Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Leftism is a greater threat than climate change  (Read 11627 times)

blumenkraft

Re: Leftism is a greater threat than climate change
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

bbr2314

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 158
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »

I am not watching an hour-long screed by some bleeding heart soy boy.

Refugees have been weaponized by Erdogan and while some Germans may not realize this, enough hopefully will soon. They are certainly dealing with poor, hungry, needy people -- but these people have specifically been allowed to cross into Europe by Turkey with the intent of destabilizing European powers. They are not being integrated properly because they do not WANT to be integrated (though some certainly do), Erdogan's goal is to destabilize and destroy European culture, and he is using the bleeding hearts to do this with vigor.

Alexander555

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 09:09:23 PM »
Alexander,
  Which part can be blamed on the Leftists?  Who creates the failed states? 

Looks like an anti-muslim word salad to me...  maybe you have a future in speech writing if Steven Miller retires.

We will see how the Brexit ends, and the Trump story, and all these bankrupted Western democracies. The last time in Belgium it took more than 500 days to make a government.

Rich

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
So some of you see the alt-right as the big problem......

. How many Jews live in Israël ? A couple million. Would they still be alive without the support of the US ?

No one is saying the alt-right is the only problem. If / when Muslim hate groups come to ASIF, I would condemn them just as much.

As a Jew, I understand that Israel is NOT dependent on the US for survival. They have at least 200 nukes and no rich group of mullahs is ready to commit suicide that I'm aware of. No precedent for that.

Religion and race based fanaticism of all stripes is bad news. As a Jew, I can't say that some of my tribe isn't infused with some of that. All religions have extremists and there are no shortage of greedy and power hungry people willing to manipulate people through fear of others.

As a Jew, it would be easy for me to take the tribal stance and accept that Muslims are to be feared. But it wasn't Muslims who created the assembly line of extermination that killed 6 million Jews. It was white Christian supremacists.

In America (where I live), , Muslims are too small in number to be feared. Scared and hate filled white people are the danger.

Alexander555

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »

I am not watching an hour-long screed by some bleeding heart soy boy.

Refugees have been weaponized by Erdogan and while some Germans may not realize this, enough hopefully will soon. They are certainly dealing with poor, hungry, needy people -- but these people have specifically been allowed to cross into Europe by Turkey with the intent of destabilizing European powers. They are not being integrated properly because they do not WANT to be integrated (though some certainly do), Erdogan's goal is to destabilize and destroy European culture, and he is using the bleeding hearts to do this with vigor.

Even Erdogans calls for all Turkish woman to have at least 3 children, can you imagine what the immam tells in the mosque. And even Erdogan is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter, that's Osama Bin Laden's school. That's the guy that crashed these airplanes in the Twin Towers.

Tunnelforce9

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 09:32:00 PM »
Quote from: bbr2314
What about high European birth rates in the 1800s? Were those also due to colonialism?

We keep Africa poor on purpose otherwise western civilization would collapse because we can 't pay the real costs of the destruction of africa and it's resources.

Please visit ashesashes.org and listen to their podcasts because you need to see the big picture .
 https://ashesashes.org/
Quote from: AshesAshes
While human civilization owes its existence to the unimaginable wealth that nature freely provides, our current growth trajectory is increasingly being fueled by the direct erosion of biodiversity, ecosystem services, cultural heritage, and more, effectively cannibalizing our future for the sake of short-term “progress.” Our show is dedicated to understanding this process, and illustrating its many forms, which includes everything from environmental destruction and unsustainable economic extraction to social atomization and isolation.

edit=typo
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:45:50 PM by Tunnelforce9 »

GoodeWeather

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2019, 09:40:58 PM »
So some of you see the alt-right as the big problem......

. How many Jews live in Israël ? A couple million. Would they still be alive without the support of the US ?

No one is saying the alt-right is the only problem. If / when Muslim hate groups come to ASIF, I would condemn them just as much.

As a Jew, I understand that Israel is NOT dependent on the US for survival. They have at least 200 nukes and no rich group of mullahs is ready to commit suicide that I'm aware of. No precedent for that.

Religion and race based fanaticism of all stripes is bad news. As a Jew, I can't say that some of my tribe isn't infused with some of that. All religions have extremists and there are no shortage of greedy and power hungry people willing to manipulate people through fear of others.

As a Jew, it would be easy for me to take the tribal stance and accept that Muslims are to be feared. But it wasn't Muslims who created the assembly line of extermination that killed 6 million Jews. It was white Christian supremacists.

In America (where I live), , Muslims are too small in number to be feared. Scared and hate filled white people are the danger.

Yet the US sends them over $3billion in foreign aid.

Stephan

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 759
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »

As for my opinion: I don't really believe that much in left and right. It's something that was maybe relevant last century, but nowadays people don't even know the real differences. You'll hear nonsense like 'Hitler was actually a lefty too'. It's just a ploy to further divide people and make money off the division.

But even then, my reply to the topic opener would be: Is there only one, heterogenous 'leftism'? Or is it actually composed of various variants and streams of thought?

Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
I agree with you, that "left" and "right" is more about past decades. What becomes more and more important, is the differentiation between "global" and "local" orientation of the population. We can see it in many countries in Europe, that multiculturalism and globalism, European Union oriented, including multinatinal tasks to be solved (like actions against climate change or the solution of migration issues) are more and more offended. Those people prefer to think in ancient regional or national boundaries. By the way, the same amount of people also is very reserved (to say it politely) towards the LBGT community and is less satisfied with the way we live (in terms of democracy and free press) and would prefer a more rigorous government (of course in their sense). These people also tend to listen to populists and vote for them in elections. They think about themselves that they would truly represent the population and they should save our country from too many influences from abroad. In addition they claim our free press to be governed by foreign dark powers and that it does not write/broadcast the truth. Of course climate change in their opinion does not happen at all - and if, then it is the sun or whatever, but not us, to have caused it.
It will be difficult, at least if you imagine that these people win 15 - 20 -25 % of the votes in Germany, which make the formation of coalitions quite a challenge. And their main political enemy are the environmentalists.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:56:59 PM by Stephan »
It is too late just to be concerned about Climate Change

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1337
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 11:26:57 PM »
Okay, I will address two points that I find interesting, and then as announced:

If things get off the rails, I will close it immediately.

Now for the two points.

There's no excuse for Neven to tolerate this. If this kind of thing is allowed here, it can only be because he wants it here.

Well, I get weekly requests from people who want me to ban you because they feel there is no excuse for the way you act. Some believe you are intentionally trolling to maximise discord, by arrogantly pontificating where you turn up. Shall I ban you now?

The reason I 'allowed' is threefold: 1) It's just a stupid name, and I find it tiresome how even silly, stupid names cause so much indignation and ultimatums. 2) I thought I'd wait for 24 hours to see if Gumbercules would like to explain, because 3) it reflects so poorly on Gumbercules.

He's not explaining, and the thread is off the rails, so I'm closing it. This is all very normal for a forum, and no reason to get upset about (unless you feel an urgent need). Right now, I have 1 hour every evening to play the janitor here, and if you don't mind, I'd also look at the ice for a while.

Second point:

For the record, Neven calling me 'just the same than them' once insulted me a thousand times more than Arsedolph Shitter possibly could.

You're not the same as 'them'. I'll take you over Gumbercules any day of the week, but you were acting in a way that assured you looked bad and he looked good because it allowed him to play the victim card. You need to show a little bit of patience when engaging with people you suspect of belonging to a certain kind of a group. First of all, you could be wrong and these people might have interesting things to tell you. Second, if not, they will out themselves soon enough.

By jumping on them, just because they vote for Trump, for instance, you eliminate the possibility for an exchange and increased mutual understanding, and if they're not bona fide, you give them the opportunity to play the victim card.

But of course, Gumbercules isn't a victim, because by opening this thread he has done the exact same thing he accused you and others of doing to him. That's the irony.

I'm holding you to a higher standard, BK, because I like you better and expect more wisdom from you. This is meant as a compliment.

And with that, I'm closing this thread. Thanks for all the fish.
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith