Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 93074 times)

ajouis

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #350 on: July 22, 2020, 08:16:55 PM »
I don’t know what will happen either Oren, but they keep contesting the mods authority, so I think letting them see what happens without any could be a learning experience, I mean Neven could straight up ban them but I am quite against the idea to be honest, on the other hand they are starting to question everything blumenkraft does which is not acceptable either
After a thousand steps on the ice, it cracked.
The Man looked down at the infinite blue of the sea.
On the horizon, standing still, the polar bear had just scented his next meal.

Less than 3000 cubic kilometers this Piomas minimum.

HapHazard

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 141
  • Likes Given: 2326
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »
As a former Admin myself, I'd just post-ban the lot of 'em. Petulant little children that they are. They're doing the internet equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum in the cereal aisle.

gandul

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #352 on: July 27, 2020, 10:44:55 PM »
I don’t know what will happen either Oren, but they keep contesting the mods authority, so I think letting them see what happens without any could be a learning experience, I mean Neven could straight up ban them but I am quite against the idea to be honest, on the other hand they are starting to question everything blumenkraft does which is not acceptable either
Yes I concurred with the suggestion of removing BK as moderator. He's very impulsive, easily triggered and easily triggering, makes very incorrect responses as the recent Friz episode, and is very biased, admitting that he uses it for moderation. He's very authoritarian too.
Call it a tantrum, whatever, that guy cannot moderate as he lacks moderation.
I continue supporting the suggestion.

gandul

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #353 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:29 PM »
As a former Admin myself, I'd just post-ban the lot of 'em. Petulant little children that they are. They're doing the internet equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum in the cereal aisle.
I suggest moderating condescending paternalistic comments void of content as the one above.

igs

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 89
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #354 on: July 27, 2020, 11:55:00 PM »
I observed that some users here have a statistic that goes about like this:

40% of the posts without contributing content on any topic but acclaiming a small group after first checking from which direction the wind blows.

40% bashing others but again only after waiting for a few posts to be sure from which
direction the wind blows to make certain to be in the right slot of the "winners"

20% post on a topic, mostly without big value that might not matter but still

So the acclaimed few will of course not complain about this and the others that are and were
bashed of course can't do a lot because they're in the  group of the losers.

It would be interesting to see someone sharpening his sensors to such intrigant behaviour, not that I expect to get far with this wish/suggestion, it's just that for me intrigant pharisees are one of the worst. I prefer people who are wrong or complicated but with an honest point to make that eventually can be proven right or wrong.
Knowledge that does not increase every day will decrease every day !