Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Trump Science  (Read 3172 times)

LRC1962

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 3
Trump Science
« on: September 29, 2018, 01:49:10 AM »
Not sure exactly where to put this. Maybe sad comedy?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-administration-sees-a-7-degree-rise-in-global-temperatures-by-2100/2018/09/27/b9c6fada-bb45-11e8-bdc0-90f81cc58c5d_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6878d7e39b9a
WH logic. Temps will rise 7F by 2100 which will cause massive sea level rise and catastrophic conditions on land. Based on their theory that this will happen no matter what is done as it already is in the pipe, return to 1960's BSU levels of emissions because if the world is going to be a disaster by 2100 why not enjoy life the way we did back then?
**face plant**
This has to be a joke right?
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; Second,  it is violently opposed; and Third, it is accepted as self-evident."
       - Arthur Schopenhauer

Buddy

• Young ice
  • Go DUCKS!!
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 34
Re: Trump Science
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:05:24 AM »
No joke.  Basically F##K the earth ..... so have a good time while we are here.  Of course, Iā€™m sure Hillary would have done the same thing. 😉
FOX (RT) News....."The Trump Channel.....where truth and journalism are dead."

Sleepy

• Nilas ice
  • Retired, again...
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:07:02 AM »
Thanks, but life is hard for us Europeans when reading stuff from the other side of the pond. First we have to deal with GDPR which is impossible to bypass on some sites over there. After that, many have their subscription schemes like WaPo. But I did get around both of these just to read this.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/ld_cafe_my2021-26_deis_0.pdf

Should fit in the cars thread LRC? Haven't visted that thread for a while. Maybe I'll even stop visiting the Internet, on my recent leave my mood was a lot better...
Adding table gobbledygook below.

This should fit in here as well as in the oil thread.
http://www.environmentalintegrity.org/news/31-new-or-expanded-petrochemical-plants/
Since 2016, state regulators in Louisiana and Texas have approved 31 new oil, gas, and petrochemical projects along the Gulf Coast that will add another 50 million tons of greenhouse gas pollution ā€“ the equivalent of 11 new coal-fired power plants.

These new projects add to a petrochemical construction boom underway since at least 2012, as investors build or expand liquid natural gas (LNG) terminals, refineries, ethylene crackers, and chemical and fertilizer plants to cash in on cheap and plentiful supplies of oil and gas unleashed by fracking.

Overall, Texas and Louisiana have issued Clean Air Act permits for 74 projects since 2012 that are located within 70 miles of the Gulf Coast shoreline, according to an Environmental Integrity Project review of state records. These permits allow these new installations to add 134 million tons of global warming pollution to the atmosphere every year ā€“ as much as 29 new coal-fired power plants running around the clock.
Omnia mirari, etiam tritissima.
-
Science is a jealous mistress and takes little account of a man's feelings.

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »
Yeah they have been priming people for this for a while. Climate change is real, is going to be bad, but we can't do shit about it. Let evolution run its course.

The fools have completely convinced themselves that evolution will favor them.  They convinced themselves that the poor and brown will die and they will survive. They are probably dreaming up perfect homogeneous societies post collapse.

They are already priming for the culling sowing fear about immigrants. People are cheering for concentration camps.

Then I go to ASIF and read the cryosphere forum and am reminded that no puny human can possibly prepare for the coming changes.

Our only shot is to cooperate in a world wide effort that dwarfs WW2 or the apollo program to stop climate change.

But people have chosen fear and comfortable lies. Wrong move.
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Pmt111500

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
Yeah they have been priming people for this for a while. Climate change is real, is going to be bad, but we can't do shit about it. Let evolution run its course.

The fools have completely convinced themselves that evolution will favor them.  They convinced themselves that the poor and brown will die and they will survive. They are probably dreaming up perfect homogeneous societies post collapse.

They are already priming for the culling sowing fear about immigrants. People are cheering for concentration camps.

Then I go to ASIF and read the cryosphere forum and am reminded that no puny human can possibly prepare for the coming changes.

Our only shot is to cooperate in a world wide effort that dwarfs WW2 or the apollo program to stop climate change.

May I quote this? Would attribute of course.

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »
Of course.
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Human Habitat Index

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:35 AM »

It is too late to stop destruction, heat and feedbacks baked in.

The only debate is timing.
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation. - Herbert Spencer

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 03:06:59 AM »
I agree. Very bad times are ahead no matter what. The choices for us are to prepare or not prepare and to make it worse or start fixing it.

If we prepare well enough and take the steps necesary to bring down CO2 AND restore the Arctic, it will be ugly but some semblance of civilization will survive and maybe thrive when/if climate stability is reached.

If we listen to this fool and ignore the dangers while we eat and drink the last of the planet we are toast.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1159
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »
How Trump's New Trade Deal Could Prolong His Pollution Legacy
The U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade deal replacing NAFTA could make it harder in the future to restore pollution regulations that protect health and climate.
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/04102018/trump-trade-deal-climate-change-canada-mexico-pollution-outsourcing-nafta-usmca
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.