Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Foul Language thread (may contain....ooo...drumroll...climate and other science)  (Read 29260 times)

DrTskoul

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
  • Likes Given: 60
Everyday events have been too depressing for us poor fuckers to break out to a string of fucking glorious expletives.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5289
  • Likes Given: 69
Everyday events have been too depressing for us poor fuckers to break out to a string of fucking glorious expletives.

You poor fuckers want fucking sympathy? Fuck me ! (Please don't). You fuckers wouldn't know real fucking shit cunt depression if it fucked your face with a shovel.

Got to improve and widen my vocabulary.

ps: When will Trump take his face for a shit?

"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 583
  • Likes Given: 42

Pathetic.

You sir, need to go to Insult School.

Shit a brick, I forgot the fucking foul language.

Alright.  Duck!!!

How's that for fowl language?

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
Fucking less dissonance? Fuck me.
Fucking motherfucker dumb shit.
Fucking shit cunt dissonance fuck cunt fuck.

Cunting wanking turd customer fucking base. Shit shit shit.

Ooh, that's better.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2041
  • Likes Given: 1986
LOL

If it makes you feel better this part of your customer base is fucking satisfied with the free service you provide.  :)

Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

Rich

ROFLMAO at this thread. Cathartic.

Fuck Trump. Fuck Pelosi and her 8 figure real estate mini empire as well.

Fuck the corporate media of CNN, MSNBC, Fox, WAPO, NYT, etc. who give us the pathetic shallow left vs. right Kabuki Theater while they all work together to throw the American middle class under the bus.

And fuck me! What an annoying bastard.

Pmt111500

And two and a half years later I started to wonder what the fuck made me imitate some fucking post on usenet way back when internet trolls were fresh and tasty. It turns out, the fucking MoronOTUS was then fucking instructed to evict some native muricans.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Current_events/2017_January_24

Killian

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 77
  • Likes Given: 8
THE best thing about using all the fucking expletives you can - though should occur naturally, or you're a fucking fake fucking wannabe piece of shit shit-tossing fucktard! - is that it sorts out the pretentious pricks and twats who motherfuckingly consider themselves son-of-a-bitching intellectuals all while mind-fucking themselves harder and faster than the Man from Nantucket who, had he an ear-pussy, would have fucked it. Those fuckwits and shit-eaters fuck themselves, anyway.

Bugalugs

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 10
The gratuitous prick or cunt vs the witty prick or cunt ...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:58:40 AM by Bugalugs »

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745

Or as the Merovingian remarked ...

Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère!

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
Arctic Shifts To a Carbon Source Due to Winter Soil Emissions
https://eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-11/nsfc-ast110819.php

A NASA-funded study suggests winter carbon emissions in the Arctic may be adding more carbon into the atmosphere each year than is taken up by Arctic vegetation, marking a stark reversal for a region that has captured and stored carbon for tens of thousands of years.

AAAAAARGH. Carbon emitted from thawing permafrost has not been included in the majority of models used to predict future climates.

"These findings indicate that winter carbon dioxide loss may already be offsetting growing season carbon uptake, and these losses will increase as the climate continues to warm," said Woods Hole Research Center Arctic Program Director Sue Natali, lead author of the study. "Studies focused on individual sites have seen this transition, but until now we haven't had a clear accounting of the winter carbon balance throughout the entire Arctic region."

Researchers estimate a yearly loss of 1.7 billion metric tons of carbon from the permafrost region during the winter season from 2003 to 2017 compared to the estimated average of 1 billion metric tons of carbon taken up during the growing season. ... "The warmer it gets, the more carbon will be released into the atmosphere from the permafrost region, which will add to further warming," ... . AAARGH

For the full quote not maimed by Aaargs hit the link.

Once i lived in a world where we had some time to stop emitting before we lost the Amazon and many other forests. Just the idea of the arctic being a source instead of a sink was stuff for the latter part of this century. Same goes for all the crumbling in the Antarctic which is really neatly documented with gifs and discussions in the subforum.

I was already wondering if we would see sinks fail before the arctic ice technically did and how to phrase that question and in which subforum it should be posted but we can skip that now.

Press F to pay respect.

The world we knew has died because all the overshoot we add now just makes it worse.
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 710
  • Likes Given: 372
Fuck bars.
Fucking moronic right wing death cult whacks
Cunt headed mother fucking idiots are committing suicide with covid 19 and we are the collateral damage.
The only bright hope is enough boomer fucktards die that politics changes  in the Anglophile country's and we actually manage to engage with reality going forward.
Correction slim hope...learn from our mistakes  kids ....
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
Robert Heinlein.

blumenkraft

Yepp!

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
A pause in Southern Hemisphere circulation trends due to the Montreal Protocol

Observations show robust near-surface trends in Southern Hemisphere tropospheric circulation towards the end of the twentieth century, including a poleward shift in the mid-latitude jet1,2, a positive trend in the Southern Annular Mode1,3–6 and an expansion of the Hadley cell7,8. It has been established that these trends were driven by ozone depletion in the Antarctic stratosphere due to emissions of ozone-depleting substances9–11. Here we show that these widely reported circulation trends paused, or slightly reversed, around the year 2000. Using a pattern-based detection and attribution analysis of atmospheric zonal wind, we show that the pause in circulation trends is forced by human activities, and has not occurred owing only to internal or natural variability of the climate system. Furthermore, we demonstrate that stratospheric ozone recovery, resulting from the Montreal Protocol, is the keydriver of the pause. Because pre-2000 circulation trends have affected precipitation12–14, and potentially ocean circulation and salinity15–17, we anticipate that a pause in these trends will have wider impacts on the Earth system. Signatures of the effects of the Montreal Protocol and the associated stratospheric ozone recovery might therefore manifest, or have already manifested, in other aspects of the Earth system

Link in the SA article above.

So rest of human crap overrides Montreal recoveries in the noughties. Permafrost flips ca 2015.

I don´t feel to fucking confident.

I deleted the SA article so if you have to go to the original quote to get it.

We owe much of our factored in improvements on GW to the Montreal protocol (see Dutch policy and solutions thread in P and S forum for details).

And we are over riding that with our collective actions.

We really need to do so much more.

So many people get that there is a slim chance to die and then they debate masks and blah blah but what we are doing to the next generations is so much worse. There is no immunity from global warming. At some point even hard core republicans won´t like sea front property any more. What will that do to the economy? Etc.

For many it seems abstract (tesla groupies, techno optimists) while our planet is in such a bad shape and the indicators for the near future are not hopeful.

We need to fight the climate war so much more then this but it seems that for many it is too abstract.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
I would like to say that I think Gerontocrat contribution to this forum is FUCKING BRILLIANT ! Thank you Sir .. just b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

nanning

• Nilas ice
  • 0Kg CO₂, 37 KWh/wk,125L H₂O/wk, No offspring
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 273
  • Likes Given: 23170
^^
I concur. And his (her?) character here seems both very human and rounded. And very helpful with nice sprinklings of humour.
A beautiful human imo.
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning
Why do you keep accumulating stuff?

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
It's like reading the script for the King's Speech

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

blumenkraft

You wouldn't put those words in a science paper.

Unless you are a linguist.  ;) ;D

For example, "Prosodic structure and expletive infixation"

An analysis of English Expletive Infixation (as in fan-fuckin-tastic) in terms of a metrical theory of prosody is presented. It is shown that the major environment for
Expletive Infixation-immediately before a stressed syllable-follows from independently motivated characteristics of this theory. Further support for this metrical theory is adduced from infixation in words with dactylic stress alternation and with internal stress-neutral junctures, and from the subordination of stress in forms after infixation.

Here is a nice video on expletive infixation BTW.

Let me also name associate professor Martine De Cock (University of Washington Tacoma), Dr. Gopal Chandra Shit (Jadavpur University), or Professor Reinhardt Fuck (Universidade de Brasilia) who all published scientific papers.

Just kidding, Nanning. I agree with VM, we still like you! :)

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
You have to  question why Nanning comes here to this thread when he is so offended by  bad  fucking language.

Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Robert Heinlein.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
The fucking shit-fucks are going to fucking fuck-up again. You will see that pile of turds fucking up us and life on earth big-time, "because it's the economy, stupid".

Why don't they take their faces for a shit - the utter & total fucking bunch of diseased cunts that they are.

"You've got to be reasonable", the cuntwipes say.
"Rome wasn't built in a day" from the shitheads.

It won't happen but I can dream - "Well Motherfuckers, the revolution has come, so back against the wall. You want a blindfold? Tough shit, it ain't your day, arsewipe."

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
Empirical Analysis Tells Reviewer 2: “Go F’ Yourself”
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/06/empirical-analysis-tells-reviewer-2-go-f-yourself/

Peer review is often the key hurdle between obtaining some data and getting it published in the scientific literature. As such, it's often essential to keeping questionable results out of the scientific literature. But for vast numbers of scientists with solid-but-unexciting results, it can be a hurdle that raises frustrations to thermonuclear levels. So it's no surprise that many scientists privately wish that certain reviewers would end up engaged in activities that are anatomically impossible.

In academia, it is fair to say that Reviewer 2 is the ultimate boogeyman. He is Pennywise the Clown, combined with el chupacabra, wrapped in the Blair Witch.

Scientific Peer Review

David A. M. Peterson, Dear Reviewer 2: Go F’ Yourself, Social Science Quarterly, 2020
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ssqu.12824

The objective of this study was to empirically test the wide belief that Reviewer #2 is a uniquely poor reviewer.

Results
There is no evidence that Reviewer #2 is either more negative about the manuscript or out of line with the other reviewers. There is, however, evidence that Reviewer #3 is more likely to be more than one category below the other reviewers.

Conclusions
Reviewer #2 is not the problem. Reviewer #3 is. In fact, he is such a bad actor that he even gets the unwitting Reviewer #2 blamed for his bad behavior.

blumenkraft

Interpretation of the artwork posted in the Covid thread. I can only post this here. You'll see:

The picture shows, in a setting that resembles a scene from the (awesome) TV series Chernobyl, a stinking, toxic, box that ought to be handled by our protagonist in PPE. The box is labeled '2020'.

We are the protagonist. This fucking box there, it will explode in our cute looking faces. And those guys watching it happen behind the glass, there is no escape for them either. All this radioactivity which is this shithole of a damn fucking year called 2020 will get them eventually.

That's all. Everybody enjoy the rest of your day.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
Thanks, that makes it clearer. It did look nuclear like but i have never seen the TV series.

I kind of feel like that about 2020. I wondered if i should plug for a disastrous outcome on the Arctic on one of the prediction threads just because 2020 had such talent for being a shit year.

Autumn colours are beautiful but now you look ahead in apprehension to what comes.

blumenkraft

i have never seen the TV series.

Wee, big mistake on your part. ;)  :D

I kind of feel like that about 2020. I wondered if i should plug for a disastrous outcome on the Arctic on one of the prediction threads just because 2020 had such talent for being a shit year.

Autumn colours are beautiful but now you look ahead in apprehension to what comes.

I see you absolutely get it. And i agree.

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Indeed 2020 .. you want the shitty ending ?

..  As even Phoney's Beaufort's ice drifts to oblivion the Democrat's promise such change that Trump returns triumphant on a rising tide of fear ! :) b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
Wot the fuck? This thread is not getting enough foul language. So as part of the Foul Language Deficiency Emergency Response Programme herewith I present.....

https://www.indy100.com/article/british-swear-words-ranked-ofcom-7340446
Every British swear word has been officially ranked in order of offensiveness

Mild:
Arse Bloody Bugger Cow Crap Damn Ginger Git God Goddam Jesus Christ Minger Sod-off

Medium:
Arsehole Balls Bint Bitch Bollocks Bullshit Feck Munter Pissed/pissed off Shit Son of a bitch Tits

Strong:
Bastard Beaver Beef curtains Bellend Bloodclaat Clunge Cock Dick Dickhead Fanny Flaps
Gash Knob Minge Prick Punani Pussy Snatch Twat

Strongest:
Cunt Fuck Motherfucker

blumenkraft

You are right, and i greatly appreciate your effort, Gero.

igs

Gero has the data covered and put in order as always  8) 8) 8)

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Fuck off you mother fucking cunts ! It's time for moderation ! :) just b.c.

<moderation done - BK>
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 06:06:36 PM by blumenkraft »

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
note to mods
Can you please insure that comments stay on topic.
Coming to this thread and posting without swearing is not fuckin appropriate  behavior.
Even a simple bum, pooh or wees should be inserted by our more sensitive wee flowers  to keep within the threads smeggin scope .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 05:24:54 AM by KiwiGriff »
Robert Heinlein.

blumenkraft

I was about to add some swears to your post, Griff.

Instead i'm going to say that i'm fucking sorry i didn't even give a fucking swear in my bloody post earlier.

igs

note to mods
Can you please insure that comments stay on topic.
Coming to this thread and posting without swearing is not fuckin appropriate  behavior.
Even a simple bum, pooh or wees should  inserted by our more sensitive wee flowers  to keep within the threads smeggin scope .

BULLSHIT

( hope it's naughty enough and that you liked it )  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Nothing like some bovine excrement in an effort  to stay on fuckin topic.
 ;D
Robert Heinlein.

igs

Nothing like some bovine excrement in an effort  to stay on fuckin topic.
 ;D

My dogs start to look strangly at me because of the frequent chuckle hence i'm fuckin' out a'here

8)

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 34
My top three climate change F-bombs:

#3  Jason Box's infamous 2014 tweet concerning the eventuality of a fraction of Arctic subsea carbon being released into the atmosphere. 

#2  Last May, on John Oliver, Bill Nye The Science Guy donned his safety glasses, grabbed his blowtorch and used some rather frank language.

and

#1  In another particularly tart tweet, CNN Anchor Bill Weir cuts the "willfully ignorant ****sticks" @FoxNation a new sphincter, pointing out that weather is not climate.

Now, if only James Hansen would lighten up a little....  Maybe take a laxative?  A well-placed F-bomb or two would add candor and gravitas to his work.  A sense of urgency....  It could happen.

mr. bob
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:08:24 PM by ShortBrutishNasty »
Thomas Hobbes , English philosopher 1588-1679

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
'Chush’ sobach’ya', indeed.

C'mon, we're the brightest 'sukinykh detey' on the planet. We can do better. Mix it up a little:

The next time some 'Gilipollas' calls you a 'Wáng bā dàn' turn around and mutter to yourself 'Vittu tätä paskaa'. Then clap back:

Otvali!

¡Pendejo; Vete a la chingada!

Zhri govno i zdohni!

The 'Zasranec' won't know what hit them. That will teach the 'mały skurwiel'

And don't get me started in Klingon! p'tak!

----------------------------

Extra points if you can list all the languages

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
You are just being a pizda vox.
Robert Heinlein.

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
Anything to improve the Google skills of you wanker's. ;)

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
I'm sorry, the Russians are the best at this. Nothing equals the four pillars of mat.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat_(Russian_profanity)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_jokes#Taboo_vocabulary
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 07:37:19 AM by oren »

blumenkraft

This is a Berlin police note from 1934, translates to:

Blumberg, Wilhelm, cabman, born in 1915, lives (address), for slandering the swastica flag, he said "What a cunt cloth that is." He threw the flag on the ground and said "I'm going to shit on that".

He was arrested.

The whole document can be found here >> https://imgur.com/a/A8QfGV9

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Blumenkraft you fuckin Apsie idiot get your sorry arse back on here.
Winding normies up the wrong way is just the way it is  for us
To pack a sad over some doped up normies delusions is just fucked in the helmet .
Robert Heinlein.

Villabolo

• New ice
    • View Profile
    • Global Warming Basics
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 37
Who in this forum is Cuban?

Me cago en el coño de tu madre!
In the multiversic symphony
In the place of endless possibilities
In the land of dreams we'll meet

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
Swearing Parrots Separated After Telling Folk Where to Go
https://www.theguardian.com/global/2020/sep/29/fowl-epithets-swearing-parrots-separated-after-telling-folk-where-to-go
https://www.insider.com/foul-fowl-language-2020-9

Five foul-mouthed parrots have been separated after learning to swear at a Lincolnshire zoo.

The parrots – named Billy, Elsie, Eric, Jade and Tyson – joined Lincolnshire Wildlife Park’s colony of 200 grey parrots in August. But soon after, they started encouraging each other to swear.

“We saw it very quickly – we are quite used to parrots swearing but we’ve never had five at the same time,” Steve Nichols, CEO of the wildlife park, told PA. “Most parrots clam up outside, but for some reason these five relish it.”

“People have come to us but they think it’s highly amusing, we haven’t had one complaint,” he said. “When a parrot tells you to fuck off, it amuses people very highly. It’s brought a big smile to a really hard year.”

When the birds realized staff members were laughing at their swearing, they started laughing too.

"But when you get four or five together that have learnt the swearing and naturally learnt the laughing so when one swears, one laughs and before you know it just got to be like an old working men's' club scenario where they are all just swearing and laughing," Nichols told Lincolnshire Live.

J Cartmill

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 16
Reminded me of one of my favorite jokes:

A man inherited a parrot. At first he thought this was a good thing. But the parrot would do nothing but swear. It's language could have offended hardened sailors.

On the first day the man played the parrot soothing music and put its condition down to the stress of moving.

On the second day he tried witty put downs, but the parrots language continued to get worse.

On the third day he ignored it. Nothing worked, the parrot still let forth a torrent of blue words.

On the fourth day he snapped after a particularly creative insult involving his mother, a goat and the local vicar, the man grabbed the parrot and thrust him into the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot continued unabated. Then everything went quiet. The man, worried that he had killed the parrot, took a peek into the freezer. The parrot hopped out onto his arm and was strangely silent for a minute, and then said:

"I am most terribly sorry, old chap, if I in any way offended you earlier with my choice language, it will never happen again"

The man was speechless, and looked at the bird in disbelief from its change in attitude,

The bird continued:

"By the way....could I just ask......what did the chicken do?"

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
My five moods:

I'm too old for this shit

I'm too tired for this shit

I don't get paid enough for this shite

I'm too sober for this shit

I don't have time for this shit
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

nanning

• Nilas ice
  • 0Kg CO₂, 37 KWh/wk,125L H₂O/wk, No offspring
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 273
  • Likes Given: 23170
Darn, I can't get the image of the swearing and laughing Lincolnshire zoo parrots out of my head.

Those zoo keepers are such a bunch of stupid good-for-nothing buttheads for separating the parrots.
Taken from Africa as slaves to entertain white folks, they are put in prison so that they cannot fly. Now they are forbidden to laugh at the visitors and have fun. Parrot lives matter.
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning
Why do you keep accumulating stuff?

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 430
Stay The Fuck at Home with Samuel L. Jackson (FULL VERSION, Uncensored) - YouTube

(If you don’t get the joke, look up his “Snakes on a Plane” quote.)
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
Climate change: Key UN finding widely misinterpreted

A key finding in the latest IPCC climate report has been widely misinterpreted, according to scientists involved in the study.

In the document, researchers wrote that greenhouse gases are projected to peak "at the latest before 2025".

This implies that carbon could increase for another three years and the world could still avoid dangerous warming.

But scientists say that's incorrect and that emissions need to fall immediately.

In their summary for policymakers, the scientists said it was still possible to avoid the most dangerous levels of warming by keeping the rise in global temperatures under 1.5C this century.

This will take a herculean effort, with carbon emissions needing to shrink by 43% by the end of this decade to stay under this threshold of danger.

But before they fall, emissions need to reach a peak - and it's in the text explaining this idea that the report becomes confusing.

"Global greenhouse gases are projected to peak between 2020 and at the latest by 2025, in global modelled pathways that limit warming to 1.5C," the summary states.

Most media outlets including the BBC concluded that meant emissions could rise until 2025 and the world could still stay under 1.5C.

"When you read the text as it's laid out, it does give the impression that you've got to 2025 which I think is a very unfortunate outcome," said Glen Peters, from the Centre for International Climate Research in Oslo, and an IPCC lead author.

"It's an unfortunate choice of wording. That is, unfortunately, going to potentially have some rather negative consequences."

So what went wrong?

It's partly because the climate models that scientists use to project temperatures work in five-year blocs, so 2025 follows 2020 for example, without reference to the years in between.

"Because models work on 5-year increments, we can't derive statements with higher precision," said Dr Joeri Rogelj, from Imperial College London, and an IPCC lead author.

"But when you look at the scientific data supporting this headline, it becomes immediately clear that any scenario in line with 1.5C drops emissions from 2020 to 2025. Even for scenarios that limit warming to 2C this is also the case."

Since normal scientific publication cycles just lead to this kind of nonsense and the Executive Summaries just get negotiated to death sometimes maiming paragraphs to really tortured language which make no sense on a logical scale the whole process needs some help.

So here is my draft proposal for an actual easy to understand Executive Summary.

Executive Summary new style communicating climate change in a way that you can understand without a lawyer

Dear leaders, lobbyists and FF interests, since we all have little time we go to FAQ format.

1) How long can I sell oil/gas/coal or why not forever?

Nice question. You clearly skipped the last few reports but let me help you up to speed.
We need to reduce our output now because if we don´t human society will collapse. This will also mean most of your fucking money and influence doesn´t mean jack shit.

Also you might want to google irate mobs and in the case you have a nice holiday retreat island far away from the maddening crowds then you are still not safe because when society collapses most of your crutches will collapse. I have a nice piece of unpublished science which hints at the fact that the guys with the guns might just shoot you if they don´t like you and society just collapsed (certainty beyond Godel). Or in plain terms you are fucked too.

Needs some more work but at least the language is nice and clear.  :)

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
And slightly related:

Peter Kalmus was among a group of scientists arrested last week after they chained themselves to a JPMorgan Chase building in Los Angeles in protest of the bank’s financing of fossil fuels.

A video showed the scientist breaking down in tears and pleading with people to listen to urgent climate warnings. “We’re going to lose everything,” he said. “And we’re not joking, we’re not lying, we’re not exaggerating.”

Dr Kalmus, who spoke to The Independent on his own behalf and not as an employee of Nasa, is also an author and has more than 220,000 followers on Twitter. But despite his significant platform to speak on the climate crisis, he described it as an “echo chamber”.

“I think it’s critical for the message of climate urgency to make its way out into the mainstream,” he said, in a phone interview.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/news/protest-nasa-scientist-rebellion-b2059788.html

So much people think it is not a big deal because of what they read in the press. World pledges to work together and we have net zero commitment from Ned's Burgers and every bigger company and hydrogen heaven and all fucking associated BS.

Many people are fine with where they are in the large scheme of things because if your crib is in the West you are so much better of. Yeah you work hard compared to the rest of the West for your stuff although you have no fucking clue what hard work is because you never planted a rice field by hand (i made our guide stop to watch this in Sri Lanka he really did not get why it fascinated me so much but i have never been able to take another colleague claiming to work really hard seriously after that).

In the larger scheme people tend to ignore their birth privilege.

When the Iraq wars broke out one of our teachers suddenly started asking us about how we would do if we were bombed. What would happen if we had no electricity. He was old so it was a flashback to WW2 but we would do differently because yes we rely more on freezers. Most people have no clue how to manage things the old ways because that art gets lost. Of course that has only grown worse in the last few decades.

I really don't want to know what a food crisis will do in the modern mega city.

There is a very real risk that:
“We’re going to lose everything,” he said. “And we’re not joking, we’re not lying, we’re not exaggerating.”

And that is not even mentioning how unfair it is for the kids and the grandkids even if the whole thing does not collapse.

kassy

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
Long ago i found myself next to a frogolist so i asked him the obvious frog question.
These are parts of the answer i remember it was a good party.

1 Why would a frog sit in a pan? Why would a frog stay there if there was no food etc.

2 humans do stay in the pan because they build their own. This is a metaphor but we do build a fake environment which we want to hang on to.

News these days should be new stories so things like the Canada fires get less attention despite them being huge. Maui fire aftermath does not get that much attention. Then there are some other stories no one mentions on the general news.

This year is pretty bonkers but there is always more BS to worry about. So much stuff to disagree on while it is not really important but hey it is our bucket so we bask in the nice water and disagreements.

Divide and conquer (and then rule over nothing).