Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1120030 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Re: Russia, Russia, Russia
« Reply #5050 on: September 04, 2019, 09:50:47 PM »
I've been deleting a lot of posts by Gumbercules because they only lead to nothing good, but I thought there was a very funny contradiction in two subsequent comments:

Leftists do not care about coherence. They don't care about anything but power. They resent the fact you even have the right to express your opinion. And you can feel it. They HATE you. And if we give them power they will murder you, as history proves they do.

The special prosecutor is a traitor and if there were any justice in this world he's be executed in public.

It would seem Gumbercules is a leftist.  ;D

Sorry, Gumbercules, but I just had to share this.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #5051 on: September 10, 2019, 07:19:00 AM »
I've been deleting a lot of posts by Gumbercules because they only lead to nothing good, but I thought there was a very funny contradiction in two subsequent comments:

Leftists do not care about coherence. They don't care about anything but power. They resent the fact you even have the right to express your opinion. And you can feel it. They HATE you. And if we give them power they will murder you, as history proves they do.

The special prosecutor is a traitor and if there were any justice in this world he's be executed in public.
It would seem Gumbercules is a leftist.  ;D

Sorry, Gumbercules, but I just had to share this.

And it would seem that you, Neven, are not.
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

blumenkraft

« Reply #5052 on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »
"he's be executed" << is this even correct grammar?

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5053 on: September 10, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
"he's be executed" << is this even correct grammar?

His slubberly execution killed any extant expectation of erudition. ::)
Terry

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5054 on: September 11, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
How Vladimir Putin’s Regime Uses the Climate Crisis to Get Rich
https://thewalrus.ca/corruption-how-vladimir-putin-regime-uses-the-climate-crisis-to-get-rich/
The Russian president and his business allies are exploiting the warming Arctic to amass natural resources, wealth, and power

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5055 on: September 16, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Why Russia is ambivalent about climate change
https://www.economist.com/europe/2019/09/15/why-russia-is-ambivalent-about-climate-change
Climate focus: Global warming is not all bad, some Russians unfortunately reckon

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #5056 on: September 16, 2019, 06:29:53 PM »
Russia hacked the FBI to prevent the bureau from being able to track Russian spies in the US
https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-hacked-fbi-to-prevent-tracking-russian-spies-us-report-2019-9

- The move enabled the Russians to evade being surveilled and to communicate with human sources. It also gave them the opportunity to collect information about their pursuers. And it reportedly prompted concerns among officials that there was a Russian asset within the US intelligence community.

- Yahoo News reported that Russia's hack of the FBI's communication systems was a key reason why former President Barack Obama's administration kicked out 35 Russian diplomats and shuttered two Russian diplomatic facilities in December 2016.

- Russia and the US have ramped up their counterintelligence and cybersecurity operations against one another in recent years and tensions between the two countries continue to mount.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #5057 on: September 29, 2019, 06:41:31 AM »
Did I say "information warfare" somewhere on this thread?
(Here is some engineering quality manager's delight: A Soviet system switchboard, with a ladder ready-to-hand (*), in a Ukrainian power station hacked by Russians. Much safer than American power stations (apropos Rachel Maddow being hysterical hahaaaaaaaaaaahahaha... :) ))
(Plus, some paradigmatic specimens of hackerz (autism spectrum, psychopathy, ?)...)
{ca. 35m}

Possibly the first instance when I turned down YouTube playback speed. And it was for Putin (1h16m ff. standing next to a grinning Macron) pondering cyberspace and the atom bomb.

This one is in German, but there's also a French version somewhere.

{Should be cross-posted in the "Examples of ... Journalism" thread here, which I promise to not touch.}

---------------------------
(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heideggerian_terminology#Ready-to-hand
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:22:06 AM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 01, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
So, (e.g. video above) Ukraine is a nexus in the Russiagate complex - in several respects. You have to go back to Hitler and Stalin to get the full Ukraine picture (plus, study chernozem soil). But for this very moment, Rachel Maddow's latest summa is good enough:

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5059 on: October 19, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
Johnstone on Hilary attacking Tulsi:

"One doesn’t have to actually have any formal relationship with the Kremlin to be a Kremlin asset. One doesn’t have to know they’re a Kremlin asset to be a Kremlin asset. The Kremlin doesn’t even need to know one is a Kremlin asset for them to be a Kremlin asset. Nothing has to have happened except the accusation of being a Kremlin asset."

"does the Kremlin’s bidding without realizing it by sharing ideas and information which the Russian government agrees with. Which is just another way of saying that they hold positions which diverge from the microscopic Overton window of establishment-authorized opinion"

"it is now literally impossible for an American political figure to vocally oppose US warmongering without being labeled a Russian asset."

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/10/19/russian-asset-is-a-meaningless-noise-war-pigs-make-with-their-face-holes/

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: October 21, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
^^
Does this mean that Bolton, McCain, and Hillary are to be regarded as Kremlin liabilities? Shouldn't we also consider them all as part and parcel of the MIC that Ike warned us of so many decades ago?

In this particular instance, I like Ike.
Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: October 22, 2019, 07:04:54 AM »
Hillary made this statement :

“I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve [Russia] got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,” and
“She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.

in a transparent reference to Tulsi Gabbard.

Tulsi has been treated favorably by the Russian state press RT and Sputnik and by Fox News too, where she frequently appears on the Tucker Carlson show.

So there is some truth to these 'favorite of the Russians' and 'grooming' and 'eye on somebody' remarks.

But we'll see. If Tulsi runs as a third party candidate, Clinton's remarks would prove to be quite prophetic.
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5062 on: October 22, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
Nice McCarthyite smearing of a veteran with an anti-war message. Which psychopath will you be quoting next?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5063 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
Wait, going to Iraq to kill people is considered good now?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5064 on: October 22, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
Wait, going to Iraq to kill people is considered good now?

First of all, you're distracting from what we're talking about here. But I guess it's on-topic, because Russia is the number one distraction.

Second, it's better than being buddies with Trump, right? Because he's like the worst fascist since Adolf Hitler, if I'm to believe the mainstream media.

Third, Tulsi Gabbard never went to Iraq to kill people (she was a medic). But even if she did, she was sent there (by warmongers like GWB and Hillary Clinton), just like many other brainwashed, young people. And while there, she came to the realisation that regime-change wars are terrible and terribly stupid, which is one of the reasons she went into politics.

Fourth, whatever our stance as Europeans on American militarism, Rob Dekker lives in the US, and in the US it is not done to speak ill of veterans. Remember when Trump went after that Gold Star family? But I guess it's okay to imply or outright state that a veteran and sitting congresswoman is a Russian asset or agent even, just because she doesn't parrot your neoliberal, neocon, warmongering narrative.

Fifth, accepting smears of people with an anti-war stance (which you seem to do), paves the way for further smearing and distracting from the real issues. They did it to Bernie too, and they'll do it again really soon. Don't let yourself be manipulated this easily.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #5065 on: October 22, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
Second, it's better than being buddies with Trump, right?

Actually, no. Killing people is worse than attending a wedding. I can't believe that i have to state the obvious.

Third, Tulsi Gabbard never went to Iraq to kill people (she was a medic).

OK, i didn't know that. That's a plus for her i guess.

But even if she did, she was sent there (by warmongers like GWB and Hillary Clinton), just like many other brainwashed, young people.

Imagine there is war and no one is going...

I don't know who i despise more, the warmongering leaders who send people to kill, or the people following those warmongerers to kill people. In the end, they are both making war.

And while there, she came to the realisation that regime-change wars are terrible and terribly stupid, which is one of the reasons she went into politics.

Then why is she looking away when it comes to Kashmere? Why is the warmongering Modi not a problem in this logic?

Fourth, whatever our stance as Europeans on American militarism, Rob Dekker lives in the US, and in the US it is not done to speak ill of veterans.

That's correct. It doesn't make it right though!

Every soldier is a potential murderer. I prefer a world with fewer murderers.

Remember when Trump went after that Gold Star family? But I guess it's okay to imply or outright state that a veteran and sitting congresswoman is a Russian asset or agent even, just because she doesn't parrot your neoliberal, neocon, warmongering narrative.

I don't attack her on that ground. My arguments are valid. Read back if you don't believe it!

Fifth, accepting smears of people with an anti-war stance (which you seem to do), paves the way for further smearing and distracting from the real issues. They did it to Bernie too, and they'll do it again really soon. Don't let yourself be manipulated this easily.

I did nothing of sort.

I will continue to use valid arguments even if they were spoken out by a right-winger before. The validity of an argument is not dependent on how is using it.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: October 22, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
Taibbi at rollingstone: Everyone is foreign scum

"Hillary Clinton is nuts. She’s also not far from the Democratic Party mainstream, which has been pushing the same line for years."

"An MSNBC panel noted, in apparent seriousness, that Gabbard “never denied being a Russian asset.” "

"Everyone is foreign scum these days."

"that’s pretty much the whole spectrum of American political thought, excepting MSNBC Democrats. What a coincidence! "

"Democrats now are assuming the role once played by Republicans of the Tom Delay era, who denounced everyone opposed to the War on Terror as “Saddam-lovers.” "

"The #Resistance has come up with all sorts of words for such fifth-columnists and deviationists: they are “false-balancers” or “false equivalencers,” “neo-Naderites,” “purity-testers,” “both-sidesists,” “whataboutists,” “horseshoe theorists,” “Russia skeptics” or “Russia denialists,” and “anti-anti-Trumpers.”  "

“All roads lead to Putin.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/clinton-gabbard-russian-asset-jill-stein-901593/

sidd

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5067 on: October 22, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 22, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »
Sounds like a little McCarthyism sneaking back into Democratic politics. Does anyone have a list of all of the "Putin Assets" running for election? Anyone ready for sworn Loyalty Oaths?
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5069 on: October 22, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
The Clintons are Russian assets, FCS. They're assets of any country that has oligarchs.

Russia is not our enemy, concentrated wealth is. Tensions between the US and Russia need to be reduced as fast as possible, so they can start to work together to solve planetary crises. And Russia really needs help with their dependence on fossil fuels.

It's as simple as that, unless you're not taking AGW seriously and are only intent on wasting time.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: October 22, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »
^^
Ramen!

All I'd add is that China needs to be seen as part of the solution.
We're going to play cold war games until it gets too hot to continue the farce.
Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: November 04, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »
A Scottish investigation finds that the Integrity Initiative, a program under the Institute for Statecraft running as a Scottish Charity provided 'no public benefit' in it's campaign to counter supposed Russian disinformation by publishing Anti-Russian disinformation.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/

(The comments are interesting)

It's a step in the right direction, a small step admittedly, but it us in the right direction.
Terry

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: November 22, 2019, 12:23:53 AM »
And Russia really needs help with their dependence on fossil fuels.
Last time they asked for help was Exxon/Tillerson to help them drill the Arctic. :)
Akmost the whole Russian economy is built on business that has no future. Putin and friends are stuck in industry of the past on which they had built their fortune and power. Good luck helping them out of that hole. Like, helping the Saudi out of their oil money addiction?

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5073 on: November 22, 2019, 12:55:12 AM »
Akmost the whole Russian economy

Almost

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: November 22, 2019, 06:41:30 AM »

Almost
Almost?

Has the percentage of Russian fuel exports in the Russian GDP been increasing or decreasing? Is energy an increasing percentage of Russian trade?
Not a trick question, but possibly a tricky question.
I know Russia is now the world's leading exporter of wheat, and that their arms sales (especially of defensive missile systems) have been expanding rapidly.  I understand that Siberian factories are now manufacturing for the Chinese market and that the deflated Ruble has increased Russian penetration in other markets, but their gas exports to China and Europe have also expanded, with big increases to both markets expected on the near horizon.

The sanctions have served to bring a lot of production home & that's hard to put into the mix. Where once energy was exported to pay for finished goods from another country, today the same energy may be used in Russia for manufacturing a similar product, now made in country for domestic consumption.
Statistics from before the sanctions need to be massaged before they can be compared to today's numbers. Knowing just how to do so accurately is well beyond my paygrade.

Russia's gold reserves have grown far more rapidly than any other nations & her foreign reserves put her close to the top among competing nations. The lopsided balance of trade advantages since sanctions and the devaluation of her currency have made the Russian Federation an economic powerhouse. If viewing Russia as "a service station masquerading as a country" was accurate when McCain uttered the phrase, it's certainly not accurate now.

The drastically lower Ruble has discouraged Russians from buying abroad, and has skewed her GDP when measured in American Dollars, but the buying power of the Russian people has never been higher. There is little comparison with Saudi Arabia. They truly are a one trick pony dependent on a single asset. (and that's being drained, rather than 'stranded')

Terry

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: November 22, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »

Almost
Almost?

Has the percentage of Russian fuel exports in the Russian GDP been increasing or decreasing?
I found data from 2013 and 2015 from different sources - not enough to see a trend:

Wikipedia: "In 2015, Russia main exports are oil and natural gas (62.8% of total exports), ores and metals (5.9%), chemical products (5.8%), machinery and transport equipment (5.4%) and food (4.7%). Others include: agricultural raw materials (2.2%) and textiles (0.2%).[181]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Russia#External_trade_and_investment

U.S. EIA: "Oil and natural gas sales accounted for 68% of Russia’s total export revenues in 2013"
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=17231

Recent charts of oil and gas output here:
The Moscow Times 2019: "Russian Oil and Gas Output Continues Rising Despite Setbacks"
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/08/07/russian-oil-and-gas-output-continues-rising-despite-setbacks-a66739

---------------
I know Russia is now the world's leading exporter of wheat,
According to wikipedia (loc.lincum) agriculture is 4.7% of Russian GDP. Doesn't sound that much, but I recall their dent on the world market being a factor in the Arab Spring 2010/11.

Methinks the rich soil of Ukraine (not just Stalin's industrial heartland) is a major factor in Russian geostrategic thinking /paranoia. Not much new since Hitler vs. Stalin, except new theater furniture...

If viewing Russia as "a service station masquerading as a country" was accurate when McCain uttered the phrase, it's certainly not accurate now.
The late McCain channeling the late Heidegger's gas station? :)  (*)
But yes, methinks that's almost the picture.

Then, of course, Russia has excellent engineers. (I've met some at work, my favorite co-workers, incl. contacts with a Russian software company from Samara. Elderly Russian engineers can build a computer out of shoe strings. (Actually it was a meta-OO plain-SQL DB scheme with less than 20 tables...))

My impression is, Putin has mostly bet on the "gas station" aspect when shaping his Russian economy. And that's also where his oiligarchs made their money. High tech seemed not that important to him.

Case in point: Arctic oil drilling. They needed tech help from outside. Despite the mega engineering brilliance and effectiveness that Russia (as a culture) can muster, their (Putin's) oil rigs seem outdated and crumbling. (As often happens with state owned infrastructure. Here they haven't learned from Soviet experience. See also: Venezuela.)

--------------------
(*) Heidegger ca. 1959 in Gelassenheit. Something in English: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=960134

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5076 on: November 25, 2019, 01:21:03 PM »
Conflict or cooperation? What is best to solve AGW? And what is best for o(i)ligarchs, wherever they may live? And when I say o(i)ligarchs, I, of course, mean concentrated wealth. The rich are not the problem, their wealth is.

Russia is not our enemy, concentrated wealth is. Tensions between the US and Russia need to be reduced as fast as possible, so they can start to work together to solve planetary crises. And Russia really needs help with their dependence on fossil fuels.

It's as simple as that, unless you're not taking AGW seriously and are only intent on wasting time.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: November 25, 2019, 01:54:51 PM »
Conflict or cooperation? What is best to solve AGW? And what is best for o(i)ligarchs, wherever they may live? And when I say o(i)ligarchs, I, of course, mean concentrated wealth. The rich are not the problem, their wealth is.
<snipped>
Cooperation NOW is imperative. Conflict wastes too many funds that will otherwise be used , by both sides, to wind down the production and use of GHG emitting fossil fuels while still being able to provide for the needs of the citizenry.
If conflict drives the wealthiest nations of the world into 2, 3, or 4 competing camps a great deal of that competition will be in the production of fossil fuels.

The above doesn't address the total cluster screwing that even small hot wars add to the mix. And all out Thermal Nuclear conflict may save whatever minerals that remain from global warming, but there won't be any cognisant creatures to appreciate the reprieve. :'(
Terry

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: November 25, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
Non-cooperation is also imperative. Thou shalt not cooperate with TrumPuTillerson fossils. (Given the will to survive decently as a species.)

philopek

« Reply #5079 on: November 25, 2019, 07:44:20 PM »
In self defense best practice would be to play dumb and pretend to cooperate and wait for the right moment to get rid of them.

Genuine cooperation with predators is suicide and fighing them as long as they are in a strong position is unwise.

People should be smart, not blunt and then the risk is that the idealistic illusionist think one belongs to them and is kissing their ass. That's a risk that is way smaller than the alternatives and anyways human-kind should learn to do less, the good and the bad, only to please others.

We should learn to think ethical and do what we believe is right because it'r right, not because we get bashed or earn disrespect otherwise or because we feel lonely, out of fear not to belong.

The herd of sheep running over the cliff following their leader is an old analogy that still is in full effect while openly refusing to run can be punished by the herd as well, hence it's important to run in the last row, watch them falling and make u turn just in time.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: December 07, 2019, 05:19:51 AM »
Malcolm Nance sums it up again. He already said it in 2016 before Trump got elected. Excellent interviewer.

(Choice answer: No, the Pee Pee Tape is not real.)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5081 on: December 08, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »
How you can fall for this dumb shit is beyond me, Martin. That Malcolm Nance is such a money-grabbing, fear-mongering, spook idiot. Just google his name + Russiagate.

Please, don't post this kind of stuff anymore. It's just too transparently stupid.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: December 10, 2019, 01:05:27 AM »
Just google his name + Russiagate.
Sure the guy sounds a bit too American for non-Americans :)
No need to google. I first heard from Nance shortly after I started wondering independently (probing the Fakebook universe) what is going on, before the election of Trump. There were weirder Russiagaters. Most of Nance's stuff turned out right. That's my criterion.  Maybe too simple?  You just need to google me one serious example of error, and I drop Nance from the "serious analysts" shelf.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5083 on: December 17, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »
It's going to be so interesting to see how Russiagate will be perceived in the future. These guys totally get it:

Taibbi at the very end:

It's a disaster, because if they had just not done this [ie Russiagate; N.] and argued against Trump's presidency on other grounds, you know, on 'how is America doing', inequality, all of those things, it would've been tough on him. But now they've handed him an issue, a couple of issues, huge ones, that he'll be able to carry all the way to the finish line, without having to delve into anything. It's amazing that they did this.

I believe they did it on purpose to distract from the real issues. Because if people would talk about the real issues, Sanders would be elected by a landslide. And that's what nobody in Washington wants, as almost everybody in Washington represents the establishment, the oligarchs, concentrated wealth. So, the main reason for Russiagate, all of the hyperbole and propaganda, has been - and still is - to keep (real) progressive politicians from getting a foothold.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 11:07:57 PM by Neven »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Hefaistos

« Reply #5084 on: December 18, 2019, 09:31:17 AM »
As we have discussed Browder at some length in this thread, it is interesting to see how Der Spiegel blows the fake story that Browder invented about Magnitsky.
Der Spiegel is one of Germanys leading newspapers and has the highest journalistic standards. Browder now screams to the high skies and tries to complain to the newspaper and also to higher bodies, to no avail:
"Der Spiegel, one of Germany’s major news media outlets, is refusing to be intimidated. In a lengthy piece dealing with the incident, it brushed off the investor’s complaints as having “no basis.” The weekly once again went through each and every detail of its original report, providing further evidence supporting its conclusions, including the transcripts of various documents it relied upon."

They call Browder a 'fraudster'.

https://www.rt.com/news/476138-spiegel-browder-magnitsky-inconsistencies-story/

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: December 19, 2019, 09:21:26 AM »
They call Browder a 'fraudster'.

https://www.rt.com/news/476138-spiegel-browder-magnitsky-inconsistencies-story/

RT does. And the Russian state tried real hard to arrest Browder.

But I don't see that Der Spiegel calls Browder a 'fraudster'.

Where did you find that ?
Let's not waste either.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 20, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »
<No smearing of independent journalists Maté and Taibbi on this forum, thanks; N.>
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:11:41 AM by Neven »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: December 21, 2019, 02:07:46 AM »

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: December 25, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »
<No one-sided, contextless, establishment propaganda, thanks. And also think of the people in Syria being bombed, raped and sold by freedom fighters moderate rebels fundamentalist terrorists, sponsored by Rob's taxes; N.>

[edit] OK, then look at this picture :
https://twitter.com/QalaatAlMudiq/status/1209568260338978818
You think all these Syrians are just fleeing "contextless establishment propaganda" ?

[edit] And I wasn't aware that my US tax dollars fund "fundamentalist terrorists" who "bomb, rape and sell" people in Syria. So I would appreciate it if Neven would provide some evidence for such grave allegations.

Merry Christmas everyone, and please think of the people in Syria being bombed by Assad and Russia today.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 11:32:57 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 26, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »
^^
I wonder who originally recruited those being bombed in Syria. What country were they originally from, who armed them, trained them, and who paid to send them to fight in Syria?

Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: January 20, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
<snip, this needs to go into the US intervention thread, I've moved it there; N.>
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 12:46:52 PM by Neven »
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: January 21, 2020, 02:13:19 AM »
Re: "Who armed them, trained them, and who paid "

Look for Hersh article on "Red Line and Rat Line" and subsequent publications.

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: January 22, 2020, 09:50:34 PM »
My response was meant to be rhetorical in nature.

If there are still questions regarding who holds the purse strings, ask who puts out milk to feed the Braying BellingCat, whose howlings disrupt the neighborhood whenever Higgins comes in heat.

Terry

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: January 23, 2020, 12:42:14 AM »
Bellingcat funding: usual suspects

NED, OSF, and a rag, tag and bobtail of empire apologists.

Wikipedia:
Porticus, Adessium, The National Endowment for Democracy, Pax For Peace, Open Society Foundation and the The Dutch Postcode Lottery.They have previously received grants from Digital News Initiative and Porticus

Craig Murray and others have more.

sidd

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: February 26, 2020, 08:01:01 AM »
Warning: satire

Russia quits: election too chaotic to influence

“It seems like if we tried to add any more chaos, it would just be a drop in the ocean.”

" I feel like I’m trying to smash things with a sledgehammer while a tornado is around me ripping up buildings."

“In our wildest ambitions, we never would have tried to get a straight out Communist to win the nomination in a major U.S. party,”

"Putin hung his head sadly"

“It’s like people don’t even need a Russia anymore.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/russians-decide-election-too-chaotic-for-them-to-successfully-interfere

sidd

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5095 on: March 19, 2020, 11:37:58 PM »
I know COVID-19 is the only thing in the world right now, so this one is for history:

The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: March 20, 2020, 12:58:37 AM »
^^
Thanks for the video as a reminder that we were right all along.
I fought some long and draining battles trying to explain that it wasn't just factually wrong, but that the Russian B.S. would hurt our chances in November.

I haven't been following the political side since Tulsi was sidelined and then Bernie was bulldozed. It sounds as though Bernie OK'd polling place voting even after the WHO and the CDC recommended against it.
Some of his strongest supporters are dismayed.

Where do we find a peace candidate that's for a rational health care system and understands the danger of AGW? How soft will his clay feet prove to be?

I can't bring myself to support Biden.
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5097 on: May 18, 2020, 11:03:46 PM »
For people interested in history:

Maté:

I know there's a progressive audience watching this, so what I hope is that anyone who got duped into believing Russiagate... And I get why because we were presented overwhelmingly with one narrative. But I hope there can be some reflection on, you know, next time not going along with narratives that are ultimately aimed at destroying the progressive cause.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:19:18 PM by Neven »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5098 on: June 17, 2020, 08:50:35 AM »
It seems the BBC has produced a nice piece of propaganda on one of 2018's hypes: the Skripal poisoning.

Craig Murray shreds the first two episodes to pieces:

Putin's gonna get me

The miracle of Salisbury

This is such an amazing story full of lies and implausibility. I wonder if we will ever hear the truth.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #5099 on: June 17, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
do you think the Russians will ever tell it ? b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .