Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: The 2019 melting season  (Read 2077892 times)

blumenkraft

Re: The 2019 melting season
« Reply #6550 on: September 14, 2019, 06:19:30 PM »
Animated gifs are roughly 3 times larger for the content I prepare.

Is that so? When an MP4 autoloads in backgroud no matter what (as i recently learned - thanks Oren!!), and everyone opening the thread causing IP traffic, the 'click to play' GIF (>700px) would save a shitton of traffic.

That said, i do enjoy your and Freegrass' animations and i do find them valuable. :)

philopek

« Reply #6551 on: September 14, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »
Can be achieved/solved by using the right browser(s) and/or extensions.

i.e. latest chrome browser only loads visible (foreground) media and with a free extension autoplay can be totally disabled as well and per page.

John Batteen

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6552 on: September 14, 2019, 08:58:33 PM »
I say keep posting and let those with poor internet connections deal with the problem with the above methods.  I understand not everyone has super fast internet but that is becoming less and less common.  I suspect most viewers here have no problem loading the page.  But I could be wrong.

Archimid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 899
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #6553 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:26 PM »
I check nullchool every day, several times a day. I find these nullschool posts very insightful and  often generate insightful discussion. Aleph Null's hindcast/forecast animations are specially nice for me because I often only look at nullschool's forecast. Having the hindcast in a very quick animation right on time and often generating comments is very useful to me.

And it is right on topic. Animations of models of the current status of the melting season couldn't be more on topic.

There are advantages to linking videos instead of uploading, for example, having a broader audience, but it is more work.

This off topic. Complaints have been a common recurrence on this thread this season. Perhaps we need a "Complaints" thread where forum users can voice their dislikes and find acceptable solutions without polluting this thread?
I am an energy reservoir seemingly intent on lowering entropy for self preservation.

Freegrass

• Young ice
  • Autodidacticism is a complicated word
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 953
  • Likes Given: 1260
« Reply #6554 on: September 14, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »
I deliberately make them more than 700 pixcels height and / or width. That stops the autoload.
That's what people on this thread thought me, make them larger so they don't autoload. So I don't understand why people keep bitching about autoload... What more can I do to prevent autoload other than to make the files larger than 700 pixels?
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6555 on: September 14, 2019, 10:15:40 PM »
Be careful with answering Jim Hunt, you seem a candid poster and he's the worst troll if he wants to.
He sure is. He's never ever once replied to one of my messages, other than to complain. If you write over 4000 messages, and people like less than 200 of them, maybe it's a sign...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 10:23:54 PM by Freegrass »
90% of the world is religious, but somehow "love thy neighbour" became "fuck thy neighbours", if they don't agree with your point of view.

WTF happened?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
  • Don't Vote NatC or PopCon, Save Lives!
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #6556 on: September 15, 2019, 12:24:01 AM »
He sure is. He's never ever once replied to one of my messages, other than to complain.

Apart from this one?

Absolutely!

If you write over 4000 messages, and people like less than 200 of them, maybe it's a sign...

Did it ever occur to you that the majority of those 4000+ messages were written before the "like" feature was added to the forum software?
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

VeganPeaceForAll

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 198
« Reply #6557 on: September 15, 2019, 01:11:03 AM »
I think you both can continue to post 1 post a day of videos. It is a good contribution. Make them a size so they don't autoload.
If someone doesn't like them and it really bothers them, this forum has a block feature, were you can select to hide posts from a certain user (then it says post is hidden, click to show).
There have been alot of people posting this season, you can't like what everyone contributes.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: September 15, 2019, 01:40:22 AM »
Make them a size so they don't autoload.

Apparently you can't for MP4 files. Perhaps this conversation could be continued over on the topic set up for the purpose on July 8th by blumenkraft?

"GIF size, your Internet, and what is usable?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:06:36 AM by Jim Hunt »
"The most revolutionary thing one can do always is to proclaim loudly what is happening" - Rosa Luxemburg

Shared Humanity

« Reply #6559 on: September 15, 2019, 02:38:57 AM »
Be careful with answering Jim Hunt, you seem a candid poster and he's the worst troll if he wants to.
He sure is. He's never ever once replied to one of my messages, other than to complain. If you write over 4000 messages, and people like less than 200 of them, maybe it's a sign...

Jim Hunt is one of the top contributors here. I learn a great deal from his posts, far more than I learn from your daily postings of weather gifs. And this site is about sharing real insight into AGW, not getting likes.

tzupancic

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #6560 on: September 15, 2019, 03:36:54 AM »
It has been extremely interesting to observe the late season reduction in Arctic Sea Ice extent that has been occurring over the past few days. While it appears that this event is being driven by a high pressure weather system over the central arctic that is concentrating the ice, as a long term follower of the forum it was surprising that there has been so little discussion of this very interesting event that has been occurring. It has been particularly surprising that essentially no one is posting on the geophysical mechanisms involved. If this event is being driven by the high pressure system presently in place over the arctic, it would appear that there could be a late season minimum this year; perhaps going below 4 million.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:45:31 AM by tzupancic »

Aleph_Null

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 253
« Reply #6561 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:34 AM »
I'd like to find something resembling refreezing, somewhere in Worldview. Very clear skies and much scant rubble visible, but I can't find refreezing anywhere. Where should I be looking for signs of consolidation?

tzupancic

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: September 15, 2019, 04:54:08 AM »
Regarding the 2019 Arctic Sea Ice Melt Season, has anyone noticed that the persistent chunk of ice off the Northeast Coast of Greenland is on the verge of going away this year? This is the persistent chunk that appears to be attached below the sea surface. It has had an amazing history of surviving. It will be interesting to see if this arctic sea ice survives in 2019.

tzupancic

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: September 15, 2019, 05:45:55 AM »
Looks like the high pressure system has driven another reduction in arctic sea ice extent
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:57:25 AM by tzupancic »

tzupancic

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: September 15, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »
The 2019 melt season is on the verge of surpassing  2016.

sark

« Reply #6565 on: September 15, 2019, 06:15:04 AM »
if high atmospheric heights in anticyclonic parcels located directly over the North Pole are a problem for freeze up, there are 2 more to come in September.

between the ocean heat and the polar cell failing we could see a later than usual minimum.

Yossarian80

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 22
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #6566 on: September 15, 2019, 07:38:19 AM »
Very interesting to watch the HP centered over the pack compact the ice, undoing the dispersion that we saw from the LP in August... jaxa might get under 4 million after all.   Just more proof of how mobile, fragmented and unstable the pack is.

I’m worried what will happen if we get a long term +DA this winter.  The ice is more vulnerable than it has ever been, and a bad pattern could quickly export a ton of what little MYI is left.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:52:31 AM by Yossarian80 »

Zeug Gezeugt

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 46
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6567 on: September 15, 2019, 07:48:55 AM »
P.S.: 2019 is 8,454 above the 2016 minimum of  4,017,264 km2.

That high over the NP looks set to intensify over the next 48+hrs according to GFS, and with just 8-9k more melt + compaction to add to the 144k lost over the last 5 days the next Jaxa update could very well take 2019 to 2nd lowest Arctic sea ice extent on record after 2012 with melt potentially continuing through this next week given the heat anomalies ... last years min was on 21 Sep!

What a remarkable melt season! Extreme weather events no longer appear to matter as the post 2012 new normal includes constant subtropical heat bombs, overheated peripheral seas and suppressed freezing seasons.

I've really enjoyed following the melt seasons here since 2013, and the freezing seasons since Frank rained on the NP in the dead of the Arctic night post Xmas 2015.

+1 to Jim Hunt and all the other seasoned commentators here who share their expertise and make this space such an informative place for the vast bulk of us lurkers. Please keep it coming!

sark

« Reply #6568 on: September 15, 2019, 08:51:39 AM »
I'm not 100% sure about the 3rd parcel of tropical air reaching & holding the North Pole in September.  Maybe only two this month.  But,  I have been expecting a change in pattern since February and it hasn't come yet.  Maybe I should accept that the AO is just dropping and will continue to fall in strength over the next, what, 3-15 years?

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: September 15, 2019, 09:27:42 AM »
Neven, may I suggest making 2 threads about the upcoming freezing season, and the following melting season?

The freezing/melting season for dummies
and
The freezing season/melting season for scientists/by numbers

That way non scientific people that are concerned about the environment, and just want a place to chat about it, will have a home.

The scientific people can have their own place as well then, where they can complain and chase away the "dummies".

WTF happened?

blumenkraft

« Reply #6570 on: September 15, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
Oddly satisfying ice drift forecast for 23.09. via Mercator.

The second pic the todays ice drift model.

Zeug Gezeugt

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 46
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6571 on: September 15, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
The scientific people can have their own place as well then, where they can complain and chase away the "dummies".

Neven, I understand your excellent moderation has been largely missing this season due to family difficulties, and my sincere sympathies on the passing of your father, but would it be possible to give moderation privileges to some of the longer term posters here so we can keep these melting/freezing threads on track?

There are most probably some thousands of us reading here now without posting, and this last melting season thread has had its problems with lots of noise from quite early on, as you're probably aware. I for one would welcome some more involved moderation from the likes of, for example, Oren, Jim Hunt, JDAllen, Shared Humanity (good mod style), Gerontocrat (yes!) ... and so on.

You needn't even ask them, just check the boxes and let them edit, delete, warn and sin bin as they wish!

First place they're welcome to start would be in deleting this very post.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:07:56 AM by Zeug Gezeugt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: September 15, 2019, 09:56:37 AM »
The 2019 melt season is on the verge of surpassing  2016.

JAXA/ViSHOP extent is now down to 4.03 million km². The 2016 minimum was 4.02.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:20:12 AM by Jim Hunt »

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: September 15, 2019, 10:02:47 AM »
The scientific people can have their own place as well then

Like in the good old days you mean, when the "melting season" discussion sometimes turned to scientific journal articles?

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,778.msg31507.html#msg31507

Summer sea-ice cover can recover quickly in models when the climate cools into the following winter, because thin ice grows more rapidly (Notz 2009), and with diminished icecover, excess heat is more rapidly transferred to the atmosphere and radiated to space (Tietsche et al. 2011) (both are negative feedbacks). However, if cloud cover increases after summer sea-ice loss, then this could act as an insulating blanket in autumn–winter restricting sea-ice recovery (positive feedback) and potentially creating multiple stable states (Abbot et al. 2011).

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: September 15, 2019, 10:08:29 AM »
Has anyone noticed that the persistent chunk of ice off the Northeast Coast of Greenland is on the verge of going away this year?

This one you mean?

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,238.msg228062.html#msg228062

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: September 15, 2019, 10:10:11 AM »
+1 to Jim Hunt and all the other seasoned commentators here who share their expertise and make this space such an informative place for the vast bulk of us lurkers. Please keep it coming!

et al.

Thanks for your kind words.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: September 15, 2019, 10:30:02 AM »
The more scientifically inclined amongst us might be interested in taking a look at this news received via Don Perovich:

https://www.cryosphereinnovation.com/data

At long last some more ice mass balance buoys are "awaiting deployment" across the Arctic Ocean, including four at the MOSAiC expedition.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:36:50 AM by Jim Hunt »

Jontenoy

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6577 on: September 15, 2019, 10:39:37 AM »
Jim / Gerontocrat,    Where is the best place to find ICE VOLUME for last few years  or at least an estimate of volume given that ice thickness is difficult to ascertain.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: September 15, 2019, 11:00:15 AM »
Where is the best place to find ICE VOLUME for last few years

See the PIOMAS thread:

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,119.msg226663.html#msg226663

To summarise:

Plus of course Andy's animations:

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 3588
  • Likes Given: 3940
« Reply #6579 on: September 15, 2019, 11:22:02 AM »
The more scientifically inclined amongst us might be interested in taking a look at this news received via Don Perovich:

At long last some more ice mass balance buoys are "awaiting deployment" across the Arctic Ocean, including four at the MOSAiC expedition.
Jim this is great. Do you know if they will include cameras like the O-Buoys?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: September 15, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »
Jim this is great. Do you know if they will include cameras like the O-Buoys?

The SIMB 3's are much smaller (and hence cheaper!) than O-Buoys. They don't include cameras:

http://imb-crrel-dartmouth.org/simb3/

However in the past cameras have been pointed at IMB buoys. I'll ask Don a supplementary question!

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 5304
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #6581 on: September 15, 2019, 12:38:37 PM »
Where is the best place to find ICE VOLUME for last few years

See the PIOMAS thread:

https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,119.msg226663.html#msg226663

Plus of course Andy's animations:

Also goto the PIOMAS website at the Polar Science center - http://psc.apl.uw.edu/research/projects/arctic-sea-ice-volume-anomaly/

Also, be patient - Icesat-2 will hopefully be giving regular images (monthly?) based on actual measurements of freeboard then used to calculate thickness - i.e. almost direct physical measurement instead of models.
Read all about it at https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/Gallery/icesat2.html. But don't put any of their movies on ASIF - they are enormous.

I wonder if the PIOMAS people will use the Icesat-2 data to test their modeled results. It should be a very good reference.

Showing how Icesat-2 works. The lasers on board have incredible resolution- it will change the evidence climate science uses just about everywhere on just about everything.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:48:38 PM by gerontocrat »
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: September 15, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »
Also, be patient - Icesat-2 will hopefully be giving regular images (monthly?) based on actual measurements of freeboard then used to calculate thickness - i.e. almost direct physical measurement instead of models.

I've looked at the IceSat-2 data, but I think the wait will take quite a while. Swaths of freeboard data are now available, but turning freeboard into snow and ice thickness numbers is non trivial.

It also seems as if clouds are an impediment. In the meantime there's always CryoSat-2, during the freezing season at least!

El Cid

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 924
  • Likes Given: 227
« Reply #6583 on: September 15, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »
These two charts might be of some interest. I present the average N of 70 temps from the given year (NOAA ESRL) Jan-Aug vs NSIDC September extent (I took the liberty of giving a value of 4 M Sq km to 2019).
Two takeaways:
1) There is a strong correlation between Jan-Aug temps and Sep extent. No surprise so far, but from this chart we can see that we would have a BOE if we hit -6 C vs this year's -9 C
2) 2012 was an outlier (too low extent) but 2016 was also an outlier (too high extent relative to temps!). The reason for the first is the GAC, and the second is extreme dispersion. 2019 is broadly in line (big red dot).

2 charts follow, the one with the extent and temp for each year chronologically, the other is showing the correlation

Shared Humanity

« Reply #6584 on: September 15, 2019, 02:05:23 PM »
Neven, may I suggest making 2 threads about the upcoming freezing season, and the following melting season?

The freezing/melting season for dummies
and
The freezing season/melting season for scientists/by numbers

That way non scientific people that are concerned about the environment, and just want a place to chat about it, will have a home.

There are over 2000 topics on this site and anyone can create one.

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6585 on: September 15, 2019, 03:20:06 PM »
There are over 2000 topics on this site and anyone can create one.
OK! Thank you!

The freezing season is about to start again and we need to give space to the professionals that don't like us amateurs messing up their thread. That's why I created this "thread for dummies" (aka people without a scientific background) that are concerned about the climate and want to discuss it without being bitched by the "professionals".

The Freezing Season For Dummies
https://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php/topic,2915.0.html

WTF happened?

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: September 15, 2019, 03:33:08 PM »
I'm ashamed to admit that what with one thing and another I haven't looked at the Bremen extent numbers recently. However according to the Alfred Wegener Institute:

The sea-ice extent in the Arctic is nearing its annual minimum at the end of the melt season in September. Only circa 3.9 million square kilometres of the Arctic Ocean are covered by sea ice any more, according to researchers from the Alfred Wegener Institute and the University of Bremen. This is only the second time that the annual minimum has dropped below four million square kilometres since satellite measurements began in 1979.

Jim Hunt

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: September 15, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »

The 2019 melting season hasn't finished yet!

Freegrass

• Young ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: September 15, 2019, 03:51:01 PM »

The 2019 melting season hasn't finished yet!
I wrote this

If this high pressure system doesn't compact the ice in the coming days, I think the melting season will be over.
I got no reaction to that...

WTF happened?

iceman

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6589 on: September 15, 2019, 04:08:34 PM »
A "low bandwidth" animation of Arctic sea ice age since the 2015 minimum:

Nicely done. If you knew this cycle only from the 1990s, you would be astonished to watch the Beaufort arm getting wiped out at the end of each melt season.
    So the old ice in the ESS arm four years ago becomes nearly the last extant sliver north of the CAA.

sailor

« Reply #6590 on: September 15, 2019, 04:33:04 PM »
Since the current polar blocking of warm air is causing the prevailing anticyclone to compact the ice pack, I bring the evolution of this strong HP from today till Sep 20 according to ECMWF.

Probably 2019 will beat the 2016 minimum but I don’t think this should last more than two days as winds lose strength past these two days, the orientation becomes less optimal for compacting, and it must become frigging cold in the ESS-Laptev edge.
But I was wrong one week ago, I must be right one of these weeks  ;D  ;D
PS. I post animations once a week or so lately
Edit. GFS 2m Temperatures during the same period
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:30:54 PM by sailor »

RoxTheGeologist

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 188
  • Likes Given: 149
« Reply #6591 on: September 15, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »

We might get data to back up our varied theories. Lets hope there are a lot of them, and the data is immediately available to all. It's really excellent news.

aperson

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 100
  • Likes Given: 131
« Reply #6592 on: September 15, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »
Hi weatherdude88,

I can't wait to hear your verification summary from this July prediction:

Despite all of the hyperbole and wish casting, 2019 will not be in the top 3 lowest sea ice minimums on record in area or extent. We may not end up in the top 5 in a sea ice area metric (looking at UH AMSR2 and NSIDC daily data and extrapolating).

The regions that will matter at the end of the 2019 melt season are the Central Arctic Basin, East Siberian sea, Beautfort sea, Greenland sea, and Canadian Archipelago.

For the most part, we are lagging the highest melt years in these regions (There are 5 years that lead 2019 in all these areas combined).

There is too much high latitude ice in the critical regions. All the subjective interpretation of data will not translate to reality, no matter how many members reiterate it.

By the end of the first week of August, it will become evident that 2019 will be ordinary, as it relates to sea ice minimums over the last decade.

computer janitor by trade

SimonF92

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 210
« Reply #6593 on: September 15, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »
Just take a look at the poll-results year on year and you will see that weatherdude88 is not alone in his inaccuracy of prediction AND that the data is invariably weighted toward lower-than-actual prediction (though i suspect this year may buck that trend).

That being said he did take a risk coming out with what he did.
Bunch of small python Arctic Apps:
https://github.com/SimonF92/Arctic

bbr2314

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 158
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #6594 on: September 15, 2019, 09:08:14 PM »
Just take a look at the poll-results year on year and you will see that weatherdude88 is not alone in his inaccuracy of prediction AND that the data is invariably weighted toward lower-than-actual prediction (though i suspect this year may buck that trend).

That being said he did take a risk coming out with what he did.
He is a denier troll and it was not a risk, it was a lie designed to further obfuscate and derail the discourse on this forum.

HapHazard

• Grease ice
  • Chillin' on Cold Mountain.
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 284
  • Likes Given: 5251
« Reply #6595 on: September 15, 2019, 09:08:47 PM »
I got no reaction to that...
Not everything one posts is important enough for a reaction...
If I call you out but go no further, the reason is Brandolini's law.

Wildcatter

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 39
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #6596 on: September 15, 2019, 11:02:48 PM »
I was wondering when you guys were going to wake up at the tail end of this season :) it's very interesting. What's up with those geo heights? I'm very curious about the upcoming PIOmas. Also looks like some of the heavy activity in the North Atlantic with heavy winds blowing right into the Norwegian currents has died down a bit.

Really need a good freeze season along the CAA and N Greenland. Gyre will shove some CAB into it, but its dwindled last few years into barely any thickness at all.

The meriodional anomaly up the Bering that's been persistent could be an influential factor
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:14:05 AM by Wildcatter »
BA Energy Commerce - Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society
Texas Tech University
Bottled in the Permian Basin, aged in Austin
Good Faith Operator
Apprentice Psychohistorian
The truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it.

aperson

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 100
  • Likes Given: 131
« Reply #6597 on: September 15, 2019, 11:07:43 PM »
He is a denier troll and it was not a risk, it was a lie designed to further obfuscate and derail the discourse on this forum.

Yep, this isn't the only forum he does this garbage on. Unfortunately he made the denialist mistake of making a falsifiable prediction.
computer janitor by trade

colchonero

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6598 on: September 16, 2019, 12:37:10 AM »
Well it's funny when bbr of all the prople, starts talking (read attacking) about somebody else's false predictions, which are according to his words not just honest mistakes (btw nothing the guy said at that point looked like trash that doesn't make any sense, CAB numbers weren't weak, but July was hot and we are still practically tied with 2016.) but trolling. Man you are literally famous for that on this forum, with much more ridiculous "predictions". Every time you see something you "like", you post these 10 day forecasts of every single run that helps your "case".

@aperson
It's not a denialist mistake to be wrong. Everybody is wrong sometimes with their predictions. It's just a mistake. What do we call people who voted for BOE option THIS YEAR, during this melting season. Or do you think that was more realistic than weatherdude's prediction. They were just wronglike him. That is it. No conspiracies or hidden meanings behind every false prediction. Some are more realistic, some are less.

Please guys stop attacking and bullying people every time there is somebody who has different prediction, compared to yours, even if they are wrong.  Cause you also are wrong a lot., like many people here, including me. Nobody could have predicted such a strong HP during the first half of the summer, especially after last few years (there was a talk last year or 2017 I remember very well, that because of the warming, cloudy cool summers are a new norm). And after all of that, nobody could have predicted such a slow August melt. It was proven dozens of times to all of us that Arctic is almost impossible to predict and full of surprises.

Shared Humanity

« Reply #6599 on: September 16, 2019, 01:05:34 AM »
Well it's funny when bbr of all the prople, starts talking (read attacking) about somebody else's false predictions, which are according to his words not just honest mistakes (btw nothing the guy said at that point looked like trash that doesn't make any sense, CAB numbers weren't weak, but July was hot and we are still practically tied with 2016.) but trolling. Man you are literally famous for that on this forum, with much more ridiculous "predictions". Every time you see something you "like", you post these 10 day forecasts of every single run that helps your "case".

@aperson
It's not a denialist mistake to be wrong. Everybody is wrong sometimes with their predictions. It's just a mistake. What do we call people who voted for BOE option THIS YEAR, during this melting season. Or do you think that was more realistic than weatherdude's prediction. They were just wronglike him. That is it. No conspiracies or hidden meanings behind every false prediction. Some are more realistic, some are less.

Please guys stop attacking and bullying people every time there is somebody who has different prediction, compared to yours, even if they are wrong.  Cause you also are wrong a lot., like many people here, including me. Nobody could have predicted such a strong HP during the first half of the summer, especially after last few years (there was a talk last year or 2017 I remember very well, that because of the warming, cloudy cool summers are a new norm). And after all of that, nobody could have predicted such a slow August melt. It was proven dozens of times to all of us that Arctic is almost impossible to predict and full of surprises.

Thank you for this.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:23:25 PM by Shared Humanity »