Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Who should be the Democratic nominee for President in 2020?  (Read 63519 times)

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Who should be the Democratic nominee for President in 2020?
« Reply #1400 on: March 13, 2020, 12:07:40 AM »
I agree, the upcoming COVID-19 debacle could derail Trump's reelection. It will be hard to lie away this one, and lady luck will not be playing along.

It could.  On the other hand, if the virus can be controlled, it could be his saving grace.  Never underestimate a president's chance to be presidential.

oren

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1192
  • Likes Given: 1391
« Reply #1401 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:35 AM »
As I said, I don't think lady luck will play along, and the societal and economic parameters of the USA do not lend themselves to controlling this virus - lack of sick leave, absurd medical costs, tens of millions who lack any kind of healthcare plan, low societal cohesiveness, a science-denying administration, an egomaniac idiot at its helm, and many other factors.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
  • Fans of Hans Ø Club - circa 2018
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1243
  • Likes Given: 1991
« Reply #1402 on: March 13, 2020, 07:56:16 AM »
Another problem with right-wing judges. They not only block progressive change, but they are also actively working on abolishing democracy.

...the Roberts Court has been anything but passive. Rather, the Court’s hard right majority is actively participating in undermining American democracy. Indeed, the Roberts Court has contributed to insuring that the political system in the United States pays little attention to ordinary Americans and responds only to the wishes of a relatively small number of powerful corporations and individuals.

Link >> https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a31450991/federal-judge-paper-supreme-court-conservatives/
Everyone who can must self-isolate.

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 13, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »
As I said, I don't think lady luck will play along, and the societal and economic parameters of the USA do not lend themselves to controlling this virus - lack of sick leave, absurd medical costs, tens of millions who lack any kind of healthcare plan, low societal cohesiveness, a science-denying administration, an egomaniac idiot at its helm, and many other factors.

However, the cohesiveness in the public sector has been astonishing.  Who would've guessed at the mass cancellations of large gatherings, including school closures.  That seem to run against those societal and economic parameters, and may work to effectively control this virus.

Tom_Mazanec

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 516
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #1404 on: March 13, 2020, 03:24:41 PM »
Walrus:
It may be too little and too late, however.
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 13, 2020, 04:04:45 PM »
Does the Bernie Bro actually exist? Harvard scientist analyzes 6.8 million tweets and finds Sanders supporters are NOT more hostile to rivals than people who support other candidates

Link >> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8096203/Harvard-scientist-analyzes-6-8-million-tweets-finds-Bernie-Sanders-supporters-NOT-abusive.html

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 13, 2020, 04:55:19 PM »
Walrus:

Considering that more action was taken and much sooner than with the swine flu pandemic, I tend to disagree.  Still, it is much too early to make any final judgements.

Tom_Mazanec

• Young ice
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 516
  • Likes Given: 105
« Reply #1407 on: March 13, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »
Walrus:

Considering that more action was taken and much sooner than with the swine flu pandemic, I tend to disagree.  Still, it is much too early to make any final judgements.
That's a low bar, Walrus.
But we shall see.
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 844
  • Likes Given: 497
« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2020, 11:36:34 PM »
...the Roberts Court has been anything but passive. Rather, the Court’s hard right majority is actively participating in undermining American democracy. Indeed, the Roberts Court has contributed to insuring that the political system in the United States pays little attention to ordinary Americans and responds only to the wishes of a relatively small number of powerful corporations and individuals.

And voting for Biden is going to change all that.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 14, 2020, 06:22:45 AM »
Yes, Neven. Please read about the Federalist Society.

Meet the powerful group behind Trump’s judicial nominations

Link >> https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/360598-meet-the-powerful-group-behind-trumps-judicial-nominations

'These Are Not Normal Nominees': As Trump Stacks Courts With Far-Right Judges, Dems Urged to Recognize Depth of Crisis

Link >> https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/01/25/these-are-not-normal-nominees-trump-stacks-courts-far-right-judges-dems-urged

Corporate-Funded Judicial Boot Camp Made Sitting Federal Judges More Conservative

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/23/federal-judiciary-henry-manne-law-economics/

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 14, 2020, 08:34:58 AM »
Joe Biden's Brain MELTS During Corona Virus Press Conference, Wanders Off & Biden Team PANICS!

kassy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 913
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #1411 on: March 14, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »
And the message is so simple (the dates are the election and the actual swearing in).
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 14, 2020, 04:43:16 PM »
Still too complicated for the guy who can't tell the difference between his wife and his sister, or the guy who can't remember which weekday super-Tuesday is...

He is supposed to debate Trump. I wonder if he knows what a president is by then.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking sad. The guy needs help, but they put him on the stage. This is the cruelest shit. :-/

kassy

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 913
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #1413 on: March 14, 2020, 06:05:31 PM »
It is kind of a sad picture if Trump vs Biden was the presidential debate. Two demented fucks. If i was american i would be concerned then again i don´t get how they are not irate over the current government assaulting EPA and try to remove safe guards of the drinking water supply.

Nope too boring lets bitch about Mexicans some more...

Almost everything is about breaking things down. It is almost as if they are intent on destroying it.
Sealevel rise a problem, prohibit the word.

The US roads need repairs. This would employ people and even bring down CO2 emissions (driving on smooth surfaces takes less energy and less damage from potholes means less replacement parts equals less production). Lots of plumbing could probably need attention too.

Oh yes and if i was a tax paying US citizen i would be kind of pissed about the amount of money spend on the military while they are cutting all kinds of useful social services. And i might want a health care that does not cripple me in old age and then repossesses the house i wanted to pass on to the kids.

I would look for a politician that makes live less stressful. The healthcare would be a good start...
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 14, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
... It is almost as if they are intent on destroying it. ...

No, not almost Kassy! Destroying the government and all public institutions is, in fact, their ultimate goal. Never heard of libertarians?

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 15, 2020, 02:54:17 PM »
Arizona closes 78 polling locations citing lack of cleaning supplies. Election day director leaves podium mid-speech saying "I'm sorry, I can't do this."

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 16, 2020, 08:02:32 PM »
Re: Yesterday's debate:

Biden lied and lied and lied and lied and lied. And then he lied again.

The whole thing was ridiculous.

Ergo: He will win the nomination. Because too many American voters are just unable to see behind the lies. They are trained to be low information, have a short memory and eat shit.

#sad

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 868
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1417 on: March 17, 2020, 02:26:50 AM »
I didn't watch this, or any of the other debates.
Following the discussion at Zero Hedge gave the impression that Bernie wiped the floor with Biden. but that's a very biased site.

I wonder how many of the three contestants will survive until November, and if the winner will survive an additional year.

With the age of the Supreme Court and the leadership of both houses we may see a huge turnover regardless of who is elected.
Hope I'll be around to comment on it all. ::)
Terry

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 17, 2020, 02:57:33 PM »
I didn't watch this, or any of the other debates.
Following the discussion at Zero Hedge gave the impression that Bernie wiped the floor with Biden. but that's a very biased site.

I wonder how many of the three contestants will survive until November, and if the winner will survive an additional year.

With the age of the Supreme Court and the leadership of both houses we may see a huge turnover regardless of who is elected.
Hope I'll be around to comment on it all. ::)
Terry

Very biased indeed.

The Post gave the edge to Biden, with Sanders fumbling his responses to the coronavirus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/15/takeaways-biden-sanders-debate/

CNN called them both losers, with Sanders faring worse:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/15/politics/who-won-the-debate/index.html

I did not watch it either, so I have no opinion.  Based on what the Post and CNN wrote, the party could be in trouble come November.  Biden's mention of a female running mate seemed to resonate well, but otherwise they had little positive to say.  The election will likely hinge on how coronavirus affects the country.  I maintain that if the virus can be contained, then Trump will win re-election.  Just like Obama after hurricane Sandy and Bush after 9/11.  Sad, but true.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 17, 2020, 09:31:23 PM »
I agree that COVID-19's trajectory will decide the election.

I understand that in China they have/are using a system that oxygenates the blood independently of the patient's lungs. If this is real, successful and expensive as hell, it could be a way for the elite to save themselves from otherwise deadly outcomes.

Baring something similar we're going to lose a lot of very powerful old men. The chaos born from sudden large changes in leadership is not likely to go well, however the path that we have been on hasn't been leading us towards a rosy future anyway.

Interesting times we live in. :-\
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #1420 on: March 18, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »
I take back what I said about voting for Trump, announcing it and then doing it. It doesn't matter. I knew it was useless, but Caitlin Johnstone explains really well and succinctly why it is so useless:

Progressives are correct that the Dems will never stop fucking them over if they keep unconditionally supporting that party. But what many of them fail to take into account is that the Dems will also keep fucking them over if they don't support the party. Because they're fine with losing.

Progressives assume that they have negotiating power because they assume, wrongly, that the Democratic Party exists to win elections. It doesn't. The Democratic Party exists, first and foremost, to sabotage the left.

A Democratic Party leader retains their status and donors regardless of who wins an election. But if the left ever succeeded in taking over the party and implementing anti-oligarchic policies, that would end. Given this, who do you think party leaders perceive as the real threat?

Staying with the Dems is a losing strategy, but so is removing your votes with the hopes of influencing them. This is because the answer has never been in electoral politics, one way or the other. It's an illusory construct built to distract from reality.

The cheating and rigging on multiple levels has worked, and there is basically no more hope that any non-violent change can alter the course the US is on. It has become a fascist state a while ago, and will soon be comparable to Nazi Germany, if it isn't already.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 18, 2020, 11:52:13 AM »
Now, do you still think my call for a third party is invalid, Neven?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #1422 on: March 18, 2020, 12:18:00 PM »
Now, do you still think my call for a third party is invalid, Neven?

I never said it was, except that it's 4 years too late, at a minimum. We've discussed this after the 2016 cheating extravaganza, but it's really hard to set up a third party in the US (I remember a Jacobin article convincing me of that). Maybe Sanders could've done it, but he's too busy saying that his friend Joe Biden isn't corrupt.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 18, 2020, 12:25:34 PM »
What i want to see is a third party actually. Sanders, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Ayana Presley, Ro Khanna, etc. They need to leave the Democratic party after the general in order to join the new 'progressive' party. This is, IMHO, how you get rid of the establishment.

I agree, if they had done it in 2016, the world would look different now. But it's never too late. And there is no guarantee of succeeding either way.

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 18, 2020, 01:26:07 PM »
What i want to see is a third party actually. Sanders, AOC, Ilhan Omar, Ayana Presley, Ro Khanna, etc. They need to leave the Democratic party after the general in order to join the new 'progressive' party. This is, IMHO, how you get rid of the establishment.

I agree, if they had done it in 2016, the world would look different now. But it's never too late. And there is no guarantee of succeeding either way.

The Democratic Party appears headed this way.  The Progressive wing appears to be slightly less than half (based on total primary voting, prior to covid-19).  The population makeup appears to be ~30% for each party, and the rest independent (depending on when the poll is taken).  The new progressive party would start with about 15% of the population plus whatever fraction of independents share their views.  Based on green party and other leftist parties, this appears low, but I suspect more would support a viable party.  Therefore, let us bump up support to 20%.  The Republican support starts at 30%, plus whatever independents lean their way.  The remaining Democratic Party starts at 15%, plus whatever independents lean their way.  I suspect that a Democratic Party that moves to be more centrists would garner voters away from the right, but would lose a fraction of those voters to the new Progressive party.  This type of split would be beneficial to Congress, which would require the support of more than either party can muster to pass legislation.  It could throw the presidential election for a loop, if no party can muster enough electoral votes. 

That said, it think it time for it to occur.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1425 on: March 18, 2020, 01:30:36 PM »
It could throw the presidential election for a loop, if no party can muster enough electoral votes. 

Time for coalition-building then. It would require some laws to change of course. How parties are financed would need to change as well. It's a tedious task ahead, but necessary.

SteveMDFP

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 286
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #1426 on: March 19, 2020, 01:59:11 PM »
I agree that COVID-19's trajectory will decide the election.

I understand that in China they have/are using a system that oxygenates the blood independently of the patient's lungs. If this is real, successful and expensive as hell, it could be a way for the elite to save themselves from otherwise deadly outcomes.

It's called ECMO.  Yes, it's highly technical and expensive as hell.  But it won't save many, even among the ultra-wealthy.  One has to be exceptionally afflicted to need to be on ECMO.  I know that rate of survival from Covid after ventilator treatment is very poor.  I can only guess that those needing ECMO will succumb regardless in most cases.  Those who survive may have severe organ damage afterwards.  If i get terribly sick from Covid, I'm considering a do-not-intubate order, and I'd almost certainly want to avoid ECMO.  There are things worse than dying.

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
  • Yes, I do not always bicycle
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 159
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #1427 on: March 19, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
Looks like there's a deep slit in the Democratic party so it doesn't matter who they nominate, some other republican will take the cake and eat it.
Cooling the outside by heat pump.

oren

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1192
  • Likes Given: 1391
« Reply #1428 on: March 19, 2020, 07:30:16 PM »
Neven can you please unsticky the freezing season thread and sticky the melting season one? Thanks.
(Sorry for OT, I know your frequent this thread)

<Done, wishing I could set Biden non-sticky; N.>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 09:42:45 PM by Neven »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #1429 on: March 19, 2020, 11:39:21 PM »
Why isn't anyone here telling me that there has potentially been a lot of electronic voting cheating, given the huge discrepancies between exit polls and voting results?

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: March 20, 2020, 12:16:07 AM »
Why isn't anyone here telling me that there has potentially been a lot of electronic voting cheating, given the huge discrepancies between exit polls and voting results?
Sorry Neven, but it's been going on for much longer than the forum has been up and running.

When I moved back to Canada in 2004 I was amazed to see how accurate exit polling was when paper ballots were hand counted. ::)

Have you been able to begin isolation yet?
Stay Safe - Don't Take Chances - You are Needed
Terry

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 20, 2020, 07:26:58 AM »

Give the opportunity to put in electronic voting, someone will take advantage of it. In US case it's the Republicans. Of course the evidence is sealed by the republican owned companies who make the machines and nobody cares because the opportunity to cheat is there if some revolt happens.

There.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 20, 2020, 07:45:13 AM »
The German Chaos Computer Club (the experts on everything computing) always (since the 80s) said electronic voting is inherently flawed, undemocratic, prone to manipulation, and, therefore,  a huge mistake.

Why is no one ever listening to the experts?

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 20, 2020, 08:02:50 AM »
From the other thread:

I can't bring myself to support Biden.

Well, the nazi supporting Tulsi does. She endorsed him!

Hope you see now that she isn't and never was on your side, Terry.

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 20, 2020, 08:33:54 AM »
Does not translate well:
"Others bought toilet paper, but Joe got Bidēn" (should have 't' in english)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 09:41:02 AM by Pmt111500 »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 633
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1435 on: March 21, 2020, 05:49:26 AM »
Piketty at Jacobin: Bernie is right

" the highest potential for mobilization is among the most underprivileged social categories"

"electoral alienation of the American working classes is so long-standing that it will certainly not be reversed in one day."

"The cynical, and unfortunately very commonplace vision among the Democratic elites, that nothing can be done to mobilize further the working-class vote, is extremely dangerous. In the last resort, this cynicism weakens the legitimacy of the democratic electoral system itself."

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/thomas-piketty-bernie-sanders-voting-democracy

sidd

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 21, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »
Piketty at Jacobin: Bernie is right

" the highest potential for mobilization is among the most underprivileged social categories"

"electoral alienation of the American working classes is so long-standing that it will certainly not be reversed in one day."

"The cynical, and unfortunately very commonplace vision among the Democratic elites, that nothing can be done to mobilize further the working-class vote, is extremely dangerous. In the last resort, this cynicism weakens the legitimacy of the democratic electoral system itself."

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/03/thomas-piketty-bernie-sanders-voting-democracy

sidd

Mobilizing the working class vote is pretty difficult without social programs. Good economy is ok, no doubt. but if it's not good, but just indifferent of working class ideals, there's no reason to vote. This is somewhat a problem in Europe too, many of the ideas have been already done, so people could see the difference between elite and middle class (an oxymoron) better, but they're either complacent or indifferent of politics, or they're vainly striving to become elite mimicking the attitudes and general assholiness of those who would restrict human rights for profit.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: March 21, 2020, 08:48:56 AM »
It will stay like this...

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 21, 2020, 09:01:17 AM »
It will stay like this...

LoL
I remember searching something like this about 4 years ago.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 21, 2020, 09:02:38 AM »
Here to serve you, Pmt.  ;D

Another one you might find useful:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:18:18 AM by blumenkraft »

Pmt111500

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 21, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
Thanks Blumenkraft, some of the younger people here in Finland have trouble separating True commies and Hard Left (Socialists in your diagram). Saved to possible later use.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 21, 2020, 09:50:30 AM »

Blumen K
Great Graph at 1437!!

It represents the American political system perfectly - BUT, it's also uncomfortably close to the ruling coalitions of at least the NATO nations.

As a Canadian I'd substitute the Conservative Party, the Liberal Party, and I'd somehow manage to include the NDP (New Democratic Party), a party designed specifically to break this false duopoly. When new parties achieve recognition and get close to the levers of power they're co-opted and their once new ideology morphs into the ideology of TPTAR (The Parties That Always Rule).

They've been in power for longer than I've lived and I'm not sure that even a successful revolution would change this paradigm. I recognize the problem they present, but I've no idea how to break their stranglehold on political power.

The fallout from CV19 will shake things up for decades to come, but the shaking won't break through the bounds presently supported by the leadership of ALL of the ruling parties.
Terry

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 21, 2020, 10:09:48 AM »
When new parties achieve recognition and get close to the levers of power they're co-opted and their once new ideology morphs into the ideology of TPTAR (The Parties That Always Rule).

Well, this is IMHO how democracy should work. The Overton window cannot be opened within the establishment. This is why third/fourth/fifth/etc parties are so important.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 21, 2020, 10:30:23 AM »
^^
I suppose it's OK IF you're OK with what the establishment is espousing.

I'm for a clean break with what the consensus has been since the end of WWII.

Stay Healthy!
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #1444 on: March 23, 2020, 05:08:58 PM »
Here's why I never trusted Tulsi Gabbard all the way. She's fake, only in it for her career, and has no vision or principles:

Also watch what Kulinski says at the end. That's what I tried to convey when I said 'announce you'll vote for Trump, and do it' (which I've taken back, because the Democratic Party's role isn't to beat the Republicans, but to keep the real left out).

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 23, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »
I'm almost always with Kyle on the issues. This time he is drop-dead wrong!

If you don't vote, you are doing nothing to 'teach' the DNC anything. You are just lost in a big number that's called voter turnout. No one gives a damn about this number. This is not how protest works.

If you don't vote, you indirectly vote for a far-right, corporate supreme court and a fascist government.

The progressive movement can't reform the Dems from within.

Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.

In the US, there is only the lesser evil option. Once again. Sadly!

Yes, this must be changed. But as long as there isn't a viable third party, you can't act as if there was one. Voter turnout is not a party!

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 23, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »
I'm almost always with Kyle on the issues. This time he is drop-dead wrong!

If you don't vote, you are doing nothing to 'teach' the DNC anything. You are just lost in a big number that's called voter turnout. No one gives a damn about this number. This is not how protest works.

If you don't vote, you indirectly vote for a far-right, corporate supreme court and a fascist government.

The progressive movement can't reform the Dems from within.

Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.

In the US, there is only the lesser evil option. Once again. Sadly!

Yes, this must be changed. But as long as there isn't a viable third party, you can't act as if there was one. Voter turnout is not a party!

I disagree.  A non-vote cannot be considered a vote for any party or anyone in particular.  Non-voters just diminish their own preferences and increase those of others. 

In 2016, there was a mass effort to discourage the populace from voting third party.  Many obeyed, and voted for Trump.  Had they not voted or stuck with their third party candidate, Trump probably would not have won.

blumenkraft

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 23, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »
diminish their own preferences and increase those of others

That's kinda what i said. That's the math here, yes.

Many obeyed, and voted for Trump.

Where did i say vote for Trump? Where did Kyle say vote for Trump?

The thing i'm proposing is vote blue in 2020 and then fight for a third (progressive) party.

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:13 PM »
diminish their own preferences and increase those of others

That's kinda what i said. That's the math here, yes.

Many obeyed, and voted for Trump.

Where did i say vote for Trump? Where did Kyle say vote for Trump?

The thing i'm proposing is vote blue in 2020 and then fight for a third (progressive) party.

You did not directly.  You insinuated that non-voters helped his election.  I believe that if they had stayed non-voters (or even voted third party), then he would not have won.

The Walrus

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 24, 2020, 02:00:31 PM »
Biden's chances for the presidency appear to be slipping away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/us/politics/joe-biden-2020-virus.html

Sanders' appears to be over.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/us/politics/bernie-sanders-democrats-2020.html

The election has taken a drastic change since January.  Will anyone even remember the impeachment?