Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 83747 times)

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 779
  • Likes Given: 490
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2019, 09:41:13 PM »
The current problem is with mp4 files. Although they require a click to play they still load into the browser. If DM or Neven can disable this autoloading and just load a thumbnail it would fix everything.

I thought mp4 files were ideal because they don't play automatically. Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be a setting I can tweak in the SMF Mod that is enabling videos to be played on the forum.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin

NevB

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »
Neven Whatever you did to remove the corona virus thread from the recent posts was a good idea.

This is a good, informative and useful thread but I agree shouldn't be a highlight of the forum.
Your exceptional judgement in these areas is what makes this place so successful.

I just thought some positive feedback would be helpful.

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2020, 06:31:54 PM »
THE NEVEN-ATOR!!!!

On killing corona thread:

MONSTER THANKS!!!!
P.S. And feeding trolls??  I'm certainly not the resident bot sabotaging/derailing ASIF on a daily basis with his/its extremely low-effort and largely off-topic post-bombing.  Why do people keep feeding that??

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 779
  • Likes Given: 490
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2020, 10:09:56 PM »
Neven Whatever you did to remove the corona virus thread from the recent posts was a good idea.

This is a good, informative and useful thread but I agree shouldn't be a highlight of the forum.
Your exceptional judgement in these areas is what makes this place so successful.

I just thought some positive feedback would be helpful.

Thanks a lot. I was late in noticing that 'corona virus' showed up a bit much in the recent posts list.
Il faut comparer, comparer, comparer, et cultiver notre jardin