Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Elsevier's new "Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments" Journal  (Read 6251 times)

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
It's of great interest to me, and just in case it's of any interest to anyone else I though I'd mention it here. Hot off the presses from Elsevier:

Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments is a venue for the comparative analyses of energy generation, storage, and conversion systems and their impact on the environment, economics and policy.

FREE online in 2013
Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments will be FREE online in 2013 and the first issue is available to read now.

You may wish to take a good look around before they erect a paywall.

P.S. I've changed the link to go to the ToC rather than the "Editorial"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:27:29 PM by Jim Hunt »
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:22:34 PM »
Just a couple quick notes:  (1) Even with all the sustainable energy additions to our energy mix over the last 10 years (solar, wind, etc)...as noted in the article....the worlds percentage of energy produced by sustainable energy sources has DECREASED OVER THE LAST 10 years because the increase in energy demand has increased at a fast rate than the addition of new sustainable energy sources, (2) looks like sustainable energy sources have "bottomed out" over the past year and are heading UP over coming years (FSLR, GE, SPWR, ENPH, etc, etc, etc).

The need for more and more renewable energy is just starting.  Once people figure out that fracking is poisoning the planet.....once China figures out just how poisonous their country has become....the "push" for clean energy will become a shove.
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »
One other thing.....a "carbon tax" in the US WILL happen eventually.  It's not a matter of IF...it's a matter of "when".  I expect talks to become serious in the next year or two.  By then....even the ostrich's will have figured out that the only way out....is to lower fossil fuel emissions QUICKLY.

As an investment....oil will likely be the "ultimate short play" (ie...the price of oil stocks will go down) eventually.  Oil and gas looks like it might have one more BIG RUN UP over the next two or three years, but after that....it will be a long and painful journey south for oil and gas stocks.
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
Hi Buddy,

Thanks for your input. I'd intended this topic to be about the new learned journal. Maybe it would be more appropriate for general comments about a carbon tax etc. to go in the existing "Will Renewable Energy 'Solve Global Warming'?" thread?

I've changed the title of this one to try and make that distinction clearer.

Cheers,

Jim
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg