).

Right now...Nate has the chances of the Dems winning a majority at 75%....but those 4 really close races can turn EITHER WAY.  It would certainly be a BIG BONUS if the Dems have the majority in the Senate....but remember that it will STILL BE HARD TO PASS POLICY because the "filibuster" has been used so much in the last 12 years.  A bill only needs a MAJORITY VOTE to pass (>50%).  BUT...if it is "filibustered"......then it needs 60% pass.  Nobody is going to have a "filibuster proof majority" in the next Senate........EITHER PARTY.   And the House is still going to have a majority for the Republicans unless Trump is found in bed having sex with a Russian spy (in which case Melania Trump will say that the spy "egged him on...it wasn't Donald's fault ;)).

But....it is certainly a "good thing" to have the majority.  And for passing policy over coming years on global warming.......it will be a HUGE PLUS to have at least a majority.

I happen to think that global warming is going to put an anchor on Republicans in coming years and coming elections.  Those that continue to look away from what is actually happening.....like Rubio and a boat full of others....are going to pay a political price.

It will also be interesting to see how Donald behaves during the last 3 weeks.  Does he come TOTALLY UNHINGED?  Or....does he just continue on his "mostly unhinged" path that he is currently on?

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/trump-3-am-tweet-third-debate-230078

"Trump tweets at 3AM that he won the debate".

I wonder how many people agree with him?

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »
National Polls:  Take your choice.....

Behind curtain #1.....we have Trump winning by 1% of the vote according to the IBD/TIPP (Investors Business Daily) poll and 3% of the vote according to Rasmussen's poll.

Behind curtain #2....we have Clinton winning by anywhere from 4% - 11% of the national popular vote.

Three weeks until we find out who is right.  Will be interesting to see how the various polls "move" over the coming three weeks.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/updates/

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 21, 2016, 03:11:35 PM »
On a scale of 1 to 10....ten being highest.....what do you think Rudy would give the following joke:

Yea....Rudy wasn't thrilled with that one.  And I hate that Hillary took a shot at FOX... ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 21, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
The "Al Smith" charity dinner has been a mainstay each presidential election cycle.....where BOTH presidential candidates from each party give comedic speeches...with a lot of "SELF DEPRICATING" notes.

This year....was NOT done in that vain.  Unfortunate...and Trump took things WAY over the line...and received many rounds of boos from the conservative crowd.

Below is George Bush in October of 2000....just before the close election of that year.  Bush NAILED IT.  And look at the MANY self deprecating remarks about himself.  And note that Al Gore is laughing when the jokes turn to him.  This year....the only "deprecating remark" done by Trump...was at his wife's expense.  Too bad really....Trump had a LOT of material to use on himself.

Again...here is George Bush from Oct 2000.  Really funny stuff:

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 21, 2016, 03:45:28 PM »
THIS....is how the Al Smith Charity dinner is supposed to be done by BOTH candidates.  Here are Obama and Romney in 2012.  Both self deprecating.....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 21, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »
Former head of the Republican National Committee.....Michael Steele....drops Trump:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/michael-steele-donald-trump_us_5809f6efe4b000d0b155f6a7

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 21, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »
Right now.....the "electoral total" for Clinton looks to be about 333....which would be 1 (one) more than Obama got against Romney in 2012.

The mix would be different:  Clinton is likely to pick up Arizona and North Caroline.....but may lose Ohio and Iowa.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 22, 2016, 06:17:27 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-stock-markets_us_580a6ad3e4b0cdea3d87607c

"Donald Trump victory would send stocks plummeting ten to fifteen percent according to this article".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 22, 2016, 06:22:51 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/early-voting-women-battleground-states-230176

"Early voting shows upsurge of women".

"In Georgia, No. Carolina and Florida, Democrats see uptick in women taking ballots as reason for optimism".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 22, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/terry-tate-donald-trump-tackle-clip_us_580b2674e4b02444efa3a99a?section=

For anyone wanting to punch Trump, this spoof of Terry Tate tackling the Donald provides some satisfaction and comic relief.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #277 on: October 22, 2016, 02:48:51 PM »
@realDonaldTrump:  The results are in on the final debate and it is almost unanimous, I WON! Thank you, these are very exciting times.
@HillaryClinton: Where was this kind of comedy last night?

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/789524541789859840
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 22, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
The race tightened up this week....I would expect more tightening in the next 2 weeks..

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #279 on: October 22, 2016, 04:48:09 PM »
The race tightened up this week....I would expect more tightening in the next 2 weeks..

The linked article provides numbers on just how much the race has tightened in recent weeks:

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/hillary_clinton_vs_donald_trum_2.html

Extract: "FiveThirtyEight.com has Clinton's chances of winning in the Nov. 8 general election at 86 percent as compared to 14 percent for Republican challenger Donald Trump. The numbers are based on which candidate people said they would vote for if the election were held today.

An alternate forecast on the same site – based on polls, the performance of the economy and historical data – has Clinton's chances at 84 percent compared to Trump's 16 percent.

FiveThirtyEight's forecast earlier this week had Clinton's chances of defeating Trump at 90 percent. The business mogul-turned-politician's numbers rebounded slightly in the wake of Wednesday night's final presidential debate after weeks turmoil over reports that the candidate sexually harassed women. Trump has repeatedly denied those claims.

On Sept. 26, Clinton was polling at 52 percent compared to Trump's 48 percent. Two weeks later – after the release of a video showing Trump referring to grabbing a woman's genitals – the numbers flipped to 90 percent for the Democratic nominee and 10 percent for the GOP pick.

The numbers have also flipped in battleground states, with Clinton now leading in Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Ohio."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 22, 2016, 10:15:18 PM »
When I said the race tightened "this week".....I literally meant 1 week.  Before that.....the difference expanded in Clinton's favor.  But over the last week....it tightened (according to Nate Silver).

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

How much it will tighten GOING FORWARD.....I have no idea.  Unless something "ground shaking" happens....I wouldn't think much.  As long as the popular vote gap stays above 4%....I'll probably sleep pretty well.  Right now...it's about 6.4% (down from almost 7% a week ago.

And those of you worried about the Rasmussen poll which shows Trump up by 2%.....keep in mind that Nate grades it as a "C" poll.  It is biased.....and it is ALWAYS biased to the right.  Take a look at the Rasmussen poll taken right before the last election with Romney vs Obama in 2012.  If you pay special attention to the STATES.....Rasmussen missed BADLY.  Nationally....they had Romney up by 5% popular vote right before election....and he ended up losing by 4%.....so that was a 9% miss.

The headline in Rasmussen was:  "Going out on a limb:  Romney beats Obama Handily."

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_michael_barone/going_out_on_a_limb_romney_beats_obama_handily

As if that wasn't bad enough......Rasmussen missed the following states which it called for Romney:

Florida....Ohio....Iowa.....Virginia....Colorado.....New Hampshire....Pennsylvania.....Wisconsin

Rasmussen had the electoral count as Romeney 315.....Obama 223.  It actually turned out Obama 332....Romney 206.

Just missed it by a whisker:  9% in popular vote....and 109 electoral votes the wrong way.. ;) 

The other poll that has Trump in the lead is IBD (investors Business Daily).  If you though that FOX was biased......you need to be introduced to IBD.  They are WORSE.  SERIOUSLY.  And to add insult to injury....they lie about global warming ALL THE TIME.

I'll stick with Nate.  If he calls the race for Trump on Tuesday morning before the count starts:  That is what I would go with.  It's like taking Michael Jordan over me in a game of horse. 

Sleepy

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/terry-tate-donald-trump-tackle-clip_us_580b2674e4b02444efa3a99a?section=

For anyone wanting to punch Trump, this spoof of Terry Tate tackling the Donald provides some satisfaction and comic relief.
Nicely done, I think that video is worth a closer look?

And a bit slower just to display the retouching of the other Donalds face.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
Thanks Sleepy. It's weird but the more I watch the loop of the Trump takedown, the more I want to watch. Comic relief and stress relief!

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2016, 08:00:24 PM »
It did poll pretty well....
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 24, 2016, 07:36:03 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/politics/trump-2012-immigration/index.html

"Trump in 2012 on deporting many undocumented immigrants: I don't believe in that".

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/trump-american-democracy-could-break-down-214383

"Yes, American democracy could break down".

"It might not be Trump, but our system is more vulnerable to a demagogue than you'd think".

By Yascha Mounk. Personally, I cant imagine a demagogue worse than Trump, but I could be mistaken.

Sleepy

« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:30 AM »
budmantis, there's certainly some pent up emotions that are released with that Terry Tate video you posted. :) By chance I stumbled over one of my own comments from last October on a Swedish blog (attempting to spook); "It's soon halloween: Imagine Trump as the next POTUS?"

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2016, 02:19:17 PM »
budmantis, there's certainly some pent up emotions that are released with that Terry Tate video you posted. :) By chance I stumbled over one of my own comments from last October on a Swedish blog (attempting to spook); "It's soon halloween: Imagine Trump as the next POTUS?"

Here's a little more comic relief:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/eric-trump-poses-with-woman-in-anti-trump-shirt/ar-AAjj4OZ?ocid=spartandhp

In a way, I find it hard to believe that no one at this Trump rally knew what "contra" meant.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 24, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #290 on: October 24, 2016, 10:23:36 PM »
The linked Washington Post article is entitled: "Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero"  :)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/24/donald-trumps-chances-of-winning-are-approaching-zero/

Extract: "The election is in 15 days. And the electoral map just keeps looking grimmer and grimmer for Donald Trump."
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 24, 2016, 11:36:07 PM »
The linked Washington Post article is entitled: "Donald Trump’s chances of winning are approaching zero"  :)

Don't get TOO GIDDY.....these are POLLS.  And polls have been wrong before.  They have tightened a bit over the last week....and I would expect them to continue to tighten some more. 

Right now....Nate has Clinton with a 6.2% lead.  That could very easily go down to 4% over two weeks.

It still means Trumps chances are not great....but they are a LOT better than zero.  I hope I am wrong and it is a blowout....but I DON'T see a POPULAR VOTE BLOWOUT happening.

By the way.....the Washington Post is very left leaning....just as IBD and Rassumessen are RIGHT LEANING.  So I don't look at EITHER.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 25, 2016, 06:51:26 AM »

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/24/donald-trump-just-got-some-of-his-best-polling-news-in-weeks/21590934/

A CNN poll released Monday shows Trump trailing Clinton by 5 points. Conventional wisdom would say that Trump is all washed up and I hope it is true, but there seems to be a lot of mixed signals out there and this election is proving to be anything but conventional.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 25, 2016, 07:12:55 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37726844

"U.S. election: How Trump went down in a Mexican bbq joint".

Checkout the Trump piñata!

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 25, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-book-donor-money_us_580e7b09e4b02444efa4e7c4

"Trump donors paid for his jetliner, his hotels and now, his books".

Now that's what I call leveraging!

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 25, 2016, 07:19:21 AM »
Indirectly related to the Presidential election;

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/20/politics/republicans-ousting-paul-ryan-donald-trump/

"GOP lawmaker: Move to oust Ryan grows over speaker's tepid support of Trump".

Sleepy

« Reply #296 on: October 25, 2016, 09:07:38 AM »
Hopefully, and I'll be content with the BAU alternative. That's a first. :(

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 25, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »
Here are 5 possible scenarios per an article in fivethirtyeight.com regarding the DAY AFTER the election.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/youll-likely-be-reading-one-of-these-5-articles-the-day-after-the-election/

I happen to believe....as of now....that the election will be about a 4% - 5% popular vote victory for Clinton.....and she'll get about 333 electoral votes.  That is just slightly better than scenario #3 in the article.

budmantis

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 25, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »
Here are 5 possible scenarios per an article in fivethirtyeight.com regarding the DAY AFTER the election.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/youll-likely-be-reading-one-of-these-5-articles-the-day-after-the-election/

I happen to believe....as of now....that the election will be about a 4% - 5% popular vote victory for Clinton.....and she'll get about 333 electoral votes.  That is just slightly better than scenario #3 in the article.

I'm hoping that scenario number 2 will be the actual outcome of this election. I think it is important for Clinton to get to 50% of the popular vote, which should quash any claims of voter fraud as well as giving her a solid mandate.

I think scenario 3 is most likely to happen though. Scenario 4 and 5 are almost equally horrific. A narrow Clinton victory would create more chaos than the 2000 presidential election did. Scenario 1 would be great, but it's about as likely to happen as a Trump victory in scenario 5.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2016, 04:54:30 PM »
FYI....the Rasmussen poll....which is HEAVILY right leaning (they were off by 9% in 2012) has moved by 3% just over the last day towards Clinton.

Yesterday...their poll from Oct 19-23 showed Trump up by 2%.  The poll out today, shows Clinton up by 1% (taken Oct 20-24).  A 3% move IN ONE DAY IS A BIG MOVE.

Rasmussen is a well known "cheerleader" of the Republican party...so their poll is not taken seriously.  But I do enjoy watching it.  We'll see if they find the dart board this year after missing so badly last time around.  Another miss like 2012.....and NOBODY will take them seriously.