Off-topic > The forum

How many of you are scientists?

(1/5) > >>

Bugalugs:
Bit of an odd question, but the people on there, are most of you climate scientists? Or is this forum populated mainly with laymen who have an interest? I assume "lurkers" are mostly laymen.

I note that many posts are scientific in nature, with supporting data, suggesting scientific backgrounds, but perhaps some of you are just ice-focussed mega-geeks  :D

I am actually asking with great respect, as it would help me understand more about what I am reading.

Is it possible to supply a list of user names who are credentialled climate/environmental scientists? No IDs needed of course.

Congrats on a great forum. Given the significance of the discussion here, you'd think the forum would be populated by millions.

DrTskoul:
PhD Chemical Engineer, with background and practice in fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer and complex dynamic process systems.

oren:
I think most contributors are laymen and laywomen, some with strong scientific backgrounds. I have a meager B.A and half an M.A in physics, while A-Team is a professor of mathematical physics IIRC.
I expect some lurkers are actual scientists, looking for ideas (especially the off-the-radar ones), sharing some result every so often, or defending some paper.

DrTskoul:
Most people here, regardless if they are scientists, they are curious and are here to learn.

petm:
Scientist, not climate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version