Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1120290 times)

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Russiagate
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2017, 06:13:57 PM »
But, Jim, almost all the attention goes out to this Trump-Russia-thing. To me and my limited perspective here in Europe with almost only the ASIF and Youtube as my resources, it looks as if this is all-consuming, feeding on itself, especially on Democrat websites.

I haven't found that to be the case (though, obviously, YMMV). As a for-instance, I'm looking right now at the home page of a popular progressive website, DailyKos. At this moment--11:48AM EDT--here are in order the subjects of the major articles on the front page, the ones placed there for prominence:

--The Ossoff/Handel runoff in the Georgia 6th, and Handel's attempts to cover up her past;

--A NYPD officer and US Army Major who was detained at JFK for several hours for the crime of having a Muslim name;

--The side effects of a Trump hiring freeze that is leaving vacant hundreds of public health jobs;

--Paid family leave polices under Trump and how they're detrimental to low-wage workers;

--Trump's hypocrisy vis-a-vis the First Lady's failure to cover her hair when meeting the Saudis;

--The GOP's ongoing voting rights suppression efforts in North Carolina;

--A roundup of various inside- and outside-the-beltway pundits covering multiple subjects;

--The idiocy of choosing Joe Lieberman to head the FBI;

--How some of Trump's aides are beginning to feel buyer's remorse;

--Fox News' pathological avoidance of any Trump scandal;

--Nevada's outlawing of 'ex-gay therapy' for teens;

--Leaks in the White House

And that's it. Twelve featured articles, with none specifically about Russia and the mounting evidence against Trump. In fact, only two of the 12 are directly about Trump at all; the rest are about policy. Again, this is just a snapshot on this Saturday morning--but this particular Democratic website can hardly be accused of being "all-consumed" or "feeding on itself" about 'Russiagate'.

Of course, some broadcast programs, ever-responsive to viewer demands, can spend 80%-90% of their recent time on Russiagate. And there are certainly left-leaning sites devoting most of their column-inches to this. But, really, why shouldn't they? It's the largest story going right now, and arguably the most important story in American politics since, maybe, ever.

We have a President and staff who very likely worked with a foreign government to help them subvert democracy and get elected. We have that same President and staff admitting on record that they are illegally trying to quash any investigation into that.

That's unacceptable, and must be looked into.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2268
  • Likes Given: 286
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2017, 06:41:15 PM »
Since impeachment is a political process, here is an article entitled: “Analysis | 5 questions Congress needs to answer about Trump and Russia”, which discusses political issues that Congress can address in order to help America face this matter:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-5-questions-congress-needs-to-answer-about-trump-and-russia/ar-BBBkgbN

Extract: “Believe it or not, Congress can help contextualize this. Its main function is to oversee the federal government, which means lawmakers are in a position to get clarity from the executive branch that can help the rest of us better understand what's really happening to the Trump administration right now. Here are five questions Congress can — and should — answer about Trump and Russia:”
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
Good points, Jim, as usual.

There is very little on Russiagate at the Truthout site as well.
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2017, 07:08:36 PM »
Thanks, guys. Like I said, this forum and YouTube are my main sources of information, so that skews my perspective.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2017, 08:01:04 PM »
Sorry for not linking the Truthout site.

https://www.google.com/search?q=truthout&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I too have found that pretty much anything on TV news is pretty much crap these days. Fox, though, has the distinction of being even worse than all the other worthless TV news, which is quite an achievement in itself, I suppose!  ::)

This Guardian piece seems to support some of what you've been trying to get across, I think, Neven: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/19/trump-russia-the-promise-scandal-proof

Trump diehards dismiss Russia scandal: 'Show me the proof – or get off his case'

The latest controversy to hit the White House has rocked Washington – but Trump voters in this once-Democratic stronghold are standing by their man
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Jim Pettit

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2017, 09:44:05 PM »
I like this tweet from Kamala Harris

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2017, 10:47:02 PM »
I like that tweet too.

Thanks for that link, wili. I remembered the name, but I had never checked it out. I'm reading a bit there now, and I already like this article because it's about strategy wrt how effed-up Trump and his policies are: Resistance in the Age of Trumpism: An Interview With Gerald Epstein

And yes, that Guardian articles touches upon what I mean. There are a lot of people who voted for Trump after being disappointed by Obama (and with good reason). These are the people the Democrats need to get back, but that won't happen if the corporate neoliberals stay in charge of the party. And much of the Russiagate-stuff is fuelled by them, as they seem to have a lot of leverage in mainstream media circles (like for instance Clinton's campaign team's strategy to elevate Trump and ignore Sanders).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:29:49 PM by Neven »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #407 on: May 21, 2017, 02:01:49 AM »
Fox, though, has the distinction of being even worse than all the other worthless TV news, which is quite an achievement in itself, I suppose!  ::)

ABSOLUTELY.  Not even a close call (not that the others are good....THEY AREN'T).  Neven...apparently you have NOT WATCHED much FOX News compared to MSNBC or CNN.  And....from your writing, you haven't watched much of ANY of the "main stream news".

So I find it rather interesting that you make so many comments with such conviction on the main stream media....when you don't watch it?  Just saying......

By the way....I FORCE MYSELF TO WATCH FOX NEWS for an hour each week (not all at once....because I would gag).  My favorite is FOX & Friends (sarcasm intended).     

FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 21, 2017, 03:42:53 AM »
The article entitled: "White House looking at using ethics rule to weaken special investigation: Sources", makes the case that the WH is already working to undermine Mueller's credibility:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/20/white-house-looking-at-using-ethics-rule-to-weaken-special-investigation-sources.html

Extract: "The White House did not respond to a request for comment on whether it is reviewing the ethics rule in order to undermine Mueller's credibility.

Mueller's former colleagues at WilmerHale, James Quarles and Aaron Zebley, are expected to join his investigation, according to a spokeswoman for the law firm. Neither Quarles nor Zebley represented Kushner or Manafort.

Mueller will now lead the ongoing Federal Bureau of Investigation probe into Trump's associates and senior Russian officials.

Unlike Kenneth Starr, the independent counsel appointed by a three-judge panel to investigate Bill and Hillary Clinton's real estate holdings in the 1990s, Mueller depends on the Justice Department for funding and he reports to Rosenstein, who was appointed by Trump.

When he announced Mueller's appointment this week, Rosenstein said Mueller will have "all appropriate resources to conduct a thorough and complete investigation.""
“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”
― Leon C. Megginson

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #409 on: May 21, 2017, 04:43:03 AM »
A recent Harvard study found that the Media has been very harsh on Trump during his first 100 days - with the noted exception of Fox News. While this does confirm Trump's assertion that the Media has been very hard on him, I'm not sure that arguably the worst President in decades doesn't deserve arguably the worst press coverage.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

What's almost lost in the article is that coverage swung from 90% negative to 80% positive when Trump unleashed his missiles against Syria - a clear violation of international law.
That the Mainstream Media approves of Trump at his most bellicose is frightening. America's media has dragged her into more than one unwanted war & apparently want's to repeat by beating the drums once again.
By pushing Trump into a place where every action is ridiculed or vilified - except when he rattles his swords - Trump will slowly learn that to call off the hounds all he needs to do is to bomb some brown people, possibly even bombing yellow people will bring favorable reviews.

Destroy Trump for the immigrants
Destroy Trump for the EPA
Destroy Trump for arming the Saudis
Destroy Trump for increasing militarization

so many paths are open

Praise Trump when he talks peace
Praise Trump when he lowers tensions with Russia and China

He's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but everyone glows while they're being applauded.
If the Media wants war with Russia, let them fight it.

Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #410 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
Chomsky says it too, short video (1.43 minutes), transcript of last part below:

Noam Chomsky - Trump's Con Job
! No longer available

Sooner or later, I think the con is going to collapse. And much more important than trying to talk about impeaching Trump, is trying to develop programs that will be meaningful and constructive for the people who are deceived into supporting their class' enemy. Now, the Democrats have completely failed to do this. They abandoned the working class 40 years ago. Bernie Sanders is an option and that's what ought to be pursued, I think, not worrying about impeachment. Actually, if he was impeached, the result might be worse. Mike Pence is probably worse.

I follow Dutch media and most of the US news they produce, is centered around Trump and his behaviour. He's bowing to the Saudis, his wife and Ivanka do not wear something on their head! Oh, the hypocrisy! Yes, well, I've known Trump is a liar and a hypocrite for over a year now. All this attention is exactly what he wants, as it detracts from the other stuff, so that he can keep fooling those who voted for him.

For myself, I'm going to try and not participate in these discussions concerning reactions to Trump and his stupid antics (although I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anything comes of the impeachment attempts). I want to focus on what comes after Trump and this is now making me more determined to continue reporting on the state of the Arctic, as of course, Trump is going to do everything to deny the existence of AGW. This is what the 'sabbatical' is for, I guess. So, thanks for engaging with me and all the info. See you elsewhere.

PS
One last thing, and I repeat: please, try not to conflate Russia with what their oligarch club is doing to get more wealth and power. We, the Russians, and almost everyone in the world are just pawns in this oligarch game. Like the Frank Zappa song goes:

They just takes care
of NUMBER ONE
An' NUMBER ONE ain't YOU
You ain't even NUMBER TWO

They want nothing more than for us to polarize and demonize each other.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:36 PM »
With Preibus coming home early....this may be an indication that Mueller's time as Special Prosecutor may be short...and I am talking about days or weeks.  I am sure that first thing on Reince's plate will be to huddle with Session's and make something up to fire Mueller.  Mueller hit the ground running...and we don't know what he is having subpoenaed (tax returns, Trump corporate records, etc).

Expect Donnie to "hit hard" with anything he can.  Those in Trump Camp have already done more than enough to land them in prison.  Donnie HAS to get FBI investigation shut down....and QUICKLY.

I also think it is MORE LIKELY that he is gone BEFORE Comey delivers his open hearing with the Senate committee about two weeks from now.  There will never be a "good time" to fire him....but Donnie would likely do it BEFORE the Comey testimony....before there is even MORE MOMENTUM against our lying head of state.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:41:03 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »
With Preibus coming home early....this may be an indication that Mueller's time as Special Prosecutor may be short...and I am talking about days or weeks.  I am sure that first thing on Reince's plate will be to huddle with Session's and make something up to fire Mueller.  Mueller hit the ground running...and we don't know what he is having subpeoned (tax returns, Trump corporate records, etc).

Expect Donnie to "hit hard" with anything he can.  Those in Trump Camp have already done more than enough to land them in prison.  Donnie HAS to get FBI investigation shut down....and QUICKLY.

The linked article is entitled: “Reuters: White House looking for ways to undermine Mueller’s credibility as special counsel”, & it indicates that even if Sessions, or Trump, don't fire Mueller (as it could look like obstruction of justice); Trump could start pardoning anyone of his cronies that Mueller is investigating.  Plus, if no one could be charged because of the pardons, and if Mueller looks like his was then going to issue a politically damaging report anyway, Trump could just fire him before Mueller released such a report.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/20/reuters-white-house-looking-ways-undermine-muellers-credibility-special-counsel/

Extract: “The president’s power to pardon is plenary. It would look unbelievably shady for Trump to use one of his kingliest prerogatives as head of the executive branch to give all of his cronies “get out of jail free” cards, especially while an investigation’s ongoing and the facts haven’t yet come to light, but there’s really no question that it would be legal. Trump would be accused of an abuse of power in using pardons to shut down the probe — a lawful form of obstruction of justice, essentially, for the president’s exclusive enjoyment — but if he cared about public perceptions, he wouldn’t have fired Comey. He’d probably calculate that a few weeks of bad press for pardoning Flynn, Kushner, et al. is worth it in order to be done with Russiagate once and for all. Voters will forget about it in time. And his base, as always, will back him to the hilt. It’s coming. The only question is when.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 21, 2017, 10:26:41 PM »
The linked article is entitled: “It’s becoming increasingly clear that Jared Kushner is part of Trump’s Russia problem”, which makes the idea that Trump may soon issue pardons for both Flynn, and Kushner, all the more believable.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/20/15668162/kushner-trump-russia-corruption

Extract: “And the White House’s reaction to the appointment of Robert Mueller as a special counsel in the Russia inquiry, including a possible attempt to use ethics rules to limit the scope of his investigation, shows that somebody in the White House is deeply worried about what might happen if Kushner were included in the probe.

If Kushner has, or is, a Russia problem, that means that the current investigations go to the beating family heart of the Trump White House. That could set up a very, very nasty fight indeed.”
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 21, 2017, 10:54:31 PM »
The only one in Donnie's cabinet that I have any amount of trust in......is the Secretary of Defense.  Both the Secretary of Homeland Security AND Donnie's new National Security Advisor (McMaster).....now look to be "compromised".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mcmaster-cant-remember-if-trump-called-comey-a-nut-job-in-meeting-with-russians_us_5921a9f5e4b03b485cb23631?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Just how far will Donnie go....  We know that FOX is "in his corner".....and Donnie's friends like Newt are more than happy to throw around ANYTHING that will get the focus off of Donnie and Russia.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4c089759-3a71-3ad9-8636-ca16ab082ca9/ss_gingrich-spreads-conspiracy.html

After Comey testifies in two weeks.....things should get a little tougher for Donnie.  But how many Republicans will indeed "switch"?  That....is as yet....not answered.

Some of the very same Republicans were more than happy to fry Bill Clinton for covering up his lies about his affair with Monica Lewinski.  At the time of Bill's impeachment.....Newt Gingrich was HAVING AN AFFAIR HIMSELF WITH THE WOMAN WHO IS NOW HIS CURRENT WIFE.....AND RECENTLY ANNOUNCED AS THE AMBASSADOR TO THE VATICAN.  By the way....there is NO DOUBT in my mind....that having Gingrich's wife as ambassador to the Vatican is an INTENTIONAL SNUB to the Vatican.

Things continue to "ramp up".....and with each passing week I keep saying that next week will be even more eventful.  Things WILL get crazier for a while I suspect.....and no...we are NOT OUT OF THE WOODS BY ANY MEANS.

We have a crazed sociopath......who has hired all the crooks he can...and I suspect most of them will stay with him, especially since they are in SOOOOO very deep now.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2017, 11:08:36 PM »
The single most dangerous thing that most people CONTINUE to underestimate....or not realize altogether.....is the position that FOX News has played in "all of this."

For 25 years....FOX has continue to spew lies out to their audience on a multitude of issues.  They have....quite LITERALLY....BRAINWASHED many of their listeners......just as Russia does, just as Iran does, and just as other countries do with their "state run media".  That is why I reference FOX.....as TASS.  Almost no difference.  And if Donnie had his way.....he would pare the first amendment WAY BACK....and allow the jailing of journalists.

FOX....has ALWAYS BEEN....the most dangerous issue in US politics.  And now....that is coming to a head.  I don't pretend to know where it will end....I don't know.  But right now....FOX is fighting for Donnies life, because they KNOW it impacts their own future.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:58 PM »
With Preibus coming home early....

The linked Palmer Report article indicates that Preibus is not the only WH staff member that will be coming home early:

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/early-reince-preibus-trump/2975/

Extract: "... Haberman added a followup tweet revealing that Priebus isn’t the only one who’s likely to end up bailing on the trip early, though she didn’t reveal the identity of the next to go."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:34 AM »
The expected firing of Mueller.....has to do with the upcoming testimony of Comey, more than it has to do with Reince coming home early.  Although...I FULLY expect that to be #1 on his plate with Jeff Sessions when he gets back.  And with "shit about to hit the fan".....Reince had to come home early.

Note....I do NOT expect the firing BEFORE Donnie gets back....but I also wouldn't be surprised.  He HAS to get rid of Mueller and the FBI investigation.

After the Comey testimony in two weeks.....Donnie is going to be in a very bad place.  Not that he will be in a good place by firing Mueller ANY TIME....

Donnie is a cornered animal.....and he will be striking out to people around him....to the press....to anyone....especially someone trying to bring him down.

Just my "take"...... 

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Once again Neven shows the way!

I'm not an expert on politics, particularly American politics. I'm not great as an advocate, writer, or propagandist.
What I can do WRT Trump's presidency is to assist others by learning, and passing on, more about the present state of Arctic Ice, AGW, which is the cause of the Arctic melt, what measures might ameliorate the situation & what policies might worsen the situation.

I'd preached this stance a month ago. Rather than preaching, it's time to live the life.

If my background was in immigrant rights - that's the field I'd fight him on.
If my expertise was in Constitutional Law, political history, or economics, I'd attempt to bring him down using these, but, thanks to Neven's sites I have developed some knowledge about Arctic Ice & Global Warming. This is an area where Trump is vulnerable, and it's where I can be most effective.
People that understand what is happening in the Arctic, and how Trump's policies are liable to exacerbate the situation, will seek another leader - and it won't be Pence.
An informed electorate is the answer & Arctic Ice is what we as a group know the most about.
Why not play to our strengths?

Terry

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
RussiaGate....and the coverage of RussiaGate...... should make two things obvious:

1)  That FOX News has been nothing but a lying shill for "far right" policies over the years....whether that is global warming, birth control, taxes, RussiaGate, etc.  They will lie their ass off....and under Trump, they are doing double duty.  When it comes to RussiaGate....they either IGNORE or DEFLECT.  They are NOT a news organization....and they have NEVER been a news organization.

Although....I do believe THIS FOX NEWSCASTER JEANINE....that we can't take a president that is constantly under impeachment:

I'm sure that she is saying the SAME THINGS about Donnie right now. ;)

Or here.....where she is trying to "cut" when the cameraman is taking video of Trump bowing to the Saudi King:

FOX is a cesspool of fake journalism.....and they have "poisoned" their viewers over years and decades. 

2)   The FAKE CHRISTIANS of the "far right".....continue to try and pull the wool over the eyes of many.  Trump certainly used this to his advantage.  FAKE CHRISTIANS like Jerry Falwell Jr., Sean Hannity, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Mike Huckabee, Donald Trump, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingrham, etc.  These are the folks that are more than happy to tout their Christianity when it is handy....but somehow forget to live a "Christian" lifestyle.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:44:54 PM by Buddy »

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2017, 03:02:35 PM »
For those with an interest in history.....here is the Wikipedia link to the Nixon impeachment process.  FORMAL impeachment proceedings for Nixon started in February of 1974....6 months before he resigned.....and 13 months AFTER his re-inauguration in January of 1973.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_process_against_Richard_Nixon

The process continues..... 

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2017, 06:55:29 PM »
I guess I better update who will be the starting pitcher in the future for the US team:

1.  Donnie Trump

2.  Mikey Pence

3.  Paul Ryan.....Questionable

4Senator Oren Hatch.....Available and waiting.... ;)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2017, 06:57:42 PM »
The linked Palmer Report article is entitled: "Donald Trump heads to Israel amid assessment that the Israeli spy he outed to Russia is likely dead", which may be a problem even if one is an extreme narcissist like Trump:

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/israel-spy-dead-trump/2992/

Extract: "Juliette Kayyem, the former Assistant Secretary for U.S. Homeland Security, has told The Independent that the Israeli spy in question is “likely dead” as a direct result of Donald Trump’s mouth (link)."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2017, 07:59:59 PM »
Three words will FOREVER haunt Donald Trump and Micahel Flynn......and I'm NOT talking about "I love you."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/22/united-passengers-chant-lock-him-up-as-unruly-man-/

LOCK HIM UP

Wherever they go.....those three little words will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »
The linked Palmer Report is entitled: "While speaking in Israel today, Donald Trump blurted out more classified intel about Israel".

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/more-israel-classified/3001/

Extract: "And so today Trump proudly chastised reporters to their faces over the fact that he never told the Russians the intel came from Israel.

So now we’ve got Donald Trump publicly revealing classified information while incorrectly bragging that he hadn’t privately revealed classified information. And he did it while standing next to the prime minister of the ally who gave the United States the classified information to begin with."
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2017, 12:41:21 AM »
The linked article is entitled: "Manafort, Stone Turn Over Russia Documents to Senate Intel Committee"; however, it is still too early to say how meaningful these documents are.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/manafort-stone-turn-over-russia-documents-senate-intel-committee-n763141

Extract: "Two former associates of President Trump — Paul Manafort and Roger Stone — have turned over documents to the Senate Intelligence Committee in its Russia investigation, a congressional source with direct knowledge told NBC News.

Earlier this month, the committee sent document requests to Manafort and Stone, as well as Carter Page and Mike Flynn, officials said previously. The requests sought information pertaining to dealings with Russia. Page has not yet complied, the congressional source said, and Flynn plans to assert his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination as a reason not to comply with a committee subpoena, a source close to him has said."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2017, 02:38:58 AM »
Boy.....I sure hope Sean Hannity doesn't get caught up in RussiaGate....and that we find out he is on the take as well.... ;)

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/22/fox-news-reporters-just-admitted-theyre-disgusted-hannity-conspiracy-theories/

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2017, 02:52:14 AM »
The linked article is entitled: "Trump asked DNI, NSA to deny evidence of Russia collusion".  Talk about a pattern of trying to obstruct justice ???

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-community/index.html

Extract: "President Donald Trump called two top intelligence community figures to request that they deny in public any evidence of collusion between his campaign and the Russian government during the 2016 election, multiple current and former US officials with knowledge tell CNN.

Trump's requests to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and National Security Agency Director Adm. Michael Rogers came after then-FBI Director James Comey publicly revealed before the House intelligence committee on March 20 that the FBI had an investigation into collusion to influence the 2016 election."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »
1.  South Korea:  Park Guen-hye impeached (December 2016....finally ousted in March 2017).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/asia/south-korea-park-geun-hye-impeachment-vote/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/south-korea-president-park-geun-hye-steps-down-impeachment-corruption-scandal-a7621866.html

2.  Brazil:  President Temer....."I won't resign.  Oust me if you want." Now...ongoing.

Operation Carwash...much bigger than Watergate.

http://plus55.com/brazil-culture/2017/05/60-minutes-operation-car-wash-watergate
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/23/brazil-president-temer-i-wont-resign-oust-me-if-you-want.html

3.  United States:  What will Donnie do?  Be impeached.....fight impeachment....resign?  Time will tell.

OK Donnie.....your call.  What is he going to do?  Is he...as I suspect....fight it UNLESS his support caves (as I suspect)?  Will he fire Mueller the Special Prosecutor (as I suspect he will)...and "hope for the best" and hope that his support holds "regardless of what he does."

I encourage you to watch the 60 Minutes clip of "Operation Car Wash" on Brazil linked above.  It describes what Brazil is NOW going through with their corruption scandal.....and just HOW DEEP AND HOW BROAD IT IS.

I suspect.....when RussiaGate is said and done....it will reach into some of Donnie's cabinet posts (Jeff Sessions, Wilbur Ross, and perhaps others)......as well as reach into both the US Senate and the US House of Representatives (yea....I'm looking at you Chaffetz and Nunenz AND OTHERS YET TO BE NAMED).  But my question is....JUST HOW MANY?  We may be surprised....

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »
Here is a great piece by David Gergen....who has served US Presidents of BOTH PARTIES.  In giving the commencement speech at his alma mater in North Carolina.....Gergen noted that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH IN NORTH CAROLINA.

His commencement speech could have been given on MANY SUBJECTS....and in other states as well.  The message was clear:

"For those of us who have stayed on the sidelines, it is time to stand up and be counted. It is time to raise our voices against this darkness. Indeed, it is time for fellow citizens of all stripes – white and black; young and old; native and newcomer; men, women and people of chosen gender – everyone – to join forces and preserve the best of who we are as a people."

Whether we are talking about RUSSIAGATE.....GLOBAL WARMING.......or a number of other issues.....GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GET INVOLVED.  Do NOT let the "forces of darkness" win on ANY ISSUE. 

In the US....we have allowed many to USE the "freedom of speech" in order to LIE AND DECEIVE:  YES....I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU FOX NEWS. QUIT LYING.

Humanity has a VERY LONG WAY TO GO.  And if we are to survive....we have to HUNGER FOR THE TRUTH....not what is "handy" or easy as the truth.....or what we would WANT the truth to be.

http://www.elon.edu/e-net/Article/132946

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2017, 05:03:48 PM »
I guess I better update who will be the starting pitcher in the future for the US team....AGAIN:

1.  Donnie Trump

2.  Mikey Pence

3.  Paul Ryan

4.  Senator Oren Hatch........Warming up.... ;)

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2017, 05:19:04 PM »
The FORMER CIA Director is now testifying......he notified the "so-called gang of eight" which included the following 4 Republicans as well as 4 Democrat's:

1)  McConnell (Kentucky)
2) Ryan (Wisconsin)
3)  Nunes (California)
4)  Burr (North Carolina)

....and the CIA Director informed them in AUGUST OF 2016 PRIOR TO THE ELECTION.....That Russia was INDEED INTERFERING WITH THE US ELECTIONS.

As I said a couple weeks ago.....Ryan and McConnell "have some 'splaining" to do.  Now you know why....

ADIOS AMIGOS.....

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/5/18/1663539/-Last-August-republicans-knew-about-Russian-interference-in-our-elections-and-didn-t-care

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
Rachel Maddow, The Washington Post, and The New York Times want to know:

What do you give someone YOU HATE.....but who has done SO MUCH FOR YOU?

Record ratings for Rachel.......wildly improved subscriptions for both the NY Times and Washington Post.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/msnbc-hits-ratings-milestone-fox-news-drops-third-205835259.html

FOX now in 3rd place.....the first time since 2000.  Only Donnie could do so much....in so little time.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
Former Nixon white house counsel John Dean's "twitter take" on involvement by some in the senate and the US house of reps:

GOP doesn't think the Russian hacking happened, maybe because it helped them. Knowingly profiting from crime could make 'em co-conspirators.

https://twitter.com/JohnWDean/status/866738966287884288

Now you know why "the list" of people who have at least POTENTIAL if not ACTUAL criminal cases against them will grow to be pretty long......

The DC lawyers are going to have a field day year years. ;)

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 24, 2017, 02:32:50 AM »
The linked Palmer Report article is entitled: “As the Trump-Russia scandal explodes, Donald Trump hires attorney with RICO experience”, maybe they have evidence of Trump laundering Russian money.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/attorney-rico-trump/3027/

Extract: “... Trump has hired an attorney with expertise in defending clients against RICO cases and action brought by state attorneys general. This sounds a lot like Trump may be most worried about the prospect of the Special Counsel uncovering evidence of RICO (money laundering) in Trump’s businesses – and that he may also be worried about New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman getting involved with the case against him.“
― Leon C. Megginson

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #435 on: May 24, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »
Record ratings for Rachel.......wildly improved subscriptions for both the NY Times and Washington Post.

$$$$$!
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 24, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
Those looking for the next shoe to drop.....should be looking for a large BOOT instead. ???
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:22:02 PM by Buddy »

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 25, 2017, 11:58:59 PM »
Here are links to more of the parade of hits from the Palmer Report on Russiagate:

1. "Republican operative worked with Russian hacker Guccifer 2.0 to rig House elections in 2016"

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/house-russia-guccifer/3072/

Extract: "If you’re wondering how Donald Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone got connected with Russian hacker Guccifer 2.0, that answer has been revealed in the form of a Republican operative in Florida. And if you’re wondering if Russian government hacking extended beyond merely rigging the election for Donald Trump and also rigged the election in favor of any House Republican candidates, that answer has now been confirmed as well."

&

2. "Report: Mitch McConnell, Scott Walker, other Republican leaders tied to Russian money"

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/mcconnell-russia-money/3046/

Extract: "The newly unearthed research has been produced by political pundit Scott Dworkin. This week he’s posted a treasure trove of documents tying various Republican Party leaders to campaign funding that’s coming from entities that appear to be close to the Russian government. For instance he’s found that a Super PAC linked to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took $2.5 million from a pro-Kremlin oligarch in Ukraine during the most recent election (link)."
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 26, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »
The linked article is entitled: "Trump team reportedly assembling 'street fighters' to deal with Russia probe"; & indicates that Trump has taken Bannon out of the doghouse in order to reboot him as a street fighter (brown shirt) to deal with Russiagate:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/25/trump-team-reportedly-assembling-street-fighters-to-deal-with-russia-probe/22109810/

Extract: "Both Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus are said to have left early from the foreign visit to lead the planning."
― Leon C. Megginson

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #439 on: May 26, 2017, 05:45:45 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/trump-nato-financial-payments/

This is the actual result of Russiagate. Between racist protectionists in the US and the influence of Russia through traitors like Manaforte and Flynn the plan is to weaken the US influence over the world. This will open space for the Chinese, Russian and other powerful forces to takeover the sphere of influence of the US.

Will this be good for the world? Maybe. Will this be good for  the US, most definitely not. Will it be good for Trump inc and accomplices? Absolutely.

I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 26, 2017, 07:11:41 PM »
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/trump-nato-financial-payments/

This is the actual result of Russiagate. Between racist protectionists in the US and the influence of Russia through traitors like Manaforte and Flynn the plan is to weaken the US influence over the world. This will open space for the Chinese, Russian and other powerful forces to takeover the sphere of influence of the US.

Will this be good for the world? Maybe. Will this be good for  the US, most definitely not. Will it be good for Trump inc and accomplices? Absolutely.

+1
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 26, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »
The linked Palmer Report recommends that Kushner's security clearance should be suspended, now.

"Jared Kushner is the new Michael Flynn, right down to Russian blackmail"

http://www.palmerreport.com/opinion/kushner-flynn-russia/3085/

Extract: "When Sally Yates informed the White House that Michael Flynn had been compromised by Russia, she did so because he had determined that Flynn was susceptible to being blackmailed by the Russians. That means there’s now equal reason to worry that Russia might blackmail Kushner. In fact Congressman Ted Lieu came out and said it today: “Security clearance for Jared Kushner must be suspended NOW. Russians now know he is vulnerable & can leverage him with real or fake threats.”"
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 26, 2017, 08:13:04 PM »
The linked Palmer Report discusses possible leaks indicating that the European Intelligence Community my soon leak Russiagate information about the Trump Administration.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/euro-intel-trump/3081/

Extract: "After today’s NATO debacle, political pundit John Schindler revealed that he “Just got this msg from a pal who’s a snr Europe scty official: ‘After [Trump NATO speech] it’s obvious he’s Putin’s boy. Now we will act.'” (link). Thereafter, political pundit and MSNBC commentator Rick Wilson went on to confirm this: “The theory that Euro IC gloves are off also extends to a very senior GER govt contact of mine. White. Hot. Fire.” (link/a>)"
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2017, 03:00:13 AM »
More gasoline for the fire.  Anyone have a match?😳

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2017, 06:11:24 AM »
More gasoline for the fire.  Anyone have a match?😳

Here's a match:

"'This is serious': Jared Kushner reportedly tried to set up a secret Trump-Russia back channel"

http://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-wanted-secret-talks-russia-trump-2017-5

Extract: "In talks with Kislyak in December, Kushner floated the possibility of setting up a secure line of communication between the Trump transition team and Russia — and having those talks take place in Russian diplomatic facilities in the US, essentially concealing their interactions from US government scrutiny, The Post wrote, citing US intelligence officials briefed on the matter.
Kislyak reportedly passed along that request to Moscow. The Post's Ellen Nakashima, Adam Entous, and Greg Miller reported that the Russian ambassador was "taken aback" by Kushner's request, because it posed significant risks for both the Trump team and the Kremlin."
― Leon C. Megginson

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2017, 11:36:58 AM »
Next phase.....the bunker mentality begins.  How many weeks or months can it last before it caves?  Depends on how quickly politicians abandon ship.  Donnie is now a lame duck leader.  He can pretend all he wants....it isn't going away.

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »
And when does the issue of FOX News working DIRECTLY with the Trump campaign.....as well as post campaign begin to get exposed?

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
And the Palmer Report “Parade of Hits” on Trumps Administration w.r.t. Russiagate, just keep coming:

“FBI: Jared Kushner may have negotiated Russian loans for Donald Trump team in exchange for sanctions”.

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/negotiate-kushner-fbi/3104/

Extract: “Now we know why the FBI is investigating Jared Kushner’s activities with regard to Donald Trump’s Russia scandal. It’s not just the reported backchannel that Kushner was trying to set up with the Russian government during the transition period – it’s the criminal activities that Kushner and Russia may have been planning to negotiate through that secret backchannel.”

&

“We told you last month Jared Kushner was caught up in Trump-Russia. He’s not the only Trump family member.”

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/told-you-kushner-russia/3105/

Extract: “... the key going forward is that the original report asserted multiple members of Donald Trump’s family had been intercepted conducting illegal business in relation to the Trump-Russia scandal. That means it’s not just Kushner. So who is it? We can rule out the little kid Barron, as well as Tiffany Trump, who’s not closely associated with her father. And while something could change, we don’t think there’s logical reason to believe it was Melania.”
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2017, 11:52:34 PM »
The linked article indicates that the Team Trump was working to set US policy by negotiating with Russia while Obama was still in office.

“AP reports Kushner back channel with Russia involved Syria”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ap-reports-kushner-back-channel-with-russia-involved-syria/ar-BBBzI5L

Extract: “Kushner spoke with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak about creating that line of communication to facilitate sensitive discussions aimed at exploring the incoming administration's options with Russia as it was developing its Syria policy, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

The intent was to connect Trump's chief national security adviser at the time, Michael Flynn, with Russian military leaders, said this person, who wasn't authorized to publicly discuss private policy deliberations and spoke on condition of anonymity.“
― Leon C. Megginson

AbruptSLR

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 28, 2017, 03:47:19 AM »
And the parade continues:

“Jared Kushner suddenly claims he was always considering quitting Donald Trump’s White House in July”

http://www.palmerreport.com/politics/july-kushner/3111/

Extract: “Kushner is now telling his friends, who just happened to conveniently turn around and immediately leak it to the New York Times link), that he and his wife Ivanka Trump have always been planning to reevaluate their status in Washington DC at the six month mark. Perhaps this has been true all along, perhaps not. But either way, Kushner appears to be putting this tidbit out there publicly now, as a way of giving himself an exit ramp in July if things continue to get worse for him between now and then.“
― Leon C. Megginson