Support the Arctic Sea Ice Forum and Blog

Author Topic: Greta Thunberg's Atlantic crossing  (Read 80279 times)

be cause

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1012
  • Likes Given: 1034
Re: Greta Thunberg's Atlantic crossing
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
I don't know if you are a short nasty brute in real life .. but you do your best here .. thank goodness Greta does not have you shitting beside her . b.c.
Conflict is the root of all evil , for being blind it does not see whom it attacks . Yet it always attacks the Son Of God , and the Son of God is you .

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2019, 08:26:52 PM »
... Here she is, sitting silently, pondering how ridiculously ineffective that 15-day sailboat stunt was.... 
Either what you say or thinking about her own answer from today on instagram: "When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go. And you know you're winning." ("you" here is Greta not someone Nasty). 

VaughnAn

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 58
  • Likes Given: 445
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2019, 11:41:38 PM »
... Here she is, sitting silently, pondering how ridiculously ineffective that 15-day sailboat stunt was.... 
Either what you say or thinking about her own answer from today on instagram: "When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go. And you know you're winning." ("you" here is Greta not someone Nasty).

Not only that, when "haters" make nasty comments about others, the "haters" are actually talking about themselves even though they(the "haters") think they are talking about others.  This is just the way it works.  The more "haters" say the more immaterial they sound and their effectiveness approaches an asymptote near zero.

As for the photo of Greta above, One learns more with her ears open and her mouth shut than the other way around.

TerryM

• First-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 893
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2019, 11:50:58 PM »
Spare some thoughts for the child, as well as for the icon.
Terry

Sebastian Jones

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 214
  • Likes Given: 158
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2019, 12:27:55 AM »
An interesting article that explores the connection between those who attack Thunberg with climate deniers, misogynists and the right wing:
https://newrepublic.com/article/154879/misogyny-climate-deniers?fbclid=IwAR0NUWJOi0Y9jXVRHFzR-Jm0X_7fBORXTPTHNCZ8BvzGrtGnAOkvLXb98U4

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2019, 01:51:29 AM »
[Epic face palm]

Sebastian, SATire, et al.:  Yes, there are "haters" out there, but WHEN DID I EVER MOCK OR CRITICIZE GRETA? Where are you getting this stuff?  Did you read my post three days ago?

[Second epic face palm]

Only 22 days till Greta speaks at the Climate Summit.  You guys need to up your game.
Thomas Hobbes , English philosopher 1588-1679

Rodius

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 645
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2019, 02:22:21 AM »
Why do you keep attacking the messenger?

For someone who thinks they are a well read layperson concerning Aspergers, you really dont know much about it at all.

Let me educate you somewhat because you seem to need it.

1 - she is almost certainly disliking sitting around so many people. Why? Because several of her senses will probably be overstimulated and the most effective way to cope is to attempt to ignore them. Not easily done.

2 - as mentioned elsewhere, her diagnosis, or part of it, named one aspect where she only speaks when there is a need to speak, or when she feels like she has something to say. Personally, I am the same and in that situation in the photo, I would be doing exactly the same thing. Bored, overstimulated and having nothing to add to anything because it is already being said or I have already said it.

Also, one image says bugger all. Look at the people around her with the same look on their face? I bet most are neuro typicals, are you going to give a critical analysis on them as well?

And she is on script.
She speaks her mind.
She is consistent.
She quotes the science.

3 - Asperger's people have another quality that is lacking in neurotypical people.... it is called hyper focus. If anything, she will double down on this, not disappear. She will not stop, ever, until she feels she has resolved her own criteria for action being taken.
Trust me on this one, she is hyper focused on this. She will not simply disappear.

And stop talking about the people around her as being her handler. She is not a dog or a pet. She is a teenage woman who needs support just like any other human being. Seriously, just how much more insulting could you become?

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2019, 03:37:47 AM »
Thanks for the thoughtful and informative response, Rodius.

As the saying goes, some people need to stop believing everything they think! :)
"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2019, 09:38:49 AM »
Greta will not stop soon. In Brussles (see her press conference video in post #96) she told us that she will not stop before Sweden is in line with the 1.5 °C warming target. She probably has found her life-time job and she is doing this job exeptionally well I think.

When I visited USA for first time after school I was overhelmed by New York for several days. Now imagine Gretas speciality, her 15 days with very few people on a large ocean and then she droped in that loud, fast, brutal and interesting big apple. Considering also that people in USA are not so famous for beeing nice listeners she may have realized, that her "ridiculously ineffective (...) stunt" did not end but started while stepping from board.

I hope she may find some native friends who can do the job is USA. Those need to be especially crazy pioneers since that job is way more difficult than the one in Sweden...

blumenkraft

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
Here she is, sitting silently, pondering how ridiculously ineffective that 15-day sailboat stunt was....  See the handler there to Greta's left?

You keep making assumptions.

WHEN DID I EVER MOCK OR CRITICIZE GRETA?

There are a lot of answers to this answer but since you don't understand them, here again in plain language:

Your imbecile assumptions are seen as offensive.

blumenkraft

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2019, 05:50:01 PM »
Thanks for the thoughtful and informative response, Rodius.

+1

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2019, 06:50:50 PM »
Greta Thunberg’s Slow Boat to New York
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/09/09/greta-thunbergs-slow-boat-to-new-york
Last year, Thunberg began striking by skipping school every Friday to protest government inaction on climate change, inspiring kids around the world to do the same. On August 14th, she departed from Plymouth, England, on the Malizia II, an emission-free sailboat, to attend a climate summit at the United Nations on September 23rd. (She avoids airplanes, which are among the worst sources of carbon emissions.) During the two-week journey, she had posted several dispatches on Twitter. Early Wednesday morning, she documented her first sighting of the dim lights of New York. “Land!!” she wrote. After clearing customs and immigration while anchored off Coney Island, she waited on the boat for the incoming tide. With no engine, the Malizia had to rely on natural forces to propel it to its landing place.

blumenkraft

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »
From reddit/r/aspergers

Déjà vu anyone?

Read the whole thing!
Link >> https://www.reddit.com/r/aspergers/comments/cyp3k3/greta_thunberg_speaks_about_how_she_used/

bligh8

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 56
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2019, 04:56:00 PM »
Some comments & interviews w/Greta and others the day she arrived in NY, after a quick jump across the pond.

For anyone living in the tri state area.
https://strikewithus.org/rsvp-thanks/

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:21:30 PM by bligh8 »

VaughnAn

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »
John Iadarola discusses climate deniers in this video.  It is important to remember that when these climate deniers call the climate activists names they, the climate deniers, haters, etc., are actually talking about themselves and demonstrating their own stupidity.  John Iadarola explains this eloquently:

etienne

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
    • About energy
  • Liked: 309
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2019, 03:42:06 PM »
The book is also crossing the Atlantic, and should be ready for "buy nothing day" (November 29th, 2019).
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.ca/books/626179/our-house-is-on-fire-by-malena-ernman-with-greta-beata-and-svante-thunberg/9780241419632
I am reading the German version "Szenen aus dem Herzen". Other languages are already available too.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 03:49:04 PM by etienne »

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2019, 11:32:14 PM »
Read the demands from the upcoming climate strike
https://www.fastcompany.com/90398587/read-the-demands-from-the-upcoming-climate-strike
A year ago, Greta Thunberg, the now-16-year-old climate activist, stopped going to school in order to stand outside Swedish Parliament and protest the lack of climate action. She inspired youth climate strikes around the world—including a massive strike planned for September 20. Today, a coalition of American youth climate activists who are planning that strike released a list of their policy demands, hours before Democratic presidential candidates appear in back-to-back town halls focused on climate change.

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
This Entire Week Has Been Incredibly Depressing. But Then Today in New York I Saw a Young Woman Give People Hope.
https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2019/09/greta-thunberg-new-york/
“We shouldn’t be talking about ‘believing’ in the climate crisis,” Thunberg said during the rally that followed the students’ quiet protest. “Either you understand and accept the science, or you don’t. As long as we keep talking about believing, or thinking climate change is real, then it’s seen as something you choose to believe in, and then it gets turned into an opinion. And if it’s an opinion, it can be debated.”

Tom_Mazanec

« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:10 PM »
Greta Thunberg to join 'climate strike' event outside White House
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/460757-greta-thunberg-to-join-climate-strike-event-outside-white-house
Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg will participate in a climate strike outside the White House Friday as part of a six-day visit to Washington, D.C., a representative for Thunberg said in a statement Tuesday.

Thunberg will join other youth activists to gather and demand action one week before a series of global climate strikes slated for Sept. 20. Thunberg will also join other youth activists in lobbying Congress during her visit to the capital, according to the statement.

THE RIGHT TO A FUTURE — WITH NAOMI KLEIN AND GRETA THUNBERG
https://theintercept.com/2019/09/06/greta-thunberg-naomi-klein-climate-change-livestream/
THE INTERCEPT INVITES you to watch a special event in New York City hosted by Intercept senior correspondent Naomi Klein, author of the forthcoming book “On Fire: The (Burning) Case for a Green New Deal,” and headlined by trailblazing climate activist Greta Thunberg, author of “No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference.”
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:59:12 PM by Tom_Mazanec »

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 82
  • Likes Given: 571
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »
Just a great photo

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2019, 03:27:55 PM »
Who ist that lady next to Greta?

Thank you for posting what happens to Greta in the US. The media here don't say much about Greta in the USA.

blumenkraft

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »
This is Jane Goodall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Goodall

PS: I can imagine today is quite a big day for Greta.  :D

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:30 PM »
I agree.  Great photo from Davos global-elite-fest last January.

Here's another.  Off-the-charts cringe.  She knows.

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »
Tonight she's on The Daily Show!   Activism Works!

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »

Thank you for posting what happens to Greta in the US. The media here don't say much about Greta in the USA.

That's Jane Goodall, google everything you can find about her, adding her to your life can only make you much more optimistic about humanity.

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
I agree.  Great photo from Davos global-elite-fest last January.

Here's another.  Off-the-charts cringe.  She knows.

Congrats you will be the first person ever on my ignore list since sometime around 2007.

i think you have nothing to offer here other than promoting the hate that divides us.

That by the way is a compliment to Neven who's super power has made this place the most trusted of all.

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »
That's Jane Goodall, google everything you can find about her, adding her to your life can only make you much more optimistic about humanity.
Thank you. I know Jane Goodall's work. But I could not realize her in that picture with Greta. Must be fun in NY for Greta since she likes to discuss with scientists - much better than small talk or such buzz.

Neven

• Administrator
  • First-year ice
    • View Profile
    • Arctic Sea Ice Blog
  • Liked: 1333
  • Likes Given: 617
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2019, 06:55:51 PM »
Tonight she's on The Daily Show!   Activism Works!

I really dislike that Trevor Noah guy, and I'm curious at all the feelgood PC BS he's going to vomit all over Greta. Can someone post a video later on?
The enemy is within
Don't confuse me with him

E. Smith

ShortBrutishNasty

• New ice
    • View Profile

philopek

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2019, 11:03:43 PM »
Just a great photo

Looks like the "Lady" that studied and lived with the Gorillas in the mist ;)

I think her name was Jane Goodall but I may err.

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
  • Virtual world alter ego / अवतार of Martin Gisser
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2019, 12:45:02 AM »
Quite an impressive series of interviews... :) :D
Looks like the one with Trevor Noah was best (most crisp and fresh).  --- RRRRrrr Fffu'*! Perkele! The CC link does not serve video to Germany, and a YouTube copy is blocked likewise. Only on the FB page was a 4 minute snippet...

Here is Amy Goodman's long thing: (Second time after the one in Katowice - the other 2 videos.)

Ha!-HAAAaaaaaaaaahahahaha...

-------------------------------

Katowice (December 2018) interview Part 1:

Katowice interview Part 2, together with Kevin Anderson:

"... and we don't want to be screwed." -- Greta

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:57:18 AM by Florifulgurator »
"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt
"Вчи українську це тобі ще знадобиться" ~ Internet

wili

• Young ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 602
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:46 AM »
Phil, Gorillas in the Mist is a book and then movie about Dian Fossey, another of Leakey's 'Trimates.' Jane Goodall studied chimps.

"A force de chercher de bonnes raisons, on en trouve; on les dit; et après on y tient, non pas tant parce qu'elles sont bonnes que pour ne pas se démentir." Choderlos de Laclos "You struggle to come up with some valid reasons, then cling to them, not because they're good, but just to not back down."

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2019, 02:38:00 AM »
CBS This Morning:

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or committed communist, but rather people for whom the difference between facts and fiction, true and false, no longer exists." ~ Hannah Arendt

KiwiGriff

• Nilas ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 710
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2019, 03:22:29 AM »
For an Aspie she copes with normies well.
I remember when I first read Desmond Morris "Man watching" and realized how much I miss in communication with normies . That epiphany happened long before I even knew what  asperger's  is and that I was one.
We Aspies don't do small talk it is mostly meaningless incomprehensible monkey chatter to us and very difficult to follow your thinking and read what you don't say in personal interactions.
It is not at all surprising to an  Aspie that Greta looks defensive when engaging with highly skilled social normies and comfortable when she is engaging with scientists.  We don't grok social chatter we do get and are comfortable with anyone who can impart knowledge in something that interests us. .
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.
Notebooks of Lazarus Long.
Robert Heinlein.

nanning

• Nilas ice
  • 0Kg CO₂, 37 KWh/wk,125L H₂O/wk, No offspring
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 273
  • Likes Given: 23170
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2019, 07:51:04 AM »
<snip>
Katowice (December 2018) interview Part 1:
Katowice interview Part 2, together with Kevin Anderson:
"... and we don't want to be screwed." -- Greta

Thank you for these links Florifulgurator. They were interesting to watch :).

Strangely and beautifully, I recognise a lot of arguments and acting upon them by Greta.
My very strong 'feeling' of justice (morality) and personal responsibility has made me go all the way to ZERO DIRECT EMISSIONS and move away from the civilisation interpretation of 'good life'. Live like people lived in the old days. And started my research in urban hermitage to find the reasons for civilisation and human behaviour.

I would expect all people like Greta and like me, to follow our paths. This is in general not what I observe.
Then again, I consciously never became a grown-up. Perhaps that is the distinction?
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning
Why do you keep accumulating stuff?

NevB

• Frazil ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2019, 11:56:44 AM »
Just a great photo

Looks like the "Lady" that studied and lived with the Gorillas in the mist ;)

I think her name was Jane Goodall but I may err.

You are correct, that is Jane Goodall, she is also an absolutely wonderful person.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 1153
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2019, 01:47:01 PM »
CBS This Morning:

Greta:  “Not a hunger strike.”

Gotta love how Aspergers permits a quick correction to his quite ignorant statement, without concern for social niceties.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

philopek

« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
Phil, Gorillas in the Mist is a book and then movie about Dian Fossey, another of Leakey's 'Trimates.' Jane Goodall studied chimps.

Thanks for putting things right.

While the Chimps, not Gorillas was a clear error.
The "mist" thing was a failed attempt of kidding, leaning to the movie,
should have added a "Winky" but then it was wrong either way ;) ;)

Glad I said I wasn't sure ;) ;)

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2019, 12:07:35 AM »
CBS This Morning:

Greta:  “Not a hunger strike.”

Gotta love how Aspergers permits a quick correction to his quite ignorant statement, without concern for social niceties.

Another highlight of this interview: To shame those "who need shaming".

This is almost exactly what I'm saying since about as long as Greta is alive (but never got the "main caveat of violent communication" that short and crisp)... It needs a little (looking) school girl to get that across...

Use the technical term "Bullshit" more often, I say.  What the Very Serious People (Krugman) fear most is public Shame! Shame! Shame!
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Very_Serious_People
Climate denial should be as socially unacceptable as Auschwitz denial or as ridiculous as flat Earthism.

<edit Neven: Someone asked me to remove this video because it's misogynistic and sexually degrading, and therefore not suited in a thread about a young girl. I do not entirely agree because it's about shaming climate risk deniers and I don't know the context, as I don't watch GoT. But I do find GoT tasteless and stupid like other sadistic series as The Walking Dead and so on, and so that should be enough reasons all in all to remove the video. Martin has made his point.>

Shirley & Co - Shame Shame Shame

« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 03:44:18 PM by Neven »

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2019, 01:55:57 AM »
P.S.: Accidentally, Amy Goodman's interviews reveal who Greta's actual handler and donor of interview time is. Any guess? :) Conspiracy explained!

blumenkraft

« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2019, 08:40:20 AM »
To shame those "who need shaming".
It needs a little (looking) school girl to get that across...

Even Kant needed way more words to say that.

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2019, 01:20:18 PM »
P.S.: Accidentally, Amy Goodman's interviews reveal who Greta's actual handler and donor of interview time is. Any guess? :) Conspiracy explained!
Her litle sister? No. I did not get it. Please enlight me.
Next Friday also companies and grown ups start to join fff. Greta disrupts.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2019, 01:46:54 PM »
New York City

NYC Public Schools (@NYCSchools) 9/12/19, 12:54 PM
.@NYCSchools will excuse absences of students participating in the #ClimateStrike on Friday 9/20. Students will need parental consent. Younger students can only leave school with a parent.
https://twitter.com/nycschools/status/1172191885928095744

Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) 9/12/19, 12:35 PM
.@NYCSchools will be sharing guidance with parents, educators and students on how students will be able to participate in next Friday’s events in the next few days. #ClimateStrike

NYC Public Schools (@NYCSchools) 9/12/19, 1:51 PM
We applaud our students when they raise their voices in a safe and respectful manner on issues that matter to them. Young people around the world are joining the #ClimateStrike this week—showing that student action will lead us forward.

NYC Public Schools (@NYCSchools) 9/12/19, 1:54 PM
We will share guidance with schools, and encourage class discussions about the impact of climate change, and the importance of civic engagement. #ClimateStrike

Florifulgurator

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2019, 01:52:45 AM »
Please enlight me.
A radical climate scientist, of course. (Who else but radicals get interviews with Amy Goodman? (In that class Greta is one of the most radical!))  Perhaps govt funded. (Hint: certainly not Russian...).

-----------------------
Martin G. notes: One of my best math exercise formulations :) Next: Greta in Hilbert space (*).

( * P.S.: Isn't she one of the cutest of deterministic Schrödinger cats? (And no, I'm not thinking of Botero... [~~]
https://jonathan-meynrath.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/look952.png

~~

)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 02:31:19 AM by Florifulgurator »

SATire

• Grease ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2019, 08:37:27 AM »
A radical climate scientist, of course.
(the "handler" of Greta, context above)
That is a no brainer. Greta follows science. Today realistic is often called radical. Probably because many people got used to be radically wrong. 
Perhaps govt funded. (Hint: certainly not Russian...).
I guess the Swedish government? No, she was demonstraiting against it... Swiss? I do not get your humor (just hoping it is humor, what I do not get).

That she is not a Russian spy and that Merkel was misunderstood Greta explained here (Poeple say such bullshit just to change subject away from climate crisis. Do not follow in wrong directions):   

blumenkraft

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2019, 09:17:45 AM »
I do not get your humor (just hoping it is humor, what I do not get).

Same!

Dictionary

handler
/ˈhandlə/
noun: handler; plural noun: handlers
a person who handles or deals with certain articles or commodities.
"a baggage handler"
a device which handles certain articles or substances.
"the company launched three telescopic handlers"
a person who trains or has charge of an animal, in particular a police officer in charge of a dog.
a person who trains or manages another person.
a person who trains and acts as second to a boxer.
a publicity agent.
a person who directs the activities of a spy or other freelance agent.

To those who call Greta a puppet of handlers, which definition of the word are you implying and for what reason?

In general, i have the impression the word is negatively connoted and i see it as a smear if used in the context of Greta.

nanning

• Nilas ice
  • 0Kg CO₂, 37 KWh/wk,125L H₂O/wk, No offspring
    • View Profile
  • Liked: 273
  • Likes Given: 23170
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2019, 10:33:28 AM »
Thank you for that videolink and your defence of Greta, SATire.
And I also didn't get it.
I agree with you and blumenkraft. I get you both :) .
"It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that prevents us from living freely and nobly" - Bertrand Russell
"It is preoccupation with what other people from your groups think of you, that prevents you from living freely and nobly" - Nanning
Why do you keep accumulating stuff?

VaughnAn

• New ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
Please enlight me.
A radical climate scientist, of course. (Who else but radicals get interviews with Amy Goodman? (In that class Greta is one of the most radical!))  Perhaps govt funded. (Hint: certainly not Russian...).

-----------------------
Martin G. notes: One of my best math exercise formulations :) Next: Greta in Hilbert space (*).

( * P.S.: Isn't she one of the cutest of deterministic Schrödinger cats? (And no, I'm not thinking of Botero... [~~]
~~~ snippage

Please enlighten me too if you are making a joke of this for I understand not.  If you are being serious you are certainly only talking about yourself, so if that is the case, what you think you are saying fades to meaningless dribble.

Sigmetnow

• Multi-year ice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2019, 03:29:24 PM »
Misogyny, meet hypocrisy: Climate deniers go after AOC, Greta Thunberg with sexist attacks
https://cnnews9.com/2019/08/31/misogyny-meet-hypocrisy-climate-deniers-go-after-aoc-greta-thunberg-with-sexist-attacks-salon/

blumenkraft

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2019, 05:03:46 PM »
Climate deniers go after AOC, Greta Thunberg with sexist attacks

Why do i have to share a planet with such scumbags?

Must have been a very very evil worm in a former life...