Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Last Stand of The Fossil Fools  (Read 1344 times)

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
Last Stand of The Fossil Fools
« on: October 06, 2019, 02:24:38 AM »
The topic might seem OT for this part of the forum, but it is quite literally (verbally in the video) about the Russian Arctic Sea (but also the Oklahoma State Seismologist).

Since quite some time I've been saying this. Not only on the polit threads here. Meanwhile Rachel Maddow seems to have written the (i.e. first) magisterial book about it. (Out right now, not yet ordered.)

What Lawrence O'Donnell couldn't make sense of (5:40) and let Rachel M read out herself is exactly what I mean when I try to explain the Trumputin nexus. It is where Post Truth Age meets fossil economics meets Arctic Sea Ice:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:29:43 AM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
Re: Last Stand of The Fossil Fools
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »
There's an Oil and Gas thread, there's a Russia thread, you can open a Russophobia thread if you'd like, heck, you could even open a thread in the Arctic Background category and make clear this is about fossil fuels in the Arctic Ocean.

But this has nothing to do whatsoever with Arctic sea ice, and a video with two out-of-touch-millionnaire stooges of smoke-and-mirrors neoliberalism is about the worst starting point one could imagine.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith