Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The Russiagate conspiracy theory  (Read 1120212 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Re: Russia, Russia, Russia
« Reply #5100 on: June 17, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
do you think the Russians will ever tell it ? b.c.

Probably none of the parties involved (who do not think in terms of nation states, like the population has been conditioned/propagandized to think) will ever reveal it. Maybe the Skripals will one day, though I doubt it.

One thing is for sure: the BBC, The Guardian and other cogs in the mainstream media machine will never, ever tell the truth about this. They will, however, publish lots of propaganda that doesn't make any sense. Read Craig Murray's blog posts.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #5101 on: June 17, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
naw .. my world has enough going on already :) . Funny how the Guardian has gone from teller of truth to a 'cog in the media machine' since the facepuke era began .
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #5102 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:59 PM »
be cause:
Exactly what is the “facepuke” era?

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5103 on: June 18, 2020, 12:16:34 AM »
Perhaps someday the Skripal's will get loose from their handlers and write their version ... which may not be at all true either.

sidd

interstitial

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 567
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #5104 on: June 18, 2020, 07:20:48 AM »
facepuke is facebook
so facepuke era is social media era.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5105 on: June 18, 2020, 08:44:59 AM »
Craig Murray has posted a third blog post on the BBC propaganda series: Cynicism and Warmongering

The BBC plumbed the depths of hypocrisy in dressing up the final episode of the Salisbury Poisonings as a homage to Dawn Sturgess while systematically lying about the facts of her death, yet again to cover up the implausibility of the official narrative.

(...)

I do not know what happened in Salisbury. I know that the British government story makes no sense whatsoever, and I know that the Russian government has not told us the truth about the identities of Boshirov and Petrov, otherwise their true identities would have been firmly documented and reported by now. What the Russians were doing remains a mystery, with possibilities ranging from assassination through liaison to extraction. What the British government was doing is equally murky, and whether the Skripals are willingly a part of MI6’s plans is by no means clear. Sergei’s continuing work for MI6 and his relationship with Pablo Miller are evidently key, while I suspect that Sergei’s role in Christopher Steele’s baroque, fabricated dossier on Donald Trump is probably the motive for the action.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:57 PM »
From Murray: "Sergei’s continuing work for MI6 and his relationship with Pablo Miller are evidently key, while I suspect that Sergei’s role in Christopher Steele’s baroque, fabricated dossier on Donald Trump is probably the motive for the action."

I agree that hiding the truth about about Miller, Steele, Skripal and the dossier is one of the primary motivations behind UK propaganda surrounding Skripal affair.

sidd

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: August 12, 2020, 07:36:08 AM »
Schrage on taibbi at substack: russiagate in cambridge, again but different

"I call these individuals the Cambridge Four. "

"48 hours before the leak was published, my former supervisor Halper eerily laid out what was about to happen to Flynn, something he had no independent reason to know."

"my former advisor, Halper. Codenamed “the Walrus,” in person he appears well over 300 pounds, and carries himself with grandiose airs ...  I had yet to discover his checkered past, including: his reported role in organizing ex-CIA operatives to steal Jimmy Carter’s 1980 debate materials; 1990’s crack cocaine arrest; and FBI firing in 2011"

"Sir Richard Dearlove is a former director of MI6 and Halper’s long-time collaborator. "

"Dearlove’s former MI6 agent and the third Cambridge Four member, Christopher Steele"

"Halper, Steele, Dearlove, and Andrew"

" the Cambridge Four, and their media and political enablers, did a miraculous job in pushing fake Trump-Russia conspiracy stories ... the Cambridge Four were probably the most effective tools for Russia’s disinformation campaign to divide America that Putin could have ever dreamed of."

"In the recording Halper laid out what was about to happen to Flynn"

"“I don’t remember.” That should be the official, trademarked motto of the government officials involved in these events."

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-spies-who-hijacked-america

Sounds like he's pissed off at his (ex?) advisor

sidd

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #5108 on: August 19, 2020, 07:24:28 PM »
The 5th and final tome of the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee investigation is out.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf
and of course a lot is redacted. 966 pages :)

Nothing seriously new for those who paid attention and didn't fall for Bill Barr's spin of the Mueller Report.

Yes, Russia and Assange did meddle in the election. Yes, there was collusion (blatantly, Manafort & Kilimnik). But the Trumpists couldn't amp it up to explicit criminal conspiracy - they were too stupid for that, and the Russians fear stupidity.

And, lordy there possibly are Russian tapes.

Choice quote after short sampling looking for "Assange":
WikiLeaks and Russian government talking points have closely mirrored each other.
in April 2016, Assange and WikiLeaks criticized the release of information in the
Panama Papers as a "Putin attack [that] was produced by OCCRP which targets Russia &
former USSR and was funded by USAID & Soros," 1313 a frequent refrain in Russian
state-sponsored influence operations. 1314 Putin echoed this two days later, stating:
"WikiLeaks has showed us that official people and official organs of the US are behind
this."1315
[...]
[...] consistent with indications that WikiLeaks knowingly aided the
Russian 2016 election influence campaign.
(Methinks Russian propaganda stuff has crept deeper into daily discourse and discontent than many can imagine.)

Lots of commentary on MSM.

Sally Yates:

"Collusion" semantics:

------------------------
P.S.: I have yet to find the thing about them Trumpists being too stupid for serious criminal conspiracy with Putin. But I've meanwhile revisited my very first post on this thread - and I'm impressed...

[...]
Remember Trump presenting Russian bullshit at a rally, before Sputnik news deleted it? That is either clinical stupidity or collusion if not treason. But who cared? This is not a story manufactured by the evil "deep state". Nope, it happened in full public view, like other highly suspicious things. No one can say "the Russians did it". Nope, it was the stupidified U.S. voter and media, after decades of Republican mental inbreeding. I thought GWB was the epitome of Reaganist stupidification. I was wrong...
[...]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:27:24 PM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: October 17, 2020, 02:12:53 AM »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:02 AM »
Lavrov interview:

Lavrov: " everyone remembers Henry Kissinger’s words that the United States should have relations with China which are better than relations between China and Russia, and vice versa. He saw this historical process and knew which way it could go. "

Simes: "the EU is becoming a missionary organisation. When you deal with crusaders, trying to reckon with them or appealing to their logic and conscience is probably useless. Do you not think that the EU has journeyed to a place where there are limited opportunities for partnership and great potential for confrontation? "

Lavrov: I agree with you, absolutely. This is a missionary style – lecturing others while projecting superiority.

"We will always be willing to revive our relations, practically to raise them from the ashes, but to do this we must know what the EU is interested in. We will not knock on a locked door  ... I don’t think we are courting this alliance or exaggerating its importance. It determines its place in the world itself.  "

Nikonov: "I think today’s Europe is pretty empty in terms of culture."

Lavrov: "There are some funny songs; we can listen to them in the car sometimes."

" I have seen black actors perform in Shakespeare’s comedies. The only thing I do not know is when a white actor will play Othello. You see, this is nothing less than absurdity. Political correctness reduced to absurdity will lead to no good."

"The US flatly refuses to discuss ways of either making internet governance more democratic or establishing common rules regulating social networks"

"I pointed out to Tillerson that they had in fact directly stipulated in legislation that the US State Department should spend $20 million a year to support Russian civil society and promote democracy. That was not even a suspicion on our part as they did it openly (for example, the Ukraine Support Act). There was nothing to prove – they just announced that they would interfere. He told me that was totally different. I asked him why, and he said because we promoted authoritarianism, and they spread democracy."

Simes: "And he said it with sincere conviction, didn’t he?"

Lavrov: "Yes."

" I believe the 9/11 attacks were the turning point in the American life ... Since then, New York has become a different city. This free city, living its own life around the clock and enjoying it, became wary and started looking over its shoulder to see if there was someone around who could hurt it ... This suspicion then spread deeply into American society. There were probably serious reasons for that."

http://thesaker.is/crucial-interview-of-foreign-minister-lavrov-must-read/

sidd

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #5112 on: April 15, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »
Russia

Now the president is no longer a Russian asset the truth can begin to be revealed

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1382683196182175746

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #5113 on: April 15, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
monitoring of russian military iron

According to the Barents Observer it's just 80,000 troops on "exercises":

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2021/04/visiting-northern-fleet-defense-minister-shoigu-signals-build-along-ukrainian

Visiting Northern Fleet, Defense Minister Shoigu signals buildup along Ukrainian border will end in 2 weeks.

According to the Russian military leader, the two armies and three airborne troop units that have been redeployed to western border areas will end ongoing exercises in the course of April.
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: April 16, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
Nothing surpising, but now it's in the book of history:
Schiff: First Time US Gov’t Publicly Confirms Trump Campaign-Russia Channel

I spare you Rachel Maddow's exposition  :-) but here is Bill Palmer:
Now that the U.S. government is finally confirming that Paul Manafort gave Trump’s internal polling data to the Kremlin, let’s connect the rest of the known dots in Trump-Russia campaign collusion.

Reuters long ago reported that Kremlin cutout Cambridge Analytica stole Facebook data from 50 million users and used it to micro target false Facebook ads in key swing states. The Kremlin surely gave the Trump campaign data to Cambridge Analytica for use in further micro targeting those ads.

In other words, not only did the Trump campaign and the Kremlin collude in 2016, they criminally conspired to alter the outcome of the election. But it gets even worse, because of just how high up the ladder Manafort and Kilimnik were on their respective sides.

Are we to believe that Trump didn’t know his campaign chairman Manafort was doing this? Are we to believe Putin didn’t know his top spy Kilimnik was doing this? In other words, it wasn’t just the Trump campaign and the Kremlin conspiring. It was Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin personally conspiring together, through their reps.

Robert Mueller had this information, as evidenced by an early 2019 publicly available court filing. So Bill Barr, who went out of his way to suppress this evidence of a criminal plot, is a co-conspirator in this scandal
[...]
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/this-was-treason/38238/

[...]
This turns out to be two major stories
[...]
Second, this means that when Robert Mueller officially found no evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, this was a lie and a coverup. Mueller did in fact have specific proof of collusion, and the U.S. government is now publicly confirming that proof. Did Mueller lie in his report, or did Bill Barr and Rod Rosenstein lie about what Mueller said in his report? To be clear, whoever lied committed felony obstruction of justice. It’s now more important than ever that the unredacted Mueller report be released, so the right people at the DOJ can go to prison for obstruction.
[...]
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/biden-administration-officially-confirms-trump-russia-collusion-really-did-happen/38218/

vox_mundi

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3510
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #5115 on: June 16, 2021, 05:47:53 AM »
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― anonymous

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

Stephan

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 758
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #5116 on: July 06, 2021, 07:00:47 PM »
A report about the environmental politics in Russia, the fight against permafrost thaw, the difficulties ecologists are faced and the expectations about an ever-ongoing export of coal and oil to save the budget of the Russian Federation (in German):
https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/hintergrund.723.de.html
It is too late just to be concerned about Climate Change

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: July 08, 2021, 02:04:50 AM »
Ever failing Russia: Armstrong at strategic culture

"Russia will fail in 1992, finished in 2001, failed in 2006, failed in 2008, failing in 2010, “rapid deteriorating economy” in 2014, failed or declining in 2015, failing in 2017, negligible economy and “rusted out” military in 2017 ... falling behind in 2018; headed for trouble in 2019 ... losing influence even in its neighbourhood in 2020."

https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2021/04/25/russia-russia-ever-failing/

sidd

Sebastian Jones

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 214
  • Likes Given: 158
« Reply #5118 on: July 08, 2021, 02:29:14 AM »
I read Sidd's attached article, to check my prejudices.
Because I  came here to post an article on Russia's bungled (failed) COVID response.....
Russia is one tough nation.
When I think of one single Russian stereotypical characteristic, it is 'Endurance'.
By most measures it is a shit-show.
And, if it is true that what does not kill you makes you stronger, Russia is very strong.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/07/05/russia-pandemic-response-failure-sputnik-vaccine-third-wave-covid-deaths-delta-variant-anti-vaxxers/

LeftyLarry

• NewMembers
  • Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 30
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5119 on: November 23, 2021, 05:49:09 AM »
The 5th and final tome of the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee investigation is out.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf
and of course a lot is redacted. 966 pages :)

Nothing seriously new for those who paid attention and didn't fall for Bill Barr's spin of the Mueller Report.

Yes, Russia and Assange did meddle in the election. Yes, there was collusion (blatantly, Manafort & Kilimnik). But the Trumpists couldn't amp it up to explicit criminal conspiracy - they were too stupid for that, and the Russians fear stupidity.

And, lordy there possibly are Russian tapes.

Choice quote after short sampling looking for "Assange":
WikiLeaks and Russian government talking points have closely mirrored each other.
in April 2016, Assange and WikiLeaks criticized the release of information in the
Panama Papers as a "Putin attack [that] was produced by OCCRP which targets Russia &
former USSR and was funded by USAID & Soros," 1313 a frequent refrain in Russian
state-sponsored influence operations. 1314 Putin echoed this two days later, stating:
"WikiLeaks has showed us that official people and official organs of the US are behind
this."1315
[...]
[...] consistent with indications that WikiLeaks knowingly aided the
Russian 2016 election influence campaign.
(Methinks Russian propaganda stuff has crept deeper into daily discourse and discontent than many can imagine.)

Lots of commentary on MSM.

Sally Yates:

"Collusion" semantics:

------------------------
P.S.: I have yet to find the thing about them Trumpists being too stupid for serious criminal conspiracy with Putin. But I've meanwhile revisited my very first post on this thread - and I'm impressed...

[...]
Remember Trump presenting Russian bullshit at a rally, before Sputnik news deleted it? That is either clinical stupidity or collusion if not treason. But who cared? This is not a story manufactured by the evil "deep state". Nope, it happened in full public view, like other highly suspicious things. No one can say "the Russians did it". Nope, it was the stupidified U.S. voter and media, after decades of Republican mental inbreeding. I thought GWB was the epitome of Reaganist stupidification. I was wrong...
[...]

What’s sad is the same people who want us to believe still, that the above nonsense was all true ( tinfoil hat true) and a threat to the US of A  , are the people telling us we can and should believe them about things like Global Warming .
They don’t get how they lose credibility.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: December 23, 2021, 01:27:45 AM »
moscowtimes: Shoigu alleges US mercenaries and chemical weapons in Donetsk

“provocation using unknown chemical components.”

"Shoigu’s statements came during a Defense Ministry meeting in Moscow"

"over 120 members of U.S. mercenary groups in the cities of Avdiivka and Krasny Liman ... Tanks filled with unidentified chemical components were delivered "

"“The United States is building up its military presence at Russian borders. In the countries of Eastern Europe, American units with a total number of about 8,000 servicemen are deployed on a rotational basis,” "

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/12/21/us-mercenaries-preparing-donbass-provocation-russian-defense-chief-a75892

sidd

johnm33

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #5121 on: December 23, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »
Putin saying "too far" to his military, time for some neutral space between us and nato, we've asked nicely prepare now for action.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: December 23, 2021, 08:40:43 PM »
Right on time: Tsvetkova and Zverev at wkzo: Russian mercenaries in eastern Ukraine

"Of four sources, three described their offers from mercenary recruiters to go to Donbass. They said the recruiters did not disclose who they represented. All four sources declined to be named"

"Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said: “It’s the first we’ve heard of this and we don’t know how reliable these assertions are.”"

"Peskov said there were no Russian regular forces or military advisers in eastern Ukraine and never had been, and that Moscow was not considering sending any. Kyiv disputes that and says regular Russian army forces are present."

"Alexander Ivanov, head of the Community of Officers For International Security, a non-governmental group representing Russian contractors in the Central African Republic, said he had “not a single confirmation” that any Russian mercenary had been deployed to Ukraine."

"Three of the sources said they were not aware of any plans for a new Russian attack on Ukraine or of preparations that would suggest one was coming."

"the aim of the deployment was what he called sabotage activities to undermine stability in Ukraine."

"Ukraine’s military intelligence service declined to comment, while the state security service did not reply to a request for comment."

https://wkzo.com/2021/12/23/russian-mercenaries-deploy-to-eastern-ukraine-sources/

sidd

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: January 14, 2022, 11:56:07 PM »
False flags galore: bertrand at cnn

"Russian special services are preparing provocations against Russian forces in an attempt to frame Ukraine. "

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/politics/us-intelligence-russia-false-flag/index.html

sidd

nadir

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #5124 on: May 28, 2022, 01:37:50 AM »
Should she be banned from Twitter now? From Matt Taibbi:

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/shouldnt-hillary-clinton-be-banned?s=w&utm_medium=web

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5125 on: May 29, 2022, 12:06:30 PM »
Ah yes, Russiagate, one of the fakest disinformation campaigns of all time, smelling from all sides, and people still fell for it en masse. If only someone could admit to having been fooled, it would restore some of my faith in humanity.

The enemy is within

E. Smith

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
« Reply #5126 on: May 29, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
 .. and yet you still haven't moved east or sought asylum from the hell hole you live in ? ? ?
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

cognitivebias2

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #5127 on: May 29, 2022, 01:24:22 PM »
I definitely bit on that story.  Yet there was collusion between Russia and the Trump organization, or so it seems wrt campaign data delivered by Manafort to Russian operatives.  And the tone of Trump wrt Russia was clearly as supplicant.  There was plenty of first person information making Trump appear indebted to Putin.  Sure, you can write that off as Trump is an idiot with dictator envy.  I'm not sure that helps the case.

The video above tries to wipe everything away with one wave of the hand.  Someone on the 2016 Clinton campaign lied about their reason for delivering information to the FBI.  That's all that is alleged.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 09, 2022, 01:59:19 AM »
So Muller went senile (visible in Neven's video) and Durham produced a nothingburger...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/01/us/politics/trump-alfa-bank-indictment.html
The charge was narrow: John H. Durham, the special counsel appointed by the Trump administration to scour the Russia investigation, indicted a cybersecurity lawyer this month on a single count of lying to the F.B.I.
(...)
Mr. Durham’s version of events set off reverberations beyond the courtroom. Trump supporters seized on the indictment, saying it shows that suspicions about possible covert communications between Russia’s Alfa Bank and Mr. Trump’s company were a deliberate hoax by supporters of Hillary Clinton and portraying it as evidence that the entire Russia investigation was unwarranted.
(...)
At the same time, defense lawyers for the scientists say it is Mr. Durham’s indictment that is misleading. Their clients, they say, believed their hypothesis was a plausible explanation for the odd data they had uncovered — and still do.

The Alfa Bank results “have been validated and are reproducible. The findings of the researchers were true then and remain true today; reports that these findings were innocuous or a hoax are simply wrong,” said Jody Westby and Mark Rasch, lawyers for David Dagon, a Georgia Institute of Technology data scientist and one of the researchers whom the indictment discussed but did not name.
(...)
(...)

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 121
« Reply #5129 on: February 01, 2023, 05:09:30 PM »
amazing.

Prestigious Liberal Watchdog Condemns New York Times' Russiagate Coverage
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/prestigious-liberal-watchdog-condemns-new-york-times-russiagate-coverage

"The Columbia Journalism Review (CJR) has issued a scathing indictment of the New York Times for yellow journalism during the Trump-Russia saga"

“Objectivity Has Got To Go”: News Leaders Call for the End of Objective Journalism
https://jonathanturley.org/2023/02/01/objectivity-has-got-to-go-news-leaders-call-for-end-of-objective-journalism/

"Notably, while Bob Woodword and others have finally admitted that the Russian collusion coverage lacked objectivity and resulted in false reporting, media figures are pushing even harder against objectivity as a core value in journalism."
Where is reality? Can you show it to me? - Heinz von Foerster

zenith

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 121
« Reply #5130 on: February 10, 2023, 11:54:09 PM »
Russiagate was a hoax w/Matt Taibbi | The Chris Hedges Report

Where is reality? Can you show it to me? - Heinz von Foerster

johnm33

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #5131 on: March 21, 2023, 09:54:59 AM »
GDP is deeply flawed as an economic measure both within countries and between, here using his own criteria is another flawed, by his own admission, take on economic 'might'. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1549554660184231936.html

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3584
  • Likes Given: 3922
« Reply #5132 on: March 21, 2023, 10:05:46 AM »
The whole methodology seems to be rigged towards producers of raw materials, namely Russia. This is apparent both in the equal weighting of the categories but also in the selection of the categories themselves. There is much more to industrial output than coal, iron, steel and motor vehicles each with a 25% weight.
Food is more than just wheat and meat. What about rice? Corn?
Etc. etc.

Here is another thing I did, assigned "points" based on each countries relative strength in each industrial output category with each other. Whichever country was #1 in each category got 100 points, and every other country was benchmarked to that country for that category

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 10:12:27 AM by oren »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5133 on: March 21, 2023, 10:30:31 AM »
This thread is about the Russiagate Hoax, not about Russia per se.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
  • Liked: 118
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5134 on: April 07, 2023, 09:52:09 AM »
So I wasn't the only one in 2017 who knew that Russiagate was complete garbage and lies paraded by Clintonian Democrats and their Deep State stooges.

February 23, 2017

How did we get from ‘Village Voice’ reporters digging up everything there is to know about a flashy New York real estate salesman to not knowing anything about the President of the United States and his ties to Russia?
by Lee Smith
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/trump-american-press

Something monstrous is taking shape in America. Formally, it exhibits the synergy of state and corporate power in service of a tribal zeal that is the hallmark of fascism. Yet anyone who spends time in America and is not a brainwashed zealot can tell that it is not a fascist country.

What is coming into being is a new form of government and social organization that is as different from mid-twentieth century liberal democracy as the early American republic was from the British monarchism that it grew out of and eventually supplanted. A state organized on the principle that it exists to protect the sovereign rights of individuals, is being replaced by a digital leviathan that wields power through opaque algorithms and the manipulation of digital swarms.

It resembles the Chinese system of social credit and one-party state control, and yet that, too, misses the distinctively American and providential character of the control system. In the time we lose trying to name it, the thing itself may disappear back into the bureaucratic shadows, covering up any trace of it with automated deletions from the top-secret data centers of Amazon Web Services, “the trusted cloud for government.”

A Guide to Understanding the Hoax of the Century
Russiagate and Hamilton 68 and more
Thirteen ways of looking at Disinformation
by Jacob Siegel
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/guide-understanding-hoax-century-thirteen-ways-looking-disinformation

-----------------------------------------

So when does the other shoe drop?

That everything being pushed out there for years about Russia and China is nothing but mega wealthy neoliberal corporate special interests colluding with deep state intelligence agency neocons  to push Lies and Propaganda 24/7!
It's wealth, constantly seeking more wealth, to better seek still more wealth. Building wealth off of destruction. That's what's consuming the world. And is driving humans crazy at the same time.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5135 on: April 25, 2023, 04:57:39 AM »
Yeah, it's kind of old news, but people still ebleiev in the Russia Hack bs stories, so here's KimDotCom in 2023 again, finally spills his beans with a little more clarity than before:

False claim 6: Dotcom claimed that he worked with Seth Rich.

Truth: Seth Rich contacted me and offered information about the DNC. I rejected receiving the data personally and forwarded him to someone close to Wikileaks. That’s how Wikileaks got the DNC and Hillary Clinton leaks.

False claim 7: The (DNC) hack and leak operation was conducted by Russian intelligence.

Truth: A forensic analysis of the leaked DNC data by former US intelligence officials proved that it wasn’t remotely transferred. The meta data shows that the files were transferred locally.

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1649574074732154880

and old Craig Murray statements he flew to DC to collect the USB stick of Data
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/former-british-ambassador-says-he-not-russia-is-the-dnc-leaker/

and/or
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4034038/Ex-British-ambassador-WikiLeaks-operative-claims-Russia-did-NOT-provide-Clinton-emails-handed-D-C-park-intermediary-disgusted-Democratic-insiders.html

ADD ON
a list of people who say Seth Rich is the DNC leaker.

Guccifer 2.0 via Robin Young

Kim Dotcom

Seymour Hersh (unconfirmed)

Rod Wheeler

Anonymous federal investigator who spoke to Fox News & OANN
        Anonymous whistleblower via Lin Wood (May be same person)

James Lyons

Ed Butowsky

Ellen Ratner according to Ed Butowsky

Bill Binney

Mark Dougan aka BadVolf (unreliable)

Julian Assange strongly suggests but does not say so. As does his mother.

Two other people claim that they know first hand that the data came from a leaker, but do not mention the leaker's name.

Craig Murray

Ray McGovern

The claim by Kim Dotcom is old. Originally he said that "Seth" contacted him using an alias. ("Panda" something). Kim Dotcom infers that "Panda" and Seth Rich are the same person, but he may not have definite proof.

and then there's  (boring I get)

This is all the information on Seth Rich and Kim Dotcom we have collected on the ACLOS site.

I knew Seth Rich. I know he was the Wikileaks source. I was involved, Kim Dotcom to Sean Hannity on twitter, May 20, 2017
    On May 23, kim.com issues a statement (without specific URL) on his website which reads:

I know [that Seth Rich was involved in the DNC leak] because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich. Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful. I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics. [...]

Dotcom would be willing to give details only to "the authorities" as his lawyers advised him, the statement continues.
    On May 25, Dotcom releases an open letter to the Rich family asking them not to repeat allegations, whose preposterous nature he outlines to them, originating with the Washington Post of him having tried to hack Seth Rich's email account.
    SETH RICH – A TALE OF TWEETS - May 28, 2017
    Kim Dotcom Approaches Special Counsel, press release by Kim Dotcom, 30 May 2017
    (says he has relevant information, does not provide details on information itself, only on his legal situation)
    On the Consortium News Live show of September 20, 2019, Joe Lauria plays parts of an interview he did with Kim.com and discusses it with guest Bill Binney. The new information seems to be that after Kim communicated with "Panda" first over twitter and then encrypted messenger, including specifically about "Panda"'s work for the DNC and his frustration with their methods against Sanders, Kim decided that it was too hot for him to be involved with, given his own struggle against extradition to the US. He then brought "Panda" in contact with someone apparently from the hacker scene who had been working with wikileaks in the past, and from there the story developed without further involvement of Kim.com.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 05:34:05 AM by SeanAU »
It's wealth, constantly seeking more wealth, to better seek still more wealth. Building wealth off of destruction. That's what's consuming the world. And is driving humans crazy at the same time.

Paddy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 153
  • Likes Given: 151
« Reply #5136 on: May 05, 2023, 07:05:13 AM »
A short video from inside Russia: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-65454203

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: May 05, 2023, 07:53:09 AM »
Here is a Mexican-American veteran living in russia: propaganda or not ?

Actually i quite like his channel: https://www.youtube.com/@WildSiberian

sidd

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5138 on: May 05, 2023, 08:00:16 AM »
That's how UK Govt Propaganda by the BBC works. They are professional always deliver as expected.

Watch BBC journo lying at 1:51 when he says it is unusual for Red Square to be closed prior to the parade.

Red Square is closed every year in the run-up to May 9, and traffic on central streets is restricted due to rehearsals for the military parade.
https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/04/25/red-square-to-be-closed-for-two-weeks-prior-to-may-9-parade 

Oh please don't think that is the only lies in this BS emotionally dripping MSM report

If you like to eat non-stop lies pay your TV License Fee and watch the BBC. Same sources as CNN.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5139 on: May 17, 2023, 07:10:42 AM »
Not a good day when you have to agree with Lindsey Graham @LindseyGrahamSC

Attorney General Merrick Garland should pick up the phone and call all those that were harmed by this and say that even though it didn’t happen on my watch, I apologize to you. 

This is not the Department of Justice that I want to believe in.

I think the Pulitzer Prize given to the @WashingtonPost and @NYTimes should be taken back. 

The entire episode was politically-motivated crap.

That is not something you should get a Pulitzer Prize for.

Someone needs to be held accountable for using the law as a political weapon and ruining innocent peoples’ lives.

Finally, my advice to those unfairly maligned by the bogus Crossfire Hurricane investigation would be to hire a good lawyer and sue the hell out of them. Those responsible for Crossfire Hurricane destroyed reputations and lives, all in the name of politics.

I hope they will prove me wrong and come out and make clear that the FBI and DOJ violated the constitutional protections of many, including Donald Trump, but I am not holding my breath.

Sadly, this report – that shines a bright light on problems at the FBI and DOJ – reinforces the narrative that the Rule of Law in America is subservient to political outcomes. It is a very dangerous development and moment in American history.

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC 

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
Re: The Russiagate conspiracy theory
« Reply #5140 on: May 17, 2023, 11:57:18 AM »
Given all the information that has come out over the years, I've decided in hindsight to rename this thread to something more precise.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: May 17, 2023, 01:31:56 PM »
Why not go along and rename the Covid thread "the Covid conspiracy"?

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5142 on: May 17, 2023, 01:51:28 PM »
Neven would be far more accurate to drop the 'theory' aspect.

Leaves too much wiggle room  ;D

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5143 on: May 17, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »
A four-year investigation conducted by U.S. Special Counsel John Durham has concluded that the FBI lacked “actual evidence” to investigate Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and relied too heavily on unproven claims in the Steele Dossier provided by Trump’s political opponents.
https://scheerpost.com/2023/05/14/special-counsel-reveals-2016-trump-russia-fbi-investigative-failure/

Here is an excerpt from the report detailing the FBI’s “confirmation bias:”

“Throughout the duration of Crossfire Hurricane, facts and circumstances that were
inconsistent with the premise that Trump and/or persons associated with the Trump campaign were involved in a collusive or conspiratorial relationship with the Russian government were ignored or simply assessed away. Indeed … from even before the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, some of those most directly involved in the subsequent investigation had (i) expressed their open disdain for Trump (ii) asked about when they would open an investigation on Trump, and (iii) asserted that they would prevent Trump from becoming President. As discussed throughout this report, our investigation revealed that the stated basis for opening a full investigation “to determine whether individual(s) associated with the Trump campaign [were] witting of and/or coordinating activities with the Government of Russia” 1746 was seriously flawed. Again, the FBI’s failure to critically analyze information that ran counter to the narrative of a Trump/Russia collusive relationship exhibited throughout Crossfire Hurricane is extremely troublesome. The evidence of the FBI’s confirmation bias in the matter, includes, at a minimum, the following information that was simply ignored or in some fashion rationalized away:

The Australian diplomats told Crossfire Hurricane investigators that Papadopoulos never stated that he had any direct contact with the Russians nor did he provide any explicit information about an offer of assistance.
    There was a complete lack of information from the Intelligence Community that corroborated the hypothesis upon which the Crossfire Hurricane investigation was predicated.
    The FBI generally ignored the significant exculpatory information provided by Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, and Trump Senior Foreign Policy Advisor-! during recorded conversations with FBI CHSs.
    The FBI failed to pursue investigative leads that were inconsistent with their theory of the case (e.g., Page’s recorded denials of having any relationship with Paul Manafort, a fact about which there was available evidence).
    The FBI failed to take Page up on the written offer he made to Director Corney to be interviewed about the allegations contained in Michael Isikoff s Yahoo 1 News article and instead opted to seek FISA surveillance of Page.
    The FBI was willing to make use of the completely unvetted and uncorroborated Steele reporting in multiple FISA applications targeting a U.S. citizen, even after the Crossfire Hurricane investigators had determined that there were major conflicts between the reporting of Steele and his primary sub-source, Igor Danchenko – conflicts the FBI incredibly failed to resolve.
    The Crossfire Hurricane investigators did not even ask Steele about his role in providing information to Michael Isikoff as contained in the September 23, 2016 Yahoo! News article – information that essentially accused Carter Page of colluding with the Russians. And thereafter the same investigators demonstrated a willingness to contort the plain language of the article to suggest it was not Steele but Steele’s employers who had given the information to Isikoff.
    The FBI ignored the fact that at no time before, during or after Crossfire Hurricane were investigators able to corroborate a single substantive allegation in the Steele dossier reporting.
    There was a complete failure on the part of the FBI to even examine – never mind resolve – the serious counterespionage issues surrounding Steele’s primary subsource, Igor Danchenko.
    The FBI leadership essentially disregarded the Clinton Plan intelligence, which it received at almost the exact same time as the Australian Paragraph Five information. This was despite the fact that at precisely the same time as the Clinton Plan intelligence was received (i) the Clinton campaign made public statements tying the DNC computer hack to Russian attempts to help Trump get elected, (ii) the FBI was receiving the Clinton campaign-funded Steele Reports, and (iii) the Clinton campaign-funded Alfa Bank allegations were being prepared for delivery to the media and the FBI.
    The Crossfire Hurricane investigators essentially ignored information they had received as early as October 2016 regarding Charles Dolan, a longtime Democratic operative with ties to the Clintons who also possessed significant ties to Russian government figures who would appear in the Steele reporting, and never interviewed him.
    The Crossfire Hurricane investigators provided only partial, and in some instances misleading, information to Department attorneys working on the Page FISA applications while withholding other highly relevant information from those attorneys and the FISC that might cast real doubt on their probable cause assertions.

The report concluded:

“Given the foregoing, and viewing the facts in a light most favorable to the Crossfire Hurricane investigators, it seems highly likely that, at a minimum, confirmation bias played a significant role in the FBI’s acceptance of extraordinarily serious allegations derived from uncorroborated information that had not been subjected to the typical exacting analysis employed by the FBI and other members of the Intelligence Community. In short, it is the Office’s assessment that the FBI discounted or willfully ignored material information that did not support the narrative of a collusive relationship between Trump and Russia. Similarly, the FBI Inspection Division Report says that the investigators ‘repeatedly ignore[d] or explain[ed] away evidence contrary to the theory the Trump campaign … had conspired with Russia …. It appeared that … there was a pattern of assuming nefarious intent.’ An objective and honest assessment of these strands of information should have caused the FBI to question not only the predication for Crossfire Hurricane, but also to reflect on whether the FBI was being manipulated for political or other purposes. Unfortunately, it did not.”

https://scheerpost.com/2023/05/14/special-counsel-reveals-2016-trump-russia-fbi-investigative-failure/

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #5144 on: May 17, 2023, 03:19:02 PM »
Why not go along and rename the Covid thread "the Covid conspiracy"?

There are some parallels between Russiagate and COVID in how fear was used to induce hysteria to further particular goals, but the analogy breaks down in other facets. Just as it took many years for Russiagate to be conclusively proven to be a conspiracy theory that didn't hold up, it's going to take a while for the COVID event and all of its elements to be described accurately.

Of course, most people won't care by then, and some will act as if the things that happened, never happened.

For instance, where do you find the fortitude and strength to deny that Russiagate is a (failed) conspiracy theory?
The enemy is within

E. Smith

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: May 17, 2023, 03:32:50 PM »
I care nothing about the Russiagate story, whether conspiracy or not. Ergo, I do not deny it, nor confirm it, I simply lack an opinion.
OTOH, I trust your personal judgement in the matter not one bit, as you have been visibly compromised by propaganda. This was the shaky basis of my (admittedly snarky) comment.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5146 on: May 18, 2023, 02:54:10 AM »
The people adore Oren's shaky reasoning, his unfounded assertions but especially his snarky ad hominem commentaries.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5147 on: May 19, 2023, 10:06:33 AM »
So Mercouris read the 300+ page Durham report mentions several things in 30 mins,

best part was info about HRC deciding july 2016 to create 'russiagate' as a diversion to email leaks etc, was discovered by russian intel and also came back to CIA via 3rd party nation, was reported to Obama WH in 2016 !!!!

Plus discussed by Brennan and Comey and yet it never was handed onto FBI investigators ... @ 12 mins.

a good chat about it - btm line the report is a cover up ...... ignores all kinds of things and people including US agents ... Misfud and so on.

https://odysee.com/@theduran:e/the-durham-report-and-coverup.-where-is:0 

The US is a joke.

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5148 on: May 19, 2023, 10:46:03 AM »
Join @MaxBlumenthal & @aaronjmate live at 430 PM EST today as they discuss the fallout from Russia's attack on Patriot batteries in Ukraine, the release of the Durham Report - From about 15 mins , Bellingcat's online meltdown, and much more.

https://twitter.com/TheGrayzoneNews/status/1659217218398298112 

OR

SeanAU

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Meta-Crisis
« Reply #5149 on: May 21, 2023, 05:34:54 PM »
( a journey through the news media psychobabble that was Russiagate )

Durham is Too Late to Stop the Madness
A Special Counsel report chronicles how intelligence agencies engineered a national hysteria, but its publication comes too late to reverse the damage
Matt Taibbi

I read Special Counsel John Durham’s “Report on Matters Related to Intelligence Activities and Investigations Arising Out of the 2016 Presidential Campaigns” yesterday in a state I can only describe as psychic exhaustion. As Sue Schmidt’s “Eight Key Takeaways” summary shows, the stuff in this report should kill the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory ten times over, but we know better than that. This story never dies. Every time you shoot at it, it splits into six new deep state fantasies.

I’ve given up. Nearly seven years ago this idiotic tale dropped in my relatively uncomplicated life like a grenade, upending professional relationships, friendships, even family life. Those of us in media who were skeptics or even just uninterested were cast out as from a religious sect — colleagues unironically called us “denialists” — denounced in the best case as pathological wreckers and refuseniks, in the worst as literal agents of the FSB.

Especially through March 22, 2019, when the devastating news broke that the report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller would be delivered without new indictments, the vehemence of this national wig-out was breathtaking. Jail-Trumpism truly became a religion during this time. I remember walking down the corridor of our Jersey City apartment building to walk the dog, hearing Rachel Maddow’s nightly crazy-casts blasting out from behind door after door, like the Songs of Angkar filling a Cambodian village.

https://www.racket.news/p/durham-is-too-late-to-stop-the-madness