Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Russia, Russia, Russia  (Read 670706 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1140
  • Likes Given: 546
Re: Russia, Russia, Russia
« Reply #5100 on: June 17, 2020, 01:29:42 PM »
do you think the Russians will ever tell it ? b.c.

Probably none of the parties involved (who do not think in terms of nation states, like the population has been conditioned/propagandized to think) will ever reveal it. Maybe the Skripals will one day, though I doubt it.

One thing is for sure: the BBC, The Guardian and other cogs in the mainstream media machine will never, ever tell the truth about this. They will, however, publish lots of propaganda that doesn't make any sense. Read Craig Murray's blog posts.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 652
  • Likes Given: 528
« Reply #5101 on: June 17, 2020, 05:50:48 PM »
naw .. my world has enough going on already :) . Funny how the Guardian has gone from teller of truth to a 'cog in the media machine' since the facepuke era began .
2007 + 5 = 2012 + 4 = 2016 + 3 = 2019 + 2 = 2021 + 1 =  ' if only we could have seen it coming ' ...

Tom_Mazanec

• Young ice
  • Earth will survive AGW...but will Homo sapiens?
    • View Profile
    • Planet Mazanec
  • Liked: 632
  • Likes Given: 615
« Reply #5102 on: June 17, 2020, 06:33:59 PM »
be cause:
Exactly what is the “facepuke” era?
SHARKS (CROSSED OUT) MONGEESE (SIC) WITH FRICKIN LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 815
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5103 on: June 18, 2020, 12:16:34 AM »
Perhaps someday the Skripal's will get loose from their handlers and write their version ... which may not be at all true either.

sidd

interstitial

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 297
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #5104 on: June 18, 2020, 07:20:48 AM »
facepuke is facebook
so facepuke era is social media era.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1140
  • Likes Given: 546
« Reply #5105 on: June 18, 2020, 08:44:59 AM »
Craig Murray has posted a third blog post on the BBC propaganda series: Cynicism and Warmongering

The BBC plumbed the depths of hypocrisy in dressing up the final episode of the Salisbury Poisonings as a homage to Dawn Sturgess while systematically lying about the facts of her death, yet again to cover up the implausibility of the official narrative.

(...)

I do not know what happened in Salisbury. I know that the British government story makes no sense whatsoever, and I know that the Russian government has not told us the truth about the identities of Boshirov and Petrov, otherwise their true identities would have been firmly documented and reported by now. What the Russians were doing remains a mystery, with possibilities ranging from assassination through liaison to extraction. What the British government was doing is equally murky, and whether the Skripals are willingly a part of MI6’s plans is by no means clear. Sergei’s continuing work for MI6 and his relationship with Pablo Miller are evidently key, while I suspect that Sergei’s role in Christopher Steele’s baroque, fabricated dossier on Donald Trump is probably the motive for the action.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:57 PM »
From Murray: "Sergei’s continuing work for MI6 and his relationship with Pablo Miller are evidently key, while I suspect that Sergei’s role in Christopher Steele’s baroque, fabricated dossier on Donald Trump is probably the motive for the action."

I agree that hiding the truth about about Miller, Steele, Skripal and the dossier is one of the primary motivations behind UK propaganda surrounding Skripal affair.

sidd

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: August 12, 2020, 07:36:08 AM »
Schrage on taibbi at substack: russiagate in cambridge, again but different

"I call these individuals the Cambridge Four. "

"48 hours before the leak was published, my former supervisor Halper eerily laid out what was about to happen to Flynn, something he had no independent reason to know."

"my former advisor, Halper. Codenamed “the Walrus,” in person he appears well over 300 pounds, and carries himself with grandiose airs ...  I had yet to discover his checkered past, including: his reported role in organizing ex-CIA operatives to steal Jimmy Carter’s 1980 debate materials; 1990’s crack cocaine arrest; and FBI firing in 2011"

"Sir Richard Dearlove is a former director of MI6 and Halper’s long-time collaborator. "

"Dearlove’s former MI6 agent and the third Cambridge Four member, Christopher Steele"

"Halper, Steele, Dearlove, and Andrew"

" the Cambridge Four, and their media and political enablers, did a miraculous job in pushing fake Trump-Russia conspiracy stories ... the Cambridge Four were probably the most effective tools for Russia’s disinformation campaign to divide America that Putin could have ever dreamed of."

"In the recording Halper laid out what was about to happen to Flynn"

"“I don’t remember.” That should be the official, trademarked motto of the government officials involved in these events."

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-spies-who-hijacked-america

Sounds like he's pissed off at his (ex?) advisor

sidd

Florifulgurator

• Frazil ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 174
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #5108 on: August 19, 2020, 07:24:28 PM »
The 5th and final tome of the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee investigation is out.
https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/report_volume5.pdf
and of course a lot is redacted. 966 pages :)

Nothing seriously new for those who paid attention and didn't fall for Bill Barr's spin of the Mueller Report.

Yes, Russia and Assange did meddle in the election. Yes, there was collusion (blatantly, Manafort & Kilimnik). But the Trumpists couldn't amp it up to explicit criminal conspiracy - they were too stupid for that, and the Russians fear stupidity.

And, lordy there possibly are Russian tapes.

Choice quote after short sampling looking for "Assange":
WikiLeaks and Russian government talking points have closely mirrored each other.
in April 2016, Assange and WikiLeaks criticized the release of information in the
Panama Papers as a "Putin attack [that] was produced by OCCRP which targets Russia &
former USSR and was funded by USAID & Soros," 1313 a frequent refrain in Russian
state-sponsored influence operations. 1314 Putin echoed this two days later, stating:
"WikiLeaks has showed us that official people and official organs of the US are behind
this."1315
[...]
[...] consistent with indications that WikiLeaks knowingly aided the
Russian 2016 election influence campaign.
(Methinks Russian propaganda stuff has crept deeper into daily discourse and discontent than many can imagine.)

Lots of commentary on MSM.

Sally Yates:

"Collusion" semantics:

------------------------
P.S.: I have yet to find the thing about them Trumpists being too stupid for serious criminal conspiracy with Putin. But I've meanwhile revisited my very first post on this thread - and I'm impressed...

[...]
Remember Trump presenting Russian bullshit at a rally, before Sputnik news deleted it? That is either clinical stupidity or collusion if not treason. But who cared? This is not a story manufactured by the evil "deep state". Nope, it happened in full public view, like other highly suspicious things. No one can say "the Russians did it". Nope, it was the stupidified U.S. voter and media, after decades of Republican mental inbreeding. I thought GWB was the epitome of Reaganist stupidification. I was wrong...
[...]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:27:24 PM by Florifulgurator »
Google image search on my avatar image gives "wood". In fact it is the lower part of David Hilbert's tombstone.

Florifulgurator

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: October 17, 2020, 02:12:53 AM »
Google image search on my avatar image gives "wood". In fact it is the lower part of David Hilbert's tombstone.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:02 AM »
Lavrov interview:

Lavrov: " everyone remembers Henry Kissinger’s words that the United States should have relations with China which are better than relations between China and Russia, and vice versa. He saw this historical process and knew which way it could go. "

Simes: "the EU is becoming a missionary organisation. When you deal with crusaders, trying to reckon with them or appealing to their logic and conscience is probably useless. Do you not think that the EU has journeyed to a place where there are limited opportunities for partnership and great potential for confrontation? "

Lavrov: I agree with you, absolutely. This is a missionary style – lecturing others while projecting superiority.

"We will always be willing to revive our relations, practically to raise them from the ashes, but to do this we must know what the EU is interested in. We will not knock on a locked door  ... I don’t think we are courting this alliance or exaggerating its importance. It determines its place in the world itself.  "

Nikonov: "I think today’s Europe is pretty empty in terms of culture."

Lavrov: "There are some funny songs; we can listen to them in the car sometimes."

" I have seen black actors perform in Shakespeare’s comedies. The only thing I do not know is when a white actor will play Othello. You see, this is nothing less than absurdity. Political correctness reduced to absurdity will lead to no good."

"The US flatly refuses to discuss ways of either making internet governance more democratic or establishing common rules regulating social networks"

"I pointed out to Tillerson that they had in fact directly stipulated in legislation that the US State Department should spend $20 million a year to support Russian civil society and promote democracy. That was not even a suspicion on our part as they did it openly (for example, the Ukraine Support Act). There was nothing to prove – they just announced that they would interfere. He told me that was totally different. I asked him why, and he said because we promoted authoritarianism, and they spread democracy."

Simes: "And he said it with sincere conviction, didn’t he?"

Lavrov: "Yes."

" I believe the 9/11 attacks were the turning point in the American life ... Since then, New York has become a different city. This free city, living its own life around the clock and enjoying it, became wary and started looking over its shoulder to see if there was someone around who could hurt it ... This suspicion then spread deeply into American society. There were probably serious reasons for that."

http://thesaker.is/crucial-interview-of-foreign-minister-lavrov-must-read/

sidd

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 311
« Reply #5112 on: April 15, 2021, 03:50:00 PM »
Russia

Now the president is no longer a Russian asset the truth can begin to be revealed

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/1382683196182175746

Jim Hunt

• Young ice
  • Stay Home, Save Lives
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 541
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #5113 on: April 15, 2021, 07:09:29 PM »
monitoring of russian military iron

According to the Barents Observer it's just 80,000 troops on "exercises":

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/security/2021/04/visiting-northern-fleet-defense-minister-shoigu-signals-build-along-ukrainian

Visiting Northern Fleet, Defense Minister Shoigu signals buildup along Ukrainian border will end in 2 weeks.

According to the Russian military leader, the two armies and three airborne troop units that have been redeployed to western border areas will end ongoing exercises in the course of April.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

Florifulgurator

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: April 16, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
Nothing surpising, but now it's in the book of history:
Schiff: First Time US Gov’t Publicly Confirms Trump Campaign-Russia Channel

I spare you Rachel Maddow's exposition  :-) but here is Bill Palmer:
Now that the U.S. government is finally confirming that Paul Manafort gave Trump’s internal polling data to the Kremlin, let’s connect the rest of the known dots in Trump-Russia campaign collusion.

Reuters long ago reported that Kremlin cutout Cambridge Analytica stole Facebook data from 50 million users and used it to micro target false Facebook ads in key swing states. The Kremlin surely gave the Trump campaign data to Cambridge Analytica for use in further micro targeting those ads.

In other words, not only did the Trump campaign and the Kremlin collude in 2016, they criminally conspired to alter the outcome of the election. But it gets even worse, because of just how high up the ladder Manafort and Kilimnik were on their respective sides.

Are we to believe that Trump didn’t know his campaign chairman Manafort was doing this? Are we to believe Putin didn’t know his top spy Kilimnik was doing this? In other words, it wasn’t just the Trump campaign and the Kremlin conspiring. It was Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin personally conspiring together, through their reps.

Robert Mueller had this information, as evidenced by an early 2019 publicly available court filing. So Bill Barr, who went out of his way to suppress this evidence of a criminal plot, is a co-conspirator in this scandal
[...]
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/this-was-treason/38238/

[...]
This turns out to be two major stories
[...]
Second, this means that when Robert Mueller officially found no evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, this was a lie and a coverup. Mueller did in fact have specific proof of collusion, and the U.S. government is now publicly confirming that proof. Did Mueller lie in his report, or did Bill Barr and Rod Rosenstein lie about what Mueller said in his report? To be clear, whoever lied committed felony obstruction of justice. It’s now more important than ever that the unredacted Mueller report be released, so the right people at the DOJ can go to prison for obstruction.
[...]
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/biden-administration-officially-confirms-trump-russia-collusion-really-did-happen/38218/