Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Ukraine, Nazis and western support  (Read 74389 times)

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1047
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ukraine, Nazis and western support
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2017, 09:54:42 AM »
You have your opinions on the evidence and others have others.

Now as to current neo nazi influence in Ukrainian politics: the People's Front party have 82 seats.

A founder was a guy called Andriy Parubiy who asked that " the European Parliament to reconsider its negative reaction to former Ukrainian President Victor Yushchenko's decision to award Stepan Bandera, the leader of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists, the title of Hero of Ukraine" 

"In 1991 he founded the Social-National Party of Ukraine together with Oleh Tyahnybok" who is another charmer, look him up.

Parubiy was feted by McCain and Ryan

https://www.alternet.org/grayzone-project/john-mccain-and-paul-ryan-hold-good-meeting-veteran-ukrainian-nazi-demagogue-andriy

Another leading light of the People's Front is Arsen Avakov. Now that boy is describd in Wikipedia as drawing the ire of a rabbi:

"In November 2014, Ukraine's chief rabbi Yaakov Bleich condemned Avakov's appointment of Azov Battalion deputy commander and leading Patriot of Ukraine member Vadym Troyan as Kiev Oblast police chief, and demanded that "if the interior minister continues to appoint people of questionable repute and ideologies tainted with fascism and right-wing extremism, the interior minister should be replaced."

The People's Front has a military council [Wikipedia] including

Andriy Biletsky, commander of the Azov Battalion
Ihor Lapin, company commander of the Aidar Battalion

Look up the Aidar and Azov batallions, is instructive.

I'm afraid that rebranding doesn't quite work any more. These guys are nazis and the USA under Obama openly got in bed with them after decades of covert support to Bandera's descendants.  So sad.

sidd

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
Now as to current neo nazi influence in Ukrainian politics: the People's Front party have 82 seats.

A founder was a guy called Andriy Parubiy who asked that " the European Parliament to reconsider its negative reaction to former Ukrainian President Victor Yushchenko's decision to award Stepan Bandera, the leader of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists, the title of Hero of Ukraine" 

"In 1991 he founded the Social-National Party of Ukraine together with Oleh Tyahnybok" who is another charmer, look him up.

Yes. That was Svoboda. 4.7% of the vote.
You are going in circles, sidd.

But I see where you are going. You want to link one person that founded Svoboda to a more popular middle of the road party, and then sort of extend what that person said at one point to that entire party.

I get it.

What I don't get is WHY ?
WHY are you so determined to put the stamp of Nazi on the Ukrainian democracy ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:28:09 AM by Rob Dekker »
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »
The People's Front has a military council [Wikipedia] including

Andriy Biletsky, commander of the Azov Battalion
Ihor Lapin, company commander of the Aidar Battalion

Look up the Aidar and Azov batallions, is instructive.

Interesting, since both these batallions are funded by a jew (Ihor Kolomoyskyi).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi

Are you now claiming that Ihor is a Nazi too ?
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
Interesting, since both these batallions are funded by a jew (Ihor Kolomoyskyi).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi

Are you now claiming that Ihor is a Nazi too ?

Either that, or he is part of that small group of people who'll do anything to further their agenda (get more money and power, by helping the mountain of concentrated wealth grow bigger), not thinking along lines of borders or race. Just like super-corrupt Yanukovych trying to prop up Svoboda (a Pied Piper strategy of sorts).
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 19, 2017, 07:50:42 AM »
Either that, or he is part of that small group of people who'll do anything to further their agenda (get more money and power, by helping the mountain of concentrated wealth grow bigger), not thinking along lines of borders or race. Just like super-corrupt Yanukovych trying to prop up Svoboda (a Pied Piper strategy of sorts).

So the choice for Kolomoyskyi is to be either a Nazi Jew (that would be a first), or a greedy person "who'll do anything to further their agenda " ?

No space for anything in between ?
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2017, 10:05:18 AM »

So the choice for Kolomoyskyi is to be either a Nazi Jew (that would be a first), or a greedy person "who'll do anything to further their agenda " ?

No space for anything in between ?

That's how it looks to me, based on his resume.

From the Wikipedia link you posted:

Kolomoyskyi has used Privat's "quasi-military forces" to enforce hostile takeovers of companies, sending a team of "hired rowdies armed with baseball bats, iron bars, gas and rubber bullet pistols and chainsaws" to forcibly take over a Kremenchuk steel plant in 2006, and has used "a mix of phony court orders (often involving corrupt judges and/or registrars) and strong-arm tactics" to replace directors on the boards of companies he purchases stakes in. Kolomoyskyi was criticized by Mr Justice Mann in a court case in London involving an attempted hostile takeover of an oil company, with the judge stating that he had "a reputation of having sought to take control of a company at gunpoint in Ukraine" and that there were "strong grounds for doubting the honesty of Mr Kolomoyskyi"

In March 2015, after the dismissal of Oleksandr Lazorko, who was a protege of Kolomoyskyi, as a chief executive of UkrTransNafta, Ukraine's state-owned oil pipeline operator, men reported to be Kolomoyskyi's personal militia raided the UkrTransNafta's headquarters to expel the new government-appointed chief from the office. While Lazorko was in charge the state-owned pipelines had been delivering oil to an Kolomoisky-owned refinery in preference to competitors. According to Kolomoyskyi the raids were done with the aim to protect the companies from raiders and he related to it as a "PR-stunt to improve the ratings of smaller parties".

Kolomoyski is a prominent supporter of Ukraine's Jewish community and the president of the United Jewish Community of Ukraine. In 2010, he was appointed as the president of the European Council of Jewish Communities after promising the outgoing president he would donate $14 million, with his appointment being described as a "putsch"[48][49] and a "Soviet-style takeover" by other EJCJ board members. After several ECJC board members resigned in protest, Kolomyski quit the ECJC and, together with fellow Ukrainian oligarch Vadim Rabinovich, founded the European Jewish Union.

To me this all sounds like a person who is willing to go any lengths to obtain what he deems as necessary to protect or further his interests (like all Russian/Ukrainian oligarchs). Someone with such a mindset probably doesn't think along lines of Jew/Nazi or my country/other country, like you and I do. You don't become a billionaire oligarch just like that. And extreme-right Jews have known to exist. Maybe he doesn't care so much about Azov's background, as long as they do things that further his agenda (like getting back his Crimean assets or whatever).
The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2017, 06:42:09 PM »
The guy is an equal opportunity looter, grabbed billions from PrivatBank, while the auditor(PwC) turned a blind eye. PwC lost their license in Ukraine after that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine-privatbank-idUSL5N1KF1SE

Now he is involved in another shady deal being dragged throu UK courts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10454347/Oligarchs-at-war-in-the-British-courts.html

Just another crook.

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2017, 07:49:16 PM »
The guy is an equal opportunity looter, grabbed billions from PrivatBank, while the auditor(PwC) turned a blind eye. PwC lost their license in Ukraine after that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine-privatbank-idUSL5N1KF1SE

Now he is involved in another shady deal being dragged throu UK courts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/10454347/Oligarchs-at-war-in-the-British-courts.html

Just another crook.

sidd
Like Vito Corleone was just another Italian immigrant.

Ihor gives crooks a bad name.
Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2017, 04:39:17 AM »
Yeah. I did not do fact checking on Kolomoisky, but by the looks of it he is one of the reasons why Ukraine is considered so corrupt.

Poroshenko even went head-to-head with him in a crack-down on corrupt oligarchs in Ukraine :
http://www.politico.eu/article/star-wars-in-ukraine-poroshenko-vs-kolomoisky/

Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2017, 07:07:29 AM »
It is a bit off-subject, but since 'corruption' came up as a major issue, the recent uprising in Ukraine deserves attention :
http://www.newsweek.com/war-against-corruption-ukraine-hots-690245

People in Ukraine are sick and tired of corruption in their nation.
They make it to the street, and protest. Especially the military veterans that fought the Russians in Donbass.

I wonder. Do people like Terry and Sidd still suggest that these people that are taking to the streets now are still Nazis (after all, there are many military among them), or is this latest uprising a true uprising of the people against corruption in their nation ?
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2017, 07:44:19 AM »
Well, i can't speak for "people like Terry," but if you wish to discuss Nazis in the Ukraine, I ask what this anti corruption demonstration has to do with the issue ?

If your point is that there are non Nazis in the Ukraine, I gladly concede.

sidd

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2017, 08:10:31 AM »
Well, i can't speak for "people like Terry," but if you wish to discuss Nazis in the Ukraine, I ask what this anti corruption demonstration has to do with the issue ?

OK. The question is if in your opinion this recent uprising in Ukraine is further proof of
"western powers aiding Nazi groups in the Ukraine" as you suggested the Maidan was, or if this uprising is (in your opinion) finally a real uprising of the people of Ukraine ?
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2017, 08:33:14 AM »
I have no idea what this demonstration has to do with Nazis. Perhaps someone has evidence for or against Nazi participation ? If not, perhaps take it to another thread ?

sidd

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2017, 08:38:51 AM »
Sidd said "I have no idea what this demonstration has to do with Nazis. "

So then why would you think that any previous uprising in Ukraine (specifically the EuroMaidan) has anything to do with Nazis (or western support thereof) ?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:55:24 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2017, 09:01:45 AM »
Odd. I cannot find any post of mine that mentions Euromaidan, except one in the title of the link i posted

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/09/stepan-bandera-nationalist-euromaidan-right-sector/

But the excerpts i included had nothing to do with euromaidan, and were a historical look at Bandera.

sidd

Avalonian

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:27 AM »

So then why would you think that any previous uprising in Ukraine (specifically the EuroMaidan) has anything to do with Nazis (or western support thereof) ?

I don't have any axe to grind here, but that's just bad reasoning, Rob. It reminds me of a "mock" (very mock indeed) undergraduate maths exam question I saw once: "Prove by induction that since you couldn't answer the first question, you won't be able to answer any of the other questions either."  ;)

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:44 AM »
Odd. I cannot find any post of mine that mentions Euromaidan, except one in the title of the link i posted

Oh. C'mon sidd. In the very first post in this thread you mention :

"detailing the long and sordid history of western collaboration with Nazis in the Ukraine:"

referencing this thread :
https://shadowproof.com/2014/08/09/cia-intervention-in-ukraine-has-been-taking-place-for-decades/

which suggests :

today’s EuroMaidan heroes of yesteryear were in fact trained by the Gestapo and took part in the Holocaust.

and

Of all the aspects of the current crisis over the NATO/Russia standoff in Ukraine, the determined intervention into Ukrainian political affairs by the United States has been the least reported, at least until recently.

and

But the current crisis in Ukraine, which pits a U.S.-backed coalition, which includes neo-Nazis, ...

Which suggests you really believe that Euromaidan was instigated by western backed neo-Nazis in Ukraine.

If you did not intend to mean that, than please please say so.

The question remains :
In your opinion is this recent uprising in Ukraine is further proof of
"western powers aiding Nazi groups in the Ukraine" as you suggested the Maidan was, or if this uprising is (in your opinion) finally a real uprising of the people of Ukraine ?
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

I don't have any axe to grind here, but that's just bad reasoning, Rob.

Not really. If sidd has no idea what the current demonstrations have to do with Nazis, then why does he believe the past demonstrations do ?
Let's not waste either.

Avalonian

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2017, 10:25:42 AM »
Because having studied one event in detail does not presuppose that s/he's studied all similar events in detail. 

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2017, 09:32:55 PM »
I believe that

1) There were Nazis participating in the Euromaidan protests

2) Those nazis were the direct descentans of Bandera

I do not believe that Euromaidan was exclusively Nazi. The shadowproof article makes no such claim either.

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »
I believe that

I do not believe that Euromaidan was exclusively Nazi. The shadowproof article makes no such claim either.

sidd

sidd
At some point the "bring me another rock" spoof has to end.

People that aren't convinced by swastikas won't be convinced by wolfs-angle flags. People that aren't convinced when a "parliamentarian" shouts out a few "Heil Hitlers" wont be convinced when he claims to be fighting for a "white Europe". People that witness a coup and insist that it's OK because the perpetrators made new laws to cover their crime are not serious people.

The rocks are there and plenty of them. At some point people are responsible for their own education.

Avalonian
Nice to hear the crisp peel of logic through the darkening miasma.

Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2017, 04:26:02 AM »
Because having studied one event in detail does not presuppose that s/he's studied all similar events in detail.

True. He probably did not have time to analyze the recent demonstrations. Which is fine.

But if he "studied one event in detail" then he should be able to present SOME evidence of Nazis in past demonstrations (like Euromaidan). Let alone any "western support" of them.

He didn't.

That's why I asked "why does he believe the past demonstrations do" have anything to do with Nazis ?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:18:47 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2017, 04:32:35 AM »
I believe that

Seriously, that's it ?

Nobody claims that there were no Nazis in Euromaidan.
And neither does anyone claim that Euromaidan was exclusively Nazi.

Either way, it would be nice if you could provide some evidence of "Nazis participating in the Euromaidan protests". You know, some pictures, or videos with chants like "Jews will not replace us", or so, like the Charlotteville protesters...

And after that some evidence that these Nazis were "direct descentans of Bandera".
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:51:46 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:47 AM »
People that aren't convinced by swastikas won't be convinced by wolfs-angle flags. People that aren't convinced when a "parliamentarian" shouts out a few "Heil Hitlers" wont be convinced when he claims to be fighting for a "white Europe". People that witness a coup and insist that it's OK because the perpetrators made new laws to cover their crime are not serious people.

Terry, could you kindly provide some evidence for the bolded claims ?
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2017, 05:59:26 AM »
"At some point the "bring me another rock" spoof has to end."

Apparently not. I fully expect it to continue for ever, since historical revisionism never ends.

But as for me, I am done for the moment. I have stated my evidence for the thesis that Western powers have supported Nazis in the Ukraine since the second world war. I do not intend to repeat it. As and when I happen to find new evidence I shall post it.

sidd

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »
"At some point the "bring me another rock" spoof has to end."

Apparently not. I fully expect it to continue for ever, since historical revisionism never ends.

Ah. Now the excuse is "historical revisionism" ?
I'm sorry, but Internet has a very good memory.

So far neither you nor Terry has come up with a 'rock'.
Just soap bubbles that were popped one by one.

Can you guys please consider the obvious, that maybe you have been ill-informed by Russian propaganda ?

Still waiting for some evidence of Nazis in Ukraine during the Euromaidan, western support of them, and a challenge to of the evidence presented, that Russian forces are the ones killing Ukrainian civilians in the Donbass.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:22:59 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2017, 03:20:33 AM »
I should remark that anti-semitism in Ukraine precedes the Nazis, Bandera was not the first by any means, though viler than most.  Symon Petliura was head of state  and army in 1919-1920 and his forces killed several tens of thousands of Jews. Apparently Petliura wasn't personally antisemitic (some of his best friencds were Jewish, no doubt ...) , but he stood aside: " "it is a pity that pogroms take place, but they uphold the discipline of the army." [Wikipedia]

As part of the the rehab of Ukrainian history, a statue has just been erected of Petilura. Quite unsurprisingly, some people object to that.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ukraine-honors-nationalist-whose-troops-killed-50000-jews/

sidd

Alexander555

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2018, 01:15:32 PM »
And the same is happening in India. The hindu nationalists are already in power for several years. A little more population growth, and a little more water stress, and little more air pollution.... And you have a full scale nazi army, with nuclear arms, hundreds of millions strong.

Hefaistos

« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2018, 10:41:03 PM »
Atlantic Council now tells us there is a real problem with nazis in Ukraine
"Ukraine’s Got a Real Problem with Far-Right Violence (And No, RT Didn’t Write This Headline)"

http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/ukraine-s-got-a-real-problem-with-far-right-violence-and-no-rt-didn-t-write-this-headline

Hefaistos

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
Israel supplying weapons to Azov neo-nazi brigade:
"Avoz’s young founder and first military commander Andriy Biletsky is today a lawmaker in the Ukrainian parliament. ... Biletsky in 2014 wrote that “the historic mission of our nation in this critical moment is to lead the white races of the world in a final crusade for their survival. A crusade against the Semite-led untermenschen.”

https://electronicintifada.net/content/israel-arming-neo-nazis-ukraine/24876

The Azov Battalion has received teams of American military advisors and high powered US-made weapons.
https://grayzoneproject.com/2018/04/07/the-us-is-arming-and-assisting-neo-nazis-in-ukraine-while-congress-debates-prohibition/

"U.S. corporate media spent years dismissing the role of neo-Nazis in Ukraine’s 2014 coup but it is suddenly going through a conversion, as Daniel Lazare reports."

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/07/05/corporate-medias-about-face-on-ukraines-neo-nazis/

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2018, 05:33:14 AM »
"Israel supplying weapons to Azov neo-nazi brigade:"

We are truly in a post reality world.

sidd

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Susan Anderson

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 279
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2018, 07:53:20 PM »
@Neven: We now have a one-party government, thanks to the divisiveness on the Democratic side that lost the last election. Democrats don't get a voice in Congress. They're in the minority. The majority owns everything now (elected by a minority, but they will amp up the cheating with a complicit Supreme Court as well).

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 20, 2018, 10:39:24 PM »
Blowback: US funded Nazis in the Ukraine train and ally with white supremacists in the USA:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/11/17/blowback-us-funded-ukraine-neo-nazis-mentor-us-white-supremacists/

sidd

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2018, 03:26:10 AM »
Blowback: US funded Nazis in the Ukraine train and ally with white supremacists in the USA:

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/11/17/blowback-us-funded-ukraine-neo-nazis-mentor-us-white-supremacists/

sidd

I can't wait for the kid's camps they'll be opening at Huntington Beach.

https://www.mintpressnews.com/training-kids-to-kill-at-a-far-right-nationalist-summer-camp-in-ukraine/251845/

“We never aim guns at people,” instructor Yuri “Chornota” Cherkashin tells the children. “But we don’t count separatists, little green men, occupiers from Moscow, as people. So we can and should aim at them.”

Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
Two possibly unrelated incidents:

1)
Al-Nustra has fired chemical weapons into a residential section of Aleppo injuring ~100 civilians. Syria asks the UN to step in.

https://www.rt.com/news/444829-syria-toxic-attack-un/

As the international outrage grows,

2)
A Ukrainian tugboat accompanying 3 Ukrainian war ships stops directly in the path of a RF coast guard ship, then claims it was "rammed". The RF uses an empty freighter to block Kerch Strait. Russia and Ukraine each claim to have been fired on by the other.

Similar incidents have been the cause of major conflicts in the past. Remember the Maine, remember the Gulf of Tonkin, remember the Lusitania.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-ukraine-russia-opens-fire-ukrainian-vessels-59405716

3)?
Episode #1 is no longer the biggest story in MSM, and a very embarrassing episode that certainly lends credibility to the proposition that it has been the rebels using chemical weapons in Syria all along may be swept under the rug.

3)?
If Russia's newly completed bridge is damaged or destroyed, President Putin's amazing ability to turn the other cheek will be sorely tested.

Terry

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »
Well, this is what the Ukrainians are claiming, and how it seems to be getting reported in some of the Western press:

Russia opened fire on its navy ships in the Kirch Strait

https://www.axios.com/russia-ukraine-crimea-kerch-strait-blockade-6a87f120-3a20-40ad-ae40-4cedce5cad8c.html

Russia fires on and seizes Ukraine ships

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46338671

Three Ukraine navy boats captured by Russian special forces following firefight

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-navy-russia-ship-fire-attack-crimea-artillery-war-kerch-strait-a8651321.html
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Human Habitat Index

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »

1)
Al-Nustra has fired chemical weapons into a residential section of Aleppo injuring ~100 civilians. Syria asks the UN to step in.

2)
A Ukrainian tugboat accompanying 3 Ukrainian war ships stops directly in the path of a RF coast guard ship, then claims it was "rammed". The RF uses an empty freighter to block Kerch Strait. Russia and Ukraine each claim to have been fired on by the other.

Similar incidents have been the cause of major conflicts in the past. Remember the Maine, remember the Gulf of Tonkin, remember the Lusitania.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-ukraine-russia-opens-fire-ukrainian-vessels-59405716

3)?
Episode #1 is no longer the biggest story in MSM, and a very embarrassing episode that certainly lends credibility to the proposition that it has been the rebels using chemical weapons in Syria all along may be swept under the rug.

3)?
If Russia's newly completed bridge is damaged or destroyed, President Putin's amazing ability to turn the other cheek will be sorely tested.

Terry

Are you aware Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag ?

As are chemical attacks in Syria.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation. - Herbert Spencer

Human Habitat Index

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
Former chief of Ukraine’s Security Service has confirmed allegations that snipers who killed dozens of people during the violent unrest in Kiev operated from a building controlled by the opposition on Maidan square.

Shots that killed both civilians and police officers were fired from the Philharmonic Hall building in Ukraine’s capital, former head of the Security Service of Ukraine Aleksandr Yakimenko told Russia 1 channel. The building was under full control of the opposition and particularly the so-called Commandant of Maidan self-defense Andrey Parubiy who after the coup was appointed as the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, Yakimenko added.

So the chief of the government’s security forces, the head of the opposition’s security forces, and the snipers themselves  all admit the snipers were killing both protesters and police.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/another-false-flag-terror-admission-snipers-in-the-2014-ukraine-protests/5618774

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation. - Herbert Spencer

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2018, 01:04:17 AM »

1)

2)

3)?

3)?

Terry

Are you aware Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag ?

As are chemical attacks in Syria.

Very much so. The Maine was also not the result of enemy fire and the Lusitania has been found to have been illicitly carrying arms and ammunition.
With this long history of false flags I'm particularly suspicious of naval events that lead to escalations.

I believe that the Sea of Azov events were initiated to bury the news of the chemical attacks by the rebels in Syria. Poroshenko's unpopularity at the polls, and his bid to declare martial law has been cited by a BBC stringer as another possibility for this provocation.

Terry

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2018, 01:33:53 AM »
I don't speak the language, but this sounds suspiciously like the bridge of the Russian ship screaming at the Ukrainian tug to get the Hell out of the way.

The tug obviously swung in front of the Russian ship and stopped, and just as obviously caused the collision.

https://southfront.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/2-1.mp4?_=1

The Texas accented English drawl (from ~16 sec.) coming from the "Ukrainian" tug makes me question just who was directing the whole operation.

If a Russian speaker could translate it might help.

Terry

Human Habitat Index

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2018, 04:54:02 AM »
Good research, Terry  :)

Red

« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
https://www.greanvillepost.com/2018/11/25/russia-blocks-ukrainian-navy-from-militarizing-the-sea-of-azov/

The Ukrainian government under the oligarch Petro Poroshenko is in election campaign mode. That is one reason why it is launching new provocations against Russia. Yesterday Ukrainian forces occupied a town within the neutral zone between the government controlled part and the rebel held Donetsk area. Today the Ukrainian navy sent a tug and two small gun boats, recently acquired from the U.S. Coast Guard, to pass through the Kerch Strait into the Sea of Azov.
When the ships entered Russian waters without announcing their intent, a Russian coast guard ship rammed and damaged the tug. The two gun boats escaped but did not pass the strait.With Crimea back in Russian hands the Kerch Strait is solely Russian territory. The Treaty on the Legal Status of the Sea of Azov and the Kerch Strait, signed in 2003 by Russia and the Ukraine, provides that military ship entry into the sea is only allowed with mutual consent. Ukraine disputes the status of the sea in an arbitration court. (For a legal discussion of the case see 1, 2, 3.)
The Ukrainian government, urged on by the U.S., wants to establish a new military harbor in the Sea of Azov. Two of its navy ships, a rescue vessel and a tug, passed through the street on September 23. In October the Russian government warned that it will not allow any further militarization of the sea. Some U.S. hawks even want NATO ships to enter the Sea of Azov. The Sea of Azov has a maximum depth of 7 meters. Typical U.S. frigates have a draft of 10+ meters. What NATO or U.S. ship could even go there? As Russia firmly controls the sole entry point into the sea and can easily attack any ship in the Sea of Azov from within its borders the idea is incredibly stupid.

The Kerch Strait is now blocked by a large cargo ship the Russians anchored under the new Kerch bridge.
 Another POV:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/world/article-russia-blocks-three-ukrainian-navy-ships-from-entering-sea-of-azov/?intcmp=notifications

The portion of the Black Sea where the confrontation unfolded is a swirl of contested borders and disputed rights to access through the strait.

After annexing the Crimean Peninsula in 2014, Russia claimed territorial waters off the peninsula’s coast that Ukraine does not recognize.

Ukraine claims a right to patrol in the entire Sea of Azov under a treaty with Russia designating the sea as shared territorial water. The treaty was signed long before relations curdled after street protesters overthrew a pro-Russian leader of Ukraine in 2014.

Ukraine says Russia’s actions have violated the treaty, as well as the U.N. Law of the Sea, which should guarantee access through the strait. Russian officials said the Ukrainian ships were manoeuvring dangerously, requiring the strait to be temporarily closed for safety.

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, in a statement carried by Ukrainian media, came down on Ukraine’s side in the dispute. “NATO fully supports the sovereignty of Ukraine and its territorial integrity, including its rights to navigation in its own territorial waters,” said the statement, which was carried in newspaper Ukrainska Pravda.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:40:09 AM by Red »

Human Habitat Index

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »

One day the leaks will also come out that it indeed was a Ukraine Buk missile that shot down MH17 as well I suspect. Some of us may be dead and buried by the time that happens and is finally accepted as the truth of it.
[/quote]

"TWA Flight 800 (TWA 800), a Boeing 747-100, exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996. (...) Initial witness descriptions led many to believe the cause of the crash was a bomb or surface-to-air missile attack."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_800

"Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 (MH17/MAS17) was a scheduled international passenger flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur that crashed on 17 July 2014; it is believed to have been shot down with a surface-to-air missile."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_A ... _Flight_17

18 years exactly

https://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1732

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2018, 10:49:26 PM »
HHI
There is a lot of information re. the Kerch Straits episode than we're privy to.

When and how was the Izunrud damaged?
There is a gaping hole high on her starboard quarter. Far too high above water to have been the result of a collision with the very low freeboard tug boat, and I think too high to have been he result of a collision with the tiny 54 ton gunboats

The only Ukrainian ship in the Azov Sea large enough to have caused such damage is the Donbass, presently listed as a "Command Vessel", but originally the Soviet repair ship PM-9. The Donbass has been based in the Sea of Azov since September 23 when the tug Korets also passed through the strait.
The Korets was the possibly American captained tug that swerved in front of the Don and sustained damage to her starboard quarter.
AFAIK there has been no mention of the Donbass WRT yesterday's actions.

Why is no one else mentioning English broadcasts from the Ukrainian tug at he time of the collision?
Russians, Ukrainians, Americans and other governments must have gone through the audio files from the time of the collision with a fine toothed comb. Why isn't anyone mentioning this anomaly?
I'll wait one more day before mentioning it at some sites that are reporting on the incident, but the silence from all sides seems strange.

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fliveuamap.com%2Fpics%2F2018%2F11%2F25%2F21747727_0.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fliveuamap.com%2Fen%2F2018%2F25-november-photo-russian-rfcgs-354-izumrud-a-rubin-class&docid=K_j6MMoQVrxMZM&tbnid=TS1ajucbGXLoyM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj1_-mSg_PeAhUmTd8KHcMyAdgQMwg9KAAwAA..i&w=1024&h=768&bih=431&biw=877&q=RFCGS%20Izumrud%20(354)&ved=0ahUKEwj1_-mSg_PeAhUmTd8KHcMyAdgQMwg9KAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_naval_base_(Ukraine)

http://tass.com/politics/1022937

Terry

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2018, 08:59:52 AM »
HHI
There is a lot of information re. the Kerch Straits episode than we're privy to.

When and how was the Izunrud damaged?
There is a gaping hole high on her starboard quarter. Far too high above water to have been the result of a collision with the very low freeboard tug boat, and I think too high to have been he result of a collision with the tiny 54 ton gunboats

With all that wild bullying against the Ukrainian tug-boat and shooting at Ukrainian Navy vessels, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian "Don" ship accidentally crashed into the "Izumrod"...

Here : watch at 2:28 :

Bunch of morons...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:04:57 AM by Rob Dekker »
Let's not waste either.

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »
Lurk, you forgot to include the link to the RT article where you obtained that drivel about that "coup" in Ukraine.

Did you think including that link would be a too obvious sign of your pro-Putin bias ?
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
Enough is enough. It's time the US starts bombing the hell out of Russia (and Iran and China while you're at it, drop them freedom bombs). Everyone agrees. Mattis, Pompeo, Bolton, the Atlantic Council, Lockheed, Clinton, Raytheon, Kristol, Boeing, Browder, Northtrop Gumman, Gisser, Dekker.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2018, 03:10:58 AM »
Hey Neven, look :

Your #2 HERO planned to give your #1 HERO the $50 Million Penthouse In your #2 HERO Tower Moscow :

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/anthonycormier/the-trump-organization-planned-to-give-vladimir-putin-the

And, look here :
Your #4 HERO is pal-ing up with your #1 HERO while your #2 HERO wished he could join :

Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »
And you are their HERO, Rob. These people would be nowhere without you.
The enemy is within

E. Smith