Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Canadian melting  (Read 3022 times)

Downpuppy

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
Canadian melting
« on: July 05, 2019, 03:49:29 AM »

magnamentis

Re: Canadian melting
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 03:19:07 PM »
A nice general interest article on the changes in Northern Canada is at http://projects.thestar.com/climate-change-canada/nunavut/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=Project_PageShare&utm_campaign_id=NationalNews&utm_content=UndeniableNunavut&utm_source=twitter&source=torontostar&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=&utm_campaign_id=&utm_content=

Nothing earth shattering, except a lot of detail on how Iqaluit is having to deal with the ice it's built on turning to mud

thanks for the link, my best friend who lives in N.S.is desperately waiting for that warmth while of course it means no good for the future.

interestingly if i read correctly, quebec as well got warmer which is not a good omen for those who predicted a re-glaciation for that region. [one for the veteran insiders LOL]

in serious now i indeed thank you for the information, much to learn about how certain things work and what to expect.

johnm33

Re: Canadian melting
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 06:35:47 PM »
Nothing in that article gives me any confidence that Canadas permafrost won't retreat for hundreds of miles. Does anyone know how of a map showing the depth of bedrock? Perhaps the information is wrapped up in local building practice/codes about depths of piles to reach bedrock.