Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Comments/posts can be liked now  (Read 16679 times)

crandles

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 239
  • Likes Given: 81
Re: Comments/posts can be liked now
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
That's something I can fix, crandles! And I'm also seeing the Like button now.

So, it's back to square one.
Yes fixed.  :)

charles_oil

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 74
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
The like button is still there - and the score for each person is shown (liked / likes given) but now it doesn't show if a post has been liked or total of how many likes have been given for an individual post....

magnamentis

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2018, 10:52:37 PM »
i liked the last implementation where one could see who liked what.

it can keep a lot of unnececessary disputes away from this forum when i see who likes what and/or whom so i don't have to waste my breath to reply and safe everyone the difficult energy ;)

a bit exaggerated maybe but there is something to it.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2018, 11:03:00 PM »
I thought it was okay for the Arctic sea ice segment of the forum, so people can express their gratitude for stuff others are posting, but in the discussions on politics, economics and technology, I think it's better if things stay anonymous, as it's more about agreement than gratitude there. Things get heated and personal easily as it is.

I will try to improve things some more in the coming week.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Martin Gisser

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »
What magnamentis said: Now I have to say this instead of just liking.

magnamentis

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2018, 11:16:16 PM »
I thought it was okay for the Arctic sea ice segment of the forum, so people can express their gratitude for stuff others are posting, but in the discussions on politics, economics and technology, I think it's better if things stay anonymous, as it's more about agreement than gratitude there. Things get heated and personal easily as it is.

I will try to improve things some more in the coming week.

your call as always and anyways the effort is highly appreciated. thing is that if i want someone (and others) to know that i liked a statement (post) i don't have to post, if it's anonymous i have to post to make show appreciation or "accord"

what i said above "especially" applied to the political discussions because it's exactly in political discussions where some people are so far away form each other, and i do not only mean opinion but also style, means and genereal approach ( political correct vs. straight forward for example ) that i think it's sometimes better to "agree to disagree" silently which is only possible when i know who is in which camp, generally speaking.

as i said, your call, just trying to contribute things to consider.

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 879
  • Likes Given: 826
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
Further to what Charles wrote, is there a way to view only liked posts?  I was remembering a post made by Ned W last year with his '1,000,000 km potential last ice' map, so I went and 'liked' it.  I'm sure there are some Chris Reynolds' posts that deserve liking - they get referred to from time to time.  [How about a method of identifying posts that got quoted a month or more after original posting?!]

A quick way to 'catch up' on a thread may be to view only previously liked posts in that thread.  It would give 'liking' an archival purpose.  (I know, there could be a conspiracy:  I'll like everything you post if you like everything I post.)

The like button ... doesn't show if a post has been liked or total of how many likes have been given for an individual post....
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
We were told where we can see how 'liked' a post is
  • Members: Search for Members: ("Neven" as an example): select that member: Profile Info: Show Posts: Liked or Show Posts: Likes Given.
I quickly viewed the several likes I've given and the several posts of mine that have been liked.  Very few of my liked posts get more than 1 like (with an average very near 1), whereas the posts liked by me nearly always have at least 2 likes (with an average probably in the 2-4 range).

Does this mean I have a secret admirer and, rarely, I post something worthy - but I have an eye for other's good posts?
 :P ::) :o
Arctic ice is healthy for children and other living things because "we cannot negotiate with the melting point of ice"

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:43 PM »
Does this mean I have a secret admirer

Would you like me to check if your wife has a secret account here? That would be kind of romantic, wouldn't it?  ;D
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

blumenkraft

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:50 PM »
We were told where we can see how 'liked' a post is
  • Members: Search for Members: ("Neven" as an example): select that member: Profile Info: Show Posts: Liked or Show Posts: Likes Given.
I quickly viewed the several likes I've given and the several posts of mine that have been liked.  Very few of my liked posts get more than 1 like (with an average very near 1), whereas the posts liked by me nearly always have at least 2 likes (with an average probably in the 2-4 range).

Does this mean I have a secret admirer and, rarely, I post something worthy - but I have an eye for other's good posts?
 :P ::) :o

* blumenkraft liked!   8)

Tor Bejnar

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »
Does this mean I have a secret admirer

Would you like me to check if your wife has a secret account here? That would be kind of romantic, wouldn't it?  ;D
I'd rather think it true than find out it isn't.  ::)
(so much for believing in the scientific method) :o