Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Joe Biden  (Read 1432 times)

The Walrus

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: Joe Biden
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
Phoenix,

I think your first and last statements are the most important.  Namely, the black community (which Hillary could not bring on board) and Bob Dole in that he is likeable (unlike Hillary again).  The middle has support among Democrats, but not so much with the Independents, who he needs to win over. 

Phoenix

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2020, 09:42:04 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xg8wya/trumps-poll-numbers-are-so-bad-the-gop-is-starting-to-panic-about-a-wipeout

“The environment really sucks for us right now. We’ve got a worldwide pandemic, the economy is slipping and now we have a race war tacked on,” warned one GOP strategist involved in multiple races. “If the election were held today, we’d be talking about a wipeout. We’d be in landslide territory.”

<removed tracking - BK>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:04:01 PM by blumenkraft »

Phoenix

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/19/amy-klobuchar-rules-herself-out-as-possible-biden-running-mate

Klobuchar is out of the VP picture. Calls for a woman of color.

I'm not seeing a role for Klobuchar in a Biden Administration. She might have been qualified for Attorney General but her small connection to the cop who killed George Floyd is not appealing.

Freegrass

• Nilas ice
  • None but our self can free our minds
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 450
  • Likes Given: 534
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
Write me down for Susan Rice as VP. She was just on MSNBC with Andrea Mitchell, and her body language tells me she'll be the one. She's ready for the job.
If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.

Phoenix

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
Kamala Harris' wikipedia page is getting extensive modification to remove unflattering content. A potential sign that she is the favorite in the veepstakes.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/02/kamala-harris-wikipedia/

Freegrass

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden Campaign
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:50 PM »
The last presidential election was about border security. This election seems to be going towards domestic security. From "build that wall" to "save the police". And who'll win that fight do you think?
If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.

Freegrass

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Biden Campaign
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2020, 04:34:55 PM »
It's the economy stupid!

If the stock market stays as high as it is now, Trump has a powerful message to sell. One week is an eternity in politics, and who's the best at dictating the message? Do you really think Biden will be able to talk about his policies? Do you think they can't do to him what they did to Clinton?

I completely agree with you, it's looking really bad for Trump right now, but do you really think people will remember this in November?

The only unknown is the pandemic. But what if the bastard is right, and Oxfort does come out with a vaccine before the election? Who'll win then? Trump will be seen as a genius...

And I always said that it will be a third party that will decide this election.

To be continued...
Fauci was powerful for Trump at the hearing just now. Vaccine at the end of this year for all Americans.

TAKE THAT BIDEN!

Oh shit...