Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Russia, Russia, Russia  (Read 441408 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 719
  • Likes Given: 472
Re: Russia, Russia, Russia
« Reply #5050 on: September 04, 2019, 09:50:47 PM »
I've been deleting a lot of posts by Gumbercules because they only lead to nothing good, but I thought there was a very funny contradiction in two subsequent comments:

Leftists do not care about coherence. They don't care about anything but power. They resent the fact you even have the right to express your opinion. And you can feel it. They HATE you. And if we give them power they will murder you, as history proves they do.

The special prosecutor is a traitor and if there were any justice in this world he's be executed in public.

It would seem Gumbercules is a leftist.  ;D

Sorry, Gumbercules, but I just had to share this.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #5051 on: September 10, 2019, 07:19:00 AM »
I've been deleting a lot of posts by Gumbercules because they only lead to nothing good, but I thought there was a very funny contradiction in two subsequent comments:

Leftists do not care about coherence. They don't care about anything but power. They resent the fact you even have the right to express your opinion. And you can feel it. They HATE you. And if we give them power they will murder you, as history proves they do.

The special prosecutor is a traitor and if there were any justice in this world he's be executed in public.
It would seem Gumbercules is a leftist.  ;D

Sorry, Gumbercules, but I just had to share this.

And it would seem that you, Neven, are not.
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
  • Fans of Hans Club - circa 2018
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 610
  • Likes Given: 858
« Reply #5052 on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:21 AM »
"he's be executed" << is this even correct grammar?
Refugees welcome

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 461
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5053 on: September 10, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
"he's be executed" << is this even correct grammar?

His slubberly execution killed any extant expectation of erudition. ::)
Terry

Tom_Mazanec

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 347
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #5054 on: September 11, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
How Vladimir Putin’s Regime Uses the Climate Crisis to Get Rich
https://thewalrus.ca/corruption-how-vladimir-putin-regime-uses-the-climate-crisis-to-get-rich/
The Russian president and his business allies are exploiting the warming Arctic to amass natural resources, wealth, and power
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Tom_Mazanec

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 347
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #5055 on: September 16, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Why Russia is ambivalent about climate change
https://www.economist.com/europe/2019/09/15/why-russia-is-ambivalent-about-climate-change
Climate focus: Global warming is not all bad, some Russians unfortunately reckon
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

vox_mundi

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 657
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #5056 on: September 16, 2019, 06:29:53 PM »
Russia hacked the FBI to prevent the bureau from being able to track Russian spies in the US
https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-hacked-fbi-to-prevent-tracking-russian-spies-us-report-2019-9

- The move enabled the Russians to evade being surveilled and to communicate with human sources. It also gave them the opportunity to collect information about their pursuers. And it reportedly prompted concerns among officials that there was a Russian asset within the US intelligence community.

- Yahoo News reported that Russia's hack of the FBI's communication systems was a key reason why former President Barack Obama's administration kicked out 35 Russian diplomats and shuttered two Russian diplomatic facilities in December 2016.

- Russia and the US have ramped up their counterintelligence and cybersecurity operations against one another in recent years and tensions between the two countries continue to mount.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Florifulgurator

• New ice
  • Virtual world alter ego of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5057 on: September 29, 2019, 06:41:31 AM »
Did I say "information warfare" somewhere on this thread?
(Here is some engineering quality manager's delight: A Soviet system switchboard, with a ladder ready-to-hand (*), in a Ukrainian power station hacked by Russians. Much safer than American power stations (apropos Rachel Maddow being hysterical hahaaaaaaaaaaahahaha... :) ))
(Plus, some paradigmatic specimens of hackerz (autism spectrum, psychopathy, ?)...)
{ca. 35m}

Possibly the first instance when I turned down YouTube playback speed. And it was for Putin (1h16m ff. standing next to a grinning Macron) pondering cyberspace and the atom bomb.

This one is in German, but there's also a French version somewhere.

{Should be cross-posted in the "Examples of ... Journalism" thread here, which I promise to not touch.}

---------------------------
(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heideggerian_terminology#Ready-to-hand
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:22:06 AM by Florifulgurator »

Florifulgurator

• New ice
  • Virtual world alter ego of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5058 on: October 01, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
So, (e.g. video above) Ukraine is a nexus in the Russiagate complex - in several respects. You have to go back to Hitler and Stalin to get the full Ukraine picture (plus, study chernozem soil). But for this very moment, Rachel Maddow's latest summa is good enough:

sidd

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 355
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5059 on: October 19, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
Johnstone on Hilary attacking Tulsi:

"One doesn’t have to actually have any formal relationship with the Kremlin to be a Kremlin asset. One doesn’t have to know they’re a Kremlin asset to be a Kremlin asset. The Kremlin doesn’t even need to know one is a Kremlin asset for them to be a Kremlin asset. Nothing has to have happened except the accusation of being a Kremlin asset."

"does the Kremlin’s bidding without realizing it by sharing ideas and information which the Russian government agrees with. Which is just another way of saying that they hold positions which diverge from the microscopic Overton window of establishment-authorized opinion"

"it is now literally impossible for an American political figure to vocally oppose US warmongering without being labeled a Russian asset."

https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/10/19/russian-asset-is-a-meaningless-noise-war-pigs-make-with-their-face-holes/

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: October 21, 2019, 09:47:36 PM »
^^
Does this mean that Bolton, McCain, and Hillary are to be regarded as Kremlin liabilities? Shouldn't we also consider them all as part and parcel of the MIC that Ike warned us of so many decades ago?

In this particular instance, I like Ike.
Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 101
  • Likes Given: 112
« Reply #5061 on: October 22, 2019, 07:04:54 AM »
Hillary made this statement :

“I’m not making any predictions, but I think they’ve [Russia] got their eye on somebody who is currently in the Democratic primary and are grooming her to be the third-party candidate,” and
“She’s the favorite of the Russians. They have a bunch of sites and bots and other ways of supporting her so far.

in a transparent reference to Tulsi Gabbard.

Tulsi has been treated favorably by the Russian state press RT and Sputnik and by Fox News too, where she frequently appears on the Tucker Carlson show.

So there is some truth to these 'favorite of the Russians' and 'grooming' and 'eye on somebody' remarks.

But we'll see. If Tulsi runs as a third party candidate, Clinton's remarks would prove to be quite prophetic.
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5062 on: October 22, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »
Nice McCarthyite smearing of a veteran with an anti-war message. Which psychopath will you be quoting next?

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: October 22, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
Wait, going to Iraq to kill people is considered good now?
Refugees welcome

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5064 on: October 22, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
Wait, going to Iraq to kill people is considered good now?

First of all, you're distracting from what we're talking about here. But I guess it's on-topic, because Russia is the number one distraction.

Second, it's better than being buddies with Trump, right? Because he's like the worst fascist since Adolf Hitler, if I'm to believe the mainstream media.

Third, Tulsi Gabbard never went to Iraq to kill people (she was a medic). But even if she did, she was sent there (by warmongers like GWB and Hillary Clinton), just like many other brainwashed, young people. And while there, she came to the realisation that regime-change wars are terrible and terribly stupid, which is one of the reasons she went into politics.

Fourth, whatever our stance as Europeans on American militarism, Rob Dekker lives in the US, and in the US it is not done to speak ill of veterans. Remember when Trump went after that Gold Star family? But I guess it's okay to imply or outright state that a veteran and sitting congresswoman is a Russian asset or agent even, just because she doesn't parrot your neoliberal, neocon, warmongering narrative.

Fifth, accepting smears of people with an anti-war stance (which you seem to do), paves the way for further smearing and distracting from the real issues. They did it to Bernie too, and they'll do it again really soon. Don't let yourself be manipulated this easily.

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: October 22, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
Second, it's better than being buddies with Trump, right?

Actually, no. Killing people is worse than attending a wedding. I can't believe that i have to state the obvious.

Third, Tulsi Gabbard never went to Iraq to kill people (she was a medic).

OK, i didn't know that. That's a plus for her i guess.

But even if she did, she was sent there (by warmongers like GWB and Hillary Clinton), just like many other brainwashed, young people.

Imagine there is war and no one is going...

I don't know who i despise more, the warmongering leaders who send people to kill, or the people following those warmongerers to kill people. In the end, they are both making war.

And while there, she came to the realisation that regime-change wars are terrible and terribly stupid, which is one of the reasons she went into politics.

Then why is she looking away when it comes to Kashmere? Why is the warmongering Modi not a problem in this logic?

Fourth, whatever our stance as Europeans on American militarism, Rob Dekker lives in the US, and in the US it is not done to speak ill of veterans.

That's correct. It doesn't make it right though!

Every soldier is a potential murderer. I prefer a world with fewer murderers.

Remember when Trump went after that Gold Star family? But I guess it's okay to imply or outright state that a veteran and sitting congresswoman is a Russian asset or agent even, just because she doesn't parrot your neoliberal, neocon, warmongering narrative.

I don't attack her on that ground. My arguments are valid. Read back if you don't believe it!

Fifth, accepting smears of people with an anti-war stance (which you seem to do), paves the way for further smearing and distracting from the real issues. They did it to Bernie too, and they'll do it again really soon. Don't let yourself be manipulated this easily.

I did nothing of sort.

I will continue to use valid arguments even if they were spoken out by a right-winger before. The validity of an argument is not dependent on how is using it.
Refugees welcome

sidd

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 355
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5066 on: October 22, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
Taibbi at rollingstone: Everyone is foreign scum

"Hillary Clinton is nuts. She’s also not far from the Democratic Party mainstream, which has been pushing the same line for years."

"An MSNBC panel noted, in apparent seriousness, that Gabbard “never denied being a Russian asset.” "

"Everyone is foreign scum these days."

"that’s pretty much the whole spectrum of American political thought, excepting MSNBC Democrats. What a coincidence! "

"Democrats now are assuming the role once played by Republicans of the Tom Delay era, who denounced everyone opposed to the War on Terror as “Saddam-lovers.” "

"The #Resistance has come up with all sorts of words for such fifth-columnists and deviationists: they are “false-balancers” or “false equivalencers,” “neo-Naderites,” “purity-testers,” “both-sidesists,” “whataboutists,” “horseshoe theorists,” “Russia skeptics” or “Russia denialists,” and “anti-anti-Trumpers.”  "

“All roads lead to Putin.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/clinton-gabbard-russian-asset-jill-stein-901593/

sidd

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5067 on: October 22, 2019, 11:26:16 PM »

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 22, 2019, 11:36:07 PM »
Sounds like a little McCarthyism sneaking back into Democratic politics. Does anyone have a list of all of the "Putin Assets" running for election? Anyone ready for sworn Loyalty Oaths?
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5069 on: October 22, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
The Clintons are Russian assets, FCS. They're assets of any country that has oligarchs.

Russia is not our enemy, concentrated wealth is. Tensions between the US and Russia need to be reduced as fast as possible, so they can start to work together to solve planetary crises. And Russia really needs help with their dependence on fossil fuels.

It's as simple as that, unless you're not taking AGW seriously and are only intent on wasting time.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: October 22, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »
^^
Ramen!

All I'd add is that China needs to be seen as part of the solution.
We're going to play cold war games until it gets too hot to continue the farce.
Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: November 04, 2019, 11:00:37 PM »
A Scottish investigation finds that the Integrity Initiative, a program under the Institute for Statecraft running as a Scottish Charity provided 'no public benefit' in it's campaign to counter supposed Russian disinformation by publishing Anti-Russian disinformation.

https://www.moonofalabama.org/

(The comments are interesting)

It's a step in the right direction, a small step admittedly, but it us in the right direction.
Terry