Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Who should be the Democratic nominee for President in 2020?  (Read 36213 times)

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
  • Fans of Hans Club - circa 2018
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 576
  • Likes Given: 820
Re: Who should be the Democratic nominee for President in 2020?
« Reply #700 on: November 11, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »
Although her bad performance (i.e as a prosecutor (i.e. put poor people into prison when they went to work to feed their kids and couldn't watch their kids at the same time)) was public knowledge before the debates, i take that argument. I have no other one. ;)
Refugees welcome

Ktb

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #701 on: November 12, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »
I'm really surprised that Harris imploded as she did.

Any theories on that?

Whether or not you believe her is one thing, but when she laughed and made jokes about smoking weed in college while doing PR on a radio show AND THEN put people in jail for small amounts of marijuana just showed how disingenuous she really was. I found that disgusting.
I have amazing news for you. Man is not alone on this planet. He is part of a community, upon which he depends absolutely.
- Ishmael

sedziobs

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 33
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #702 on: November 12, 2019, 04:02:29 PM »
Gabbard with 6% in today's Quinnipiac New Hampshire poll, good for 5th place (top 4 below). She's just one poll away from qualifying for the December debate. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, and Klobuchar have already qualified. Gabbard, Yang, and Steyer need one or two more polls in the next month or so.

Biden 20%
Warren 16%
Buttigieg 15%
Sanders 14%

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 12, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
I found that disgusting.

Thanks for pointing it out, Ktb. I completely agree.
Refugees welcome

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 12, 2019, 07:16:56 PM »
The most attentive readers of this thread might have picked up that i like Bernie because he is so stubborn and consequent on the issues.

Bernie Sanders returned $470 from the only billionaire who donated to his campaign

Link >> https://theweek.com/speedreads/877890/bernie-sanders-returned-470-from-only-billionaire-who-donated-campaign

QED!
Refugees welcome

blumenkraft

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: November 12, 2019, 09:06:55 PM »
Sanders Calls Out Warren's Terrible Medicare For All Plan

Refugees welcome

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 406
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #706 on: November 12, 2019, 09:44:27 PM »
Gabbard with 6% in today's Quinnipiac New Hampshire poll, good for 5th place (top 4 below). She's just one poll away from qualifying for the December debate. Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Harris, and Klobuchar have already qualified. Gabbard, Yang, and Steyer need one or two more polls in the next month or so.

Biden 20%
Warren 16%
Buttigieg 15%
Sanders 14%
I'm unsure whether Tulsi is running for a chance to challenge for presidency, or for a chance to influence the debates & possibly be chosen as a VP partner. We need a candidate that's serious about peace.

Her expertise is strongest WRT foreign policy, and having her on the ticket could shore up any perceptions of foreign policy weakness that every candidate with the exception of Biden might face. Her progressive credentials are also strong and there is the very real possibility that the DNC will shove a Corporate Democrat into the top position & find that they need someone on the ticket to keep the Progressive Democrats from sitting out the election.

I'd find a possible Saunders/Tulsi ticket to my liking, but could be persuaded to support almost any Democratic ticket that included either in either position. Tulsi's age relative to the leaders is another positive.

I personally detest Biden and would have a difficulty supporting him regardless of whom he was partnered with. I still feel that Warren would lose the election, primarily because of her Pocahontas baggage. She says many of the right things, but Trump and the Republicans will beat her like an overstuffed pinata.

I'm Canadian and have enough troubles with our elections. The wife's Canadian Citizenship hasn't come through yet but she's determined to sit this one out, though if Tulsi or Saunders should appear on the ballot I might be motivated to try to change her mind.
Terry

sedziobs

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 33
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #707 on: November 12, 2019, 10:45:03 PM »
It seems like Tulsi's anti-establishment rhetoric will prevent her from teaming with anyone but Sanders, a pairing that wouldn't do much to build a coalition. She could pair with Yang, but I think they're both in the same boat (neither has a realistic shot at the top of the ticket). I want to see Gabbard and Yang stick around through all of the pre-Iowa debates to keep their issues at the forefront, but then I wouldn't mind some consolidation.

Buttigieg's recent success is good for progressives in my opinion. He has moved more to the center and taken from Biden's supporters in the early states. Buttigieg actually topped today's Iowa poll. It's important to prevent Biden from winning Iowa because he's polling ahead in South Carolina by huge margins. 

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 406
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #708 on: November 12, 2019, 11:37:21 PM »
^^
Raman!

Keeping Biden in check is imperative.
Terry