AGW in general > Walking the walk

Why are youngsters staying away from this site?

(1/2) > >>

P-maker:
Trying to figure out today, where the youngsters were in their current thinking, I came across this kind of disturbing message:

http://anlanasic.cf/neven-sea-ice-arctic.php

One should think that these guys were trying to help getting Neven a crowd amongst the youth, willing and eager to learn and share

On the controrary. It was impossible to link to any of the great stuff provided here. Actually, the site is in fact keeping youngsters away from this site. Some of them may have an interest or some kind of need to learn more, but simple algorithms are keeping them away from the altar of wisdom. What to do?

kassy:
If you are young you can also just google it and then read it. No registration required.
And we don´t know how many do that.

Not sure what that site you linked to is about but it is probably not typical for all youngsters?

Also this site is rather specific and i think that there are other sites to read first (basics first).

Général de GuerreLasse:
Here's a thread that could use a lot more activity. In 1972 when Dennis Meadows presented the famous Club of Rome report I was 16 years old and living in a coron in the north of France (a coron was a district reserved for coal miners). I waited with extreme impatience for a special issue of a magazine to come out to find out more in June of the same year. I was expecting a real revolution when I read Dennis Meadows' work (and later the books of James Lovelock). But nothing ... neither young nor old ... nothing for years. In fact, until now I'm afraid so. All my efforts, past and present... for nothing. I am not fooled by the "youth" demonstrations against climate change. I think that the driving forces behind them have nothing to do with real reflection and understanding of the causes, effects and actions that need to be put in place. They are more like epidermal reactions, a fashion phenomenon and then you make a selfie of yourself eating an ice cream. Denial has always been the cornerstone of the human race. Reality is too hard to accept. Now a "good question": where are the women? Should I open a thread to discuss it? ;)
But maybe it's not politically correct? :) :-X

oren:
The youth I know are aware of Global Warming, pollution and other environmental issues. They are however quite depressed in that they don't believe they can affect the outcome. I find it hard to argue with such realism, although if all decided at the same time to do something, things could change.

Freegrass:

--- Quote from: Général de GuerreLasse on August 09, 2020, 06:46:40 PM ---Here's a thread that could use a lot more activity. In 1972 when Dennis Meadows presented the famous Club of Rome report I was 16 years old and living in a coron in the north of France (a coron was a district reserved for coal miners). I waited with extreme impatience for a special issue of a magazine to come out to find out more in June of the same year. I was expecting a real revolution when I read Dennis Meadows' work (and later the books of James Lovelock). But nothing ... neither young nor old ... nothing for years. In fact, until now I'm afraid so. All my efforts, past and present... for nothing. I am not fooled by the "youth" demonstrations against climate change. I think that the driving forces behind them have nothing to do with real reflection and understanding of the causes, effects and actions that need to be put in place. They are more like epidermal reactions, a fashion phenomenon and then you make a selfie of yourself eating an ice cream. Denial has always been the cornerstone of the human race. Reality is too hard to accept. Now a "good question": where are the women? Should I open a thread to discuss it? ;)
But maybe it's not politically correct? :) :-X

--- End quote ---
Amen to that!

I think the problem is that (climate) activists like me - who aren't scientists with a lot of knowledge about the arctic - don't get accepted here easily by some members. We are told to shut up and stay in the background. So why bother hanging around?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version