Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Tesla glory/failure  (Read 1162631 times)

rboyd

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 226
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: Tesla glory/failure
« Reply #1750 on: March 26, 2019, 10:50:53 PM »
If it breaks $200 there may be a lot of sell programs kicking in, as there is no chart support below that until $150 and even that does not look very strong. Also, if I understand correctly there may be some margin calls around that level for a certain Mr. Musk.

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 150
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #1751 on: March 27, 2019, 01:57:38 AM »
It's my secret! My new 'forecast' is for TSLA to drop below $200 per share and stay there through to the end of 2019. I am not yet sure how low it will go. It depends how long it takes for the 'bubble to burst' and for reality to finally sink in. People are really slow learners I'm afraid.  ;D

Sorry, but I have to totally disagree. If Tesla breaks $200, it will break $20 within 10 trading days. Margin calls abound. Theoretical ability to raise capital destroyed. Exponential growth story obliterated.

There is very little institutional backing remaining. In the low 200s it will be poofed. Recession is coming anyways and a flight to safety is inevitable. A company with an upside-down balance sheet and under DOJ and SEC investigation is the opposite of safety.
big time oops

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3589
  • Likes Given: 3940
« Reply #1752 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:15 AM »
From the article:
The Model 3 Performance has a 0-60 mph time of 3.2 seconds. The last Ferrari I drove, a 360 Modena, had a 0-62 mph (100 km) time of 3.9 seconds. Teslas are routinely showing up at drag strips around the country. The base Model 3 is not far off that mark. Why is this important?

Very quick, very high top speed cars have been the domain of a select few, very wealthy buyers until now. Many of these supercars are rarely driven, parked in fancy garages in pristine condition while owners watch their values rise. Others make occasional appearances at shows and exhibits or Sunday drives. Few, if any, are used as daily drivers. So the public faces minimal risk.

Not that Tesla doesn't have problems, but I believe this one is a faked concern smoothly hidden by the bolded statements. In reality the base Model 3 is very far off the mark. It has a 0-60 mph time of 5.9 seconds, and a top speed of 120 mph, not in supercar territory in any way. A BMW 330i has the same 0-60 mph time of 5.9 seconds, a top speed of 155 mph, and costs much the same as a base Model 3. Even the Mazda 5 small minivan I once drove has a top speed of 124 mph.
Moreover, the owner of a Model 3 can set a speed limit into the car's software, so giving this to your college kids could be safer than many other alternatives. (Obviously it will be better if they used an e-bike or public transportation, but that's not the point of the article.)

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #1753 on: March 27, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »
The Base Model 3 has a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and a top speed of 130 mph. The Base 330I costs 5k more than the base Model 3. The RWD LR has much more similar initial price, it does 0-60 in 5s.
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1159
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #1754 on: March 27, 2019, 01:05:36 PM »
“Mercedes, BMW, and Audi are trembling in front of this car.”  - DER SPIEGEL

Tesla Model 3 earns rave review from one of Germany’s biggest magazines
Tesla’s much-celebrated Model 3 has earned another rave review, this time from one of Germany’s most accomplished magazines, Der Spiegel. Their conclusion? Tesla Model 3 is poised to strike fear into the hearts of more established automakers in the region.

A midnight gray Model 3 Performance served as the car of choice for Der Spiegel’s latest review of the all-electric sports sedan. Tesla’s trademark acceleration didn’t miss a beat, with the publication validating Model 3’s ability to perform a 0-100 km/h sprint in 3.5 seconds and register a top speed of 250 km/h (155 mph). The results place Model 3 ahead some of the industry’s top high-performance sedans like the BMW M3. …
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-rave-reviews-der-spiegel/

The Model 3 “outsold some stiff German competition like the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. That's like a punch in the face to the German automakers right there.

Tesla Model 3 Outsells BMW 3 Series, Mercedes C Class In Europe
Electric Model 3 beats German luxury competition in sales for February in Europe.
In its first full month on the market, the Tesla Model 3 shot to #1 on the European sales charts in its so-called luxury mid-size segment.

That's quite an accomplishment for Tesla, the electric automaker that hails from California. Even more impressive is that the Model 3 isn't even available in the UK, as right-hand-drive versions have yet to be produced.

The focus here is on sales in the month of February. Those figures for Europe have just become final.
So then, exactly how well did the Model 3 do in regards to sales? Well, it outsold some stiff German competition like the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. That's like a punch in the face to the German automakers right there.

As expected, the Model 3 outsold all other electric cars too, but that's not really as impressive as how it fared against the gas-fueled competition.

Felipe Munoz, global analyst for Jato Dynamics, stated that this high level of demand for the Model 3 is very unusual and he added that typically demand doesn't soar “until four or five months after a new car has hit the roads.” That may well mean sales of the Model 3 will go even higher in the coming months.
https://www.motor1.com/news/315463/tesla-model-3-top-seller-europe/amp/

——
It doesn’t stop:  Preparing for yet a further global invasion!

Tesla Model 3 right-hand-drive spotted in the wild ahead of launch
https://electrek.co/2019/03/26/tesla-model-3-right-hand-drive-spotted/

Right hand drive countries include India, Japan, UK, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand....
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: March 27, 2019, 01:24:11 PM »
The Base Model 3 has a 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and a top speed of 130 mph. The Base 330I costs 5k more than the base Model 3. The RWD LR has much more similar initial price, it does 0-60 in 5s.
Correct, I pulled the numbers out of a quick google search and didn't verify.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 27, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »
The Tesla fleet has logged over 10 billion miles, and someone can point up a handful of bad actors and bad accidents. ::)  Not too many articles out there about how many lives have been saved.

Here’s my favorite: https://www.tesla.com/customer-stories/still-complete-family-thanks-our-tesla

Tesla software updates continue to make the car even safer:
Greg Wester (@gwestr) 3/25/19, 12:47 PM
Autopilot loses its mind if you unclick your seat belt. It is like “I will turn this car around!”
https://twitter.com/gwestr/status/1110221684533977088
< Old days people put videos of them sitting the back seat with AP1. That’s why we can’t have nice things.
<< Mine has refused to drive me and basically put me in time out
<<< On the drive home from picking up my P3D I floored it in Autopilot on the freeway. Screen red, went bonkers then chided me for the rest of the journey by disabling autopilot #TeslaNaughtyCorner

Most importantly, Model S owners can be confident that they are driving the safest car on the road thanks to Tesla’s Autopilot capabilities, eight airbags, a low center of gravity and 5-star rating in all categories by NHTSA.

Tesla reaches 10 billion electric miles with a global fleet of half a million cars
https://electrek.co/2018/11/16/tesla-fleet-10-billion-electric-miles/

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 27, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
Speaking of hype, fast cars and excess:

TESLA MODEL 3 VS PORSCHE GT2 RS DRAG RACE ON MONACO PIER!! | NICO ROSBERG

GT2 RS about $300,000 USD, 2 door 2 seat super sports car.
Model 3P about $60,000 USD, 4 door 5 seat midsize sedan.

Can't wait to see what the Porsche Taycan can do. Hopefully, Porsche doesn't nerf the Taycan in the hopes of not humiliating their ICE fleet.
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

magnamentis

« Reply #1758 on: March 27, 2019, 10:14:41 PM »

enjoy for as long as it lasts, it's a hype in new markets where some were longing but it won't last

i've seen that 55-60 years ago when american cars were way ahead tech-wise with e-windows and automatic transmissions, huge engines and big big an beautiful.

the american way of live has some advantages when it comes to bring something to live but once the effect of being first ( iphone, and many other things) has vaned those with a sense for details and for quality take over and prevail.

i shall allow myself to post a link to some of my posts here when it will have happened and the above won't take long, markets are quick and ruthless while accounting and other business parameters can be tweaked for quite some time which is why it's difficult to predict collapse.

BTW general motors still exists even though they filed a few years ago, hence filing does not mean death, there are so many ways and reasons why a company can be kept alive.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1336
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #1759 on: March 27, 2019, 11:31:49 PM »
I haven't removed a couple of off-topic comments, because I'm going to bed now. Maybe tomorrow when I feel reinvigorated.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 28, 2019, 02:15:04 AM »
Unlike any Tesla Bulls, I am on moderation. This prejudice is quite typical.

One of the most vocal and well-respected members of the TSLAQ community on twitter just had his account suspended after posting an accurate spreadsheet of all the Tesla related deaths.

If you are on the side of the admitted fraud, super-accelerator, truthful information suppressing, DEATHPILOT advocating, celebrity CEO...you might want to take a serious look in the mirror.

Just because someone claims to be fighting for good, does not mean they are. This should be an grammar school lesson.

This is on topic. I am on moderation. The purported reason is bogus.

<You're on moderation for your snarky style and your off-topic rants, not because you're a Tesla bear; N.>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:32:23 AM by Neven »
big time oops

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 28, 2019, 03:44:55 AM »
THE SIMPLE AND OBVIOUS QUESTION NO BULL CAN ANSWER BUT THAT THEY ALL GO FULL BLOWN HEAD-IN-SAND.

If Everything's Fine With Tesla, Why Isn't It Doing a Secondary Stock Offering?

Wouldn't it be easier for Tesla to sell more stock than close retail outlets and lay off staff?

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/stocks/tesla-secondary-stock-offering-14908776

<snip for snark, and adjusted font size; N.>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:34:01 AM by Neven »
big time oops

NeilT

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 387
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #1762 on: March 28, 2019, 10:56:21 AM »
Just because someone claims to be fighting for good, does not mean they are. This should be an grammar school lesson.

I'm not entirely sure, today, that the character of Musk is quite so much to do with Tesla success or failure.  If you were talking about the fact that he can't keep his fingers off twitter and the damage it might do to the company, then, yes, I'd say that is on topic.

Musk is no longer in the same directing position with Tesla that he was.  This limits the risk to Tesla of his nature.

The fact that you clearly can't stand him and believe that he's lying in everything he says is not quite so on topic and falls much more into a rant.
Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.

Robert A. Heinlein

NeilT

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 387
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #1763 on: March 28, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »
Onto something more about success and failure.

Let's talk numbers and see why the bulls are, well, bullish.

In 2015 Tesla produced 21,577 cars.  The net revenue was $4.04 billion and the net revenue per vehicle was $187,515.  The net loss was $888m or $41,185 per vehicle.

In 2018 Tesla produced 244,920 cars.  The net revenue was $21.4 billion and the net revenue per vehicle was $87,625.  The net loss was $976m or $3,985 per vehicle.

In the last 2 quarters of 2018 Tesla made an operating profit.  Essentially meaning that the loss per vehicle was much higher in the first half of 2018.

Tesla continues to make a profit or very close to a profit, at the same time as paying back hundreds of millions in debt, the interest on loans and building a complete new manufacturing facility in China.

Already it is expected that Tesla will build 500,000 cars in 2019.  Those extra 250,000 cars, even at the base Model3 price, will raise the revenue to 34bn and we know that most of these vehicles will sell at a much higher price, say around $45,000.

Looking at those figures, Tesla looks to be in profit for the year end 2019, with Gigafactory 3 up and running and in line to produce 1M cars in 2020.  Plus trucks, high demand for the Model Y and a ramping up of its energy business.

Every quarter Tesla bears have less and less to base their shorts on.

Glory?  Not sure.  Failure?  The numbers don't show it.  Or we could just look at GM numbers and compare the trend...
Being right too soon is socially unacceptable.

Robert A. Heinlein

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 28, 2019, 08:20:54 PM »
One of the most vocal and well-respected members of the TSLAQ community on twitter just had his account suspended after posting an accurate spreadsheet of all the Tesla related deaths.

Not exactly.

Earl of Frunkpuppy(@28delayslater)3/28/19, 11:48 AM

[Bear]: here’s a spreadsheet of deaths caused by #Tesla

[Frunkpuppy]: actually many of these are not the even the fault of the Tesla driver

[Bear]: we stated that in the FAQ and how dare you not read that

[Frunkpuppy]: but then how is this useful and isn’t what you said misleading?

[Bear]: [crickets]
https://twitter.com/28delayslater/status/1111293894262689792

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 28, 2019, 11:51:44 PM »
One of the favorite beliefs of Tesla doubters is: “These record sales are just temporary.  Once all the cultists finish buying their cars, sales will evaporate.”  This exact thing was claimed about the Model S.  And the Model X.  And now the Model 3.

But a graph of global deliveries by quarter shows no such thing. (See below.). Despite a few stutters during new product ramps, total Tesla sales have steadily increased, year after year.  A 40 to 50% increase in production/sales in 2019 would only require Tesla to maintain the pace they achieved in 4Q2018.  But in fact they are still ramping….

And there’s even more ahead for the Model 3:
More deliveries to fulfill record Europe orders
Right-hand drive markets, including India, Japan, UK, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand
Roll out of lower price Standard Range and Standard Range Plus in all markets
China gigafactory, producing Standard Range Model 3 (and later, Model Y) for the world’s biggest car market and APAC countries starting this summer
Leasing (this is huge in the US)

And Tesla hasn’t even begun traditional advertising!

By the time Model 3 sales begin to level off, the Model Y will be in production, with that popular format expected to sell “more than Models S, X, and 3 combined.”

Also, month-over-month sales declines in one country is not a sign of decreasing demand, but rather a result of Tesla making batches of cars homologated for certain countries and shipping them in bulk:

< So all the RHD Model 3 will deliver around the same time?
Elon Musk: Not exactly same time, as countries have different regulations & we try to build in batches to simplify production
Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 3/16/19, 5:02 PM
This causes some media confusion, as batch builds & ship arrival times can make our sales seem incredible one month & terrible following month, but consumer tastes don’t actually vary so much. Massive month over month changes are usually because of production/shipping schedules.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1107024385632722944

———
Kelvin Yang (@KelvinYang7) 3/27/19, 4:48 PM
Midnight unloading in Guangzhou/Canton
https://twitter.com/kelvinyang7/status/1111007103823634432
10-sec video clip: 5+ car carriers on brightly lit street; Teslas driving into gated lot.

Tesla Driver (@m_xalher) 3/25/19, 4:48 PM
It is so strange sitting in Norway, where @Tesla is such a huge success, seen in every street and known by everyone, and reading the scepticism and critique of Teslas and EVs in other countries. Come join the movement!
https://twitter.com/m_xalher/status/1110282232093175810
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:10:49 AM by Sigmetnow »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 28, 2019, 11:57:20 PM »
Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) 3/28/19, 11:35 AM
#Tesla registered 3,102 new #Model3 VINs. ~10% estimated to be dual motor. ~0% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 332997.
https://twitter.com/model3vins/status/1111290761964720129

That’s 47,058 North American VINs since Feb 1, 2019.
139,082 total VINs for Q1.  So far. ;)
Almost double Q4’s 75,605.

Success stories:
Tesla Model 3 Fan (@teslamodel3fan) 3/24/19, 9:48 AM
84 year grandma old buys a #Model3
https://twitter.com/teslamodel3fan/status/1109814224715431936
Photo at the link.

Italy: Model 3 event.  I love the variety of the folks who made reservations (wearing red badges).
Teslectrics (@teslectrics1) 11/17/18, 7:04 AM
Milan Tesla Store Saturday at noon 
https://twitter.com/teslectrics1/status/1063764696354955265
4 photos at the link.

Vincent (@vincent13031925) 3/27/19, 12:18 PM
Spoke with my friend last night
“Hey I am thinking to get a BMW X3”
“Congrats man”
“How do you think?”
“Are you gonna spend $50k on a SUV that you still need to drive?”

He ordered a Model Y with AP+FSD
https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1110939188482826240

Steve Jobs (@tesla_truth) 2/26/19, 1:38 PM
My friend last week: “People are crazy about Tesla. It’s like a cult”
My friend this week: “I rented a Tesla for my trip and get it now. Where do I go to join the cult?
Me: Twitter
https://twitter.com/tesla_truth/status/1100465078720114688
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:19:34 AM by Sigmetnow »

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 29, 2019, 12:15:18 AM »

Not exactly.

Earl of Frunkpuppy(@28delayslater)3/28/19, 11:48 AM

[Bear]: here’s a spreadsheet of deaths caused by #Tesla

[Frunkpuppy]: actually many of these are not the even the fault of the Tesla driver

[Bear]: we stated that in the FAQ and how dare you not read that

[Frunkpuppy]: but then how is this useful and isn’t what you said misleading?

[Bear]: [crickets]
https://twitter.com/28delayslater/status/1111293894262689792

I don't even know what you are getting at here. It makes no sense.

The Twitter user posted a factual sheet of Tesla related deaths (which happen to be way higher than any other car in the price range). Then his account got suspended.

Do you actually any sort of retort?!? Or is the extend of your ability quoting a non-existent conversation theorized by someone else?
big time oops

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 29, 2019, 03:34:31 AM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/weak-tesla-deliveries-already-priced-in-analyst-says-2019-03-28
...from analysts at Baird, known bulls on Tesla which has been hit lately with mostly negative Wall Street takes about its first-quarter deliveries numbers, expected next week.

“We are buyers into the release as we believe weak deliveries are priced into the stock and think the report could be a de-risking event,” the analysts, led by Ben Kallo, said in a note Thursday. They expect Model 3 deliveries to hit 50,000, slightly below market expectations.
Analysts polled by FactSet expect Tesla to deliver 77,000 vehicles in the first quarter, including 55,000 Model 3 sedans. Concerns have swirled that demand for Tesla vehicles are lagging and margins dwindling.

https://thefly.com/landingPageNews.php?id=2884968
Negative sentiment on Tesla into Q1 'looks excessive,' says Jefferies "We can't deny some nervousness about Q1 results," Jefferies analyst Philippe Houchois tells investors in a research note on Tesla titled "Testing demand elasticity in Q1." The analyst has a Buy rating on the shares with a $450 price target. Tesla closed yesterday at $267.77. With the stock back to pre-second half of 2018 profit levels and near the $250 support level, negativity on the name into Q1 "looks excessive," contends Houchois. For Q1, he expects an EBIT loss of $50M, negative free cash flow of $350M-$400M due to inventory and transit outflow, and $3B in gross cash. He also expects 52,000 Model 3 deliveries in the quarter. The analyst keeps his estimates for the year unchanged. Tesla continues to lead towards increasingly affordable battery electric vehicles, but it is too early to gauge demand elasticity as pay-back from the end of federal credits is still being digested, says the analyst.

Updating my earlier post:

Summary of Model 3 delivery estimates:
RBC: 25000 US/NA, 21000 EU, 6500 China, 52500 Total.
Cowen: 47500 Total.
Walter MacVane: 20800 EU, 20800 China.
Alphahat: 30000+ US/NA, 19000 EU, 19000 China.
Anton Wahlman: 23760 US/NA, Europe 14031, China 3300, 41091 Total.
Anton Wahlman updated: 26360 US/NA, Europe 18283 China 3300, 47943 Total.
Tim Chowdhry: 30000 Total.
Tesla guidance: >51400 Total.
Consensus analysts: 55000 Total.
Baird: 50000 Total.
Jeffries: 52000 Total.

I get the feeling that bullish analysts (Chowdhry, Baird, Jeffries) and Tesla are downplaying expectations in order to generate a positive "surprise". Shorts (Wahlman, Cowen, RBC) are giving low numbers as well, while enthusiasts (MacVane, Alphahat, others on the web) are expecting much higher numbers.
I personally expect around 60k Model 3 deliveries. I can't believe 8 ships to China totalled less than 10-12k M3 delivered, and I think US/NA saw lots of the $37k SR+ deliveries in the last month. Also with production capacity of around 80k per quarter, I believe they produced at least 70k and will not be stuck with 20k cars in transit. I guess that makes me a current bull (and for full disclosure I am indeed long TSLA at the moment).

Forget about the hype and the stock volatility - this is the real Tesla glory/failure:
* Is there enough actual demand at current price points? (Lots of people on the web wishing for a Tesla does not necessarily translate into dollars).
* Can the company actually execute on production, shipping and delivery of the cars to satisfy this demand? At a profit?

I believe 50k Model 3 deliveries is a failure showing the company is hitting hard limits to its growth. 55k is very lukewarm. 60k is a success (and far-fetched 65k-70k if it happens is a huge success).
I also wouldn't be surprised if the company manages a profit during the quarter despite guiding a small loss. A two-week sale of software features (AP, FSD) that got a good uptake, less store closures than initially planned, and possibly sale of ZEV credits could contribute.

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 29, 2019, 03:40:37 AM »
So basically, anti-Tesla trolls are now doxing people who died while on a Tesla. They don't even find anything wrong with it.

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: March 29, 2019, 04:27:18 PM »
So basically, anti-Tesla trolls are now doxing people who died while on a Tesla. They don't even find anything wrong with it.

1) Just being opposed to Tesla does not make one a troll! Are you a pro-Tesla troll?

2) You have no idea what doxxing is apparently.

3) Do you actually believe it is wrong to refute a vague untruth with data?

P.S. Ironically you have things totally backwards, as usual. The only known case a Tesla related doxxing is Musk doxxing Tesla Bear Montana Skeptic. So if you actually believe doxxing is bad (which it is), you manage yet again to be on the wrong side of things.
big time oops

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 29, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »
“Woman dies when chunk of concrete falls on Tesla” is one of the articles included in the $TSLAQ spreadsheet of “Tesla causes death.”
Such is the accuracy of the claims therein.
The purported message of the spreadsheet that Teslas/Autopilot is dangerous.  But Autopilot is a Level 2 Driver Assist System that requires driver supervision and attention, and notification of this is repeatedly displayed to the driver. 
TSLAQ using horrible tragedy to push down a stock price. Lowest of the low.

Image below from:  https://twitter.com/28delayslater/status/1111279116177813504

Bonnie Norman (@bonnienorman) 3/28/19, 10:53 AM
Serious question for bears: Why the assumption that ElonBachmann's acct was suspended over a spreadsheet & not because of some tweets? And if you think it is because of Elon, then why haven't more egregious accounts been similarly suspended?

ie, You're smarter than this. Right?
https://twitter.com/bonnienorman/status/1111280211746676736

Bonnie Norman (@bonnienorman) 3/28/19, 10:29 AM
I'm just gobsmacked that people who claim to have highly-analytical minds are sharing that spreadsheet.
There is a reason reputable journalists won't touch it.
https://twitter.com/bonnienorman/status/1111273992495616001

[Image of a $TSLAQ tweet giving instructions how to notify others to create a new account for them if theirs is suspended….]
https://twitter.com/28delayslater/status/1111331320511295489
< This is direct violation of subverting a suspension by creating new accounts. I hope @TwitterSupport watching these accounts.

Simon Balázs (@BalazsSimonBalu) 3/28/19, 8:23 AM
so fun to watch $tslaq loseing their shit when one of thier own gets suspended from twitter, but would give their newborn baby to SEC to ban Elon from it :)
https://twitter.com/balazssimonbalu/status/1111242364608229378

————
On the other hand...:
Lex Fridman (@lexfridman) 3/26/19, 10:43 AM
For 3+ years, I've been leading a large-scale study at MIT on human interaction w/ Tesla Autopilot. First paper & video with novel, surprising results will be out next week. Looking for objective journalists. PS: @elonmusk has no influence on this work, financial or otherwise.
https://twitter.com/lexfridman/status/1110552928203538432

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 29, 2019, 08:14:01 PM »
Aziz Saba (@Saba_Capital) 3/28/19, 5:42 PM
$GM says no cut in Chevy Bolt sticker price as U.S. tax credit for EVs drops - cause they can't afford it.... no one will buy it anyway.
https://twitter.com/saba_capital/status/1111382973503303682

Which company will successfully sell their mid-priced EV?  Let’s compare:

Tesla: Reminds everyone to take advantage of tax credit before it halves at year end.  Releases more affordable Limited Edition Medium-Range Model 3.  Reduces prices $2,000 in January after tax credit reduction, to help make up the difference.
Number of Model 3 Jan-Feb US sales after tax credit cut: 6,500 + 5750 =  12,250 (but most production in Jan-Feb had been switched over to EU and China models).

GM: no mention of tax cut. No price reduction. ‘Changing sticker prices is hard.’  “Dealers will offer ‘incentives’.”  Current incentives: 14% of SRP. 
Number of Bolt Jan-Feb US sales before tax credit cut: 925 + 1225 = 2,150. Why even bother?  How long until Bolt sales go to zero?

GM says no cut in Chevy Bolt sticker price as U.S. tax credit for EVs drops
(Reuters) - General Motors Co on Thursday said it has no plan to cut the sticker price on its electric Chevrolet Bolt sedan after a federal tax credit drops by half to $3,750 (£2,875.3) on Monday.
https://in.reuters.com/article/gm-taxcredit-electric-idINKCN1R92S3
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:02:04 PM by Sigmetnow »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: March 29, 2019, 08:25:05 PM »
Seeing more and more instances of Tesla making convenient, individual home deliveries.  (U.S., Europe, and China)
What other car company does this?

Robert Capewell (@MrRobCapewell) 3/28/19, 1:57 PM
Today’s @Tesla #Model3 count: 2 on the road with owners, 6 on a transporter truck and this one on it’s way to be home delivered. Austrians love Tesla and cool fact: generate 70% of their electricity from Hydro!
https://twitter.com/mrrobcapewell/status/1111326523976531968
Image below; 2-sec video at the link

—-
Gerard Fianen (@gerardfianen) 3/28/19, 2:53 PM
Just try to imagine for a moment what is happening.
Norway is now very close to 5.000 Tesla’s delivered this MONTH.
So ONE in every THOUSAND citizens in a whole COUNTRY got their Tesla EV in just this MONTH.
Imagine in USA 327.000 (!) citizens getting their @TSLA EV this month.
https://twitter.com/gerardfianen/status/1111340427830009856

5,000 Norway deliveries in March achieved.  See graph below.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 29, 2019, 08:56:32 PM »
Showing again how far ahead of the competition Tesla is:

Tesla is adding a stop light warning to Autopilot
The feature will warn drivers when they’re about to blow through a red light
https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/24/18279536/tesla-autosteer-stop-light-warning-autopilot-software-update-red-light

Pure Tesla (@PureTesla) 3/27/19, 1:44 PM
Tested out the Autosteer Stop Light Warning feature. It even recognized a stale yellow and alerted. Great start, @elonmusk and @Tesla! #tesla
Video here:  youtu.be/jK8Lcb0Pno4
https://twitter.com/puretesla/status/1110960793649115138
10-sec video (successful warning!) at the Twitter link. 4-min vid at the Youtube link has successes and failures.

——
Stop signs, too.  And sometimes, more than just an indication!

Steve Jobs (@tesla_truth) 3/27/19, 10:36 PM
Here’s what AutoPilot will show when it detects a stop sign
from @greentheonly pic.twitter.com/i8iOIvsiKn
https://twitter.com/tesla_truth/status/1111094779381575681
Image at the link.

The Model 3 Guy (@themodel3guy) 3/28/19, 2:39 PM
This just happened. youtu.be/OKkoWdRVam8
https://twitter.com/themodel3guy/status/1111337087549079552
Video:  https://t.co/pCTV0JQ5Kl
NOA= Navigate on AutoPilot.  EAP= Enhanced AutoPilot
Nav On Autopilot switches to Enhanced AutoPilot upon leaving the highway, as usual, but the Tesla STOPS AT A STOP SIGN on its own. When accelerator is pressed, the car turns onto the intersecting road and continues the mapped journey.

————
Tesla is one of the world’s Most Innovative Companies, says noted consulting firm
The Boston Consulting Group’s 13th annual report, which defines the world’s most innovative companies, has listed California-based electric car maker Tesla as 9th in its rankings. Tesla is the lone automaker that made the group’s Top 10 list, which is dominated by tech companies like Alphabet/Google, Amazon, and Apple. ...
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-most-innovative-companies-in-2019-ranking/

magnamentis

« Reply #1775 on: March 29, 2019, 09:07:14 PM »
One of the favorite beliefs of Tesla doubters is: “These record sales are just temporary.  Once all the cultists finish buying their cars, sales will evaporate.”  This exact thing was claimed about the Model S.  And the Model X.  And now the Model 3.

at least in this forum most of the "doubters" claim not what you say but claim that tesla is burning money and i claim that the debts are so high that upon the next blow, be it tech, market, stock-crash or any other kind of major turbulence will crash the card house, be it self-inflicted or not, does not matter while the pre-conditioning was done by pre-start-up like management at a time when professional and skilled managers should have taken over.

i have my sympathies for the way it started and definitely like some of their products, namely model S and the roadster but it simply won't work out that way economically, at least not without buy-out or merger.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: March 29, 2019, 09:33:48 PM »

at least in this forum most of the "doubters" claim not what you say...

Your claim, and I quote:

enjoy for as long as it lasts, it's a hype in new markets where some were longing but it won't last

magnamentis

« Reply #1777 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:39 PM »

Your claim, and I quote:

yes and if you combine what you quoted "it won't last" with what i claimed it's exactly coherent.

all good, don't forget that i repeatedly state that i like the products (except one) perhaps i should send proof but that again would be interpreted in different ways LOL

"big smile"

8)

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 30, 2019, 12:05:19 AM »
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/teslas-price-target-model-3-expectations-cut-at-deutsche-bank-2019-03-29

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3446812-jpmorgan-reels-estimates-tesla

Summary of Q1 Model 3 delivery estimates:
RBC: 25000 US/NA, 21000 EU, 6500 China, 52500 Total.
Cowen: 47500 Total.
Walter MacVane: 20800 EU, 20800 China.
Alphahat: 30000+ US/NA, 19000 EU, 19000 China.
Anton Wahlman: 23760 US/NA, Europe 14031, China 3300, 41091 Total.
Anton Wahlman updated: 26360 US/NA, Europe 18283 China 3300, 47943 Total.
Tim Chowdhry: 30000 Total.
Tesla guidance: >51400 Total.
Consensus analysts: 55000 Total.
Baird: 50000 Total.
Jeffries: 52000 Total.
Deutsche Bank: 52400 Total.
JP Morgan: 50000 Total.
Oren: 60000 Total.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 30, 2019, 12:31:53 AM »

Your claim, and I quote:

yes and if you combine what you quoted "it won't last" with what i claimed it's exactly coherent.

all good, don't forget that i repeatedly state that i like the products (except one) perhaps i should send proof but that again would be interpreted in different ways LOL

"big smile"

8)

It sounds (to me) like you think Tesla’s nimbleness (and, OK, eccentricity ;) ), preclude success because of a heightened risk from any financial stressors.... While I think those same qualities mean they can adjust and survive.  From Elon’s comments, your thinking may have been correct last year when the company bet everything on the ramp of the Model 3.  But now, that ramp is proving to be ~successful... and thus going forward the company will have sufficient income for organic growth and profitability which has been their target since 1Q2018.

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 30, 2019, 01:28:24 AM »

<snipped irrelevant text; N.>

It sounds (to me) like you think Tesla’s nimbleness (and, OK, eccentricity ;) ), preclude success because of a heightened risk from any financial stressors.... While I think those same qualities mean they can adjust and survive.  From Elon’s comments, your thinking may have been correct last year when the company bet everything on the ramp of the Model 3.  But now, that ramp is proving to be ~successful... and thus going forward the company will have sufficient income for organic growth and profitability which has been their target since 1Q2018.

Every vehicle ramp has been "successful" in the short term. But then reality returns and there is never an annual profit. Tesla is a capital destorying juggernaut. How do you not realize this?

How is Tesla going to do better with the model 3 than the last 2 quarters? They do not have the capacity to produce more vehicles (and it seems that the demand is not there anyways). They sold to the most lucrative customers first and eliminated that backlog in a few months. How will anything get better?!? It won't. The pattern is super clear.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:25:35 AM by Neven »
big time oops

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: March 30, 2019, 09:11:32 AM »
But now, that ramp is proving to be ~successful... and thus going forward the company will have sufficient income for organic growth and profitability which has been their target since 1Q2018.
Sig, I generally agree but with one major caveat - it all depends on sustained strong demand at current price points, once the initial 3-year backlog is served, which could happen by the end of Q2 for high-end models abroad, and by the end of the year for the standard model. Despite natural optimism and good reasons why more people will realize the advantages of EVs in general and the Model 3 in particular, you cannot know the rate of incoming new orders after the initial wave.
We will have more data after Q1 results, especially if we have a breakdown of North America, which finished its initial demand wave for high-end models at the end of Q4.
BTW is there a number of Model 3 deliveries you expect for Q1? I will happily add it to my list.
Others feel free to join the guessing game.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: March 30, 2019, 09:34:19 AM »
Lots of posts in this thread are hype. Actual new orders and deliveries are not hype.

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: March 30, 2019, 01:03:23 PM »
Lots of posts in this thread are hype. Actual new orders and deliveries are not hype.

This is true. And some of your recent comments about the crutch of the whole issue being the level of demand...I agree with.

BUT, the numbers that Tesla reports are not necessarily the actual numbers.
big time oops

GoSouthYoungins

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: March 30, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »
<snip, moved to SpaceX thread; N.>
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:52:37 PM by Neven »
big time oops

magnamentis

« Reply #1785 on: March 30, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »

a) i shall consider the possiblitiy that i'm stuck in last years cocoon
.   consider mean i'll do run a self-check) agains the known parameters

b) not with-speaking the above i think that sales are overvalued/rated.

why?

because turnover means not much as compared to profit/loss and if we look back how many cars were sold by major players that went bankrupt recently in the year before they filed that tells it all.

i thank you for seeding the thought that i might have to re-think everything based on new development, after all, humans tend to stick to their old believes too often for too long, at times they do so until the facts drop on their feet or heads ;) ;)

EDIT: coherence and stubbornness are very close friends :D :D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:47:36 PM by magnamentis »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 30, 2019, 01:43:58 PM »
BTW is there a number of Model 3 deliveries you expect for Q1? I will happily add it to my list.
Others feel free to join the guessing game.

It’s fun to try to guess the number of Q1 deliveries!
The GLOVIS ships can carry 6,000+ cars; some others even more.  But being an EV, Tesla cars weigh more than average, so that may decrease the number the ship can carry.  And ships could be carrying vehicles from other carmakers in the same load….

The Zeebrugge port company said they were contracted to handle 3,000 Teslas a week.  But ‘Tesla ships’ are also going to other European/ Norwegian ports, too.  One Tesla prep station in Norway was told they would be handling over 10,000 cars in Q1....

And Elon Musk tweeted a photo of a ship at the San Francisco pier with the comment, “4000 Tesla cars loading in SF for Europe.”
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1098009983931707393

(Eight ships to Europe + eight to China) x ?,??? = ??,???
And US/Canada = ??,???

I’ve seen too many estimates based on different but reasonable data to come up with my own. :)  We’ll soon see!

———
Meanwhile, the streets of Beijing are starting to resemble those of California and Norway. ;) :o

Images below:  Beijing street.  Beijing Tesla Delivery Center (one of several).  Beijing parking lot full of cars preparing to be home delivered.

https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1109993046177775621

https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1111502040033718272

https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1110993353804406784

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 30, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
b) not with-speaking the above i think that sales are overvalued/rated.

why?

because turnover means not much as compared to profit/loss and if we look back how many cars were sold by major players that went bankrupt recently in the year before they filed that tells it all.

“Food for thought” from the Tesla Q4 2018 Update Letter:
Despite introducing a lower-priced mid-range variant and other headwinds, Model 3’s gross margin remained stable in Q4 at over 20%.

We continue to target a 25% Model 3 non-GAAP gross margin at some point in 2019. While there are many moving parts that will ultimately determine gross margin, we believe that significant cost reductions combined with better fixed-cost absorption and careful management of mix should enable us to get to this profit level. We expect that gross margin for Model S and Model X should remain relatively stable compared to 2018. [At over 20%.]

Since Model Y will be built on the Model 3 platform and is designed to share about 75% of its components with Model 3, the cost of the Model Y production line should be substantially lower than the Model 3 line in Fremont, and the production ramp should also be faster.

Margins this high are practically unheard of in the car industry, and non-existent for any other EV maker. 
(Source: Sandy Munro)

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 30, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »
But now, that ramp is proving to be ~successful... and thus going forward the company will have sufficient income for organic growth and profitability which has been their target since 1Q2018.
Sig, I generally agree but with one major caveat - it all depends on sustained strong demand at current price points, once the initial 3-year backlog is served, which could happen by the end of Q2 for high-end models abroad, and by the end of the year for the standard model. Despite natural optimism and good reasons why more people will realize the advantages of EVs in general and the Model 3 in particular, you cannot know the rate of incoming new orders after the initial wave.
We will have more data after Q1 results, especially if we have a breakdown of North America, which finished its initial demand wave for high-end models at the end of Q4.

But what about the next demand wave?  :)  Demand slumps or “buyer fatigue” is an oft-stated reason given for projecting a softening of future sales — but as I noted above (link below), history has shown this is not a significant factor with Tesla.  The market is too extensive: luxury car customers, mid-range car customers, and lower-priced car customers who will perform a “Tesla Stretch” and spend more money on a Tesla than they have on any car they have ever owned.  And, so many people are not yet familiar with the joys and addictive quality of driving a Tesla.  The Total Addressable Market is vast.

And there’s even more ahead for the Model 3:
More deliveries to fulfill record Europe orders
Right-hand drive markets, including India, Japan, UK, Australia, Ireland and New Zealand
Roll out of lower price Standard Range and Standard Range Plus in all markets
China gigafactory, producing Standard Range Model 3 (and later, Model Y) for the world’s biggest car market and APAC countries starting this summer
Leasing (this is huge in the US)

And Tesla hasn’t even begun traditional advertising!

By the time Model 3 sales begin to level off, the Model Y will be in production, with that popular format expected to sell “more than Models S, X, and 3 combined.”
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,2406.msg193134.html#msg193134

Another factor:  With every software update comes new technology, new capabilities; new reasons to want a Tesla!  And early buyers of non-Performance Model 3 are trading in their cars for a Performance Model 3, now that they’ve seen what it can do....

Edit:  And I have seen many, many instances on Twitter where once a family get a Tesla, nobody wants to drive their other ICE car.  It just feels noisy, old, rattling, and smelly.  And they’d just as soon keep their kids away from it.  The wife may take the Tesla and simply not let the husband take it anymore.  As soon as they can, they get another Tesla!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 02:41:34 PM by Sigmetnow »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 30, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »

Edit:  And I have seen many, many instances on Twitter where once a family get a Tesla, nobody wants to drive their other ICE car.  It just feels noisy, old, rattling, and smelly.  And they’d just as soon keep their kids away from it.  The wife may take the Tesla and simply not let the husband take it anymore.  As soon as they can, they get another Tesla!

Example below (and see the replies)  ;D :

Earl of FrunkPuppy (@28delayslater) 3/17/19, 12:22 PM
When your notorious weekend #Tesla stealing spouse says:
“Don’t worry, I left you the Tesla”......
https://twitter.com/28delayslater/status/1107316239788097536
Video clip at the link.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 30, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
Tesla Semi truck on the job!

Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 3/30/19, 5:37 PM
Tesla Semi delivering Tesla cars
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1112106548363292672
Image below.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:15:09 PM by Sigmetnow »

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 31, 2019, 08:22:47 PM »
Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 3/30/19, 1:00 PM
Amazing work by Tesla Delivery teams, especially in Europe & China! Most insane logistics challenge I’ve ever seen. Thanks also to many country & city officials for your help this weekend! Super appreciated.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1112036985504317442

China deliveries in March 2019 appear to be greater than total China deliveries over the last 10 months!
Vincent (@vincent13031925) 3/30/19, 1:26 PM
Base on my calculation, Tesla March delivery in China > last 10 months delivery in China. A new record is coming. It’s crazy how people love Tesla in China.
https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1112043313006153728

Vincent (@vincent13031925) 3/31/19, 3:24 AM
Pictures Update.  Tesla Beijing Delivery Center. March 31st 2019
Tesla Q1 China Delivery number gonna surprise all of us, no matter you are bulls or bears
$TSLA #Tesla #China #TeslaChina #特斯拉 #中国
https://twitter.com/vincent13031925/status/1112254445046226944
Photo below. The Tesla China website lists 17 Delivery Centers in the country.

Sam Albuquerque (@OfficialABQ) 3/30/19, 5:41 PM
@Tesla Model 3 home delivery in Germany using a Model X. When its time for my Model 3 in the UK, I want it to be done exactly like this.
Image via: @JochenRudat Director, Central Europe at Tesla, Inc pic.twitter.com/uHZ5GBHjEH
https://twitter.com/officialabq/status/1112107484255277059
Photo below.

A Model 3 was home-delivered in California by a Tesla rep.  She went over the car’s features with the customer, then took an Uber back to the Delivery Center.

Steve Jobs (@tesla_truth) 3/30/19, 5:34 PM
7008 Teslas registered in Norway this quarter!
over 1 week of the quarters production, just for Norway!
Thank you to all our norwegian friends. Let’s make history together
https://twitter.com/tesla_truth/status/1112105866549878784

Mark Joosten (@markjoosten) 3/30/19, 12:18 PM
Thursday 513 M3s where delivered in The Netherlands, almost as much as the whole month of February combined! The last 5 days a total of 1271 M3s where delivered, bringing the total to 2114 for this month, making it most likely the bestselling car in The Netherlands for March.
https://twitter.com/markjoosten/status/1112026390399016960
Chart below.

Nico Jansen (@_nicojs) 3/30/19, 1:16 PM
@elonmusk Thanks also to the delivery team in Belgium. Indeed insane efforts. From ship to my home in 2 days
https://twitter.com/_nicojs/status/1112040923939201024
Photo at the link.

Tesla sales by country will vary in coming months, due to shipping logistics and unique production for a country’s requirements being done in batches, as Elon Musk explained.  But the addition of the mass-market Model 3 means numbers like the left side of the graph below are a thing of the past.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 31, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Preparing for Q2 international production!
Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) 3/30/19, 12:46 PM
#Tesla registered 3,447 new #Model3 VINs. ~94% estimated to be dual motor. ~94% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 336444.
https://twitter.com/model3vins/status/1112033294118346752

Will Fealey (@WillFealey) 3/30/19, 8:03 PM
@elonmusk UK next please. I’ve already given the delivery teams a note to say we have the majority of the 4000 verified owners within @TeslaOwnersUK willing to help wherever needed. Making coffees, helping with handovers, chatting to people etc
https://twitter.com/willfealey/status/1112143352311492609

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 31, 2019, 08:30:42 PM »
——Compound Annual Growth Rate——
James Stephenson (@ICannot_Enough) 3/30/19, 10:14 AM
Back in 2014, Mark was right to point out that a 56% CAGR was a pretty outrageous goal. But then $TSLA did it.
Tesla's actual revenue CAGR from 2013 to 2018 was 61%.

And I'm forecasting they'll actually make 500,000 in a 12-month period before the end of 2020.
https://twitter.com/icannot_enough/status/1111995237189210113
<  Tesla’s goal wasn’t crazy enough. Unreal.

Graph below.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 01, 2019, 04:23:08 AM »
Norway: No other car has had the number of sales the Tesla Model 3 attained in March.  Nothing even close.

Lasse Edvardsen (@nasalahe) 3/31/19, 4:06 PM
Ok. It’s March 31. and 10pm in Norway. I guess registrations is over for this month and quarter
So what happened in March? I will sum up in the comments ;) Hint: Tesla broke almost every record there is to break  :o
https://twitter.com/nasalahe/status/1112446183589535745
1/
This happened in March:
- Top 8 days of registration ever in Norway is in March 2019. All of them are Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla Model 3 is, by far, the most sold car ever in Norway, of any kind, with 5305 cars. Broke Nissan Leafs old record at 2387.
2/
- There was more than twice as much Model 3’s registered in March (5305) as Jaguar I-Pace total registrations ever (2004)!
- Jaguar I-Pace had 442 registrations in March. Model 3 had 551 in ONE day. March 26th!
3/
- Model 3 most sold car in March with 5305. Next on the list is e-Golf with 957!!
- Model 3 most sold car in 2019.
- Model 3 10th most sold EV ever.
- Total Teslas registered was 5818. New record!

—-
Dag Levkowetz (@zhell666) 3/30/19, 7:00 AM
 In a litle bit more than a month #Tesla M3 has a reached a market share of more than 2.5% of total EVs sold in Norway.
https://twitter.com/zhell666/status/1111946361631637504

Rob Dekker

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #1795 on: April 01, 2019, 08:31:38 AM »
Norway: No other car has had the number of sales the Tesla Model 3 attained in March.  Nothing even close.

Lasse Edvardsen (@nasalahe) 3/31/19, 4:06 PM
Ok. It’s March 31. and 10pm in Norway. I guess registrations is over for this month and quarter
So what happened in March? I will sum up in the comments ;) Hint: Tesla broke almost every record there is to break  :o
https://twitter.com/nasalahe/status/1112446183589535745

This happened in March:
- Top 8 days of registration ever in Norway is in March 2019. All of them are Tesla Model 3.
- Tesla Model 3 is, by far, the most sold car ever in Norway, of any kind, with 5305 cars. Broke Nissan Leafs old record at 2387.

- There was more than twice as much Model 3’s registered in March (5305) as Jaguar I-Pace total registrations ever (2004)!
- Jaguar I-Pace had 442 registrations in March. Model 3 had 551 in ONE day. March 26th!

- Model 3 most sold car in March with 5305. Next on the list is e-Golf with 957!!
- Model 3 most sold car in 2019.
- Model 3 10th most sold EV ever.
- Total Teslas registered was 5818. New record!

Sig. Each of these records individually would have been great.
But all of them combined is INSANE !

Go Norway ! Go Tesla !
This is our planet. This is our time.
Let's not waste either.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1336
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #1796 on: April 01, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
Today I'm snipping or entirely removing off-topic comments again.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 01, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
Today I'm snipping or entirely removing off-topic comments again.

*sits on hands for quite some time...*

———-
Tesla Model 3 batteries have over 4x less cobalt than Volkswagen’s current cells
Frank Blome, Head of the Center of Excellence for Battery Cells at Volkswagen, noted to the publication that the batteries for the Volkswagen I.D.3 (a car formerly dubbed the ID Neo) contain 12-14% cobalt. In comparison, Tesla has succeeded in reducing the cobalt content of the Model 3’s batteries to just 2.8% as of last year. Tesla has continued its battery research since then, hinting at even lower cobalt levels in the present iterations of its electric sedan
Tesla’s mastery in electric car batteries is among the company’s strongest advantages in the market. Having started its work on batteries for over a decade, Tesla is literally years ahead of the competition. A study from advisory firm Benchmark Mineral Intelligence last year concluded that from the early days of the Model S to the Model 3, Tesla was able to reduce its cobalt consumption by an average of 59% per vehicle.

Elon Musk himself has noted that Tesla is aiming to reach a point where its batteries use almost no cobalt. The company explained this in its Q1 2018 Update Letter, where it highlighted the high energy density of the Model 3’s battery cells. “Cells used in Model 3 are the highest energy density cells used in any electric vehicle. We have achieved this by significantly reducing cobalt content per battery pack while increasing nickel content and still maintaining superior thermal stability. The cobalt content of our Nickel-Cobalt-Aluminum cathode chemistry is already lower than next-generation cathodes that will be made by other cell producers with a Nickel-Manganese-Cobalt ratio of 8:1:1,” Tesla wrote.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-batteries-cobalt-volkswagen/

RikW

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1798 on: April 01, 2019, 02:49:51 PM »
2.707 tesla model 3 registered in the netherlands in first Quarter - https://www.bovag.nl/nieuws/autoverkoop-in-eerste-kwartaal-ruim-14-procent-in

first quarter numbers:
Volkswagen Golf (inclusief Sportsvan) met 3.626 stuks en 3,1 procent marktaandeel
Ford Focus (3.567 / 3,1 procent)
Volkswagen Polo (3.402 / 2,9 procent)
KIA Picanto (3.109 / 2,7 procent)
Tesla Model 3 (2.707 / 2,3 procent)

Most registered model in march, 5,6% of all registrations.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5304
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1799 on: April 01, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »
Qu 1 results out very soon. Perhaps a bit more light (data) will be shed on the darkness (opinion unsupported by data)
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)