Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Political theatre/wrestling  (Read 39307 times)

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Political theatre/wrestling
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »
It's difficult to understand why so many Europeans don't understand who their enemy is. I'd always understood that many Europeans were fluent, at least to some degree in English.
Terry

99.9% (one exception) of all the people in europe and elsewhere know exactly who the real evil-doers are since they camouflaged as natives and killed their own people to get the cavalry.

however that might be for a few reasons like:

- the kind of people i talk to ;)

- the kind of people i know would never get involved in this system, no matter which country

- the kind of people i meet but don't know i meet in places where the conformists don't usually meet, at least not in masses, not snobby enough probably.

- i wouldn't go very far with someone who's idolizing the wrong people and things.

but however that may be terry, there are very many people over here in europe who know exactly what's going on and who the enemy is but rather disconnect from the system than fight agains
windmills like "Don Quixote"

BTW i like the whiff of anger i believe to have sniffed, let's teach our descendants and those around us an, knowledge and understanding are the only ways to beat the system which is why they tried so hard to hide knowledge from the average people and that will change hopefully.

in fact i fear that they'll find their ways to deprive our descendants from the sources soon, in part certain search algorithms and other restrictions already hint into that direction and clean the road for when it's gonna happen, let's see ;)

nice weekend @all

The democratization of knowledge that the internet has brought to us all may prove to be an ephemeral gift. I don't think that it can be argued that TPTB are happy that we now have access to much of the information that they were once able to use to keep us in line.

The alternative search engines are giving us some breathing room, but they've responded by opening Overton windows ever further from whatever passes for the truth, then dangling false narratives for us to embrace.

With AI being pushed by Cambridge Analitica and it's ilk, politicians can refine their message until black appears white.

Somehow we need to keep whatever message we're following brightly enough lit that it can't be obscured by untruths fed to us by dishonest pitch men, who's primary motivation is our disenfranchisement.

When we're privy to an American official telling another American official that they're going to meddle in the affairs of a European country, and that the wishes of Europe mean nothing to them, then we need to object at the ballot box when our politicians don't respond to this affront.

If American LNG is a better product at a better price than the Russian alternative, then our politicians should be welcoming it.
If Russian Piped gas is available at a better price, this option should be made available.

Believing that the country that says FORK YOU has your best interests at heart is foolish at best, and I don't think anyone can afford foolish politicians in these perilous times.
Terry

magnamentis

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2018, 01:43:10 AM »
.......need to object at the ballot box when our politicians don't respond to this affront.

while i agree with what you say there is a little problem with the ballot box:

- there is no sound alternative, it's the same medal with different colors on each side

- the only ballot box i know has a real value is the swiss one and while even there the gov
. is watering the will of the people until it can hardly be recognized, the people can bring the
. same topic up again and again until they comply in an acceptable manner, even though it takes
. a lot of time to achieve a goal that way and in the mean time the money and the lobbies seek and
. find new loopholes.

nevertheless, voting with the wallet and by civil disobedience is the way to go while it comes
with a price tag that is either money, reputation, safety or all of them.

the day i decided to learn to say no my income dropped by 90% and the numbers of so called "friends" as well LOL, of course i'm a happy man with what remains which is what they will never
understand, that less can be much more, not say mostly is much more.

another thing i recognized is that the system is getting fully aware of those who are willing to opt out without living under the bridge and consider them as dangerous and instead of beheading people like before they make them kind "persona non-grata" and not that many are strong enough to withstand that pressure with it's impact on the family and the business relationships.

last but not least it takes quite a few extra skills to manage over decades and it takes the luck to have the right citizenship. there are jurisdiction where it's a lot harder than in others.

this is meant to add to what you said without taking a single "jota" away ;) i fully agree

8)

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2018, 01:37:38 AM »
Just Theatre

President Donald Trump’s company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

Two US law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed News that Michael Cohen, Trump’s personal lawyer at the time, discussed the idea with a representative of Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s press secretary.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/anthonycormier/the-trump-organization-planned-to-give-vladimir-putin-the

Because representatives of press secretaries need to be kept in the loop. ::)
Terry

I let this pass at the time, now I have a moment to reply.

You point out that the Russian's they were negotiating with may not be directly connected to Putin, but this is irrelevant to whether Cohen's (and almost certainly Trump's) actions were illegal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/12/02/trump-presidency-threatened-50-million-penthouse-gift-putin-column/2169500002/

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2018, 02:22:35 AM »
Just Theatre

President Donald Trump’s company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

Two US law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed News that Michael Cohen, Trump’s personal lawyer at the time, discussed the idea with a representative of Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s press secretary.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/anthonycormier/the-trump-organization-planned-to-give-vladimir-putin-the

Terry

You point out that the Russian's they were negotiating with may not be directly connected to Putin, but this is irrelevant to whether Cohen's (and almost certainly Trump's) actions were illegal.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/12/02/trump-presidency-threatened-50-million-penthouse-gift-putin-column/2169500002/

I believe I was attempting to point out that covert operations are not usually handled so publicly.

AFAIK the latest is that Mueller's acceptance of parts of Cohen's testimony prove that the Orange One and President Putin are both in the clear.

I'll see if I can find the article if you'd be interested.
Terry

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2018, 03:00:51 AM »
Just Theatre

Terry

I believe I was attempting to point out that covert operations are not usually handled so publicly.

AFAIK the latest is that Mueller's acceptance of parts of Cohen's testimony prove that the Orange One and President Putin are both in the clear.

I'll see if I can find the article if you'd be interested.
Terry

Thanks, drop a link if you come across it and I will read it.

We'll probably be quiet distracted by something else though by the time you find it.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2018, 05:15:25 AM »

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2018, 12:23:44 PM »
https://billmoyers.com/2014/06/27/the-first-iraq-war-was-also-sold-to-the-public-based-on-a-pack-of-lies/?utm_source=samizdat&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=free

This isn't political theatre. These are true things that deserve every attention they get, even almost 30 years later. Better suited in the US Empire thread.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

ASILurker

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2018, 12:11:03 AM »
The Mueller investigation and the Roger Stone "drama" claims and denials blah blah. Several Randy Credico i'views by Jimmy Dore have been posted here before.

Randy Credico Exclusive Tell-All with Abby Martin on Wikileaks & Roger Stone

In this exclusive extended interview, Randy Credico tells his side of the story on his role in the Russia investigation, his upcoming interview with Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and true nature of his relationship with Trump campaign advisor Roger Stone.

With never before revealed details about Roger Stone and the Mueller investigation, Credico details his long-standing ties to the political operative and answers the hard questions about his alleged coordination with Wikileaks. The interview highlights the larger context of the multi-front assault on Julian Assange, Wikileaks and the future of press freedom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Credico

Red

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2018, 01:06:05 AM »
https://billmoyers.com/2014/06/27/the-first-iraq-war-was-also-sold-to-the-public-based-on-a-pack-of-lies/?utm_source=samizdat&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=free

This isn't political theatre. These are true things that deserve every attention they get, even almost 30 years later. Better suited in the US Empire thread.

Wasn't sure where to put it. Seems that it might fit in a number of threads.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2018, 09:20:52 PM »
Mueller will do as he's told, and given that Trump is part of the swamp, there's a good chance nothing will happen (but enough chum given to keep plenty of people distracted).
The enemy is within

E. Smith

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2018, 11:12:54 PM »

Almost everything Mueller has, the perjury and lying cases, are crimes he created through the process of investigating. He’s Schroeder’s Box: the infractions only exist when he tries to look at them. Mueller created most of his booked charges by asking questions he already knew the answers to, hoping his witness would lie and commit new crimes literally in front of him. Nobody should be proud of lying, but it seems a helluva way to contest a completed election as Trump enters the third year of his term.

Mueller’s end product, his report, will most likely claim that a lot of unsavory things went on. But it seems increasingly unlikely that he’ll have any evidence Trump worked with Russia to win the election, let alone that Trump is now under Putin’s control. If Mueller had a smoking gun, we’d be watching impeachment hearings by now.

To paraphrase

After years of investigation the prosecution will be forced to admit that the charges of collusion were fabricated and that Mrs. Clinton did not lose the election because of the Russians.

Are those that believed that Trump hired hookers to pee in a bed that Obama had slept on finally aware of just how bizarre this claim is/was?

Clinton's attempts to identify a scapegoat, rather than admitting her own incompetence has come close to starting WWIII. What an evil twisted woman. What an evil twisted system.
Terry

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1046
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2018, 12:16:05 AM »
Isikoff retreats on Russiagate claims:

--
“Would you agree that a lot of what is in the Steele Dossier has been at least somewhat vindicated?”

“No,” said Isikoff flatly.
--

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/12/19/michael-isikoff-cuts-his-loses-at-russian-roulette/

sidd

Red

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »
http://www.voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/White_Book_Voltaire_Network_-2.pdf
CONCLUSION
The facts set forth above clearly demonstrate that under the influence of extremists from ultranationalistic and neo-Nazi forces, and with the active multidimensional support of the USA and the European Union and its members, the protests in Ukraine which bore an initially peaceful character rapidly escalated into a coercive rebellion and, in the end, the forceful seizure of power and an unconstitutional coup d'etat. These dramatic events were accompanied by widespread and gross violations of human rights and freedoms on the part of the self-proclaimed government and its supporters. As a result, manifestations of extremist, ultranationalist, and neo-Nazistic sentiments, religious intolerance, xenophobia, blatant blackmail, threats, pressure placed by the Maidan leaders on their opponents, «purges» and arrests amongst them, repression, physical violence, and sometimes plain criminal lawlessness have become commonplace in Ukraine.
In all of Ukraine’s regions, but especially in the southeastern part of the country, Ukrainian radical nationalists, instructed by the de facto authorities in Kiev and their external patrons, are ramping up the pressure on Russian-speaking citizens who do not want to lose the centuries-old ties that bind them to Russia and Russian culture. Moreover, affairs are being conducted Maidan-style — through the use of threats, intimidation, physical violence, and heinous attempts to obliterate Russian culture and identity among the inhabitants of these regions of Ukraine.
Unfortunately, all of the gross human rights violations and violations of the principle of the rule of law that have been committed and are still being committed remain unpunished. Moreover, the bandits from Euromaidan who, weapons in hand, committed atrocities against the legal authorities and citizens have been amnestied
White book on violations of human rights 64 and the rule of law in Ukraine
by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine and declared national heroes. We are convinced that if the lawlessness in Ukraine continues, the situation may erupt into a serious threat to regional peace and security and lead to further escalation of international and interethnic contradicions and conflicts in Ukraine and Europe in general.
We hope that this fact will finally be recognized in the relevant international organizations, which in accordance with their mandates must contribute to the conducting of objective and non-politicized investigations into the numerous violations of human rights and the principle of the rule of law in Ukraine. The perpetrators must be duly punished. Otherwise, extremists of all stripes and colors will receive a dangerous signal of encouragement.

---------------------------------

http://www.voltairenet.org/article202894.html
John Bolton at the Federalist Society on US policy toward the International Criminal Court
In theory, the ICC holds perpetrators of the most egregious atrocities accountable for their crimes, provides justice to the victims, and deters future abuses. In practice, however, the court has been ineffective, unaccountable, and indeed, outright dangerous. Moreover, the largely unspoken, but always central, aim of its most vigorous supporters was to constrain the United States. The objective was not limited to targeting individual US service members, but rather America’s senior political leadership, and its relentless determination to keep our country secure.

The ICC was formally established in July 2002, following the entry into force of the Rome Statute. In May 2002, however, President George W Bush authorised the United States to "un-sign" the Rome Statute because it was fundamentally illegitimate. The ICC and its prosecutor had been granted potentially enormous, essentially unaccountable powers, and alongside numerous other glaring and significant flaws, the International Criminal Court constituted an assault on the constitutional rights of the American people and the sovereignty of the United States.

In no uncertain terms, the ICC was created as a free-wheeling global organization claiming jurisdiction over individuals without their consent.

According to the Rome Statute, the ICC has authority to prosecute genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and crimes of aggression. It claims "automatic jurisdiction," meaning that it can prosecute individuals even if their own governments have not recognized, signed, or ratified the treaty.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2018, 03:59:51 PM »

http://www.voltairenet.org/article202894.html
John Bolton at the Federalist Society on US policy toward the International Criminal Court
"In theory, the ICC holds perpetrators of the most egregious atrocities accountable for their crimes, provides justice to the victims, and deters future abuses. In practice, however, the court has been ineffective, unaccountable, and indeed, outright dangerous. Moreover, the largely unspoken, but always central, aim of its most vigorous supporters was to constrain the United States. The objective was not limited to targeting individual US service members, but rather America’s senior political leadership, and its relentless determination to keep our country secure.

The ICC was formally established in July 2002, following the entry into force of the Rome Statute. In May 2002, however, President George W Bush authorised the United States to "un-sign" the Rome Statute because it was fundamentally illegitimate. The ICC and its prosecutor had been granted potentially enormous, essentially unaccountable powers, and alongside numerous other glaring and significant flaws, the International Criminal Court constituted an assault on the constitutional rights of the American people and the sovereignty of the United States.

In no uncertain terms, the ICC was created as a free-wheeling global organization claiming jurisdiction over individuals without their consent.

According to the Rome Statute, the ICC has authority to prosecute genocide, war crimes, crimes against humanity, and crimes of aggression. It claims "automatic jurisdiction," meaning that it can prosecute individuals even if their own governments have not recognized, signed, or ratified the treaty."
My bolding - just to make it clear that all that followed was a quote from Bolton's talk.

Would the ICC have demanded that the Canadian government arrest the daughter of China's tech giant Huawei and turn her over to the States to face a ridiculously long sentence?
I'd much prefer to see Bolton facing charges in Russia.

How can one come to terms with a country that simply "unsigns" agreements, rather than making any attempt to live up to them?
Terry

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
When I watch or read about that New Knowledge stuff, I'm so happy I opened this thread. Not only do we have to fear meddling via social media by bad actors, we also need to be aware of other bad actors exploiting that fear. What a mess.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2019, 01:43:59 AM »
Hoover would chortle and rub his hands with glee. Good times are back ! New cold war, politically motivated FBI.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-grounds-can-fbi-investigate-president-counterintelligence-threat

sidd

Pmt111500

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 07:04:25 AM »
No deal, no new negotiations. May's party doesn't recognize a too good deal. Eurotunnel should be shut for they want it themselves. And Irish border should have a wall. Get a passport for travels to mainland Europe while you still can.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:57:47 AM by Pmt111500 »

ASILurker

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 11:09:05 AM »
Why would anyone ever trust Open Source investigations and intelligence gathering? Damned if I know! :)

The Mechanics of Deception

Image 10: The Dossier Graph

So is it reasonable to assume that all of these incestuous relationships are coincidental? Ian Fleming, a naval intelligence officer and the creator of James Bond, contemplated the problem of coincidental relationships in intelligence operations and came up with the answer in his maxim:

”Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy action.”

--- ---
A couple of well worn names that also pop up are:  Luke Harding, Pablo Miller, Sergei Skripal, Mark Urban, Sergei Magnisky, William Browder, Sidney Blumenthal, Nellie Ohr, Bruce Ohr, Martha Ohr, Edward Baumgartner, Victoria Nuland, Nancy Pelosi, David Cay Johnston, David Kramer, Jake Tapper, Evan Perez, Jim Sciutto, and Carl Bernstein, Stefan Halper, Jonathan Clarke, Richard Dearlove, Charles Crawford, Iain Lobban, and Alexander Downer, Robert Otto, Mary Jacoby, Strobe Talbott, Cody Shearer, Bill Clinton, Brooke Shearer, Hillary Clinton, Glenn Simpson, Peter Fritsch, Neil King, Shailagh Murray, the Atlantic Council and the McCain Institute.

I strongly recommend reading the entire item (give yourself an hour to take it slow). You'll quickly understand ( I hope ) why it will never make it into the MSM. Maybe Jimmy Dore, Mate or those like them may cover it in a cursory sense but that's it. If Greenwald had a clue or the time he would make a project out of it for the Intercept by bringing multiple sources to bear on the same story/timeline and the players involved. Maybe one day.

The final part kicks in about 60% down the page .... it doesn't give what comes before enough credit but it's fair enough as a summary.

Conclusion
So who researched and wrote the core parts of the dossier? ..............................................

https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/the-mechanics-of-deception/

ASILurker

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »

A couple of classics that may whet your appetite to read through the details further:

Steele and Simpson were also regularly briefing reporters from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Yahoo! News, MSNBC, The New Yorker, and CNN. Assuming for a second that these alleged reports are genuine, many of them completely betray sources and collection methods.

This begs the obvious question of how did the subject of Simpson’s alleged conversations with the “Mossad guys” made it into Steele’s independent intelligence reports?

Recycled Content
In 2013, Bruce Ohr acting as the Assistant Deputy Director at DOJ participated in the third St. Petersburg International Legal Forum. He was a speaker at a session titled “Criminal Matters and Allegations of Crimes in International Arbitration”, a topic connected to the Magnitsky Act. It’s interesting that his lecture included many of the components of the yet-to-be dossier’s: “money laundering operations”, “payment of large bribes and kickbacks”, “forged documents”, and “collusive schemes”.

Writing Style
The dossier’s content and network graphs are interesting, but what about the writing style? Can we find the author’s fingerprints? To perform this analysis, I needed writing samples of a few hundred words from each potential author.

There are, however, a few anomalies in the data (image 26) that indicate that some of the content—especially the latter reports that are written in an American English and have ‘talking point’ style—have been written by another unidentified author(s).

Baumgartner and Social Media
In addition to the writing style analyses, I’ve also correlated the content of the dossier briefs with various social media sources like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. The results reinforce the conclusion of the writing style results. As you can see below, Baumgartner’s tweets touch on many of the topics and phrases in the dossier such as: Mikhail (Misha) Fridman, The Alfa group, rigging the elections, divisive campaigning, US citizens of Russian (Jewish) origin, Kremlin buyer’s remorse, and others. They also closely match the dossier composition dates.

Baumgartner social media posting history is also noteworthy because it correlates directly with his work in Fusion GPS. For example, he is re-posting information about the dossier utilizing pre-public leaked information. He’s essentially betraying prior knowledge of the dossier by including these specific buzzwords in his tweets.

Simpson and Jacoby also acted as the sources (using their original research) and intakes for some of the US political material found in the dossier that shows up in phrases like “an American political figure” and “TRUMP’s associate”. This included communications with: Shailagh Murray, Lisa Holtyn, Cody Shearer (who was working on a ‘second Trump-Russia dossier’), and direct emails to and from Sidney Blumenthal, Jonathan Winer, and Scott Dworkin who managed the Democratic Coalition’s opposition research and publication (see samples below).

Contrary to Simpson’s claim that Steele leaked the dossier content on his own initiative, Fusion GPS took a leading role in the publication process. In addition to coordinating a regular stream of social media postings, they also worked the ‘friendly’ commercial media outlets like CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WaPo, New Yorker, and Yahoo News, and published op-eds and expert reviews that supported the dossier’s credibility.

One thing worth noting is that just like in the case of the core dossier network, many of these ‘receptive’ reporters such, David Corn, Joe Palazzolo, David Cay Johnston, Scott Dworkin and Evan Perez (images 32-33) had long incestuous relationships with Fusion GPS and it’s team members.

Joe Palazzolo, Aruna Viswanatha, Steve LeVine, and David Johnston from the New York Times worked for Jacoby as early as 2010 producing Russia and corruption related reports. Between 2016-2018, Palazzolo and Viswanatha, now working for the WSJ wrote dozens of anti-Trump articles. Their publications rate sometime reached one article a week.

Steve LeVine, who now works for Axios delivering “trustworthy news”, wrote a lengthy apologetic article about Fusion GPS and its team, vouching for their credibility and professionalism. LeVine is just one of a dozen of ‘objective’ reporters that have been promoting the dossier and collusion narratives and shielding Fusion GPS, but never disclosing that they had a previous and/or a current business affiliation with Mary Jacoby, Glenn Simpson, and other Fusion GPS actors.

On 4/27/16, only three days after Browder ordered the hit, Politico published an article titled “MEPs dragged into Russia film row”. It goes without saying that the coverage was derogatory towards the movie and director and used the same unverified Intel that Browder provided Kaminsky.

This is by no means a single isolated incident, Matthew Kaminski, just like Evan Perez, David Cay Johnston, and other anti-Trump reporters dedicate significant amount of their commercial publications as well as their own private Twitter activity to Russia collusion narrative.

In a similar fashion to Kaminski’s and Baumgartner’s Twitter posts, Perez’s, Tapper’s, Sciutto’s, and Bernstein’s tweets (see below) strongly suggest that they also had early and direct access to the dossier team and were actively distributing its content as it was being written.

Oh well more than a couple of examples then. :)

ASILurker

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
THE Classic?

I’ve limited the input/output to two degrees of separation between entities and organizations. However, I did use a three degrees of separation linkage several times in order to trace indirect relations between what on the surface appeared to be random groupings of individuals (e.g. the five person party listed with the same UID U99520 accompanying Mary Jacoby during her April 19 White House visit). 

--- ---

On April 19, 2016, two months before the content of the dossier was leaked to the media, Jacoby spent a few hours in the White House in the company of the following five seemingly unrelated individuals:

#   Name                Vocation                 Relevant Relatives

1 Scott C. Auerbach Attorney                Wife –  Former Miami New Times Editor

2 Ian G. Bregg Researcher                    Wife –  An Attorney

3 Amy L. Bower Attorney-DHS                Husband – An Attorney

4 Mary C. Jacoby Reporter                      Husband – Co founder of Fusion GPS

5 Laura K. Kwedar (Minch) Researcher   Husband – An Attorney with Koch Institute

6 Eileen T. Zamkov State Department Former Diplomat

A second degree linkage analysis revealed that despite what appears to be a random group of tourists, these six individuals were in fact related to the dossier team through:

Involvement in the Clinton Campaign
    Direct contact with the core and auxiliary Fusion GPS team via email communications
    Work at the State Department
    Participation in news production and reporting
    Had HLS and government legal services positions

It is noteworthy that all of the six members of this group’s home and office address are clustered within 4 miles of each other, (see below), and that most attempted to scrub (not always successfully) their online presence and 2016 SM (Social Media) activity.

Another interesting observation is that in two cases, it is the spouse of the individual on the list that was the link to the dossier team.

noted about a quarter down the page
https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/the-mechanics-of-deception/

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »
Update on the biggest collective waste of time ever, time we don't have:

The enemy is within

E. Smith

Pmt111500

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2019, 07:07:42 AM »
May tries to play the woman in the middle, but Corbyn won't take it. Good for him. The conservatives clearly want a hard brexit. I'd say they're so divisive we Europeans need to set up a 4 hour line in customs for the british to let them have some time to consider what they want.

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »
O dear: another story unravels

Mueller:  "Buzzfeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterisation of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46928440

Mighty Wurlitzer needs retuning.

sidd

b_lumenkraft

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2019, 01:53:31 PM »
Left is right, up is down, AOC is Hitler!

Wow!  :-\

litesong

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 20
  • Likes Given: 33
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
Fox News guest compares Ocasio-Cortez to Stalin, Hitler & Mao
https://www.rt.com/usa/449499-aoc-hitler-stalin-mao/
Scary..... specially  when you read:
OCASIO-CORTEZ: One of the things that we’re trying to do in the Bronx and Queens is register 20,000 voters between now and Election Day. We need to re-enfranchise our communities. People think that New York is a very liberal state, when it actually has some of the worst voter suppression laws on the books. One of the ways that we can change that is by enfranchising communities of color, communities that are working class, and making sure that everybody can vote.
///////////
Yeah, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez & the forty newly minted democrat representatives have FOX & re-pubic-lick-un "people suppressionists"  shakin' in their boots. Re-pubic-lick-uns are seeing their 30+ year efforts to take away voter rights uncovered, as democracy sweeps America..... even in voter suppressed re-pubic-lick-un districts. 
///////
Yeah, FOX was created to keep re-pubic-lick-un Pressy-dents from being impeached. But FOX is having an ever more difficult time protecting the ever more impeachable sexist, racist, xenophobic "don'T rump", whose plans are on course to give america away to murderer, torturer, dictator & propagandist, putin.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:24:16 PM by litesong »

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
From America's Finest News Source: Mueller investigation passes a milestone

https://politics.theonion.com/report-mueller-investigation-nearly-done-with-first-da-1832163270

sidd

ASILurker

« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2019, 04:32:38 AM »
From the RCP front page - aka where are the Brightest Media 'heads at' Today?

Howard Schultz's Venti-Size Disaster
Jeff Greenfield, Politico
Howard Schultz Could Actually Win the Presidency
Roger Simon, PJ Media
Why Schultz's Candidacy Should Be Taken Seriously
Josh Kraushaar, National Journal
Howard Schultz, Please Don't Run for President
Michelle Goldberg, New York Times
Howard Schultz: I'm A Billionaire, I Thought That Was The American Dream

Stone Clown Show Is Trump Presidency in Microcosm
Dana Milbank, Washington Post
Roger Stone's Indictment Is All Bun and No Beef
Jon Healey, Chicago Tribune
Why Arrest Stone Instead of Asking Him to Surrender?
Alan Dershowitz, Gatestone
Why You Should Have Faith in Mueller's Russia Probe
Joyce Vance, USA Today
Stone Indictment Suggests Mueller Isn't Done--Not Yet
Glenn Kirschner, NBC News
The Collapse of the Russian Collusion Narrative
James Robbins, USA Today

How the Partial Shutdown Helped Trump
Rob Crilly, The Spectator
The 'Rotten Equilibrium' of Republican Politics
Thomas Edsall, New York Times
Trump's Manufactured Border Security Crisis
Rep. James Clyburn, The Hill
Is Congress Too Broken to Compromise on the Border?
Mollie Hemingway, Federalist
 Make Government Shutdowns a Thing of the Past
USA Today

and of course ....
Record Cold Forces Rethink on Global Warming
Harris & Ball, PJ Media
Experts Say Extreme Cold Doesn't Debunk Global Warming
James Rainey, NBC News

Dem VA Governor Endorses Murder of Born-Alive Infants
Ben Shapiro, The Daily Wire
Roe v. Wade Is Under Immediate Threat
Mark Stern, Slate

Life: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Far-Right Fan Club
- Ben Schreckinger, Politico

Kamala Harris's Message Can Win in 2020
Yascha Mounk, Slate
Kamala Harris: Not New, Not Fresh, Not Different
Rush Limbaugh, Rush Limbaugh.com

An Opportunity to End America's Longest War
David Rohde, The New Yorker
I Was Ambassador to Afghanistan. This Is Surrender.
Ryan Crocker, Washington Post
Trump Is Delivering a Better Republican Foreign Policy
Ross Douthat, New York Times
Why I Sued Obama, My Commander-in-Chief
Nathan Smith, The American Conservative

Try not to cry too much.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »
While NRA leaders embraced her, admitted unregistered Russian agent Maria Butina denounced US sanctions and advised a militia group helping Putin seize Crimea.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/02/nra-russia-maria-butina-putin-crimea/

The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2019, 09:28:57 AM »
Now this is funny: billionaire wants his money back, politicians didn't stay bought.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-08/chinese-billionaire-huang-xiangmo-wants-political-donations-back/10794726

Guess he forgot, you just rent 'em.

sidd

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »
While NRA leaders embraced her, admitted unregistered Russian agent Maria Butina denounced US sanctions and advised a militia group helping Putin seize Crimea.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/02/nra-russia-maria-butina-putin-crimea/

Bamford has a profile on the Butina case at the New Republic: it was a stitch up

"When I asked Frank Figliuzzi, the former head of the FBI’s Counterintelligence Division, about the prosecution’s conduct, he was angry. “I am troubled and hope there is a full inquiry,” he told me. “This is disturbing. The question is whether this is convenient ineptitude or something far deeper.”
 "

" “They manipulated the evidence,” was the opinion of a former assistant U.S. attorney familiar with the Washington, D.C., office. It was a place he had spent many years prosecuting cases. “The government is basically calling her a whore in a public filing.... I think it was an attempt to influence media coverage.” He added, “This seems like somebody panicked, they moved too early, now they’re trying to figure out what to do.”
 "

" It is also another example of the media marching in formation with the government, as it did in the lead-up to the war in Iraq. “I think journalism skepticism stops at whatever a prosecutor says,” the former assistant U.S. attorney told me.  "

" A senior CIA official who held one of the highest jobs in the agency’s Clandestine Service, and who worked closely with the FBI on many spy cases, offered a cynical view of the bureau’s counterintelligence work. “They want to generate headlines. They don’t care if the information is credible or not,” "

https://newrepublic.com/article/153036/maria-butina-profile-wasnt-russian-spy

Bamford has been writing about US intelligence agencies for decades. Anything by him is worth reading.

sidd
The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »
Conspiracy theory reaching moon landing proportions:

The enemy is within

E. Smith

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2019, 10:33:54 AM »
Okay, well, thank you to David Corn and the establishment media for sucking so hard that I'm doing way better journalism than you are. Me, a C student, nightclub comedian, who smokes pot in the morning when he wakes up. I'm doing way better journalism than you are. You f***ing suck.

:D

All those people who pushed the Russiagate-conspiracy theory non-stop on this forum (claiming it would be the end of Trump), must be so happy that I intervened and allowed them the grace of stamping off indignantly. But they're probably unaware because they keep listening to the same tribal drums that keeps all of their attention focussed on Them, the Enemy.
The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2019, 06:47:36 AM »
Hopkins at off-guardian tells us what the Mueller investigation was really about:

" I somehow got the idea in my head that the investigation that Special Counsel Robert Mueller was meticulously conducting had something to do with Donald Trump conspiring or “colluding” with Russia"

"I get it now. The investigation was never about Trump colluding with Russia. It was always about Trump obstructing the investigation of the collusion with Russia that the investigation was not about."

"In other words, his investigation was launched in order to investigate the obstruction of his investigation."

"this is why I owe the media an apology."

"The point is, now they’ve got him! His justice obstructing days are numbered! Break out the pussyhats and vuvuzelas ... who cares what they impeach him for, as long as they impeach him for something!"

"the Russians are running around attacking democracy, poisoning ducks with Novichok perfume, fomenting populist uprisings in France, and just generally being the evil enemies that the Islamic terrorists used to be, before they turned into freedom fighters and helped us try to take over Syria."

https://off-guardian.org/2019/04/26/obstructiongate/

sidd

ASILurker

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2019, 04:53:25 AM »
Twitter users stunned by Hillary calling for China to hack Trump

Hillary Clinton appeared on TV proposing China illegally hack into President Donald Trump’s tax returns, prompting Twitter users to question both her ability to move on from her presidential election defeat, and her sanity.

Clinton made the call on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow show Wednesday night, suggesting Democratic 2020 presidential candidates should seek out the help of the “only other adversary of ours, who’s anywhere near as good as the Russians” to hack Trump’s tax returns.

Ignoring the outcome of the Mueller Report and doubling down on her years of unfounded accusations that Russia colluded with election rival Donald Trump, Clinton said: “Since Russia is clearly backing Republicans, why don’t we ask China to back us? “And not only that, China, if you’re listening, why don’t you get Trump’s tax returns?”

https://www.rt.com/usa/458192-clinton-china-hacking-trump/

ROFL

b_lumenkraft

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2019, 10:38:40 AM »
WTF is this moron thinking?

She is mainstreaming trumpism and might be too stupid to realize it...

ASILurker

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2019, 06:56:52 AM »
 Trump is right to say US-Russia relations have ‘tremendous potential’ – Gorbachev
Published time: 4 May, 2019
https://www.rt.com/news/458396-gorbachev-putin-trump-phone/

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »
Gorbachev is a Putinbot too! Fantastic, we've gone full circle now.

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”
The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2019, 02:13:30 AM »
Hello there ! Stone asking DOJ to prove Russia hacked the DNC.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5996642/Compel.txt
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5996628/Suppress.txt

This should be interesting. Jackson might jump either way.

sidd

ASILurker

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:28 AM »
imho more likely it will be another example of a decidedly corrupt dysfunctional US judicial system.

It's a curious matter how the govt can prove Stone wasn't acting under a presumption of a "justifiable true belief" versus lying with intent to decieve the FBI and Congress. Any assertion that Stone was standing on solid ground "mentally" would be deemed dubious imo. 

a cpl of quotes are very telling about the ongoing as yet unproven Conpsiracy Theory:

As to the motion to suppress, Stone has argued that there were reckless misrepresentations in search warrant applications made by government agents relying on the CrowdStrike reports. As to selective prosecution, if the Russian state did not hack the DNC, DCCC, or Podesta's servers, then Roger Stone was prosecuted for obstructing a congressional investigation into an unproven Russian state hacking conspiracy, while others similarly situated were not.

Lastly, if the Russian state did not hack the servers or did not transfer the data to WikiLeaks, the exculpatory evidence regarding materiality, a factual issue for the jury, is amplified.

Furthermore, these Reports are not subject to redactions or any kind of government oversight.

CrowdStrike is a private company providing cybersecurity services to various clients, including the Democratic National Committee, another private, non-governmental organization.

CrowdStrike was the company that reported to the DNC to the alleged hacking by Russian
agents. These Reports contain information that has been relied on by the government and media
sources to claim that the DNC was a victim of a hostile former government, aka Russia.

These Reports were not commissioned by the government, they do not contain any information that would be detrimental to national security, nor does the government have any legitimate reason to redact these Reports.

The Reports were created for the DNC, not for or by the government.

Consequently, the government has no right to pick and choose which pieces of evidence
contained in these Reports it wants to disclose.

ASILurker

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2019, 10:54:59 AM »
‘I'd rather starve to death’: Manning jailed again for refusing to testify against WikiLeaks

A federal judge has ordered Chelsea Manning to be jailed again for refusing to testify in a grand jury probe of Julian Assange, threatening the whistleblower with fines if the defiance continues. Manning says she would rather die.

“I would rather starve to death than to change my opinion in this regard. And when I say that, I mean that quite literally,"
Manning said during a hearing at a federal courthouse in Virginia on Thursday.

“I have never heard of jailing a witness for this long,” former FBI agent and whistleblower Colleen Rowley told RT. If the grand jury term goes on for 18 months, the fines could exceed half a million dollars, she added, calling it “draconian.”

https://www.rt.com/usa/459538-manning-jailed-jury-contempt/

ASILurker

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
Now, RussiaGate comes full circle. Treason and Traitors are everywhere to be found now. While the "idiots" never saw it coming!
    My Campaign for President was conclusively spied on. Nothing like this has ever happened in American Politics. A really bad situation. TREASON means long jail sentences, and this was TREASON!
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 17, 2019
In early May, Attorney General William Barr formed a team in order to investigate the allegations. He told a Senate Judiciary Committee his concerns that a “few people at the top” had “[gotten] it into their heads that they know better than the American people,” promising to find out how many “confidential informants” had been placed in the campaign, and when the intelligence collection began.

Trump also cited an Fox News poll where over half of respondents answered that they believed the FBI has broken the law in the course of their investigation.

https://www.rt.com/usa/459584-trump-treason-jail-election/

ivica

• Nilas ice
  • Kelele
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2019, 03:09:35 PM »
Indian life after elections:

"From rage and rhetoric to responsibility" - By Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, May 25, 2019.
The time for divisive drama, for rage and rhetoric, is over. It is time to look beyond narrow sectarian and party affiliations and commit to working for the future of the nation. The winners should conduct themselves with humility, and the losers should accept the verdict gracefully without abandoning their commitment to work for national betterment.

Gandhiji said, “Evolution of democracy is not possible if we are not prepared to hear the other side.” It is time to listen without turning reactive. It is time to look inward and look ahead. Let us not trivialise the democratic process by looking back in anger and resentment. Rage and resentment are poisons that you drink, expecting someone else to die. It is time to put an end to the age-old patterns of assigning blame outward or heavenward. Only then can we collectively move from rhetoric to responsibility.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/toi-edit-page/from-rage-and-rhetoric-to-responsibility/

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »
This is funny.

After setting up the Steele dossier for the Clintonistas, the Brits see Trump elected, and promptly wet their pants. They fire off not one but two memos claiming that they didn't believe Steele, not really, and would never have sent their previous messages alleging co-operation from Russia in the first place except for pressure from USA ...

In this context i note that the head of GCHQ in the UK, Robert Hannigan got the ax right after Trump was elected.

"“The message was clear: the Brits were saying they may have done some stuff to assist the investigation that they now regretted after learning the whole thing was based on information from Steele,” the former U.S. official told me. “They wanted Trump’s team to know they did not think Steele’s information was credible or reliable.

“They also wanted Trump to know whatever they had done, they did only at the Americans’ request and didn’t want it to get in the way of cooperating with the U.S.” "

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/446050-did-brits-warn-about-steeles-credibility-before-muellers-probe-congress

for some reason the phrase "Perfidious Albion" comes to mind  ...

sidd

b_lumenkraft

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2019, 07:58:47 AM »
Hah! If this isn't political theatre, what is?

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2019, 01:49:44 PM »
It's all a distraction, a charade, lots of actors with zero integrity, all on the same team:

The enemy is within

E. Smith

sidd

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2019, 02:26:33 AM »
Was anyone peddling the Russia conspiracy not a spook ? Solomon at the hill:

"hundreds of pages of government documents — which special counsel Robert Mueller possessed since 2018 — describe Kilimnik as a “sensitive” intelligence source for the U.S. State Department ..."

“The FBI assesses” Kilimnik “to have ties to Russian intelligence,” Mueller’s team wrote  ..."

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/447394-key-figure-that-mueller-report-linked-to-russia-was-a-state-department

Taibbi on media silence:

"As of June 8th, here’s the list of major news organizations that have followed up on his report:

The Washington Examiner

Fox News

That’s it. Nobody else has touched it. "

Taibbi looks at some more spooks:

"nowhere in the report is it disclosed that Sater, as reported by the Intercept, has been a registered FBI informant since 1998"

"California court records show Oknyansky/Greenberg received a series of “significant public benefit” parole visas of varying lengths from the U.S. government between 2008 and 2012. The documents even list the name and phone number of his FBI case officer. "

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/expos-in-the-hill-challenges-mueller

O what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive

-- Walter Scott

sidd

blumenkraft

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2019, 08:17:26 PM »
Elizabeth Warren Was Vetted To Be Hillary's VP