Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Forum Decorum  (Read 175846 times)

kassy

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1284
  • Likes Given: 1205
Re: Forum Decorum
« Reply #1650 on: April 19, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »
I must confess I do not understand what moderation is for . TB, HHI etc are under moderation yet have free run here while Kassy and Oren complain when they are allowed to post in the off-topic section . Hard not to predict TB's  return when he is welcome to post without moderation . b.c.

ps .. Copied from COVID-19 thread as more likely to be deleted there than anything TB etc post ..

Well moderation is mostly about posts being on topic.

That running free is also just perception.

For HHI i am pretty sure the last 2 approved posts were just articles.

What you did not get see where the 5 or so posts i deleted where he argues viruses do not exist.

TB is also not running free but if you look at the thread no one really discusses the argument.
That is fine, free world and all that but i suggest also not discussing the poster if you are not discussing the post.
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

gerontocrat

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 4039
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #1651 on: April 19, 2021, 09:52:50 PM »
TB is also not running free but if you look at the thread no one really discusses the argument.
That is fine, free world and all that but i suggest also not discussing the poster if you are not discussing the post.

What are the rules (if any) for the sender or the receiver on receiving an unsolicited PM sent to avoid the moderator?
"Para a Causa do Povo a Luta Continua!"
"And that's all I'm going to say about that". Forrest Gump
"Damn, I wanted to see what happened next" (Epitaph)

Jim Hunt

• Young ice
  • Stay Home, Save Lives
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 541
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1652 on: April 19, 2021, 10:17:49 PM »
What are the rules (if any) for the sender or the receiver on receiving an unsolicited PM sent to avoid the moderator?

What a coincidence. I have an inbox full of those too Gero!

Some of them are somewhat abusive :o
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

vox_mundi

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2639
  • Likes Given: 403
« Reply #1653 on: April 19, 2021, 10:26:21 PM »
Ditto!
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late

kassy

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1284
  • Likes Given: 1205
« Reply #1654 on: April 19, 2021, 10:41:35 PM »
There are no set rules for that. But of course you are free to forward examples of anything that is send to you with additional queries.
Þetta minnismerki er til vitnis um að við vitum hvað er að gerast og hvað þarf að gera. Aðeins þú veist hvort við gerðum eitthvað.

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2509
  • Likes Given: 2268
« Reply #1655 on: April 19, 2021, 11:57:33 PM »
You can block a user and thus avoid incoming messages as well, IIRC. But a poster who constantly abuses via PM should be reviewed by Neven for banning, so do forward examples of such repetitive behavior to the mods who will forward them further upon consensus.

Jim Hunt

• Young ice
  • Stay Home, Save Lives
    • View Profile
    • The Arctic sea ice Great White Con
  • Liked: 541
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1656 on: Today at 01:31:12 AM »
Do forward examples of such repetitive behaviour to the mods who will forward them further upon consensus.

Which mod deals with PMs? Or is it the joint responsibility of all?

I have been subject to such "repetitive behaviour" on matters both Arctic and Covid for example.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

oren

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 2509
  • Likes Given: 2268
« Reply #1657 on: Today at 03:12:18 AM »
This hasn't been discussed, but maybe send PM-related complaints to the mods on the basis of their subject matter, Arctic to me and Covid to Kassy. Or alternatively just send to all three mods.